Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims  (Read 63157 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 03:17:39 AM »

I am not saying that you cannot determine good from evil.  I am saying that it is not Bob's place to start a thread to call anyone to redemption or repentence.  This apparently is not going to happen, as they are maintaining TS innocence.  They are not going to apologize or show support to the victims as long as they maintain there are no victims.  They still are talking about Duane being a consenting adult.  We have at least5 threads telling them how wrong they are, while they still maintain that innocence.  It is wrong there are no if, and or buts about it.  That is also why the supporters are sticking to their guns on this.  They even know the acts TS committed are atrocioius.  So much so, they live in denial of him committing such acts.  So what is the point of providing a place for them to do something they ahve no intention of doing, but to make one more dig into DS. 

Reaching the conscience, and encouarging repentance is the work of the Holy Spirit, mainly because only God knows the mind/motives.  We can't reach them becasue we can only judge their actions, not their hearts.  "Man looks on the outward appearance,but the Lord looks on the heart".  I know that you all don't want to hear this, but TS did not becomeas abuser all by himself, because he is some kind of sick monster. Odds are that he himself was also molested as a child, a victim himself.  Hurting people, hurt others.  The abused can often abuse others, if they don't get the help they need.

Thank you George. 

Here's the thing, Di. This may sound cold, but I really DON'T CARE if Tommy was abused a a child. I was abused as a young adult, Alex was abused as a child as was the other victim in VA. We're not going around abusing others. Prior abuse is no excuse, it's a cop out used by people who care about no one but themselves.
:goodpost:
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Pat Williams

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:46:16 AM »

You are incorrect. There are allegations of TS committing sexual acts against young males on 3ABN grounds.

Duane I remember that you claimed you met TS on the 3abn grounds, but I am speaking about child molestation allegations here.You don't like having it pointed out that you were 19, and not a child, and drove yourself to meet him, yet you always come interjecting yourself into discussions about child molestation, causing confusion and that is what makes that necessary.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 04:43:31 AM »

You are incorrect. There are allegations of TS committing sexual acts against young males on 3ABN grounds.

Duane I remember that you claimed you met TS on the 3abn grounds, but I am speaking about child molestation allegations here.You don't like having it pointed out that you were 19, and not a child, and drove yourself to meet him, yet you always come interjecting yourself into discussions about child molestation, causing confusion and that is what makes that necessary.
I'm not talking about myself, you meddling busybody.

And for the record, it was ME who first stated I was 19 and drove myself to meet him, so your attack on me is irrelevant. It looks to me like it's YOU who keeps interjecting themselves into discussions. I'm not going anywhere, so you may as well get used to that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:47:24 AM by ex3abnemployee »
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Pat Williams

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »

False. The current case against pedophile Tommy Shelton involves a victim's accusations which Glenn Dryden announced toward the end of 2006. I published that announcement, and Danny Shelton threatened to sue. When Danny did sue, 3ABN joined Danny as a co-plaintiff.

So help me understand what you are talking about, Bob.  ARe you saying that the information you posted regarding those victims was part of the law suit?  

He claims it is, but the truth is no, it wasn't and isn't part of the lawsuit.

Pat, I have to agree with Bob.....to a point......the fact that TS was allowed to work at 3ABN, with children, is inexcusable.  Even though there were no charges made by no law enforcement authorities, the family, at least DS knew better, and should not have taken upon himself to make the decision to exposed those children WITHOUT the knowledge of their parents.

princessdi, I understand what you are saying, but the Truth is TS did not work with children, he did not work with young underage boys. He was working in the tape archives at 3abn when Pastor Glenn Dryden sent his letter to 3abn in 2003. Dryden was under the impression that 3abn had hired TS to minister to others, but they had not. He never had a job like that at 3abn. As you said, at that time there were no charges, no reports filed, nothing, but that doesn't mean they were stupid, or that TS was. He had a shadow hanging over his head.To be above reproach and avoid the appearance of evil, and provide no opportunity for anything untoward, or blame, he was never given  never worked with children, or was in any way alone with them. The only time he was around children was when he played the piano on the set of kids time, but that was always with all of the set and crew and parents present. He was always in plain sight of all. He played , then he left.

Bob keeps acting like he should have been treated as a registered sex offender, but he wasn't a registered sex offender. There were in fact no reports or complaints filed against him, but that doesn't mean precautions weren't taken.

My point here in speaking here, is that Bob wants to use all the allegations against Tommy and hold DS and 3ABN accountable. He wants to blame them. But if anyone is to blame corporately, or if anyone can be sued here, it would need to be the Church of God where the alleged incidents took place. That is where Tommy was Pastor, and that is where he was the Principal of the school.

Unfortunately whenever one of us in attempting to defend 3abn,  points any of this out or tries to make it known, we  get whacked over the head with the "You're defending a child molestor" club, or have the "you're victimizing the victims" whip is cracked across our back.  It gets old.

My point is the current case, in addition to all of the other allegations against Tommy Shelton have nothing to do with 3ABN. They weren't even part of the lawsuit although Bob has tried very hard to make it part of the lawsuit with his convoluted arguments, and attempted filings. All anyone has to do is read the complaint 3abn filed against Pickle and Joy to see that.  

I hope this explanation helps some. :)

edit- quote box
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:03:42 AM by Pat Williams »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 04:57:14 AM »

princessdi, I understand what you are saying, but the Truth is TS did not work with children, he did not work with young underage boys. He was working in the tape archives at 3abn when Pastor Glenn Dryden sent his letter to 3abn in 2003. Dryden was under the impression that 3abn had hired TS to minister to others, but they had not. He never had a job like that at 3abn. As you said, at that time there were no charges, no reports filed, nothing, but that doesn't mean they were stupid, or that TS was. He had a shadow hanging over his head.To be above reproach and avoid the appearance of evil, and provide no opportunity for anything untoward, or blame, he was never given  never worked with children, or was in any way alone with them. The only time he was around children was when he played the piano on the set of kids time, but that was always with all of the set and crew and parents present. He was always in plain sight of all. He played , then he left.
The ONLY way you can know that is if you were personally there for EVERY taping of Kids Time. Were you?
Duane Clem

Pat Williams

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:26 AM »

The ONLY way you can know that is if you were personally there for EVERY taping of Kids Time. Were you?

There is no need for hostilty. No, I was not there every time, but others were, and can testify about that if it is ever needed.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 05:12:27 AM »

False. The current case against pedophile Tommy Shelton involves a victim's accusations which Glenn Dryden announced toward the end of 2006. I published that announcement, and Danny Shelton threatened to sue. When Danny did sue, 3ABN joined Danny as a co-plaintiff.

So help me understand what you are talking about, Bob.  ARe you saying that the information you posted regarding those victims was part of the law suit?  

Pat, I have to agree with Bob.....to a point......the fact that TS was allowed to work at 3ABN, with children, is inexcusable.  Even though there were no charges made by no law enforcement authorities, the family, at least DS knew better, and should not have taken upon himself to make the decision to exposed those children WITHOUT the knowledge of their parents.

Bob keeps acting like he should have been treated as a registered sex offender, but he wasn't a registered sex offender. There were in fact no reports or complaints filed against him, but that doesn't mean precautions weren't taken.

My point here in speaking here, is that Bob wants to use all the allegations against Tommy and hold DS and 3ABN accountable. He wants to blame them. But if anyone is to blame corporately, or if anyone can be sued here, it would need to be the Church of God where the alleged incidents took place. That is where Tommy was Pastor, and that is where he was the Principal of the school.

Unfortunately whenever one of us in attempting to defend 3abn,  points any of this out or tries to make it known, we  get whacked over the head with the "You're defending a child molestor" club, or have the "you're victimizing the victims" whip is cracked across our back.  It gets old.

My point is the current case, in addition to all of the other allegations against Tommy Shelton have nothing to do with 3ABN. They weren't even part of the lawsuit although Bob has tried very hard to make it part of the lawsuit with his convoluted arguments, and attempted filings. All anyone has to do is read the complaint 3abn filed against Pickle and Joy to see that.  

I hope this explanation helps some. :)

edit- quote box

This is somewhere where I believe we do agree. The church should be held accountable for allowing this. I find it hard to believe that the church of God in VA, was not aware of allegations against Tommy. If they indeed did, they need to be held accountable.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:20:13 AM by Adam »
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 05:29:53 AM »

There is no need for hostilty. No, I was not there every time, but others were, and can testify about that if it is ever needed.

You must be closer then a bed bug. What makes you believe that a pedophile does anything around visibility of others, they wait until in the dark closet  and nothing seen. You been in the closet to Know he sits in there doing nothing???

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:55 AM »

I am not saying that you cannot determine good from evil.  I am saying that it is not Bob's place to start a thread to call anyone to redemption or repentence.

I did not start this thread for that purpose.

However, it is our responsibility to call people to redemption and repentance. That's what evangelism is all about. And 3ABN should not stop doing so.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 06:18:29 AM »

Simpson claimed it was too. Duffy's cease and desist letter only referenced Tommy-related topics.

Explain what Mollie's and Ewing's affidavits mean if they aren't referring to our releases on Tommy.

As you said, at that time there were no charges, no reports filed, nothing, but that doesn't mean they were stupid, or that TS was. He had a shadow hanging over his head.To be above reproach and avoid the appearance of evil, and provide no opportunity for anything untoward, or blame, he was never given  never worked with children, or was in any way alone with them.

Why weren't Pastor Lomacang and Principal O'Brien told that there was a pedophile, a sexual predator on campus?

Don't ignore my point. Address it. What did Mollie and Ewing's affidavits mean? Were we sued over a decline in donations in 2006 or not? If we were sued for a decline in donations in 2006, what caused that decline?

But there are other ways that Tommy is involved in the lawsuit. Go to http://www.save-3abn.com/3abn-and-danny-v-joy-and-pickle-complaint.htm:

¶ 46 The check(s) that were sent to Tommy could have had something to do with buying the silence of victim(s).

¶ 48(a) Why else would a pedophile replace an alleged adulteress?

¶ 48(c) The hiring of Tommy, and Walt's failure to properly investigate the allegations, fall under here.

¶ 48(d) & ¶ 50(b) ASI was supposed to investigate the Tommy allegations, but Danny and 3ABn refused to allow that.

¶ 50 The replacing of Linda with a known pedophile shows that Danny did not divorce Linda over adultery.

¶¶ 46, 48, 50: The paragraphs all use the word inter alia which means that there are other allegations in the lawsuit in these categories that are not listed in the complaint. And Tommy fits.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 07:02:31 AM »

I'm not "being hostile", I'm asking a question. So, since you weren't there every time, you DON'T know if he was ever along with children, do you? You're depending on hearsay. I thought your bunch hated hearsay.
Duane Clem

Pat Williams

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 08:11:05 AM »

I'm not "being hostile",

I was referring to your constant name calling, such as "coward" "meddling busybody" and your posts consisting of one line insults, etc. It's not necessary in my view, and it sounds hostile to me. It's also reminiscent of a pesky fly who just keeps circling and landing.

I'm asking a question. So, since you weren't there every time, you DON'T know if he was ever along with children, do you? You're depending on hearsay. I thought your bunch hated hearsay.

Duane you have intelligence so I am sure you understand that the 3abn production crew and Kid's time Staff who were always present when Tommy came to play the piano, and then left, are what is called first person witnesses.  

My testimony here is hearsay as you are getting it secondhand. My testimony would not be allowed in court. Their testimony is not hearsay and would be allowed in court if needed, and that is what I said.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:16:56 AM by Pat Williams »

Pat Williams

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 08:35:49 AM »

Don't ignore my point. Address it. What did Mollie and Ewing's affidavits mean? Were we sued over a decline in donations in 2006 or not? If we were sued for a decline in donations in 2006, what caused that decline?

Bossy bossy.. Their affidavits mean what they say. The don't mention TS or your allegations against him.. It's you who keeps trying to make the affidavits about that.

But there are other ways that Tommy is involved in the lawsuit. Go to http://www.save-3abn.com/3abn-and-danny-v-joy-and-pickle-complaint.htm:

¶ 46 The check(s) that were sent to Tommy could have had something to do with buying the silence of victim(s).

¶ 48(c) The hiring of Tommy, and Walt's failure to properly investigate the allegations, fall under here.

¶ 48(d) & ¶ 50(b) ASI was supposed to investigate the Tommy allegations, but Danny and 3ABn refused to allow that.

¶ 50 The replacing of Linda with a known pedophile shows that Danny did not divorce Linda over adultery.

Pickle you are quoting yourself here. Just because you said this doesn't mean the lawsuit was about this. This is just what I was explaining:
My point is the current case, in addition to all of the other allegations against Tommy Shelton have nothing to do with 3ABN. They weren't even part of the lawsuit although Bob has tried very hard to make it part of the lawsuit with his convoluted arguments, and attempted filings. All anyone has to do is read the complaint 3abn filed against Pickle and Joy to see that

So here is the actual complaint 3ABN filed against you and Joy. Here is what you were replying to above. Intelligent folks can see it doesn't mention TS or any allegations against TS as the lawsuit wasn't about that.

Defendants' Untrue Statements

Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have published numerous untrue statements that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton have committed financial improprieties with donated ministry funds. Among those untrue statements made by Joy and Pickle are, inter alia, that:

a.

For the last several years, the international television ministry known as Three Angels' Broadcasting Network (3ABN) has found itself beset by a growing number of moral, ethical, and financial allegations. Despite the serious nature of these allegations, repeated calls for investigation, reform, and accountability have gone unheeded by its officers and directors.
     b.

Danny Shelton purchased a 3-year-old van using 3ABN funds, then sold the van to a member of his family for just $10.00.
     c.

Danny Shelton purchased new furniture with 3ABN funds, put the new furniture in his residence, and put the old furniture from his residence on the 3ABN television set.
     d.

Danny Shelton used 3ABN funds to purchase used furniture from his sister, Tammy Chance, at nearly new prices (enabling Ms. Chance to buy brand new furniture for her home), for use in a 3ABN guest house, but, instead of putting the used furniture in the 3ABN guest house, Mr. Shelton gave the furniture to yet another family member and used 3ABN funds to purchase brand new furniture for the guest house.
     e.

The 3ABN Board of Directors has failed in its responsibility to oversee and manage 3ABN's financial assets.

[page 13]
     f.

Danny Shelton laundered money through 3ABN donations to Cherie Peters, in order to make payments that had been expressly prohibited by the 3ABN Board of directors.
     g.

3ABN Board members have personally enriched themselves as officers and directors of 3ABN in violation of the Internal Revenue Code.
     h.

Danny Shelton wrongfully withheld book royalties from 3ABN and refused to disclose those royalties in proceedings before a court of law related to the distribution of marital assets.
     i.

Danny Shelton has directed 3ABN Chief Financial Officer Larry Ewing to not answer questions concerning Danny Shelton's personal finances, expenses, bonuses or book royalties in a Family Court proceeding, which was initiated by Linda Shelton regarding division of marital assets and that Mr. Ewing has complied and refused to answer questions posed to him by the Court.
     j.

Danny Shelton has used the 3ABN corporate plane for personal uses.
     k.

Danny Shelton spent $600,000 of 3ABN funds for radio station WDQN without Board approval and paid in excess of its fair market value, which was only $250,000.

Each and every one of the statements set forth above is false and Defendants published them with malice, either knowing them to be false or with wanton and reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statements.

Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have published numerous untrue statements that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton have committed administrative and operational improprieties at 3ABN and that the organization is not properly or competently managed by its

[page 14]

managers, officers, and directors. Among those untrue statements made by Defendants are, inter alia, that:

a.

3ABN engages in nepotism in the hiring and firing of staff.
     b.

3ABN violated the Federal Equal Opportunity Act by taking adverse employment actions against two whistle-blower employees of 3ABN's Trust Services division.
     c.

The 3ABN Board of Directors has failed in its responsibility to oversee the governance and administration of the organization.
     d.

Danny Shelton and 3ABN would not permit an ecumenical Seventh-Day Adventist-related, fact-finding tribunal proposed and directed by Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries ("ASI") to investigate all allegations related to the ministry and confined the tribunal to only those allegations involving Linda Shelton's removal and the Shelton's' divorce.

Each and every one of the statements set forth above is false and Defendants published them with malice, either knowing them to be false or with wanton and reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statements.

Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have made numerous published untrue statements that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton acted without grounds in removing Linda Shelton from the 3ABN Board of Directors, that Danny Shelton had no grounds for divorcing Linda Shelton, that 3ABN and Danny Shelton conspired to hide evidence and information concerning the removal and divorce, and that 3ABN and Danny Shelton have lied and made otherwise purposeful misstatements concerning the Shelton's' divorce and Danny Shelton's remarriage. Among those untrue statements made by Defendants are, inter alia, that:

[page 15]
     a.

Danny Shelton and ASI conspired to exclude Gailon Joy from participating in a fact-finding tribunal regarding Linda Shelton's divorce and removal from 3ABN.
     b.

Danny Shelton and ASI conspired to prevent various allegations and issues from being included in the fact-finding tribunal.
     c.

It was Danny Shelton that participated in an extra-marital affair by becoming "involved" in "after hours activities" with 3ABN employee Brenda Walsh.
     d.

During his marriage to Linda Shelton, Danny Shelton had several inappropriate extra-marital relationships, of which 3ABN staff and board members were aware.
     e.

Danny Shelton was preparing to divorce Linda Shelton beginning in 2003.
     f.

Danny Shelton conducted an inappropriate relationship with from August 2004 until they were married in 2006, and 3ABN's officers and directors were aware of the relationship.
     g.

Danny Shelton lied by claiming to have joint title with Linda Shelton to a Toyota Sequoia automobile.
     h.

The 3ABN board of directors had no authority to authorize Danny Shelton's adulterous marriage or to allow his continued employment by and direction of 3ABN.
     i.

Danny Shelton perjured himself through the course of court proceedings relating to his divorce from Linda Shelton.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:40:25 AM by Pat Williams »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »

Bossy bossy.. Their affidavits mean what they say. The don't mention TS or your allegations against him.. It's you who keeps trying to make the affidavits about that.

You're still ignoring the point. Address it: If we were sued for a decline in donations in 2006, what caused that decline?

As far as your copy and paste of part of the complaint goes, you've proved my point:

1. The paragraphs I cited use the term inter alia just like I said they do.

2. Sending $10,000 love gifts to Tommy Shelton was a financial impropriety, covered under ¶ 46.

3. Danny hired known pedophile and sexual predator Tommy Shelton because of nepotism, which topic is addressed in ¶ 48(a).

4. The 3ABN Board failed to oversee 3ABN's governance and administration when it allowed Danny to hire a known pedophile, when Walt failed to properly investigate the allegations, and when the board authorized a frivolous and malicious suit against us, which Danny was using to retaliate against us for blowing the whistle, all falling under ¶ 48(c).

5. The Tommy allegations were one of the issues that GC employees believed ASI was going to investigate, and which I personally corresponded with Harold Lance and Danny about. Danny, 3ABN, and Harold Lance refused to allow those allegations to be investigated, a fact referred to under ¶ 48(d) & ¶ 50(b).

6. ¶ 50 refers to why Danny divorced Linda. Did he have biblical grounds? Hal Steenson proved he did by saying that Danny divorced Linda. But that doesn't cut it, since Danny replaced Linda with a known pedophile and sexual predator. Therefore, the mere fact that Danny knows what biblical grounds for divorce are, and that he divorced Linda, is insufficient to prove that he divorced her for that reason.

I suppose you prefer to call Attorney Gregory Simpson a liar when he said that our reports of Danny's cover up of the Tommy allegations is part of what framed the original basis for the lawsuit against us.

Pat Williams

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »

¶¶ 46, 48, 50: The paragraphs all use the word inter alia which means that there are other allegations in the lawsuit in these categories that are not listed in the complaint. And Tommy fits.

O for pete's sake Robert Pickle. I just looked at your link, and it has nothing to do with what you just posted above. In fact, what looks to be answers to the complaint filed by 3ABN against you and Joy as you just wrote them with your could be's and maybe's , were not ever even given in your reply to the complaint. (Your answers to the numbered items you are referencing as filed by you and Joy are below.)  The Johnny come lately arguments you just made are deceptive in my view, and only good for one thing. (flush..)

Defendants’ Untrue Statements
 Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have published numerous untrue statements
that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton have committed financial improprieties with
donated ministry funds. Among those untrue statements made by Joy and Pickle are,
inter alia, that:

Answer of Defendants to 46: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the statements published are untrue, that the defendants knew them to be untrue. The defendants assert that they properly researched each such statement now challenged and that the factually challenged statements, or unresponsive statements of the plaintiffs constitute an absolute defense in fact against the presumption of wanton and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the claims. Therefore denied.

a. For the last several years, the international television ministry
known as Three Angels’ Broadcasting Network (3ABN) has found itself beset by a
growing number of moral, ethical, and financial allegations. Despite the serious nature of
these allegations, repeated calls for investigation, reform, and accountability have gone
unheeded by its officers and directors.

Answer of Defendants to 46a:Admitted that the ministry is best by allegations. Plaintiff is
left to their proof that any allegation has been properly acted upon by its officers or board
of directors. Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a restatement of a protected
source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been
factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without sufficient evidence upon which to
state a fact based response and request the right to supplement their response upon
completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

b. Danny Shelton purchased a 3-year-old van using 3ABN funds,
then sold the van to a member of his family for just $10.00.

Answer of Defendants to 46b: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a
restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the 26
allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without
sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the right to
supplement their response upon completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

c. Danny Shelton purchased new furniture with 3ABN funds, put the
new furniture in his residence, and put the old furniture from his residence on the 3ABN
television set.

Answer of Defendants to 46c: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a
restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the
allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without
sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the right to

d. Danny Shelton used 3ABN funds to purchase used furniture from
his sister, Tammy Chance, at nearly new prices (enabling Ms. Chance to buy brand new
furniture for her home), for use in a 3ABN guest house, but, instead of putting the used
furniture in the 3ABN guest house, Mr. Shelton gave the furniture to yet another family
member and used 3ABN funds to purchase brand new furniture for the guest house.

Answer of d Defendants to 46d: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a
restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the

e. The 3ABN Board of Directors has failed in its responsibility to oversee and manage 3ABN’s financial assets.

Answer of Defendants to 46e: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

f. Danny Shelton laundered money through 3ABN donations to
Cherie Peters, in order to make payments that had been expressly prohibited by the
3ABN Board of directors.

Answer of Defendants to 46f: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

g. 3ABN Board members have personally enriched themselves as
officers and directors of 3ABN in violation of the Internal Revenue Code.

Answer of Defendants to 46g: Defendants do not recall an allegation that Board
Members, other than the President, Danny Lee Shelton, have enriched themselves. If it
did then it would be that Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the right to supplement their response upon completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

h. Danny Shelton wrongfully withheld book royalties from 3ABN
and refused to disclose those royalties in proceedings before a court of law related to the
distribution of marital assets.

Answer of Defendants to 46h: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a
Answer of Defendant Pickle to 46h: Defendant Pickle is unaware of any books that
3ABN has written. Therefore denied.

i. Danny Shelton has directed 3ABN Chief Financial Officer Larry Ewing to not answer questions concerning Danny Shelton’s personal finances, expenses, bonuses or book royalties in a Family Court proceeding, which was initiated by Linda Shelton regarding division of marital assets and that Mr. Ewing has complied and refused to answer questions posed to him by the Court.

Answer of Defendants to 46i:Defendants do not recall an allegation that Mr Ewing was
posed questions by a court. Otherwise, Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

j. Danny Shelton has used the 3ABN corporate plane for personal
uses.

Answer of Defendants to 46j: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

k. Danny Shelton spent $600,000 of 3ABN funds for radio station WDQN without Board approval and paid in excess of its fair market value, which was only $250,000.

Answer of Defendants to 46k: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

47. Each and every one of the statements set forth above is false and Defendants published them with malice, either knowing them to be false or with wanton
and reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statements.

Answer of Defendants to 47: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the statements published are untrue, that the defendants knew them to be untrue. Therefore the defendants assert that that the factually challenged statements, or unresponsive statements of the plaintiffs. constitute an absolute defense in fact against the presumption of wanton and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the claims. Therefore denied.

48. Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have published numerous untrue statements
that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton have committed administrative and
operational improprieties at 3ABN and that the organization is not properly or
competently managed by its managers, officers, and directors. Among those untrue
statements made by Defendants are, inter alia, that:

Answer of Defendants to 48: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the statements published are untrue, that the defendants knew them to be untrue. Therefore the defendants assert that that the factually challenged statements, or unresponsive statements of the plaintiffs. constitute an absolute defense in fact against the presumption of wanton and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the claims. Therefore denied.

a. 3ABN engages in nepotism in the hiring and firing of staff.

Answer of Defendants to 48a: If the allegation has been made, Defendants are publishing
an allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been
unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants
are without sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the
right to supplement their response upon completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

b. 3ABN violated the Federal Equal Opportunity Act by taking
adverse employment actions against two whistle-blower employees of 3ABN’s Trust
Services division.

Answer of Defendants to 48b: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

c. The 3ABN Board of Directors has failed in its responsibility to
oversee the governance and administration of the organization.

Answer of Defendants to 48c: If the allegation has been made, Defendants are publishing
an allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been
unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants
are without sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the
right to supplement their response upon completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

d. Danny Shelton and 3ABN would not permit an ecumenical
Seventh-Day Adventist-related, fact-finding tribunal proposed and directed by Adventistlaymen’s Services and Industries (“ASI”) to investigate all allegations related to the ministry and confined the tribunal to only those allegations involving Linda Shelton’s
removal and the Shelton’s’ divorce.

Answer of Defendants to 48d: Defendants note that the terms "ecumenical" and
"Seventh-day Adventism" are mutually inconsistent, the first not being a part of the tenets of the second, therefore any allegation contained in the statement is denied. However, if such an allegation was actually made, Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without sufficient evidence upon which to state a fact based response and request the right to supplement their response upon completion of discovery. Therefore denied.

48. Each and every one of the statements set forth above is false and Defendants published them with malice, either knowing them to be false or with wanton

Answer of Defendants to 49: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the allegations are false,
that the defendants knew they were false and therefore represent wanton and disregard
for the truth or falsity. Therefore, denied by the defendants.

49. Gailon Joy and Robert Pickle have made numerous published untrue
statements that 3ABN and its President Danny Shelton acted without grounds in
removing Linda Shelton from the 3ABN Board of Directors, that Danny Shelton had no
grounds for divorcing Linda Shelton, that 3ABN and Danny Shelton conspired to hide
evidence and information concerning the removal and divorce, and that 3ABN and
Danny Shelton have lied and made otherwise purposeful misstatements concerning the
Shelton’s’ divorce and Danny Shelton’s remarriage. Among those untrue statements
made by Defendants are, inter alia, that:

Answer of Defendants to 49: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the statements published are untrue, that the defendants knew them to be untrue. Therefore the defendants assert that that the factually challenged statements, or unresponsive statements of the plaintiffs. constitute an absolute defense in fact against the presumption of wanton and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the claims. Therefore denied..

a. Danny Shelton and ASI conspired to exclude Gailon Joy from participating in a
fact-finding tribunal regarding Linda Shelton’s divorce and removal from 3ABN.

Answer of Defendants to 49a: Admitted inasmuch as Defendants are publishing an
allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been

b. Danny Shelton and ASI conspired to prevent various allegations and issues from
being included in the fact-finding tribunal.

Answer of Defendants to 49b: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

c. It was Danny Shelton that participated in an extra-marital affair by becoming
“involved” in “after hours activities” with 3ABN employee Brenda Walsh.

Answer of Defendants to 49c: Defendants do not recall such a specific allegation but
inasmuch as it is believed to be inferred, Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

d. During his marriage to Linda Shelton, Danny Shelton had several inappropriate
extra-marital relationships, of which 3ABN staff and board members were aware.

Answer of Defendants to 49d: Defendants do not recall alleging several extra-marital
relationships, and in particular not in any publication such as alleged by Plaintiffs, but
inasmuch as plaintiffs believe it is inferred, Defendants are publishing an allegation that
is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without

a. Danny Shelton was preparing to divorce Linda Shelton beginning
in 2003.

Answer of Defendants to 49e: Defendants do believe that upon a preponderance of the
evidence that was available to the defendants, it be may be inferred, therefore,
Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a restatement of a protected source or
sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually
challenged. Therefore, defendants are without sufficient evidence upon which to state a
fact based response and request the right to supplement their response upon completion
of discovery. Therefore denied.

f. Danny Shelton conducted an inappropriate relationship with from
August 2004 until they were married in 2006, and 3ABN’s officers and directors were
aware of the relationship.

Answer of Defendants to 49f: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

g. Danny Shelton lied by claiming to have joint title with Linda
Shelton to a Toyota Sequoia automobile.

Answer of Defendants to 49g: Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

h.The 3ABN board of directors had no authority to authorize Danny Shelton’s adulterous
marriage or to allow his continued employment by and direction of 3ABN.

Answer of Defendants to 49h: The defendants alleged conclusion relates to ecclesiastical
authority and ecclesiastical foundation. However, Defendants are publishing an allegation
that is a restatement of a protected source or sources. Plaintiffs have been unresponsive to the allegations or have been factually challenged. Therefore, defendants are without

i.Danny Shelton perjured himself through the course of court proceedings relating to his
divorce from Linda Shelton.

Answer of Defendants to 49i:Defendants do not recall such an allegation, but inasmuch
as the plaintiffs feel it is inferred, Defendants are publishing an allegation that is a

50. Each and every one of the statements set forth above is false and
Defendants published them with malice, either knowing them to be false or with wanton

Answer of Defendants to 50: Plaintiffs are left to their proof that the statements published are untrue, that the defendants knew them to be untrue. Therefore the defendants assert that that the factually challenged statements, or unresponsive statements of the plaintiffs constitute an absolute defense in fact against the presumption of wanton and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the claims. Therefore denied.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up