Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: www.save3abn.com  (Read 13205 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
www.save3abn.com
« on: May 21, 2008, 05:45:17 PM »

While reviewing some of the posts at BSDA today, I discovered that the domain www.save3abn.com now takes the user to the official 3ABN website.  Guess that's what they got for $5,000!!  So, anyone trying to access references over there that were intended to take them to the ORIGINAL www.save3abn.com website do not get there.  For you techies out there, is there anyway to change those references to insert the "-" so that readers who are trying to trace this saga can be directed to the www.save-3ABN.com website?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: www.save3abn.com
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 06:39:45 PM »

In the same way they were corrected at the Maritime forum, they can also be corrected there by the whosoever will.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »

While reviewing some of the posts at BSDA today, I discovered that the domain www.save3abn.com now takes the user to the official 3ABN website.  Guess that's what they got for $5,000!!  So, anyone trying to access references over there that were intended to take them to the ORIGINAL www.save3abn.com website do not get there.  For you techies out there, is there anyway to change those references to insert the "-" so that readers who are trying to trace this saga can be directed to the www.save-3ABN.com website?

Yes, there is a highly technical solution, tell Calvin and he CAN change it, if HE wants to.

By the way, anyone know if Calvin was served again? And if so, what has he done about it?

Gailon Arthur Joy

anyman

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

Oh give it up. If it happend you know about it. I am sure you call daily to check and see what the status is. After all isn't this attack on 3ABN the only gig you have going?

Yes, there is a highly technical solution, tell Calvin and he CAN change it, if HE wants to.

By the way, anyone know if Calvin was served again? And if so, what has he done about it?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »

Oh give it up. If it happend you know about it. I am sure you call daily to check and see what the status is. After all isn't this attack on 3ABN the only gig you have going?

[quote author=Gailon Arthur Joy link=topic=462.msg5627#msg5627

Gailon Arthur Joy
[/quote]

Pardon me?

GIG...you know, I had to look that one up:

Per Merriam Webster-
gig
9 entries found.
 gig[1,noun]gig[2,intransitive verb]gig[3,noun]gig[4,verb]gig[5,noun]gig[6,intransitive verb]gig[7,noun]gig[8,transitive verb]gig[9,noun] 

Main Entry: 1gig 
Pronunciation: \?gig\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English -gyge (in whyrlegyge whirligig), of unknown origin
Date: 1570
1: something that whirls or is whirled: as aobsolete : top, whirligig b: a 3-digit selection in a numbers game
2: a person of odd or grotesque appearance
3 a: a long light ship's boat b: a rowboat designed for speed rather than for work
4: a light 2-wheeled one-horse carriage

Could you explain just which of these applies so I can respond?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:24 PM »

OK - I started this thread to ask a simple question.  Let's either talk about my question, or leave this one alone!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Pardon me?

Per Merriam Webster-
gig
9 entries found.
 gig[1,noun]gig[2,intransitive verb]gig[3,noun]gig[4,verb]gig[5,noun]gig[6,intransitive verb]gig[7,noun]gig[8,transitive verb]gig[9,noun] 

1: something that whirls or is whirled: as aobsolete : top, whirligig b: a 3-digit selection in a numbers game
3 a: a long light ship's boat b: a rowboat designed for speed rather than for work

Gailon Arthur Joy

[/quote]

anyman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »

Okay, gotcha Snoopy.

OK - I started this thread to ask a simple question.  Let's either talk about my question, or leave this one alone!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Pardon me?

Per Merriam Webster-
gig
9 entries found.

Gailon Arthur Joy

[/quote]

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

Ah, saved by the bell...now can you provide a better response to the question posed by the Lead Poster?

GAJ
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:31:59 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »

You mean the question in OP, right??

Ah, saved by the bell...now can you provide a response to the question?

GAJ

Sam

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »

Are you trying to get people in trouble? Of course nothing can be changed. 3abn owns it.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »

Thanks for that chuckle!!  Go back and check "gullible" in the dictionary.  3ABN may own the DOMAIN name, but they have NO control over any LINKS to it!!!     :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Are you trying to get people in trouble? Of course nothing can be changed. 3abn owns it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up