Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims  (Read 63166 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »

Pat,

It would be much better if you would simply address the points I have made rather than ignore them. When a valid point is made, acknowledge it. Otherwise you simply look like a paid spin doctor.

So let's take them one point at a time: Why else would Danny hire someone he knew to be a sexual predator and a pedophile if it weren't for nepotism? This falls under ΒΆ 48(a).

Answer that one and then we'll go on.

Pat Williams

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »

Pat,

It would be much better if you would simply address the points I have made rather than ignore them. When a valid point is made, acknowledge it.

When you do, I will.

laters...

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »

Pat,

It would be much better if you would simply address the points I have made rather than ignore them. When a valid point is made, acknowledge it.

When you do, I will.

I did make a valid point. Why would Danny hire his brother, a known sexual predator and pedophile, and then replace Linda with him, if it wasn't for nepotism?

Pat Williams

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »

Pat,

When you do, I will.

I did make a valid point. Why would Danny hire his brother, a known sexual predator and pedophile, and then replace Linda with him, if it wasn't for nepotism?

No, Bob. Those are called accusations. That question is like me asking: "Have you stopped abusing and browbeating your wife yet? And why would you do that if you weren't such a control freak, Bob?" If I asked you that, you wouldn't say; "Oh that's a valid point, Pat". You'd demand a retraction, an apology, or both.

edit -grammar
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:08:20 PM by Pat Williams »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »

Pat,

When you do, I will.

No, Bob. Those are called accusations. That question is like me asking: "Have you stopped abusing and browbeating your wife yet? And why would you do that if you weren't such a control freak, Bob?" If I asked you that, you wouldn't say; "Oh that's a valid point, Pat". You'd demand a retraction, an apology, or both.

edit -grammar

Then let's take it real slow.

1. Did Danny or 3ABN hire Tommy around 2001?

2. Did Danny know that Tommy was a sexual predator and a pedophile?

3. Did Tommy replace Linda as far as some functions go?

4. Is Tommy Danny's brother?

5. Is nepotism the preferential hiring of family members?

Which question do you believe is problematic? Certainly, not 1, 3, 4, and 5? So is the only one in dispute 2?

Narrow the problem down, and then let's discuss the detail you believe to be problematic.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »

Did Tommy have the formal education or the experience that would qualify him to head the production department at 3ABN? If the answer is no, and it is no, then what possible reason was there for hiring him other than nepotism?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »

Tommy testified before judge Bellows at the last hearing that he only had a High School Education. He then stated to the judge that he had took a few "Bible courses."
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »

Tommy testified before judge Bellows at the last hearing that he only had a High School Education. He then stated to the judge that he had took a few "Bible courses."

So, Tommy did not have the educational or moral qualifications to be a pastor. Ronnie Shelton, who also does not have the educational requirements to be a minister is serving as an SDA pastor. Why?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

So, Tommy did not have the educational or moral qualifications to be a pastor. Ronnie Shelton, who also does not have the educational requirements to be a minister is serving as an SDA pastor. Why?

I have often wondered that myself. I do believe that churches need to start doing background checks before they hire people like this to be their pastor. This pastoral sex abuse, is becoming to common that it is sick.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »

Ronnie is no longer serving as an Adventist pastor.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »

Another thing that really gripes me, is how on earth can someone with a H.S. education start the Ezra Christian School, and run it?

I have my own reasons for why he pushed for that school to be founded to begin with, but I'll remain quiet. I think it now is obvious....... :o

Can someone answer this question though, was there acts committed in the Ezra Church of God?

I know that both victims in Virginia have testified that they was molested in the church, as well as other places.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:12:00 PM by Adam »
Billy Graham

mrst53

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

At one time, the Church of God(at least Dunn Loring's Group) did not require formal Bible or College Education. I was considering becoming a preacher. as I thought that God had called me to preach. The Church of God allows women pastors. Their requirements were that you were known to be a born again Christian, a long history of faith in God and be recommended by 2 or 3 people in the Church and community that were land owners. It was pretty much up to the church and pastor whether or not to ordain the person.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 04:04:08 PM »

Another thing that really gripes me, is how on earth can someone with a H.S. education start the Ezra Christian School, and run it?

I have my own reasons for why he pushed for that school to be founded to begin with, but I'll remain quiet. I think it now is obvious....... :o

Can someone answer this question though, was there acts committed in the Ezra Church of God?

I know that both victims in Virginia have testified that they was molested in the church, as well as other places.
A college education is totally unnecessary to run a school. And yes, there were  MANY acts committed inside the Ezra Church of God.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

premeditation, premeditation, premeditation ...

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

A college education is totally unnecessary to run a school. And yes, there were  MANY acts committed inside the Ezra Church of God.

Sorry, Duane, but I think we disagree on this. I believe someone should have a higher education than that they are teaching.
Billy Graham
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up