Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What are Linda Shelton's Scheduled Appearances for Summer and Fall, 2008?  (Read 28029 times)

GrandmaNettie

I was just reminiscing with a friend this evening about the various appearances Linda Shelton made last over the past year and that got us to wondering what her schedule for this summer and fall might be.

From all reports, her 2007 appearance at the OH campmeeting was well received.  I was witness to her appearances in Santa Rosa, CA, in July, 2007.  There, she ministered in a women's shelter and also sang and presented her testimony in concerts on two separate nights. I heard good things from Johann about her Kentucky concerts and then, the pastor's wife in Richmond, CA, raved about her appearance in the Clear Lake, CA area.  We didn't hear much in the way of further reports of ministry events until her controversial presentation this past April in Walla Walla.  BTW, has anyone found recordings of that appearance yet?  I know some here have expressed an interest in seeing such.  Then we heard, again from Johann, about Linda's appearance in Florida last month.

Campmeeting season is upon us.  I went to Linda's website to check to see if she was scheduled to appear at any of the campmeetings and was rather surprised to find that there is neither a calendar nor a list of scheduled events.

I recall Gailon posting recently of the importance of Linda getting on with her life by getting back out there into ministry.  Does anyone know where her schedule might be found or what her schedule is? 
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

I was just reminiscing with a friend this evening about the various appearances Linda Shelton made last over the past year and that got us to wondering what her schedule for this summer and fall might be.

From all reports, her 2007 appearance at the OH campmeeting was well received.  I was witness to her appearances in Santa Rosa, CA, in July, 2007.  There, she ministered in a women's shelter and also sang and presented her testimony in concerts on two separate nights. I heard good things from Johann about her Kentucky concerts and then, the pastor's wife in Richmond, CA, raved about her appearance in the Clear Lake, CA area.  We didn't hear much in the way of further reports of ministry events until her controversial presentation this past April in Walla Walla.  BTW, has anyone found recordings of that appearance yet?  I know some here have expressed an interest in seeing such.  Then we heard, again from Johann, about Linda's appearance in Florida last month.

Campmeeting season is upon us.  I went to Linda's website to check to see if she was scheduled to appear at any of the campmeetings and was rather surprised to find that there is neither a calendar nor a list of scheduled events.

I recall Gailon posting recently of the importance of Linda getting on with her life by getting back out there into ministry.  Does anyone know where her schedule might be found or what her schedule is? 

Exactly what was controversial about Linda Shelton's presentation in Walla Walla, GrandmaNettie?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

GrandmaNettie

Exactly what was controversial about Linda Shelton's presentation in Walla Walla, GrandmaNettie?
As I recall from Gailon's post, the very fact that she was asked to be a part of the program sparked quite a controversy.  Sorry if I worded that sentence poorly.  I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that she said anything controversial.  I, like others, would like to hear what she did say.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

GrandmaNettie

In keeping with Daryl Fawcett's new Forum Rule #13,

13 - You agree to stay within the boundaries, if stated, by the creator of a topic/thread.

as the creator of this thread, I wish to keep the discussion focused on Linda Shelton's scheduled appearances. 

Does anyone know if there are any appearances scheduled in the Summer and Fall?  How about 2009?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Johann

With all the opposition Linda has had to experience in connection with her recent concerts she might not be revealing much of her schedule ahead of time.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member

I was thinking exactly the same thing, Johann.

I hear there is good money in the fishing rod business...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:29:45 PM by Snoopy »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

:ROFL:

anyman

You know Johann, maybe it's not that she has experienced opposition, but rather that she isn't in a place where she can talk about a schedule. You know, some people tend to run and hide when the rubber meets the road . . . or they take the road out of dodge.

With all the opposition Linda has had to experience in connection with her recent concerts she might not be revealing much of her schedule ahead of time.

GrandmaNettie

I think most here have read the reports in the 3abn Other threads, and are aware that there have been incidences of opposition to Linda's appearances.  Not revealing her schedule, though, must make it very difficult to advertise for specific concerts and seems it would have an awful impact on her building her ministry.  If you are correct, Johann, and this is the case, I guess the opposition tactics have been successful...and that seems rather sad.

Snoopy, Artiste, a gentle reminder.  Daryl, just today, created Forum Rule #13.  In accordance with that new rule, I did state, as the creator of this topic, that I wanted the discussion to stay on topic.  The topic is Linda's appearance schedule, not the sale of fishing rods.

-edited to correct incorrect word-
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:55:16 PM by GrandmaNettie »
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Sam

You know Johann, maybe it's not that she has experienced opposition, but rather that she isn't in a place where she can talk about a schedule. You know, some people tend to run and hide when the rubber meets the road . . . or they take the road out of dodge.

Yes I also heard something along those lines. One can't run forever.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

SAM,

I hear there is a collission just ahead...head to head, out front and in the public forum, just where you want it!!! Should add significantly to the newsmaking!!!

Actually, I take the view that Linda should post every event well in advance and let those miscreants called 3ABN directors interfere the more. Creates a great basis for damage claims. I just love documented damages claims against Millionaires, now, don't you???

It so levels the playing field to have millionaires interfering in contractural relationships, slandering and defaming a 3ABN founder, and then have to pay for their arrogance!!!

POETIC JUSTICE...so, tell Linda to keep on posting as it will give us the more to investigate and report. The stockholders just love hearing about these shananigans!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

On the topic of Linda's appearance schedule and considering the two posts above, I would have to say that her concert and speaking appearances indicate that she is neither running nor hiding.

Habanero

Artiste, some people achieve a certain delight and satisfaction in feeling that they have caused a person to run or hide. It give them a feeling of power and fulfillment. If by their words they can subjugate the life of another and by virtue of speaking those words they are able to create "right" out of wrong, they have achieved the god-like power of creation through speech. To see their victim running and trying to hide would lend credence to this word-created reality in their minds and they require that. Someone once said "through forceful repetition lies become the truth."

On the topic of Linda's appearance schedule and considering the two posts above, I would have to say that her concert and speaking appearances indicate that she is neither running nor hiding.

GrandmaNettie

Artiste, are you speaking of past concert and speaking appearances or present/future ones?
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

GrandmaNettie

So true, Habanero.  Along side our actions, our words can be used as a powerful force for either good or evil.  Each of us must choose whether our words will encourage, edify and strengthen others or be used to discourage, belittle or tear down another in an attempt to control.  It doesn't take much in the way of mental gymnastics to figure out which words would be acceptable in our Redeemer's eyes.

It is my opinion that in His eyes, no matter how oft repeated or even believed, lies never become truth.

Artiste, some people achieve a certain delight and satisfaction in feeling that they have caused a person to run or hide. It give them a feeling of power and fulfillment. If by their words they can subjugate the life of another and by virtue of speaking those words they are able to create "right" out of wrong, they have achieved the god-like power of creation through speech. To see their victim running and trying to hide would lend credence to this word-created reality in their minds and they require that. Someone once said "through forceful repetition lies become the truth."

Gailon, I agree.  Linda should keep her ministry events well publicized.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up