Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Forums to be Served Soon By 3ABN  (Read 58909 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Two Forums to be Served Soon By 3ABN
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »

There seems to be questions as to why C/A shut down any discussion of 3ABN that may be considered negative. One possible reason was given

Those that offered an opinion or stated facts they knew regarding DS,the divorce ,and such were seen as some type of gossip mongers. Disregarding of course that DS appears to have begun the trashing of LS.

This seems only a concern when it concerns those that have the money and power.The same scenerio is done many times on that forum with nary a word of caution.

If it is a true heartfelt conviction that it was wrong to state an opinion or fact concerning DS and his behavior, that same action remains wrong,  remains wrong for all.

If that is a conviction and not an excuse for shutting down all discussion, then that conviction would run throughout the forum.
You do not Trash an ex-spouse who cannot defend themselves against an unwarrented attack. You stop it based on your convictions. Those same convictions that were stated in the shutting down of the 3AN thread.

If wrong, it is not wrong based on how much power and money you have. It is wrong. Perhaps that real reason for shutting down the topic of 3ABN on C/A will never be known.
But if the reason was as stated,then it is just plain wrong and you will not allow it done to anyone.

There is something a little convoluted about a party that works to get a discussion stopped concerning the conduct of another, then turns around and speaks against his ex, when she is not there to defend herslf, and more imprtantly to me, I never saw anyone ask him for the information.
So for me I do not believe all the geat concern shown over the topic of DS and his divorce from LS.

========

Edited a since deleted quoted post and other posts, as a result of the cleaning of this thread of inappropriate posts that detracted from the intent of this topic. - Daryl Fawcett
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:40:36 AM by Daryl Fawcett »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 08:17:16 PM »

I guess I understand what you are saying.

Anyway, I certainly agree with your point and there seem to have been some inconsistencies in what happened.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »

I guess I understand what you are saying.

Anyway, I certainly agree with your point and there seem to have been some inconsistencies in what happened.

The stand you take, the conviction of what is right and wrong does not change depending on who is involved.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »

Well in any case, I'm glad we have a forum here that is not being shut down!

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 02:57:13 AM »

Well in any case, I'm glad we have a forum here that is not being shut down!

I don't really think that AdventTalk can be compared with other Forums. I see this as a new beginning, a fresh start if you will. I don't see it being in the same street as CA.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

I agree with Chrissie that AdventTalk is a new beginning - a fresh start for Adventist discussion forums.

The type of "tender chat" you are referring to would fit right in over at another forum, though.  Send them over there!!

=====

Edited as a result of the cleaning of this thread of inappropriate posts that detracted from the intent of this topic. - Daryl Fawcett
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:42:32 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »

This section has been labeled by Daryl Fawcett "3ABN--for respectfully discussing any issues and concerns pertaining to 3ABN".

I agree first of all with Chrissie, who sees AdventTalk as a new beginning, a fresh start, and different from CA, for example.

And I certainly agree with Snoopy who referred to "another forum" where this non-3ABN related and potentially disrespectful conflict might be more appropriate.

=====

Edited a since deleted quoted post and other posts, as a result of the cleaning of this thread of inappropriate posts that detracted from the intent of this topic. - Daryl Fawcett
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:43:56 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 02:00:16 PM »

Thank you, Daryl.

That was the right thing to do.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 05:50:25 AM »

Any discussion about Stan was to be in relationship to the topic itself.

This topic wasn't created for the purpose of bashing Stan, or anybody else, therefore, this thread has been cleaned of posts, quoted posts, and other posts responding to them, as a result of the cleaning of this thread of inappropriate posts that detracted from the intent of this topic. - Daryl Fawcett, Administrator.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:47:03 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 06:38:29 PM »

Personally, I like Stan, even though he's human, which is the same problem all of us have.

My gut feeling is that Stan must have been talking about subpoenas rather than lawsuits.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 09:27:45 PM »

That makes much more sense!

You're right Bob!  Being human is something of a burden to bear...sometimes it gets the best of you!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »

According to Appletree the entire story is absurd...does he know Jensen was the source of this leak? And if it is just subpoena's, they still must be served!!! Talk about expanding the lawsuite, just why would they waste their time when this would be a
public relations disaster??? But, when did that deter Danny, besides he will just blame it all on Linda!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 09:03:48 PM »

I have had to laugh many times in the past when I read of all the things Danny blames Linda for, which I happen to know she has had nothing to do with. It appears as he thinks he is a prophet and knows more than anyone else. . .

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »

I recently had opportunity to be part of a conversation with Lomacang and he has the same disease: Everything is Linda's false and only Danny Lee Shelton tells the truth. He
even was foolish enough to question whether the IRS Criminal Investigation coordinator was real and warned the other party that it was part of an elaborate hoax cooked up by Linda!!! I really felt a bit sorry for that poor deluded sole (the spelling is correct) for just a fraction of a second, and then I realized he really needs a new experience!!! Maybe even a new field of operation...somewhere with the status of Siberia!!!

Any chance for a call in NORTHERN Iceland??? Outer Mongolia??? All right, I will compromize...how about Swaziland...even has a King to worship!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

JL once had a call to conduct a week of prayer in Arild Abrahamsen's home church in Norway. Somehow the call got sour at some point.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up