Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets go for a swim  (Read 5817 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Lets go for a swim
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

This proves man no longer has any sense. I have saw beavers do very big things to dam up water and display their talents too and not realize the farmer was ready to distroy. I voted No Thanks. That is quite shivering. I would not even take a free ticket.

GRAT

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »

That is really beautiful but for someone who does not like heights I don't think I would go near the edge even if it is safe.    :hot:

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »

Well, thats me too grat I get pain in my whole being just looking at it.

Emma

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »

I have been swimming in some totally OK inground pools in Singapore, think I might stick
to one of them if I am ever there again. ;D

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »

SWEETNESS! Too awesome!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »

lol, go for it George and hope no earthquake happens. What they really need to add is the "wave".  :ROFL:

edited for added thought about a big wave starting up there in the heavens. I have big imagination too. To stay off and away.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:53:31 PM by tinka »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

Being a Southern Cal boy, I love riding waves and earthquakes are nothing unusual here. Bring it on! Riding a wave that high up, or floating on a little rock and roll would be the ultimate.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »

Wow!!!  Can I come and watch, George?!!!  LOL!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

Holy cow.  :o
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »

Sometimes the ride is worth the hurt. Remember the video of the guy who rode the tsunami in on a board when it struck Tahiti (or wherever it was)?

Wow!!!  Can I come and watch, George?!!!  LOL!!!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »

the ride is worth the hurt.

I don't think this is normal christian evaluation for ones self thrill to destruction of hurt. How about life in general using this scenario? It's like jumping off the mountain, sky jumping, racing cars, racing cycles, mountain climbing, thrill seekers, (while some do it for the "money" ) for the thrill with no perception of outcome or value of your life for the "hurt"? Should we not protect God's assets? I mean after all He put a lot of "price" down for us. If we use the self thrill and enable our usefulness because of selfish "rides" in life for the Lord what else can we do and to what good but to "enjoy" the "hurt". Taking life so lightly in "lifess thrills" is "presumption" with no fear of outcome. Lot a stuff is so senseless, when so much to be done. I have always thought that I had no minutes to waste or tempt God with my life. I wonder....if some people get married under this philosophy. I would say that the majority of people that do that is  men...lol.  Watch this change the thread :purr:

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »

Tinka:  There is nothing like stepping out of an aircraft several thousand feet above ground to take your thoughts away from human achievement and focus them on some ultimate realities.

Frankly, it may be safer than it is for me to drive to work each morning.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »

Everything is good when there is necessary situations. War, survival, rescue, help, etc,etc. Then an only then is there reason the rest is self desires and waste of money for intertainment that is not necessary to the "thrill" and better use of funds. I do not see anything wrong for being trained to accomplish any of the above but not a sport for the unnecessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up