Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pipim  (Read 16194 times)

Johann

Pipim
« on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »

He raped the girl:

Pipim Sexual Abuse Victim: The Story from a First-person Observer
Submitted: Jun 7, 2012
By Loren Seibold

A year ago Dr. Samuel Korangteng Pipim admitted to sexual misconduct while traveling in Africa. Dr. Pipim is well known as the author of a number of books against the ordination of women pastors in the Seventh-day Adventist Church and accusing some of the top theologians in the denomination of heresy in their interpretation of Scripture. He was an ordained minister and employed as director of campus ministry by the Michigan Conference. He resigned from denominational employment, turned in his ministerial credentials and ended his membership in the Church.

More:

http://www.atoday.org/article/1221/news/june-headlines/pipim-sexual-abuse-victim-the-story-from-a-first-person-observer

scratsmom

Re: Pipim
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »

Amazing plea for repentance from a therapist who knows Pipim, sent to him back in January, which he seemingly pushed aside:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/96345904/Letter-to-Pipim-From-Nicole-Parker

A few days before his scheduled rebaptism, another victim comes forward (possible due to the bravery of the first victim?) and Pipim admits it. Baptism is canceled.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/96482422/Velez-s-Letter

Johann

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »

My response to a request for signing a petition against the ordination of women:

I realize you mean it well, but I beg to disagree sincerely with your biased interpretation of Scripture, regardless of how long it has been going on. Especially in the light of the recent happenings with Samuel Koranteng Pipim's disgracing our Church, because he has been in the front line of those diminishing the role of women, I find it inappropriate and disgraceful that you should present this request just now.
Let us present Jesus Christ to the World, without so entangling our preaching with moral infidelity. That leaves a wrong impression of the Glorious Gospel and Advent Message.

Thank you for taking this into your consideration!

Johann

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »

Defending his actions as a minor incident in comparison with all the good he has done, Pipim now in his own forum suggests that it could be a benefit to the church (paraphrased).

I might agree with him on that last part: Now we know that by following Pipim in his fight against the the ordination of women, due to their inferior design, we are making the church a safer haven for rapists and perverts.

Sauliga

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »

Hi Johann

Is it really that Dr Pipim's fight against the ordination of women is because of their inferior design? Have you
misconstrued his statement? I wonder why the conference allowed this notion to continue when it is not theologically sound.
On the other side of the fence with all fairness, would the fight against ordination of women prevent the atmosphere of bearing false witness (in todays language gossip,rumour-mill, rumour-monger, scandalmonger etc etc.)

Johann

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »

"Inferior design" is my own phrase where I try to describe the picture I see from their definition of the role of women where she eventually becomes a plaything unfit for a call to minister.

christian

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »

"Inferior design" is my own phrase where I try to describe the picture I see from their definition of the role of women where she eventually becomes a plaything unfit for a call to minister.
Johann while I don't want to paint all Africans in the same light I can tell you that culturally their view of women is different from that of European or American. I have been to Africa many times and culturally and socially women are viewed in a lower state and position in relation to men. Many of the African countries practiced polygamy in the recent past and in some countries it is still leagal. The previous statement was not stated to offend or belittle anyone but only to state a fact. But the fact that a man fails in his relationship and responsibility does not retract from the truth or lessen a true statement. When any of the prophet or leaders failed in their own personal lives it never diminished the truth one iota. So the fact that Pipim was opposed to women ordination and was caught in sin does not diminish the argument for those who oppose women ordination.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:29:22 AM by christian »

Johann

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 03:39:25 AM »

As I stated elsewhere, those who oppose the ordination of women are at a great advantage because they are following the dictates of fallen Christianity. It may give you an advantage when those great churches who oppose the ordination  of women start persecuting you for keeping the Sabbath.

Johann

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »

1 Corinthians 5:9-12 New International Version (NIV)

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Did you notice how smart Pipim is? He knows how to use the Bible. When he gets caught he withdraws his membership from the church because then he can claim that the church has no authority to judge him for his behavior. When he is re-baptized all of his former life is forgiven and he can start a new life. So in theory this could go on several times.

Johann

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 05:02:58 AM »

Have been reading Batchelor who leans on Darmsteegt, and Darmsteegt refers to Pipim as a source. When I compare the writings of these great men among us, and also the latest from Pipim, then it seem to me like their combined works conclude that:

Ordaining a woman is a much greater sin than having illicit sex with, or even raping the woman. There are no great possibilities of redemption in case a woman is ordained, while the other offenses ere explainable and easily forgivable in case you get caught.

Is this the policy we want for our church? Could the ordination of some women be like a shield of protection to prevent men from downgrading womanhood?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »

Johann,

Unless you can quote comments from Damsteegt and Batchelor regarding Pipim's sin, your statements and comparison are unwarranted.

Johann

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »

Johann,

Unless you can quote comments from Damsteegt and Batchelor regarding Pipim's sin, your statements and comparison are unwarranted.

Please read what I wrote and comment on that, not on what I did not write.You have it turned upside down. I never said that Batchelor nor Damsteegt wrote a comment on Pipim's sin.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Johann,

Please read what I wrote and comment on that, not on what I did not write.You have it turned upside down. I never said that Batchelor nor Damsteegt wrote a comment on Pipim's sin.

Then your comments are definitely unwarranted.

You plainly said that based on Damsteegt's and Batchelor's writings, ordaining a woman is a worse sin than rape. But if Damsteegt and Batchelor haven't written anything to that effect, then you are putting words into their mouths. The problem in your mind is that they cited Pipim's writings, or other people's writings that Pipim edited. But when did they cite such? Before they knew of the allegations against Pipim, or after?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »

Bob said to Johann:
You plainly said that based on Damsteegt's and Batchelor's writings, ordaining a woman is a worse sin than rape.

Bob, you are incorrect.  Johann did not say that let alone plainly say that.  Here is what Johann said:
. . . it seem to me like their combined works conclude that:

Ordaining a woman is a much greater sin than having illicit sex with, or even raping the woman. There are no great possibilities of redemption in case a woman is ordained, while the other offenses ere explainable and easily forgivable in case you get caught.

1st of all, he clearly stated that "it seems to me."  IOW, he was stateing it as a personal opinion.  He was not stating it as a quoted fact.
2nd he stated: "their combined works conclude that".  Again, this was immediately following his stated "it seems to m", which was clearly a personal opinion.

You would be entirely within your rights to express an opinion as sto whether or not Johann was justified in the opinion that he has.  It could be a subject for debate as sto w hether or not Johann was correct in his opinion.

But, if when you said:  "Then your comments are definitely unwarranted." you menat to imply that Johann should not express an opinion, you are wrong.  In any discussion, it is appropriate to express an opinion, which is identified as such, either explicity kr implicity, and then can become a point to debate.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:01:21 AM by Gregory »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 04:42:54 AM »

Gregory,

I cannot see how your quotations disprove what I said.

Sure, everyone is free to have an opinion, even unwarranted opinions. And my opinion is that Johann's comments were over the top.

If anyone is free to express any and every opinion, then we wouldn't have moderators editing some comments.

Suggesting that Damsteegt's and Batchelor's writings portray that rape is much less of a sin than ordaining a woman is unwarranted and over the top. And if you or Johann think otherwise, then please quote for us here from Damsteegt and Batchelor passages that even remotely can be interpreted to support such a position.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up