Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you hear the news?  (Read 56299 times)

Fair Havens

Re: Did you hear the news?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:21 AM »

A little disinformation to:

Fair Havens

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 05:39:25 AM »

There is plenty of sound in an empty barrel

A little disinformation to:

1.   Divert attention however ephemerally from DS on this board

2.   Divert AT posters to the Yahoo site

Purpose? Perhaps to gain a little respite  from the unrelenting 'respectful discussion of 3ABN issues" on this board.     

Just my opinion.  Mat. 18  notwithstanding. 

Eduard

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2008, 05:40:49 AM »

I read all the posts there, however, I still don\'t know what this great news is that is supposed to exonerate both Danny Shelton and 3ABN and make them as clean as a whistle?

All of you have been given the truth all along from those who have defended Dannny Shelton and 3ABN and sadly

none of you could discern that either.

"Child_of_God,"

So, you are the only one who knows the truth? You must be God Himself! Sorry for not paying attention!

Eduard

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 05:44:25 AM »

C/A weighs in. Only waiting for the approval to post the momentous news.Sounds as if you will have your answer
posted on C/A

http://www.clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/174866/3ABN#Post174866

Stan Jensen
 I doubt if he will return, as he was looking for a new President for 3 years or so..

Word on the street, says, there were a number of bogus charges.. It is true that people love and believe in a lie.

Many of us are supporters of Linda, and would wish 'they' would have put their energy into building her ministry. Instead, they have scared off other adventist media, and conferences from ever hiring her.

In my opinion, the 'Gregory, Joy, Pickle, Fran' team did her more damage for her career than her termination did. Just my opinion. not my kids, spouse, employer, pet rock and friends. HOWEVER my goldfish, says this is her opinion as well.
[/b]

#174949 - Today at 05:12 AM  Re: 3ABN [Re: Stan Jensen]  
Stan Jensen  
Carpe Diem!!!

Loc: 49.05° Lat- 122.3° Long  Am eagerly waiting the approval to post the vindication they had late this week

#174957 - Today at 06:24 AM  Re: 3ABN [Re: Stan Jensen]  
CyberGuy  

Loc: USA  From what I am reading the lawsuit that is all the talk on the other forums does not go to trial until April 2009. Unless they settled out of court?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 06:03:05 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Rosa

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 06:54:15 AM »

All of you have been given the truth all along from those who have defended Dannny Shelton and 3ABN and sadly none of you could discern that either.

"Child_of_God,"

So, you are the only one who knows the truth? You must be God Himself! Sorry for not paying attention!

Eduard

This post is actually a mild one compared to most, but I keep reading all your posts on this forum and going :huh:

I have come to the conclusion that they must represent the spirit of this forum and express the general consensus and way of thinking here as you just keep posting so rudely and so angrily without any objections or disagreement from the majority here.

Maybe this explains what's in the heart causing all of this?  Just click here

I think you need to lighten up a bit.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 06:58:21 AM by Rosa »

Eduard

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 07:08:05 AM »

"Rosa,"

You must be right about the consensus on this forum. I never liked arrogant hypocrites, and pseudochristians, and I never hesitated to tell them to their faces what they truly are. Common manners (of which you are not aware) refrain people from assuming the right to tutor people they don't know. You are not my mother, spouse, or anyone near. So, instead of PATRONIZING me, go to the the gang of your kind and spend your time with them. Good bye!

Eduard

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »

Oh, there is a reality check in the mail . . . but it isn't addressed to Sam or anyone at 3ABN . . . but will certainly give a clear picture of things . . .

We have been asked to "speculate" on the jubilation of SAM and group.

One is left to conclude that whatever it is that has so many excited about so little is clearly wanton or 3ABN would have already trumpeted the same in an official news release on their own website. Therefore, we will put our ears to the ground and see if we can hear hoof-beats that even begin to justify a handshake, let alone celebration.

1)The bad news is that Remnant has been ordered to produce and so 3ABN has scampered back to court to try once again to obstruct the production.

2)The good news is that at the last minute they filed a belated and wholely inappropriate motion to quash a subpoena to which they are not even parties to in Southern Illinois to prevent the production of the auditors paperwork. But it will be opposed and the law supports the production...that's the bad news.

3) ANd they have filed another motion just before they were to produce documents based on their own stipulation of June 11 requested way back in December 2007. So, we are left with a whole pile of BlackSDA production, Maritime Production and a few odds and ends declared "confidential" and designed to make it look like they are producing, when they are largely non-substantive responses yet again. Still nothing, nadya, nein, regarding the alledged allegations against Linda, to mention just one that we have been waiting for with "baited breathe".
And I would recommend you not "hold your breathe" waiting!!!

4) We have a Rule 11 issue pending that would seem a bit problematic for that new lawyer they are so excited about, Gregory Simpson. And of course that would probably lead to a formal compalint to the bar, but shouldn't be a problem for a man that sits on the ethics committee.

5) Judge Saylor extended the "ALL" Discovery pursuant to our Motion for Extention for another 90 days. Probably won't be the last!!!

I simply must be missing something, and I fear not even the Lord knows what, but there has just not been much good news, except a much bigger legal bill with Simpson charging three hundred ($300) dollars an hour to close all those leaking holes in the dyke!!! Maybe Peter or Hanzel would be more effective and cheaper!!!

Now, if 3ABN is "exonerated" why would they want to continue to block discovery essential to the question of "private inurement" and "director oversight" of the financial affairs? Seems as though they would be happy for us to have all that exonerating documentation; and I doubt we have asked for anything anywhere near the information that the IRS asked to look at.

In fact, Simpson recently addressed the IRS Investigation documentation in a ludicrous effort to prevent us from getting access to those records. They would have to eliminate the "per se" allegations to even get close to calling such records "Irrelevant"; then eliminate allegations relevant to private inurement; and don't forget eliminating the allegations relating to the board of directors, etc. 

And, ANYMAN has made it clear "it isn't addressed to Sam or anyone at 3ABN" so we must conclude the weight of the evidence weighs heavily against anything even close to an "exoneration" of the old Board or Danny Lee Shelton.

Although, one cannot eliminate the possibility that the board let Danny Lee Shelton audit himself and then wrote his own letter to the board "exonerating" all of them. Now that would be news worth a roll in the parking lot, or any available floor. Worthless, but hilarious.

Will keep you posted, but that is the view from here in the bunker!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

On the other hand:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3abnDefended/message/152

Eduard

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 07:15:24 AM »

"junebug,"

I obliged, and went to the website you have indicated to read the GREAT NEWS." Well, I have to say, I am indeed impressed!! To fill three pages with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING requires a very low IQ, and I am not used to be in the company of such people. So, I am learning!

I did not know that Danny Shelton had his own sect of brainwashed people who worship him, and are on call to do his dirty work. I hope all this "religion" will not end up with all his disciples somewhere in the bushes of Illionis drinking lethal stuff.

Eduard

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 07:23:34 AM »

There has been much speculation on the Internet over the past 48 hours in regard to some major development that has taken place that has proclaimed 3-ABN to be clean, whatever that means.  That is the issue:  No one knows exactly what is supposed to have happened.  In a real way anything that I can say about it is only speculative.

I have made attempts to find out what is going on yesterday and today.  My attempts have failed.  I do not have any authorative knowledge.  In some cases I have not been able to talk to the individual I had attempted to contact.  In other cases no response was given to me.
I was able to discuss some of this speculation with a SDA Attorney, this morning, who attends the same church I attend.  [NOTE:  For those who like to speculate, this was not the female attorney that some of you think has been highly involved.]  My comments here will reflect my thinking as well as some of the comments made to me by that attorney.

The thinking of people who have talked to me about what is being said on the Internet, as well  as how certain Internet posts have been understood is that this major development involved the Internal Revenue Service alleged investigation of 3-ABN.  While that may be accurate, it is also possible that this alleged development involves something not related in any way to the IRS.  As many seem to think that it does involve the IRS, I am going to comment on this alleged development from that standpoint.

First, I have been told that there could be several valid reasons why a major development has occurred and the specifics have not been published at this point.  I do not think that there is any value in speculating on possible reasons and therefore I am not going to comment further on this point.

I think that it would be well to consider the approach that the Internal Revenue Service often takes in an investigation.    While it may launch a criminal investigation [NOTE: I am not alleging that a criminal investigation has been launched against 3-ABN.] it often prefers to change the criminal investigation to a civil case.  It will often prefer to allow a civil case to become a negotiated settlement of the issues.  Once that settlement has been reached the organization is given a clean bill of health as all questions are resolved.

The settlement agreement between the IRS and the organization may be available to the general public.    Or, it may not be made available to the general public and it becomes a confidential document that is restricted in its distribution.  So, if the IRS and 3-ABN have reached a settlement agreement, is it now, or will it become, a public document available to the general public?  [NOTE:  Again, I do not make any claim as to whether or not the IRS has investigated 3-ABN.]

If this major development involves a decision by the IRS in regard to 3-ABN, and it may not, in my opinion the following are the possibilities:

1)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that 3-ABN has done nothing that warrants either criminal or civil sanctions. 

If this is the fact, this is a major development that is likely to have a major effect in the ongoing civil litigation.  I am not going to comment further on this at this time.  But, I will suggest that the importance of a ruling of this nature cannot be underestimated.

2)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that criminal action is not warranted, but civil action will occur. 

This could be a significant development.  But, it would be important in essence saying that mistakes were made but they were mistakes of ignorance and not of criminal intent.

3)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that neither criminal nor civil action is warranted.  Rather a settlement agreement took place. 

This would in essence be a statement to the fact that while mistakes may have made they were simple mistakes more of a type than can be commonly be made as people fill out the complex IRS documents.  In addition, it is likely that the settlement agreement may not allege that mistakes were actually made.  Rather, it may be a simple statement that without acknowledging any fault the IRS and 3-ABN have settled these issues.  A settlement agreement may not be used to assert proof of wrong doing. It may be nothing more than an agreement that resolves the issues.

So, where are we at this point in time?  We are not at any place where a definitive statement can be made.  For possibly valid reasons those with knowledge are not telling us what has happened.  They are telling us to wait and see.  Are they blowing wind?  I do not think so.  I think that a major development has happened.  I do not know what it is.  My post here is speculative.  I am simply waiting for further developments which I hope will tell us what has happened.

So is it safe to presume you don't know anything?
Most of your options don't make any sense when considering what has been posted on the Yahoo 3ABNdefended forum up till now.

On the other hand, the latest posts there make one of your options seem likely to be correct.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3abnDefended/message/149

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3abnDefended/message/151

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 07:28:12 AM »

"Rosa,"

You must be right about the consensus on this forum. I never liked arrogant hypocrites, and pseudochristians, and I never hesitated to tell them to their faces what they truly are. Common manners (of which you are not aware) refrain people from assuming the right to tutor people they don't know. You are not my mother, spouse, or anyone near. So, instead of PATRONIZING me, go to the the gang of your kind and spend your time with them. Good bye!

Eduard

"junebug,"

I obliged, and went to the website you have indicated to read the GREAT NEWS." Well, I have to say, I am indeed impressed!! To fill three pages with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING requires a very low IQ, and I am not used to be in the company of such people. So, I am learning!

I did not know that Danny Shelton had his own sect of brainwashed people who worship him, and are on call to do his dirty work. I hope all this "religion" will not end up with all his disciples somewhere in the bushes of Illionis drinking lethal stuff.

Eduard

Rosa,

After some consideration, It seems likely to me that someone has allowed their disgruntled adolescent to access the internet without supervision.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 07:56:10 AM »

If I did say precisely that, which will need to be verified, what has been shared here from C/A in relation to this topic is OK with me and is therefore an exception.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »

I think what Bonnie just posted is what I would have been basically what I had said, rather than disallowing the sharing of any posts from C/A here at A/T.

Eduard

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »

"Nosir Myzing,"

Would you be able to identify a Pronoun/Antecedent error in this small sentence you have written?

"After some consideration, It seems likely to me that someone has allowed their disgruntled adolescent to access the internet without supervision."

I guess not! Sorry, I am asking too much of you!

I have read ALL YOUR POSTS, and in my PROFESSIONAL opinion they are all lacking CONTENT. Do you know what this means? Probably not!

Eduard

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:12:15 AM by Eduard »

Maxey

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2008, 08:20:22 AM »

This seems to fit right here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MPBS7dVrE1U

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »

Just a personal note:

After I made my public statement that I was no longer working closely with Linda Shelton I was accused of selling out to 3-ABN and going over to the so-called enemy.

Now I am being accused of being part of a Joy, Pickle, Fran team that has attempted to destroy 3-ABN and in the process had destroyed Linda.

Folks, get your act together.  Decide what I am.

Perhaps since I am getting it from all sides right now I am actually in a good place.    :)      :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up