Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Ten Commandment Weekend/Camp Meeting lineup  (Read 57243 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN Ten Commandment Weekend/Camp Meeting lineup
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »

http://www.3abncampmeeting.org/schedule.html

I am still wondering why Danny Shelton is on the lineup for Ten Commandment Weekend, given the fact that he:

• Divorced his wife Linda without biblical grounds.
  • Led people to believe that Linda had committed adultery when he himself admitted nearly a month after the divorce that he didn't know whether or not she had committed fornication.
  • Failed to report his TCTR royalty income on his financial affidavit of July 2006.
  • Covered up the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.
  • Engaged in private inurement by buying a house from 3ABN in 1998 for $6,139 and selling it a week later for $135,000, so he could build up equity for retirement.
  • Falsely stated under oath in 2002 that he didn't get housing or retirement benefits from 3ABN.
  • Falsely stating on the 1998 Form 990 that there were no section 4958 excess benefit transactions.
  • Filed a lawsuit in vindictive retaliation against two whistle blowers rather than asking ASI to look into all the allegations.
  • Allowed John Lomacang unrebuked to tell the entire world in a broadcast on Aug. 10, 2006, that Danny Shelton could not be corrected by man.
  • Allowed Shelley Quinn unrebuked to insinuate before the entire world in a broadcast on Aug. 10, 2006, that his own step-daughter was a liar when she alleged that Danny had sexually assaulted her.
  • etc., etc.

Why in the world is Danny still on the lineup? To have Danny as part of the lineup is as ludicrous as inviting Bill Clinton to speak on the importance of keeping the 7th and 9th commandments.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:54:33 AM by Bob Pickle »

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
Re: 3ABN Ten Commandment Weekend/Camp Meeting lineup
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:39:18 AM »

I am still wondering why Danny Shelton is on the lineup for Ten Commandment Weekend, given the fact that he:

• Led people to believe that Linda had committed adultery when he himself admitted nearly a month after the divorce that he didn't know whether or not she had committed fornication.
  • Failed to report his TCTR royalty income on his financial affidavit of July 2006.
  • Engaged in private inurement by buying a house from 3ABN in 1998 for $6,139 and selling it a week later for $135,000, so he could build up equity for retirement.
  • Falsely stated under oath in 2002 that he didn't get housing or retirements from 3ABN.
  • Falsely stating on the 1998 Form 990 that there were no section 4958 excess benefit transactions.
  • Filed a lawsuit in vindictive retaliation against two whistle blowers rather than asking ASI to look into all the allegations.
  • Allowed John Lomacang unrebuked to tell the entire world in a broadcast on Aug. 10, 2006, that Danny Shelton could not be corrected by man.
  • Allowed Shelley Quinn unrebuked to insinuate before the entire world in a broadcast on Aug. 10, 2006, that his own step-daughter was a liar when she alleged that Danny had sexually assaulted her.
  • etc., etc.

Why in the world is Danny still on the lineup? To have Danny as part of the lineup is as ludicrous as inviting Bill Clinton to speak on the importance of keeping the 7th and 9th commandments.

Pickle forgot to say "In my opinion" or "alleged"

Nor does he ever acknowledge previous corrections or arguments, he just continues as if his opinions and judgments are true and righteous, and cannot be questioned.

Posts like this one, are perfect examples to represent how his defamation per se is ongoing. I wonder if those monitering the forums will agree.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:49:41 AM »

Nor does he ever acknowledge previous corrections or arguments, he just continues as if his opinions and judgments are true and righteous, and cannot be questioned.

Posts like this one, are perfect examples to represent how his defamation per se is ongoing. I wonder if those monitering the forums will agree.

Oh, you mean the ones who can't even get a subpoena done correctly? No one is scared, Ian.

=====

Edited to user's username with a notice to use user's name.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:29:34 PM by Daryl Fawcett »
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:57:17 AM »

Which item in the list did you think was uncertain?

I suppose someone might question whether Danny was really stating a falsehood when he said that he didn't get retirement or housing benefits. And that would be questionable if the house deal for building equity for retirement isn't considered a housing benefit or a retirement benefit.

But the average person probably won't buy that logic.

Ozzie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »

• Falsely stated under oath in 2002 that he didn't get housing or retirements from 3ABN.
  • etc., etc.

[/color]

I can't see why they would agree Ian. Seems to me if Bob or Gailon post anything, you seem to think it's your duty to try to knock it down.

I can't understand for the life of me, why DS should be involved in anything promoting the 10 Commandments, in view of everythng that has happened at 3ABN over teh past few years. Brazen as can be, IMHO.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:17:47 PM »

• Falsely stated under oath in 2002 that he didn't get housing or retirement benefits from 3ABN.
  • etc., etc.

I have come to the conclusion that your continued repetitions must be your attempt at NLP mind control.  Repeating the same things over and over is a form of brainwashing. Trouble is the only brain your washing is your own.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »

Oh, you mean the ones who can't even get a subpoena done correctly? No one is scared, Ian.

=====

Edited to user's username with a notice to use user's name.

:dogwag: Yep there's that little dog again yap yap yapping....

Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 06:30:10 PM »

[

I can't understand for the life of me, why DS should be involved in anything promoting the 10 Commandments, in view of everythng that has happened at 3ABN over teh past few years. Brazen as can be, IMHO.[/b]

It would seem that a lot of people that are closer to the situation than you are would disagree with your allegations and call them unfounded. Try calling the hotels within 30 miles of 3abn and try to reserve a room for campmeeting. Let me help you..they are taken.  I hear there will be a record number in attendance this year.  Obviously Pickle and Joy have created an illusion for the rest of you. There are just too many people, conference presidents, evangelists, GC workers that have been up close and personal with 3abn administration and they know the truth of the situation.

Now let's put on our thinking caps.....Should we listen to those respected people, many in leadership that have dealt with Danny and 3abn  personally or, door number 2 listen to pickle and joy who have never even been there or met the people running 3abn?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 06:30:18 PM »

• etc., etc.

"Defamation occurs when the statement is false, communicated to a third party, and no special privilege exists..."

So, what part is false and fails the test of the having the preponderonce of the evidence in it's favor?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »

I have come to the conclusion that your continued repetitions must be your attempt at NLP mind control.  Repeating the same things over and over is a form of brainwashing. Trouble is the only brain your washing is your own.
[/quote]

There we are, more evidence the Danny Supporters are Historic Adventism off-shoots, but these historic Adventists have a significant differentiation, they have no problem with the SIN IN THEIR CAMP.

I have frequently found that true of the Independent Ministries...they quickly denegrate the General Conference for hair splitting isssues and ignore gross misconduct in their own camp...and in fact are known to defend the errant to
the bitter failure of their own institution...and still claim they are benefitiing from the Lord's Blessing; but any problem is immediately identified as the Devil attacking, not any personal accountabiity for mismanagement or administrative error.

Same old, same old!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Donna

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »

[

I can't understand for the life of me, why DS should be involved in anything promoting the 10 Commandments, in view of everythng that has happened at 3ABN over teh past few years. Brazen as can be, IMHO.[/b]

It would seem that a lot of people that are closer to the situation than you are would disagree with your allegations and call them unfounded. Try calling the hotels within 30 miles of 3abn and try to reserve a room for campmeeting. Let me help you..they are taken.  I hear there will be a record number in attendance this year.  Obviously Pickle and Joy have created an illusion for the rest of you. There are just too many people, conference presidents, evangelists, GC workers that have been up close and personal with 3abn administration and they know the truth of the situation.

Now let's put on our thinking caps.....Should we listen to those respected people, many in leadership that have dealt with Danny and 3abn  personally or, door number 2 listen to pickle and joy who have never even been there or met the people running 3abn?

I most heartily agree with all you have said.

This is to be my first year to attend and you are right in finding rooms. I was prepared to accept sleeping in my van until the Lord intervened and through another helped me out. I am so thankful. After reading on here since the forum's beginnings, I signed up as a member to stand in my place for Him.

Isn't He wonderful!

Donna

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »

• etc., etc.

I got depressed after following the link above and reading the Camp Meeting schedule.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »

Just a few thoughts...

As I reflected on your post it came to mind that the only Person ever a part of a lineup who was born, grew up, ministered to the masses and spread the Gospel without sinning at any point in His life also ended up nailed to a wooden cross.

How many of our cherished Christian speakers have come from lives of sin, and yet through the power of the Spirit became vessels for spreading the Good News?  I am not in a position to make a judgment call on anyone standing on the stage during the two 3abn events.  I'll let the Lord determine whether or not each individual speaker has the right to represent Him.

Remember, this is America..... we have this wonderful thing called Freedom of Speech.  I think it applies to most citizens....even a majority of those that sin.

BTW, as far as Bill Clinton, who better to speak on the importance of keeping the 7th and 9th commandments?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »

Maybe I should clarify a bit.

Take a look at http://www.save-3abn.com/letters-of-support-gpf-1.htm. He freely admits that he himself fell, but states clearly, "I finally admitted my guilt and started life over again. I am free! Cleansed by the blood of the Lamb! But not until there is admission and full repentance can this happen."

Would it be all right for him to speak for Ten Commandment Weekend? I think so.

But for the unrepentant to speak there, it makes a mockery of it all, and gives the unbeliever opportunity to blaspheme.

I can't say whether Tammy has repented or not. But if Danny has repented, he certainly hasn't made it known.

If Tammy and Danny can participate, why can't Linda?

anyman

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »

Maybe I should clarify a bit.

Take a look at http://www.save-3abn.com/letters-of-support-gpf-1.htm. He freely admits that he himself fell, but states clearly, "I finally admitted my guilt and started life over again. I am free! Cleansed by the blood of the Lamb! But not until there is admission and full repentance can this happen."

Would it be all right for him to speak for Ten Commandment Weekend? I think so.

But for the unrepentant to speak there, it makes a mockery of it all, and gives the unbeliever opportunity to blaspheme.

I can't say whether Tammy has repented or not. But if Danny has repented, he certainly hasn't made it known.

If Tammy and Danny can participate, why can't Linda?

You believe without doubt in Danny's guilt so it looks like that you are saying here that Linda was guilty as charged and has publically repented and made things right. Maybe you can tell us when you came to know of her guilt and when she made her admission public and repented. Probably the only honest thing here is where you say you can't say if Tammy has repented, just like you can't really say most of what you do say.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up