Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Friends of Barbara Kerr  (Read 48465 times)

Sam

Re: Dear Friends of Barbara Kerr
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »

Most all tv shows are archived on the web. Do the research. It is all there.

Your answer above is what we have been getting for 2 years. No links, no quotes, no nothing.

Sam

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »

Sorry you have become so deluded, Sam.

Well Artiste this is one time I just can’t let a pithy comment go unchallenged.  I’ve never been picked to join a “side” in this mess and think there are issues in both camps.

What I am absolutely certain of is that Linda Shelton has been not only complicit but instrumental in the attacks on 3ABN and her ex husband.  There are too many of her fingerprints, including private emails that have been shared to come to any other conclusion.  I suspect this will be verified as various people get their deposition turns.

Has Danny Shelton had problems?  You bet.  I’m thinking there are going to be some surprises when the extent of Linda’s real activities comes to light.  Sure would be nice to see this handled in private where it belongs.

Finally..... an objective but yet common sense reasoning.  Thank you Maxey.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »

Sam;

Please stop bad mouthing Linda.  Their marriage is over!  Leave her alone.  This has turned into a vendetta. 

This tread is about Barbara Kerr.  Please take this thread back to where it belongs. 

Maybe you should start a thread, "Linda committed Adultery: Here is the proof."  Linda has let go.  Danny cannot.  His words are hatred and not love.

This topic is way OFF topic!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Fran is absolutely right about this thread going way off topic.  Please all, let's remember forum rule #3 and keep our posts here to Barbara Kerr.

"3 - You also agree to stay within the topic of a particular topic or to start a new topic."

ADMIN HAT OFF

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »

Re:

"Gregory, I appreciate the fact that you do not accuse me of lying. That is way ahead of most on this forum. What you do assume is that I am not close enough to the situation or do not know anything for fact.  You are very wrong.  You cannot make an assumption like that as you do not know my identity and therefore cannot assume what I know, what I have witnessed and experienced.

You say there are some things you know to be facts. Let me just say Gregory unless you eye witnessed something yourself, you cannot know if it is a fact. The whole 3abn topic has proven over and over that what many people have referred to as fact, was what they were told my someone else. If they think that "someone else" is a good source or to them seems a "credible" source, they say it is fact.  Clearly many of these "facts" have now been proven to have been nothing but false accusations and repeated heresay.

You think because you worked closely with Linda the last few years that you know her.  You need to remember what circumstances she was in when you met and what she wanted others to think and believe.

Just remember, there may be some on this forum who have known Linda far longer than you and have saw first hand her day to day behaviour, motives, treatment of others,  and so on. This was the "unguarded" Linda that was VP of 3abn and therefore didn't have to worry about swaying anyone to this position or that. 

Don't assume too much Gregory as I could be on of those people."

Sam:

My response was narrowly focused on your alligations in regard to what LInda had attempted to do to 3-ABN And Danny.  [NOTE: I am briefly summing what you actually said.]  Your response to me has expanded into other areas that were not part of my response.

1) My response was based upon what I had personally experienced and for which I was a personal witness in regard to Linda.  It was not based upon second hand information.  For reasons that you will not understand, I am not ready to enter into public discussion what I have experienced that leads me to say what I said.  As I said, if I were to do so, some would accept, some would not.  As I am not giving my reasons, I can understand why you would continue to believe as you do.  I can live with that.

2) I also do not make any assumption as to who you are and as to what you may have experienced with Linda.  I have never held her to be a perfect person.  I have never felt that I had to defend her from every accusation.  I have said in what was a trite manner that Linda may have burned the toast some morning.  If your can get beyond the trite nature of my comment the message there is that in my thinking there are issues that she is charges with  that are well outrside of what should be important. People can trash her for many things and are doing so.   But, those are outside of the central issues that are important.  She was not perfect.  She is not the exact same person today that she was in the past.  She has grown and matured.  And, I do not question that she could grow further and undergo further maturation.   That is a part of life.  I hope that I am not the same person 10 years from now that I am today.  I hope that I will have matured during the next 10 years.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Fran is absolutely right about this thread going way off topic.  Please all, let's remember forum rule #3 and keep our posts here to Barbara Kerr.

"3 - You also agree to stay within the topic of a particular topic or to start a new topic."

ADMIN HAT OFF

Daryl, I had not read your post when I posted.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2008, 10:18:07 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON!

All future posts regarding Linda should be at the following discussion link:

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,827.0.html

ADMIN HAT OFF!

JoAnn

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »

I arrived home from North Dakota a few days ago and opened up Advent Talk.  Much to my dismay, I found all the "surmising" and "assuming" regarding the letter I wrote about Barbara.  I am a retired Life Insurance agent and many years ago, my  supervisor told me never to assume anything because those who do, are usually wrong and it makes everyone look bad.  Plainly speaking, your assumptions are wrong.

For those who asked, I'll tell you why Barbara did not write the letter herself.  She, like Linda, does not go on any forum any more, nor has she since she came home from Norway and tried to write.  Reading all the "stuff" people wrote was just too upsetting for her and her health could not take it.  Over the past year, I would go on BSDA and see that there were some people sincerely asking about her and I'd relay that on, letting her know she did have many friends genuinely concerned about her health and how she was doing. 

We discussed how best to let those who love her know she was much better and we decided that I would be the one to write the letter.  I posted it on BSDA and, (this is for you, Sister) I decided to also post it on Advent Talk (knowing many of her friends were also reading here) ~ THEN, I informed Barbara on the following day of what I had done.  This was NOT about playing games, Sister. Barbara has never gone to Advent Talk and, as I said before, she also no longer visits BSDA.

Sorry Grammie T, Barbara won't be coming on this forum or any other.  I am Barbara's mother and thank you for the apology.  Like I said in the letter; God, in His own time, will reveal what He wants known.  The purpose of my letter was to let those who wanted to know 'why' Barbara hadn't written sooner ~ the "Why" - and that she is doing fine.  I also want to let you "naysayers" know that I keep in contact with Linda and talk to her on the phone, the last time being just two weeks ago.  We see each other when our paths cross.

I want to thank those of you (Grandmad, Servant, Ian, Habanero, Fran and many others) for your kindness shown to Barbara and who have been appreciative for the update.  For those who don't know, you may go to BSDA and open the Praise and Testmony thread where you will find Barbara's 'Love Letter From Norway'.  To read her "Open Letter" explaining her involvement with 3ABN, click on 3ABN (Links and Resources) here on Advent Talk.

Barbara has the following statement by H.M.S. Richards, Sr. posted in her office and around her house so she can read it readily throughout the day.  Perhaps everyone should read it at least once a day to keep focused on what is truly important in life!!

Keep At Your Work

"The Lord has given to every man his work.  It is his business to do it and the devil's business to hinder him if he can.  So, surely as God has given you a work to do, Satan will try to hinder you.  He may present other things more promising.  He may allure you by worldly prospects.  He may assult you with slander, torment you with false accusations, set you to work defending your character, employ pious persons to lie about you, editors to assail you, and excellent men to slander you.  You may have Pilate and Herod, Annas and Caiaphas all combined against you, and Judas standing by ready to sell you for thirty pieces of silver; and you may wonder why all those things come to you.  Can you not see that the whole thing is brought about through the craft of the devil to draw you off from your work and hinder your obedience to God?

Keep about your work.  Do not flinch because the lion roars, do not stop to stone the devil's dogs; do not fool away your time chasing the devil's rabbits.  Do your work.  Let liars lie, let sectarians quarrel, let corporations resolve, let editors publish, let the devil do his worst; but see to it that nothing hinders you from fulfilling the work that God has given you.

He has not sent you to make money.  He has not commanded you to get rich.  He has never bidden you to defend your character.  He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood which Satan and his servants may start to peddle.  If you do these things, you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord.

Keep about your work.  Let your AIM be as steady as a star.  Let the world brawl and bubble.  You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded and rejected; you may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends, and despised and rejected of men, but see to it with steadfast determination, with unfaltering zeal, that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being, until at last you can say, 'I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.'  By: H.M.S. Richards, Sr., Founder of Voice of Prophecy.

Barbara is determined to be about her Lord's work.  She is happy, content and full of joy.  She loves people and is doing all she can to fulfill the covenant she made with God when she was dying of Crohn's Disease ~ that if He would spare her life, she would spend the rest of her life helping people to never get as sick as she was.  God honored that prayer and is blessing her beyond measure.  I am thankful I have such a Godly daughter who loves Jesus with all her heart!

I pray for God's blessings on all of you.
Jo Ann

Jo Ann, I asked you a question in a Private Message on another Forum (BSDA) and rather than answering it privately there, you bring it up publically here. Why? What is your purpose? In God's time perhaps the truth about why Barbara was asked to leave Norway may come to light. It says much more about certain aspects of her character than a mother may choose to admit. Many mothers have a blind spot when it comes to the characters of their beloved child and are willing to defend that child no matter the circumstances.

Sister

Yes, Sister, you did ask me in a PM on BSDA this question:  "Jo Ann, what games is Barbara playing now?" 

At the same time, you posted (in reply to my letter, on BSDA) the following:  "...Barbara has her mother posting here and on other SDA Forums with the same letter.  A mature Christian would either remain silent or post her findings.  Barbara, be a Christian and post what you have to say, rather than these backhanded remarks through your mother in an attempt to further tarnish the reputations of others."  unquote.  As a result of the above post on BSDA, Clay locked the thread.

Since your post tied in with what you also wrote on Advent Talk, I addressed both at the same time here.  In my opinion, there wasn't anything 'private' about your PM question.  It was merely a false accusation.   This is not about playing games!!!

On the same day, July 3rd, you posted the following here at Advent Talk:

"Country Mouse, I would not put too much faith into the "report" from Barbara Kerr, via her mother, concerning Linda Shelton and the Doctor.  It appears to be written in such a manner as to purposefully lead one to false conclusions without acturally coming out and making a clear statement of fact.  Personally, I wonder why Barbara did not come here and share her "disturbing information" herself?  Why all the secrecy?  A Christian does not handle a situation in this manner.  She either comes out and has her say or she remains silent.  A mature middle-aged Christian does not send her mother around to various SDA Forums with sly hints and innuendos that would cause others to draw the obvious conclusion that Country Mouse has been lead to deduce.  I believe the letter from Barbara Kerr's mother say much more about their "Christian" characters than it does about either Linda Shelton or Doctor A.  As Linda Shelton challenged Danny to come forward and produce the evidence of adultery, so I challenge Barbara Kerr to come forward as a Christian and voice her concerns." unquote.

Your accusation that Barbara, through me, made 'backhanded remarks in an attempt to tarnish the reputation of others' makes me realize that you are the one making very un-Christian remarks in order to tarnish Barbara's reputation...along with a threat "to expose why Barbara left Norway" when she did.  There isn't anything in my letter indicating any attempt to tarnish anyone's reputation!! 

To eliminate any further speculation as to why Barbara left Norway when she did, the dr. had taken Barbara's care as far as he could at that time, as she had already been there nearly four months, and he told her it was time to go home.  The reasons behind that decision are private, personal and confidential & had absolutely nothing to do with 3ABN, Linda or Danny.

I recently read this statement on kindness:  "Kindness ~ it is one of the most beautiful compensations in life...we can never help another without helping ourselves." by Ralph Waldo Emerson.  Perhaps, Sister, you should try alittle kindness and find out how much more enjoyable life can really be.  I don't know you and you don't know me, but it made me sad to see you making such detrimental statements about the characters of both Barbara and myself.

Last Sabbath, I was reading in The Desire of Ages regarding Mary and her love for Jesus as she anointed Him with that expensive oil.  Quote:  "Christ delighted in the earnest desire of Mary to do the will of her Lord.  He accepted the wealth of pure affection which His disciples did not, would not, understand....That ointment was a symbol of the heart of the giver.  It was the outward demonstration of a love fed by heavenly streams until it overflowed...They [the disciples] felt the reproof keenly as they took from the cross the bruised body of their Lord....The same want is evident in our world today.  But few appreciate all that Christ is to them.  If they did, the great love of Mary would be expressed...Well may the heavenly host look with amazement upon the human family who refuse to be uplifted and enriched with the boundless love expressed in Christ."  Desire of Ages, pp 599 & 600.  (Insertion mine)  Something to reflect on, isn't it?

As I was searching through a box looking for a file this morning, I found some art work that Barbara had done for me in 1994, just months before her ileostomy surgery.  Beside the beautiful painted heart of pink with a yellow flower, green leaves and a flowing purple ribbon, she wrote:  "No one will ever breathe one breath for us.  No one will ever think one thought that is ours.  No one will ever stand in our bodies, experience what happens to us, feel our fears, dream our dreams, or cry our tears...No one else can ever live a singe moment of our lives for us.  That we must do for ourselves." 

If you don't have Barbara's two "Taste of Health" Cookbooks, I challenge you to get them and read them from cover to cover.  You then will have a better understanding of the lovely, caring person that she is.  Instead of trying to destroy her reputation, why not try to get to know her?  Why not "try a little kindness?" 

Dr. James Dobson once said:  How we want to be remembered is how we will live our lives". 

JoAnn, Barbara Kerr's Mother

Johann

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 06:34:43 PM »

A parish priest was being honored at a dinner on the twenty-fifth anniversary of his arrival in that parish. A leading local politician, who was a member of the congregation, was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner, but he was delayed in traffic, so the priest decided to say his own few words while they waited "You will understand," he said, "the seal of the confessional, can never be broken. However, I got my first impressions of the parish from the very first confession I heard here. I can only hint vaguely about this, but when I came here twenty-five years ago I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place.

The very first chap who entered my confessional told me how he had stolen a television set, and when stopped by the police, had almost murdered the officer. Further, he told me he had stolen money from his parents, embezzled money from his place of business, had an affair with his boss's wife, taken illegal drugs, and gave VD to his sister.

I was appalled, but as the days went on I came to realize that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of understanding and loving people."

Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and give his talk..........

"I'll never forget the first day our parish priest arrived in this parish," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honor of being the first one to go to him for confession."

Moral: DON'T EVER BE LATE!
-------------

Why do I post this story which I have just received from a friend? Because it illustrates why there might be things that we should not tell, and questions that a Christians should never answer, even if a reply is demanded.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »

[quote author=Gregory link=topic=698.msg10171#msg10171

By the way, The Boston area is a beautifu area.  At the request of the General Conference I spent 6 days there in May.  I had not visited Boston since about 1979.  Congratulations on living in a nice area.
[/quote]

And why did you not let me know you were here??? New Englanders become quite insulted when when foreigners come to town and don't allow at least one good meal at our table!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2008, 11:18:34 PM »

By the way, The Boston area is a beautifu area.  At the request of the General Conference I spent 6 days there in May.  I had not visited Boston since about 1979.  Congratulations on living in a nice area.

And why did you not let me know you were here??? New Englanders become quite insulted when when foreigners come to town and don't allow at least one good meal at our table!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
[/quote]

So, I'm wondering where "Sams" nice little reply post went to this post of Gailons....I have a copy of it, but don't see it here following yet. It's so nice, I sure hope it suddenly appears. If it doesn't, I'll be happy to bring it here and share it with everyone.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2008, 03:26:54 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy
[/quote]

Because there was not enough time in my schedule.  From dawn to dark I was involved in meetings and discussions with people regarding the issues that had brought me to the Boston area.  Sunday and Friday were travel days--a couple of the people stayed over the weekend to relax before they returned to their homes, I could not.  Some days stretched out to more than 12 hours.  Anyway it was worthwhile for the chruch leadership and I to meet with the local people for the purposes that had brought us together.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up