Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end  (Read 41669 times)

Habanero

Re: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »

If the limelight is one's own family business, the can shine it wherever they want. Thats when.
http://www.3abncampmeeting.org/index.html shows rotating pictures of Jim Gilley, Ken Cox, and Danny Shelton.

Thus 3ABN is sending a very clear signal that it is business at usual at 3ABN, and that they have thrown ethics to the wind.

When in the history of the Seventh-day Adventist Church have we ever seen the like, when someone gets caught red-handed doing so many things contrary to our faith, standards, and principles, and he still is in the limelight? When?

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19:14 AM »

If the limelight is one's own family business, the can shine it wherever they want. Thats when.
http://www.3abncampmeeting.org/index.html shows rotating pictures of Jim Gilley, Ken Cox, and Danny Shelton.

Thus 3ABN is sending a very clear signal that it is business at usual at 3ABN, and that they have thrown ethics to the wind.

When in the history of the Seventh-day Adventist Church have we ever seen the like, when someone gets caught red-handed doing so many things contrary to our faith, standards, and principles, and he still is in the limelight? When?

Exactly.
I think that light is blinding them, the BOD and those that continue to look the other way at the whole situation.
It's ok though, because eventually that light burns out, and the true light reveals what's really there.
This clearly isn't the SDA church - this is a independent ministry that takes support and money from members of the SDA church, as well as those not in the SDA church. Everyones money works the same.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Habanero

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »

I don't know bout that. Word on the street is that the BOD came within one vote of a firing a couple of weeks ago. Things could be changing. As for being a "ministry" in the tax case the court called it a family commercial enterprise.
Exactly.
I think that light is blinding them, the BOD and those that continue to look the other way at the whole situation.
It's ok though, because eventually that light burns out, and the true light reveals what's really there.
This clearly isn't the SDA church - this is a independent ministry that takes support and money from members of the SDA church, as well as those not in the SDA church. Everyones money works the same.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »

I don't know bout that. Word on the street is that the BOD came within one vote of a firing a couple of weeks ago. Things could be changing. As for being a "ministry" in the tax case the court called it a family commercial enterprise.
Exactly.

Yes, I have heard that word on the street too about the one vote away - wonder who's vote kept saved him?
And yes, I know that the "ministry" is considered a family commercial enterprise, but look at all those who don't know, and see it another way.
People really should do their homework, if they want to know.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 10:37:51 AM »

I wonder who is leaking this information.  Obviously somebody on the board is talkin...

Yes, I have heard that word on the street too about the one vote away - wonder who's vote kept saved him?
And yes, I know that the "ministry" is considered a family commercial enterprise, but look at all those who don't know, and see it another way.
People really should do their homework, if they want to know.

Mary Sue Smith

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »

Whoever is "leaking" information to you is wrong--the board had no such type of vote.  Your informant is pulling your leg or relying on gossip.

The problems you perceive of 3ABN are within your own minds and imaginations.  If you can find something (anything! anything! anything!) in which to make 3ABN or Danny Shelton and his family look bad, you will believe it. Does that make it the truth? Nah, of course not. 

The Ten Commandment week-end of meetings has been a blast. God has blessed 3ABN so much. I hope all of you are watching for a blessing rather than  trying to find something in which to hang your poor imaginations on.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »

Well I guess if you know that you must be a boardmember then Junebug.  What else can you tell us?

I watched David Asscherick speak on the 7th commandment and wondered Danny was listening or out for a walk...  I sure didn't hear the pastor say anything about "spiritual adultery" as grounds for divorce...

Whoever is "leaking" information to you is wrong--the board had no such type of vote.  Your informant is pulling your leg or relying on gossip.

The problems you perceive of 3ABN are within your own minds and imaginations.  If you can find something (anything! anything! anything!) in which to make 3ABN or Danny Shelton and his family look bad, you will believe it. Does that make it the truth? Nah, of course not. 

The Ten Commandment week-end of meetings has been a blast. God has blessed 3ABN so much. I hope all of you are watching for a blessing rather than  trying to find something in which to hang your poor imaginations on.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »

I also watched that same message and thought about Danny divorcing Linda, etc.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »

David Asscherick is a very gifted speaker.  I also enjoyed Mike Tucker's talk on the 5th commandment.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »

Junebug,  :scratch:
I feel very badly for you.
I wonder how you will feel when you find out what you are defending is in your own mind?
Why can't you see that no one has balled everything 3abn up in one thing?
We can separate things. So can God.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

How do you know? I'd rather not rely on gossip that there wasn't any such vote.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »

I watched David Asscherick speak on the 7th commandment and wondered Danny was listening or out for a walk...  I sure didn't hear the pastor say anything about "spiritual adultery" as grounds for divorce...

Did he mention anything about hiding a gun being grounds for divorce?

I heard he did a good job in the panel discussion about divorce. It would have been a great time for Danny to apologize for divorcing Linda without biblical grounds. Public sin demands a public confession.

Ozzie

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »

Did he mention anything about hiding a gun being grounds for divorce?

I heard he did a good job in the panel discussion about divorce. It would have been a great time for Danny to apologize for divorcing Linda without biblical grounds. Public sin demands a public confession.

It's incredible that he can get up there and speak with a forked-tounge; like it's quite OK for him to treat Linda in that way, but the commandments don't allow for anyone else to discard their wife for a younger model . Not to mention  him replacing her in her Programming capacity at 3abn, with a brother who has a history of alleged pedophilia.

I guess he thinks it's OK to frighten his wife with a gun too is it? Don't know which commandment that would come in under! :oops:

There are times when I feel quite sorry for the male (not man. A man doesn't treat a woman like that), who is so deluded that he thinks the 10 Commandments apply to everyone, except him. It's so sad when fame and fortune go to a person's head in that way, that they cannot see the forrest for the trees.  :(
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »

Bob, seeing Danny up there made me feel ill to the pit of my stomach. It's like he's mocking the 10 Commandments, but putting himself way out front like that. Oh, if only he was not so blinded by pride. You really have to see him up there, to believe that he could really be so arrogant.

Just reading 'Last Day Events' in the last few days, has reminded  me that we can expect more of the same.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »

The problems you perceive of 3ABN are within your own minds and imaginations.

Which specific problems are you referring to that are only in our imaginations?

Is it only imaginary that morals are so loose there that Danny dumped Linda for hiding his gun and replaced her with an alleged pedophile? Only imaginary that he denied getting retirement or housing benefits when he got nearly $129,000 in a single week?

Or is it only in your mind and imagination that there are no problems at 3ABN?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up