Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A book entitled, "Stop That ..."  (Read 5299 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
A book entitled, "Stop That ..."
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:37 PM »

Someone sent us this kid's fiction book. We got it this week.

Is it an allegory?

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: A book entitled, "Stop That ..."
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:    :hot:

Emma

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »

Now is the title a command to the Pickle to stop its actions, or a plea for help in apprehending said vegetable?? :hamster: :dunno: :ROFL:

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »

Larry: "I'm not a pickle, I'm a cucumber!"

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:10:02 AM »

For those of you who  want to know the story line, here is one of the many reviews which has been written on the book:

From Booklist

Ages 5-8. This might be the kind of comic nightmare to expect after reading "The Gingerbread Man" on a full stomach. The last pickle in the jar at Adolph's Deli does not want to be eaten. It escapes and dashes through city streets, pursued by an ever-growing posse of food items that cry, "Stop that pickle!" Then, colliding with a hungry little boy, the pickle faces his moment of destiny. Luckily, the boy eats the pickle's pursuers and, unlike his less fortunate Gingerbread cousin, the devilish dill is once again on the lam. The infectious refrain, deadpan humor ("Everyone knows that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is not the fastest sandwich in the world, but it does have great endurance"), and outlandish paintings of anthropomorphized sandwiches, pretzels, and almonds will appeal to youngsters with a taste for the offbeat. Not essential, but an entertaining selection. Elizabeth Bush

So, I guess that the question is:  Will Bob Pickle be spared, or will he be eaten?  And, what will happen to all those others who are running after him?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »

If you want to read part of the book, Google has it here: books.google.com.

What I recall is that the 17 toasted almonds (not in the above preview) came from nobody knew where, all yelling in their high-pitched voices, "Stop that pickle!"

Someone asked me, "Could those almonds be the attorneys?"

My first reaction was, No. There are only five in MN, two in MA, two in IL, and if we count Remnant's attorney who apparently parroted Simpson's lie that the Remnant documents weren't relevant, one in MI. That's only 10, not 17.

But then, some of these attorneys may have to get attorneys before it's all over. Doubt their insurance companies will want to hire any of these 10.

On the other hand, maybe some of these lawyers will go pro se. But then someone might be tempted to say, "Your honor, we're trying to work with the defendants despite their being pro se ...."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »

Bob, you're too funny!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »

:ROFL: I love them!

Larry: "I'm not a pickle, I'm a cucumber!"
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:34:21 AM »

Exhausting humor!
Pages: [1]   Go Up