Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A cult within Adventism?  (Read 33419 times)

Rrrapido

A cult within Adventism?
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:11:10 PM »

Could 3ABN be a cult within the SDA church?

With the leadership of 3ABN insisting on absolute submission of 3ABN employees to their operating decisions and with some within the 3ABN leadership making claims that Danny Shelton's judgement is divinely guided and not to be questioned, it would make any curious onlooker begin to wonder.

What are some of your thoughts???

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: A cult within Adventism?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »

Absolutely!! That is why I call it the Shelton Regime.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:15:50 PM »

It wouldn't be the first time a cult has sprung up in our church, and the earmarks of a cult are there, as evidenced even by some of our valued members here on AT.  ;)

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »

Hmm, The SDA Church should have stood up before when they had the chance it seems but they haven't yet.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »

Until SDAs come out of the "cult" sectionin way too many bookstores, we are going to have to make that a cult within a cult.....which is just plain scary!  Ok?! 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:08:25 AM »

I'm sure Jim Gilley is wishing he had never got involved with these criminals.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »

I'm sure Jim Gilley is wishing he had never got involved with these criminals.

He is probably sweating bullets about now.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »

Why would Jiim Gilley be sweating bullets?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

horsethief

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »

It's guilt by association. He knew what was happening.

horsethief

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »

I personally don't care what happens to 3ABN after this. It doesn't matter because they do not speak for neither do they represent the beliefs of the SDA church. The church has never condoned child molestation or insisted that divorce and remarriage can be sought for 'spiritual adultery'.

Hope channel and LLBN represent our church far better than 3ABN ever could.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »

I am not a defender whats so ever on what the leadership of 3abn has done. and I do not like being associated with those all the evil saga's behind the scenes and their way of taking in the money and misuse. Who knows what all has transpired under this false leadership. But.....some of the programs with some of the evangelists are much better then watching "Hope Channel". Whether you think so or not it is the most tearing down of foundations of SDA that I can even imagine. No it is not the best place to go for true Adventism. I don't know your age or your preferences but I am watching SDA and Hope going against much of what is our first foundations. They are going for the different and new age era. That is why I get so angry at our best evangelist "mingling" with 3abn. I watched nothing but good preaching from the evangelists that I am very familiar with. The rest got switched. I am hoping something can be done to change all personell and the church have legitimate name instead of this bogus stuff. Or is this  quite some upfront shield that SDA cannot get sued like other denominations for harbouring such ill fated situations?? Wouldn't surprise me a bit with what I know about how some scheme claiming to be SDA and the very best in the art of business take overs and manuvering intentions using loops to their best advantage for unsuspecting victims.

horsethief

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »

Great preachers? How great are they when they know of how Danny's abused his position, his employees, and his wife, yet they don't tell him that he's in error because he doesn't know the scriptures or the power of God?

I tell you why they don't confront him. Because they know they will not get the TV exposure that they crave if they ruffle him.

How great are these preachers if they have no backbone?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »

Agreed, horsethief.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

horsethief

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »

Doug Batchelor. Kenneth Cox. Steve Wohlberg. What good are they as evangelists when they knowingly ignore sin and cannot call it by it's right name?

There is no possible way that they could not know about Tommy Shelton's pedophilia and  Danny dumping his wife and remarrying with no Biblical grounds. Furthermore, they cannot deny that they know that Danny is trying to subvert justice in Tommy's situation...

Still they appear regularly on 3ABN and these aren't reruns either. I'm not lumping them into Danny's circle of co-conspirators. But how can they continue any business relations with someone this cruel and so set on ruthless self-promotion?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »

I know your right and really do not have an argument from where you are coming from. I also am very disappointed. I just do not know what is worse. The hidden sin or the open. I feel very frustrated over it and finally my husband and I try to do things on individual basis to people to spread the word of all that come in contact. I just wish so much it wasn't this way, but It rings clear of how Adventist in the end will become just what is happening. The time must be near. But I also realize that someone has to stand for the right and still back the ones that have fought this horrific World wide embarrassment. I do believe it is going to get worse for this corruption. The Lord does not take all this lightly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up