Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end  (Read 41667 times)

Mary Sue Smith

Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end
« on: May 30, 2008, 07:07:12 AM »

Wednesday was the first meeting and 3ABN broke a record on the number of people there, over 1000 on the first night! They expect 1800 by Sabbath.  I'd say there are a lot of full motels in the area.

Danny Shelton opened the meeting with a few songs with the audience, then he introduced his sister and her husband, Tammy and Bruce Chance who presented a check to him for their work for 3ABN in the amount of $215,000. It was exciting to see how God has blessed their work.

Several people sang, then Danny introduced Jim Gilley who introduced the speaker for the evening.

Thursday night was a question/answer period with a panel of men: Elder Stephen Bohr/John Lomecang/Elder Tucker from the Quiet Hour/Elder Kenneth Cox/David Asshereck (sp?)/C.A. Murray and a few others.  God has blessed with Godly men who know their Bibles well.

I really look forward to this week-end of meetings. I know God is going to bless abundantly!!

I want to encourage everyone to watch these meetings.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »

Junebug,

How come the morality at 3ABN is at such a low level that they had Danny and Tammy both on the first night? Isn't that a bit brazen?

What was this about a check for $215,000? Where did that come from? Who wrote the check? Who was it made out to? Where did the funds come from?

=edited to remove one paragraph=
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:09:20 PM by Artiste »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »

You know, Bob, you raise some great questions!  Was this check supposed to represent e-bay proceeds?  I would have expected proceeds from e-bay transactions to go directly into a 3ABN controlled account, subject to 3ABN reconciliation processes and 3ABN audits.  So why would there be a need for a check to be written?  This implies that these proceeds are being directed into a third-party account and then disbursed to 3ABN via a check.  I wonder who audits that?  What assurance is given that ALL the money is disbursed to 3ABN?

Junebug,

How come the morality at 3ABN is at such a low level that they had Danny and Tammy both on the first night? Isn't that a bit brazen?

What was this about a check for $215,000? Where did that come from? Who wrote the check? Who was it made out to? Where did the funds come from?

=edited to remove one paragraph of quote=
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:10:30 PM by Artiste »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

Naw, thanks anyway.  There is enough hypocrisy in life without getting to watch it on Adventist non-denominational television.  I did hear from someone who watched, though, that there was a panel discussion on divorce with Danny sitting right there...     :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Wednesday was the first meeting and 3ABN broke a record on the number of people there, over 1000 on the first night! They expect 1800 by Sabbath.  I'd say there are a lot of full motels in the area.

Danny Shelton opened the meeting with a few songs with the audience, then he introduced his sister and her husband, Tammy and Bruce Chance who presented a check to him for their work for 3ABN in the amount of $215,000. It was exciting to see how God has blessed their work.

Several people sang, then Danny introduced Jim Gilley who introduced the speaker for the evening.

Thursday night was a question/answer period with a panel of men: Elder Stephen Bohr/John Lomecang/Elder Tucker from the Quiet Hour/Elder Kenneth Cox/David Asshereck (sp?)/C.A. Murray and a few others.  God has blessed with Godly men who know their Bibles well.

I really look forward to this week-end of meetings. I know God is going to bless abundantly!!

I want to encourage everyone to watch these meetings.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »

Not necessarily. Maybe she has repented, if she has something to repent about.

But Danny knows this has recently become an issue. What he has done in the past is parade the accused in front of the cameras as if there wasn't anything wrong in the world, which makes people think that there can't be anything wrong, because surely if there had been something wrong then Danny wouldn't do that.

Think back if you will to the Aug. 10, 2006, broadcast in which they all said they wouldn't defend themselves while they did exactly that. How many times has Danny ranted against networks begging for money and then done exactly that. In Channel of Blessing he even says on page 93, "Never again did I consider myself more important than anyone else nor brag about anything I might have accomplished." Then when he does it you know he didn't do it, because  how could he really be doing it if he just told you he's never done it since he was in little league?

And remember the MAP Seminar, how Tommy was taking heat online, and Danny used him at the MAP Seminar, and hijacked a bit of the program to make a case why he should still be at 3ABN.

So of course Tammy may have repented, if she has something to repent about. But why have her out there on opening night like that? And was the check having to do with eBay? Was that a signal that everything has to be all right with the eBay sales? Why use opening night to try to deflect criticism in this manner instead of truly answering people's questions? And that's been my concern from the beginning: No questions answered, just psycho techniques to get people to stop asking questions.

If Danny and Tammy could be on stage last night for a program that leads into programs dedicated to the 10 Commandments, why couldn't Linda? That's my basic question.

=edited=
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:12:00 PM by Artiste »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »

A year and a half ago I was wondering why Linda was axed in 2004 if Tommy wasn't in 2003 and Melody wasn't in 2005. That huge discrepancy made me think that Danny didn't get rid of Linda over allegations involving a moral question.

And Junebug's report just causes all the old questions to resurface. If Danny wasn't axed for divorcing his wife on non-biblical grounds in 2004, and if Tammy wasn't axed whenever for whatever, why was Linda axed? It doesn't make any sense to me. And why isn't she invited back? Why doesn't Danny invite her on the platform opening night? What great sin has she committed and never repented of, greater than the sins of those who cast the stones?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »

Did you ever look up 3ABN ebay sales
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »

A little bit. Not much.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »

Does Tammy Chance have something to do with ebay sales?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »

A year and a half ago I was wondering why Linda was axed in 2004 if Tommy wasn't in 2003 and Melody wasn't in 2005. That huge discrepancy made me think that Danny didn't get rid of Linda over allegations involving a moral question.

And Junebug's report just causes all the old questions to resurface. If Danny wasn't axed for divorcing his wife on non-biblical grounds in 2004, and if Tammy wasn't axed whenever for whatever, why was Linda axed? It doesn't make any sense to me. And why isn't she invited back? Why doesn't Danny invite her on the platform opening night? What great sin has she committed and never repented of, greater than the sins of those who cast the stones?

Those all sound like good questions.

Do the various confirmed and alleged actions of Danny, Tommy, Tammy, and Melody (among other members of the family) constitute reason to believe that most of the Shelton family have an underlying and long term problem with morality issues?

If this were true, what would it mean for 3ABN? 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

A little bit. Not much.

Does anyone have the user id of 3ABN on ebay
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »

3ABN e-Bay sales!   Oh what a story!  Why a separate check?  That is a VERY GOOD question.  I think the IRS already knows about their problems in the past! 

In April or May, 2006, Tammy Shelton-Chance announced they had sold $2.4 million since February!  Income is really down!  However, there will be the barn sale at the end of the Sabbath and Sunday.  Maybe that sale will garner much more income for this year.  It still won't beat what they reported in May, 2006.

Has anyone ever looked at what is sold on 3ABN eBay?  Last year they finally admitted, on the air, that other sellers are selling for them.  A fact denied up to that date!  Others have been selling for 3ABN for years.  Where did the money go?

I believe I better be quiet.  Sabbath is coming on.  I would like to wish everybody a happy Sabbath.  I love you all!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »

Oh yes!  don_3abn.  The name of the store, after many, many, many changes trying to drop off past feedback, is now 3 ANGELS GIFT SHOP.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »

Oh yes!  don_3abn.  The name of the store, after many, many, many changes trying to drop off past feedback, is now 3 ANGELS GIFT SHOP.

What would be the purpose of dropping off feedback, unless it is really bad. How bad can the feedback be in dealing with books?? Or do they sell other stuff

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »

What would be the purpose of dropping off feedback, unless it is really bad. How bad can the feedback be in dealing with books?? Or do they sell other stuff

Out of curiosity I checked 3 ABN out. This is what the promo says. Suprised so many donations to keep an ebay store stocked

We are a television ministry that receives a wide variety of items from our viewers that want to support this ministry. We sell coins, handmade items, pottery, china, silverware,dolls and so much more. We add to our inventory and auctions several times a week so shop with us for fantastic deals!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up