Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton Servant of God  (Read 59219 times)

christian

Danny Shelton Servant of God
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:15 AM »

Perhaps we have it all wrong, can't you at least consider the possibility that he is a just man?  Linda committed adultery with another man and for that reason, Danny being a just and kind man, went to Guam to do the divorce as to not bring reproach on her here in the mainland States. I appreciate the fact that he did it out of the country where there could be no uproar. Then out of shear kindness and to keep himself pure and his mind clean he married another lady, who after some time because of the pressure of living with a Godly man was granted a divorce without fanfair. And could it be that his brother was caught in the same net being a kind and gentle man with the talent of music? And the good people at 3ABN working on restoring the breach and "Mending Broken People" building up the kingdom of God are under attack by the minions that are really jealous of them. Should not we remain silent and let them continue spreading the gospel in to all the world. I say (yea) lets look at the good and squash the apparent fictional stories of malice. Have we heard any of our leaders saying words of displeasure against these men of irrefutable character? Surely our leaders would not tolerate things if they were really as you say. So lets us join hands and say kumba ya and support these men as they stand on the wall day and night with shinning armor on protecting the gospel and repairing the breach.

Johann

Re: Danny Shelton Servant of God
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »

Perhaps we have it all wrong, can't you at least consider the possibility that he is a just man?  Linda committed adultery with another man and for that reason, Danny being a just and kind man, went to Guam to do the divorce as to not bring reproach on her here in the mainland States. I appreciate the fact that he did it out of the country where there could be no uproar. Then out of shear kindness and to keep himself pure and his mind clean he married another lady, who after some time because of the pressure of living with a Godly man was granted a divorce without fanfair. And could it be that his brother was caught in the same net being a kind and gentle man with the talent of music? And the good people at 3ABN working on restoring the breach and "Mending Broken People" building up the kingdom of God are under attack by the minions that are really jealous of them. Should not we remain silent and let them continue spreading the gospel in to all the world. I say (yea) lets look at the good and squash the apparent fictional stories of malice. Have we heard any of our leaders saying words of displeasure against these men of irrefutable character? Surely our leaders would not tolerate things if they were really as you say. So lets us join hands and say kumba ya and support these men as they stand on the wall day and night with shinning armor on protecting the gospel and repairing the breach.

Re: Wedding Bells In the Air
Quote from: christian « on: May 27, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
The darker the berrie the sweeter the juice, that is what I have been told LOL. Sometimes humor is the best way to deal with people who obviously have certain bents that even they don't know they have.

Which is this?

GRAT

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:27:26 AM »

:ROFL:  Wasn't too sure til I got to the joining hands and singing Kumba ya or however it is spelled!!

christian

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:10 PM »

Even if we try and spin it in the realm of possibility it seems totally implausible. But what is most disturbing to me is not the failings of the Shelton's but the failings of the Adventist Church. The fact that the church will not call him out and ask him to step down speaks volumes. The real battle here,with the exception of the molestation charges and those involved, is that those here are really shadow boxing with the Adventist Church. No matter how much we want to deny it 3ABN and the Adventist Church are joined at the hip, they are from the same cloth. Silently in the room is the 300 pound Gorilla that is ruling the ring. The real problem is that those on the side of justice are at the same time bound to uphold the church, for to be against the church is reported to be against God. Thus the dilemma is that they are suing 3ABN and Danny Shelton when the true culprits are left untouched. Why fool yourself, the Adventist church is the life blood of 3ABN with an array of church officials appearing on its programing and supporting its programs. I see no real good that can come from this but a continued and unrealistic fight with 3ABN when it is not them that are the main problem. Those at 3Abn are only doing what they are being allowed to do by those in the Adventist Church. They (Adventist church) must be laughing at this site and the ones on it because they with impunity continue their support in the face of obvious misdeeds, while at the same time understand they control the minions that are fighting 3ABn. It is more than anything a testament to the influence they wield and the inability of anyone except them to define what is a grievous sin or what will be pushed under the rug. For years I have been on this site looking at the post and it just continues on and on with no real end in site. Endless words and money spent trying to correct an evil with no real power to correct it because they are bound to the entity supporting it. ------It is obvious to the most people that Danny and his brother have done wrong and for that they will have to answer to God for one day. I have stated this before that even if Linda had done some of what they say they went about it totally wrong. So what is the conclusion? Until the 300 pound Gorilla is confronted it will keep on until Jesus comes and unfortunately those involved will find themselves wasting time and energy for no good reason.

:ROFL:  Wasn't too sure til I got to the joining hands and singing Kumba ya or however it is spelled!!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »

Christian, it does seem now and then that we are wasting our time, and for the reasons you delineated.

The Seventh-day Adventist church leaders are more supportive of 3ABN now than a few years back when some of the allegations were newer and being more widely circulated.

Since they are quiet about the problem, conservative Adventists in the pews either have not heard of the issues or assume that they have all been resolved with time, and they like the more conservative message of 3ABN.

The North American church leaders seem as unable to deal with the conservative entity of 3ABN as they are the liberal leanings of La Sierra University.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »

christian,

I find your tactics to attempt to dissuade others concerning the character of Danny Shelton and his accountability for his actions ridiculous. First you paint a fanciful portrait of Danny as the long suffering humble Christian  and Linda Shelton as the wicked adulteress. Fact: Linda did not commit adultery. She was raised as a Christian and has a strong conviction concerning her personal expressions of sexuality being confined to the marriage bed. Unfortunately, the same can not be said about Danny.

Then out of shear kindness and to keep himself pure and his mind clean he married another lady, who after some time because of the pressure of living with a Godly man was granted a divorce without fanfair.”

Sorry, but Danny already “knew” his second wife long before she married him. The pressure of living with a Godly man? More of a problem of living with an unethical man nearly twice her age. And why, after such a short marriage, doe he have visitation rights with only the younger of her two daughters and no interest in the other child?

What about Tommy? A kind, gentle man of music who has been maligned by so many? A reality check please, the man has already publically admitted to molesting Alex. And it is common knowledge in the Shelton clan concerning the sins committed by both brothers.

After lifting up both Dan and Tommy as humble saints who have been misrepresented, you quickly divert the spotlight away from them and place it on 3ABN as an organization and the workers who are faithfully spreading the Gospel throughout the world.

Interestingly, at the end of your first post in this thread, you begin to shift the accountability away from the perpetrators and the sin they have been accused of committing and shifting it to the leadership of the SDA church. You then portray Danny and Tommy as modern day watchers on the wall and urge all to support their noble efforts:

“...as they stand on the wall day and night with shinning armor on protecting the gospel and repairing the breach.”

In your second post your efforts to remove all accountability from Danny and Tommy and shift responsibility for their actions upon the leadership of the SDA church becomes quite obvious.  You no longer portray them in shining armor, but as humble Christian with human frailties. Sinners like ourselves, but shifting the greater responsibility for Danny’s sins away from the sinner and placing it on the church. Is the church now showing greater support for 3ABN and the gospel message it is broadcasting or Danny Shelton personally? Personally, I have never been against the ministry of 3ABN, but against the actions of those who have stolen from the coffers of God, molested the innocent and have maligned the reputations of their victims through lies, innuendo, and intimidation.

You continue to suggest that those apposing the actions of Danny Shelton should turn their energy for justice and accountability from him and spend it in attempting to bring down the SDA Church as an organization. Interesting... You paint the church as a bully who derives pleasure from the suffering of it members. You then continue by admitting that in fact Danny and Tommy are put poor sinners that are allowed to continue their actions by the support of the SDA church. And Linda? Well, now you say that they are justified in the murdering of her reputation even if only a small percentage of what they claimed about her is true, but that perhaps their method was incorrect.

The 300 pound Gorilla in the room is not the SDA church, it is those who believe at any cost the end justifies the means. Their believe that Dan and Tommy should not be personally held responsible for their actions because of the good that has been accomplished through the ministries broadcasting the Gospel through 3ABN, reason contrary to the principles of the Bible. God holds each one of us personally responsible for our sins. He calls us to repentance. Public sin should be publically confessed, restitution should be made to the victims and the sinner should go forth and sin no more. Is it a waste of time and effort to pursue justice? No. Should we take the advice of “christian” and shift the weight of Dan’s and Tommy’s sins upon the SDA church? No. It is time for Danny and Tommy to become accountable for their actions and reap the harvest of the sin they have sown. Yes. Who are the watchers on the wall? Is it those who commit the crime and lie in order to escape accountability for their actions or those who continue to cry out for justice and vindication for the victims?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »

The 300 pound Gorilla in the room is not the SDA church, it is those who believe at any cost the end justifies the means. Their believe that Dan and Tommy should not be personally held responsible for their actions because of the good that has been accomplished through the ministries broadcasting the Gospel through 3ABN

Unfortunately, those of us who live and function in the religious arena closer geographically to the North American church leadership have realized that the ones enabling the 3ABN ministry with its personal problems to continue unopposed are some of the church leaders.

Recognizing this is not the same as wanting to bring down the Seventh-day Adventist church.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

christian

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

Hello, Sister
    It has been a while since we talked  :wave: thanks for your eloquent dismantling and interpretation of what I said and what I meant. Now might I interpret what I have said and what I actually mean? I never meant to imply that Linda did anything wrong, however, I do think there might have been some on the board etc... that may have been fooled into believing that perhaps some of what Danny said had merit. I was simply talking to them about the way the perceived problem was handled. AND THE FIRST POST WAS MEANT IN SARCASM AS TO SHOW THE ABSOLUTE ABSURBERTY OF THE LIES PUT OUT. (CAPS USED FOR EMPHASIS ONLY). Now I believe that one would have to be a fool to not understand that the Adventist Church is responsible to a great degree for proping Danny Shelton up. And the reason the Church censers people and kicks them out of the church is because they understand that public sins bring reproach on the church and our Lord. I personally know of not a few people that have been censored and kicked out of the church for adultery and getting pregnant and the like. Now how will you justify the blatant disregard for the going on at 3ABN in the light of that? And I was at no point trying to lessen the sin of those involved rather I was trying to point out the absolute fact that the one (ADVENTIST CHURCH) absolutely is not only responsible but duty bound to follow the word of God. Those on this site and their struggles would not even have to be if the church had done its duty. You like to many are unwilling to call a spade a spade and for that reason the church and its leaders like the Jews of old are allowed to propagate the most grievous sins in the name of God. This is but a microism of the larger problem of the church and in the end even the prophet Ellen G. White would say that God will have to spew them out. What about Eli and others allowing sin to remain? Did not the entire Jewish people end up paying for the sin? And what about the many, many examples in the bible where sin was allowed to go unchallenged that caused the death of many. It was with that on my mind that I wrote the foregone posts. But you have come now attacking me for speaking the truth. Rather answer this simple question for me PLEASE. Do you think that if the church knows all that you have stated in the post you wrote me that it is right for the church to be silent? Read your own post you say Linda is innocent and you imply that Danny has a son by his previous wife before they were married and that his brother is a pedophile. But in the same breath you are on here trying to correct a wrong when those with the power to correct it stay silent? Tell me how the church is not responsible for letting this masquerade go on, please tell me how they are not responsible? Why does Gallion and many others have to maintain a site when the church could handle the problem? I would bet that if the church did what it was suppose to that those on this site would go quiet and be happy about it. Yes they are (church leaders) absolutely the 300 pound ring masters. And if it was not a matter of money I believe they would have long since taken care of this problem.

christian,

I find your tactics to attempt to dissuade others concerning the character of Danny Shelton and his accountability for his actions ridiculous. First you paint a fanciful portrait of Danny as the long suffering humble Christian  and Linda Shelton as the wicked adulteress. Fact: Linda did not commit adultery. She was raised as a Christian and has a strong conviction concerning her personal expressions of sexuality being confined to the marriage bed. Unfortunately, the same can not be said about Danny.

Then out of shear kindness and to keep himself pure and his mind clean he married another lady, who after some time because of the pressure of living with a Godly man was granted a divorce without fanfair.”

Sorry, but Danny already “knew” his second wife long before she married him. The pressure of living with a Godly man? More of a problem of living with an unethical man nearly twice her age. And why, after such a short marriage, doe he have visitation rights with only the younger of her two daughters and no interest in the other child?

What about Tommy? A kind, gentle man of music who has been maligned by so many? A reality check please, the man has already publically admitted to molesting Alex. And it is common knowledge in the Shelton clan concerning the sins committed by both brothers.

After lifting up both Dan and Tommy as humble saints who have been misrepresented, you quickly divert the spotlight away from them and place it on 3ABN as an organization and the workers who are faithfully spreading the Gospel throughout the world.

Interestingly, at the end of your first post in this thread, you begin to shift the accountability away from the perpetrators and the sin they have been accused of committing and shifting it to the leadership of the SDA church. You then portray Danny and Tommy as modern day watchers on the wall and urge all to support their noble efforts:

“...as they stand on the wall day and night with shinning armor on protecting the gospel and repairing the breach.”

In your second post your efforts to remove all accountability from Danny and Tommy and shift responsibility for their actions upon the leadership of the SDA church becomes quite obvious.  You no longer portray them in shining armor, but as humble Christian with human frailties. Sinners like ourselves, but shifting the greater responsibility for Danny’s sins away from the sinner and placing it on the church. Is the church now showing greater support for 3ABN and the gospel message it is broadcasting or Danny Shelton personally? Personally, I have never been against the ministry of 3ABN, but against the actions of those who have stolen from the coffers of God, molested the innocent and have maligned the reputations of their victims through lies, innuendo, and intimidation.

You continue to suggest that those apposing the actions of Danny Shelton should turn their energy for justice and accountability from him and spend it in attempting to bring down the SDA Church as an organization. Interesting... You paint the church as a bully who derives pleasure from the suffering of it members. You then continue by admitting that in fact Danny and Tommy are put poor sinners that are allowed to continue their actions by the support of the SDA church. And Linda? Well, now you say that they are justified in the murdering of her reputation even if only a small percentage of what they claimed about her is true, but that perhaps their method was incorrect.

The 300 pound Gorilla in the room is not the SDA church, it is those who believe at any cost the end justifies the means. Their believe that Dan and Tommy should not be personally held responsible for their actions because of the good that has been accomplished through the ministries broadcasting the Gospel through 3ABN, reason contrary to the principles of the Bible. God holds each one of us personally responsible for our sins. He calls us to repentance. Public sin should be publically confessed, restitution should be made to the victims and the sinner should go forth and sin no more. Is it a waste of time and effort to pursue justice? No. Should we take the advice of “christian” and shift the weight of Dan’s and Tommy’s sins upon the SDA church? No. It is time for Danny and Tommy to become accountable for their actions and reap the harvest of the sin they have sown. Yes. Who are the watchers on the wall? Is it those who commit the crime and lie in order to escape accountability for their actions or those who continue to cry out for justice and vindication for the victims?

Johann

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 02:32:38 AM »

People are different!

I have lived in areas where most people would read this post as the author intended: As sarcasm, and they might reply to it as such.

Then I have also lived in regions where the majority of the population are so dead serious that they would never detect any humor nor sarcasm in it. In some areas of the world there might only be a mountain that separates the opinions and thinking of the people. They might even speak the same language, and yet their way of thinking is so different.

Then there are some people who never realize there is such a distinction in human expression and thought. Some of those are very quick to judge what others are saying according to their own pattern of thought. They might also be quick to brand others as too conservative or liberal because their ways of expressing things do not match their own.

Do we realize what happened at the tower of Babel?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »

Christian, you know I love you!  Thank you for that Kumbaya moment!   :ROFL:

Ok so the other point is correct also.  At our convocation last weekend who was there but Dr. Yvonne Lewis promoting the new 3ABN urban channel.  I did not get a chance to speak with her, though.  I can't remember the name of the new channel.  She was encouraging everyone to call their cable company to request the channel, and I had no intentions on calling, so the name didn't stick.

I remember when they were first planning this channel that Whintley Phipps was involved.  Is he still working with them on this project.  Just curious as he wasn't mentioned.

I said allt hat to say that you are right int hat GC acts as if nothing is wrong, as Dr. Graham(President of PUC) and Pastor Pedersen(President of NCC) were both sitting right ther grinnin' and nodding in approval.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

polymark

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »

I believe that Whintley Phipps is out and Dr. Yvonne Lewis is in. "SHE" works better  that "HE" in the relationship that goes with that position.

polymark

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »

Excuse me let me say that again. I believe that Whintley Phipps is out and Dr. Yvonne Lewis is in. "She" works better THAN "He" in the relationship that goes with that position.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »

I remember when they were first planning this channel that Whintley Phipps was involved.  Is he still working with them on this project.  Just curious as he wasn't mentioned.

How much money was it reported that Wintley got for that project? Did he actually get the money? If so, how was it used? If the project never happened, did he give the money back?

polymark

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 03:31:08 AM »

That is a good question.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 11:50:12 PM »

Uh, Poly you still tryna say that Dr. Lewis is courtin' Danny?  i sincerely hope not.  i encourage all of my brothers and sisters who feel the need to run for the border, to make it worth the run............I am believing in God that she is onyl working with hiim on a worth-while evangelistic effort.

Excuse me let me say that again. I believe that Whintley Phipps is out and Dr. Yvonne Lewis is in. "She" works better THAN "He" in the relationship that goes with that position.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up