Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton  (Read 35922 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Linda Shelton
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 02:48:15 PM »

In fact, rumor has it that at least one of Linda's inner circle were of a similar feeling. They seem to have had the premise that Linda still had not healed from the psychological abuse of 20 years with Danny Lee Shelton and should take time and avoid conflict while she received extensive counselling and acheived healing.

I am of the camp that says healing comes by focusing on ministry and getting going again.

Now, I rather doubt that the dark side thought of it in any of these terms. They just were determined to stop her from ministry...after all she is the source of all 3ABN's problems, therefore, she must be stopped before she is allowed to do further damage to the "Lord's Annointed".

Gailon Arthur Joy

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:10:36 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Johann

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »

Can one wonder who is the Lord's "annointed"?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »

In fact, rumor has it that at least one of Linda's inner circle were of a similar feeling. They seem to have had the premise that Linda still had not healed from the psychological abuse of 20 years with Danny Lee Shelton and should take time and avoid conflict while she received extensive counselling and acheived healing.

I am of the camp that says healing comes by focussing on ministry and getting going again.

Now, I rather doubt that the dark side thought of it in any of these terms. They just were determined to stop her from ministry...after all she is the source of all 3ABN's problems, therefore, she must be stopped before she is allowed to do further damage to the "Lord's Annointed".

Gailon Arthur Joy

Amen. It has been my experience that many times when someone says, "You need counseling" they really mean "You need to talk to someone who can convince you to see it my way." I agree that Linda's best healing will come from doing what God has called her to do, and letting Him work healing in her life.

My prayers are with all who are involved in this.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »

I am of the camp that says healing comes by focussing on ministry and getting going again.

Gailon Arthur Joy

I think that focusing on ministry would be the best antidote for abuse also.

Can it be that the constituents of the "dark side" have been convinced by the "annointed one" that Linda Shelton is the source of their problems?

I find it hard to believe that thinking people who have bothered to look into the situation at all would think that she had any part in doing something against them...only that they caused the problem themselves by what they did to her.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »

It's what was done to Linda that opened up my eyes to the fact that something was rotten in the state of Denmark, to loosly quote something from Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

It's what was done to Linda that opened up my eyes to the fact that something was rotten in the state of Denmark, to loosly quote something from Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Oh, my...quoting Shakespeare...did you know that in cultish 3ABN circles that crosses the line? You may be determined to be in the Linda Camp!!! May the faggot and the rack be your punishment!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 05:24:25 PM »

I think that focusing on ministry would be the best antidote for abuse also.

Can it be that the constituents of the "dark side" have been convinced by the "annointed one" that Linda Shelton is the source of their problems?

I find it hard to believe that thinking people who have bothered to look into the situation at all would think that she had any part in doing something against them...only that they caused the problem themselves by what they did to her. 

:amen:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

Oh, my...quoting Shakespeare...did you know that in cultish 3ABN circles that crosses the line? You may be determined to be in the Linda Camp!!! May the faggot and the rack be your punishment!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

:ROFL:  :hamster: :ROFL:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »

Not Denmark. Little Egypt. Should be a world of difference.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »

For those who don't know, they think southern IL got the name Little Egypt after I think 1831, when crops failed big time because of cold weather. Frosts in May and a killing frost in September.

Folks traveling to southern IL after that to buy corn knew their Bibles and said that they were going down to Egypt, like Jacob's sons. The name stuck.

The city of Cairo on the IL/KY border was built later, they say.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »

For those who don't know, they think southern IL got the name Little Egypt after I think 1831, when crops failed big time because of cold weather. Frosts in May and a killing frost in September.

Folks traveling to southern IL after that to buy corn knew their Bibles and said that they were going down to Egypt, like Jacob's sons. The name stuck.

The city of Cairo on the IL/KY border was built later, they say.

And so, Is Thompsonville a little Jerusalem?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »

"August 3, 1861, I was shown that some have feared that our churches would become Babylon if they should organize; but those in central New York have been perfect Babylon, confusion." (1T 270)

Of course, the term "Babylon" primarily refers to systems that teach particular doctrines, but it is interesting that Adventist churches in New York were so full of confusion that Ellen White applied the term as an adjective to those churches.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »

And how did we get from the Nile to the Euphrates...is Thompsonville that confusing? Now, if one is headed Up the Nile Southbound, to get to the Euphrates one would have to take a Left turn. Is that what happened here?

Good grief, do you have any idea what happened to Babylon? The implications are profound.

Gailon Arthur Joy

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »

I agree that Linda's best healing will come from doing what God has called her to do, and letting Him work healing in her life.

My prayers are with all who are involved in this.
And I agree with both of you. May God be with Linda!  :praying:
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

countrymouse

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »

Has Linda had any invites lately to sing anywhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up