Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN/Danny Shelton send a 7th lawyer into the fray.  (Read 17575 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
3ABN/Danny Shelton send a 7th lawyer into the fray.
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:29:19 PM »

7th lawyer not counting the lawyers involved in the bankruptcy, the IRS criminal investigation, Danny's divorce proceedings, or the property tax case.

Gregory Simpson of Siegel Brill has asked the court in Massachusetts to appear pro hac vice in the lawsuit.

But why do they need a 7th attorney? What could be the reason?

And how much donor money is 3ABN/DLS going to spend on all of this?

And is DLS paying for his portion of the legal expenses?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN/Danny Shelton send a 7th lawyer into the fray.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »

Maybe he's joining the team to help get the subpoenas right...

7th lawyer not counting the lawyers involved in the bankruptcy, the IRS criminal investigation, Danny's divorce proceedings, or the property tax case.

Gregory Simpson of Siegel Brill has asked the court in Massachusetts to appear pro hac vice in the lawsuit.

anyman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

Maybe the firm has a large case load and they need some help meeting their load. This post is like all your others it is written to try and make insinuations and place doubt in peoples thinking so you can look good and they can look bad. According to the internet Pro hac vice, is latin for "for this occasion" or "for this event," sounds like they just need some help. Your insatiable desire for controversy and wonrg doing is unbelieveable at times.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »

Yes, they do need some help all right!!  Anyman - I agree with you!!  Woohoo!!

Maybe the firm has a large case load and they need some help meeting their load. This post is like all your others it is written to try and make insinuations and place doubt in peoples thinking so you can look good and they can look bad. According to the internet Pro hac vice, is latin for "for this occasion" or "for this event," sounds like they just need some help. Your insatiable desire for controversy and wonrg doing is unbelieveable at times.

anyman

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »

Oh nice spin Ms Snoopy but your return could be out of bounds. Of course you know that I didn't mean it the way you are trying to make it look, I know you are smarter than that. Hey did you ever consider that it is just a way to ensure the case continues at a lower cost to any benefactor(s) who are paying the law firms charges. Look at it a local attorney who can handle things with out travel. Smart move to make sure their is cost savings to 3ABN.

Yes, they do need some help all right!!  Anyman - I agree with you!!  Woohoo!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

Why thanks, Mr. Anyman!!  But I'm curious...if this new attorney is from the Minneapolis law firm of Siegel Brill, just what is it you think he is local to??

Oh nice spin Ms Snoopy but your return could be out of bounds. Of course you know that I didn't mean it the way you are trying to make it look, I know you are smarter than that. Hey did you ever consider that it is just a way to ensure the case continues at a lower cost to any benefactor(s) who are paying the law firms charges. Look at it a local attorney who can handle things with out travel. Smart move to make sure their is cost savings to 3ABN.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:19:54 PM by Snoopy »

anyman

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

Hey what do you think about the other stuff in my post, any thoughts on the possibilities or are you just going to ignore them? At least tell me you are going to ignore them. As to yous what makes you think he isn't?

Why thanks, Mr. Anyman!!  But I'm curious...if this new attorney is from the Minneapolis law firm of Siegel Brill, just what is you think he is local to??

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:  Thanks for the chuckle, anyman!!

Well, lets see.  Because he is listed as an attorney at Siegel Brill's website - here's the link for you:

http://www.siegelbrill.com/index.html

In case you don't want to look for yourself, their address is:

Siegel, Brill, Greupner, Duffy & Foster, P.A.
1300 Washington Square
100 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55401

And, in case you don't believe that, here is the info given for Mr. Simpson:

M. Gregory Simpson
Shareholder
gregsimpson@sbgdf.com
download v-card
EDUCATION

University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1989, Minnesota Law Review
Reed College, BA, 1984.

PRACTICE AREAS

Employment Law
Construction Law
Litigation
Business Law
Insurance Coverage and Premium Disputes

MEMBERSHIPS/LICENSES

Licensed in all Minnesota state and federal courts.
Minnesota State Bar Association
Hennepin County Bar Association

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

Active as chair and treasurer of two neighborhood organizations.

ACHIEVEMENTS/PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTION

Rated as “AV” lawyer by Martindale Hubbell’s peer rating process for legal ability and ethical standards —highest possible distinction.
Hennepin County Bar Association Ethics Committee, 1997 – 2003,
2004-present.
Judicial Clerk for Hon. Marianne D. Short, Minnesota Court of Appeals,
1989-90.

What else would you like me to comment on?

Hey what do you think about the other stuff in my post, any thoughts on the possibilities or are you just going to ignore them? At least tell me you are going to ignore them. As to yous what makes you think he isn't?

Why thanks, Mr. Anyman!!  But I'm curious...if this new attorney is from the Minneapolis law firm of Siegel Brill, just what is you think he is local to??

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:21:28 PM by Snoopy »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »

Well, lets see.  Because he is listed as an attorney at Siegel Brill's website - here's the link for you:

1300 Washington Square
Minneapolis, MN  55401

M. Gregory Simpson
Shareholder
gregsimpson@sbgdf.com
download v-card
EDUCATION

Reed College, BA, 1984.

PRACTICE AREAS

Employment Law
Construction Law
Litigation
Business Law

MEMBERSHIPS/LICENSES

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

Rated as “AV” lawyer by Martindale Hubbell’s peer rating process for legal ability and ethical standards —highest possible distinction.
2004-present.
1989-90.

\

How about his case managment history, particularly in the Appellate court?

Perhaps ANYMAN could enlighten us here?

Is it more likely they are sending another in because of the "obvious conflict" in  the action captioned Joy vs 3ABN et al, including some of the lawyers?

Gailon Arthur Joy

anyman

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »

Yada, yada, yada. The point still stands. You have no idea why this lawyer has been added to the case and you are only trying to make something of nothing - but then that is your chosen way of operating isn't it. The words by Mr. Pickle back there were jsut intended to try and stir up controversy where none existed. Controversy is like a drug to yall cause you can't live with out it. Its your caffenine and this is your daily cup o joe. You better be thinking down the road than right now but that probably hasn't dawned on you. A day late and a dollar short?

1300 Washington Square
Minneapolis, MN  55401

M. Gregory Simpson
Shareholder
gregsimpson@sbgdf.com
download v-card
EDUCATION

Reed College, BA, 1984.

PRACTICE AREAS

Employment Law
Construction Law
Litigation
Business Law

MEMBERSHIPS/LICENSES

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

2004-present.
1989-90.

\

How about his case managment history, particularly in the Appellate court?

Perhaps ANYMAN could enlighten us here?

Is it more likely they are sending another in because of the "obvious conflict" in  the action captioned Joy vs 3ABN et al, including some of the lawyers?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 05:13:42 PM »

Wasn't that the original question anyman??  Until you came bounding through telling us how this new attorney from MINNESOTA was LOCAL to MASSACHUSETTS???

Yada, yada, yada. The point still stands. You have no idea why this lawyer has been added to the case and you are only trying to make something of nothing - but then that is your chosen way of operating isn't it. The words by Mr. Pickle back there were jsut intended to try and stir up controversy where none existed. Controversy is like a drug to yall cause you can't live with out it. Its your caffenine and this is your daily cup o joe. You better be thinking down the road than right now but that probably hasn't dawned on you. A day late and a dollar short?

anyman

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »

Oh man and there in lies your tendency to just make stuff up. I suggested possible answers to Mr. Pickles posting. I didn't tell you anything., didn't tell you that anything was a fact, didn't tell you that I knew for sure, just suggested some options. But of course you didn't want that to remain in the discussion so you went on a bird walk. Oh yea, let me repeat myself at the expense of being redundant, Hey what do you think about the other stuff in my post, any thoughts on the possibilities or are you just going to ignore them? At least tell me you are going to ignore them. So to make this crystal clear, I didn't tell you anything, I made a suggestion that the angle being taken by Mr. Pickle and others - that includes you - was just a weak attempt to make a mountain out of a tiny dirt pile.

Wasn't that the original question anyman??  Until you came bounding through telling us how this new attorney from MINNESOTA was LOCAL to MASSACHUSETTS???

Ozzie

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »

Well, as you're so close to DS and 3abn, you would know their reasoning, no doubt.  :oops: Glad that you could clarify that point for us.  :TY: So much of the benefactor's monies have already gone into propping up this case against their brethren.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

anyman

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »

Lets see so much to deal with. First Joy and Pickle have proven they are not the brethern by their fruits. Next I am a long long way from Danny and 3ABN. Next after that, if I could know what they were thinking then I should buy  lottery ticket and win a million dollars cause I can read peoples minds. Wondering where I said I was "so" close as you put it - just another attempt at manipulation and spinning on your part Ozzy. Why don't you add something to discussion instead of just saying the same thing Mr. Pickle or Mr. joy say - just less effectively.

Well, as you're so close to DS and 3abn, you would know their reasoning, no doubt.  :oops: Glad that you could clarify that point for us.  :TY: So much of the benefactor's monies have already gone into propping up this case against their brethren.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »

Anyman, I didn't take any angle. I simply asked three questions:

Nothing wrong with those questions. No spin. Just valid questions.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up