Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175694 times)

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »

But there HAVE been charges filed in Virginia. That old line is dead and gone now.

Which is as it should be if the charges are legit, and should have been done long ago rather then all the National enquirer reporting by Pickle and the personal vendettas he and Dryden have been engaging in which helped no one.

Could you please explain yourself? Are you trying to say that if the statute of limitations has run out, that it is evil and wrong to protect kids?

And why didn't you, Cindy Ann Conard, report the allegations against Tommy to the authorities, if you really think such was required in this case?

Don't be stupid!

Because quite simply I knew nothing personally of any allegations of sexual abuse of children by Tommy Shelton, nor any names, and all I could ask for years now was that you prove one single thing! All I could say for years now was well someone needs to make a statement or file a report * IF* anything did happen and your List of *alleged victims* really did exist, while you were off living your dream and hoarding your so called knowledge and playing power and coercion games like you were in charge of the inquisition.

You on the otherhand claimed to know all, and you also claim to be a clergy, and because you claimed knowledge and did not report it, you are far more guilty then any you have accused, and are still accusing. It matters not whether the statute of limitations has run out. Reporting alleged incidents does in fact protect other children. You acted always to attack ds and 3abn, or to justify yourself, and never to protect one child.

And you Bob Pickle will stand before your maker and answer for all that you have done.

It takes a lot to make me angry, but I am right now very angry with you.

laters..

childoftheking

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »

I'm sorry Ian that you are in such distress. You have worked very hard for a cause you believed in. I feel that your anger is misplaced however.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »

Cindy, I have spoken with law enforcement, and I will do so again.

You can claim that you didn't have names if you want to, but your claim is false.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

We can disagree, debate, and discuss, but it WILL be done in a civil manner. Time to back up, take a deep breath and settle down.

Johann

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »

Somehow the subject changed so the latest posts have been moved over to a new section, "Property discussions"

Woodstock

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »

I think that God has allways wanted us to be a matter a fact and if by chance a person has that kind of luggage following him around we allow him to be in a position to cause harm or Deni that it can happen again we are just as guilty!! The facts are in the pudding!! I have always been a fan of woodshed,old pocketknife, staples and a Ohio Bluetip............Get the picture!!!!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:16 PM »

Gailon, since the Bible also says that Christ "came into the world not to comdemn it, but to save..............", I am not sure He appreciates you slapping folks upside the head with His Word.......just a thought.   :dunno:

Junebug, bless your heart.  You are a oving grandma, I just know.  It is pretty hard when our leaders fall.  Can't agree with Danny not committing adultery, there is just too much that says he did.  However, I know you are agracisou, kind, and loving grandma. A true woman of God.

Wha tkind of goodies do you lving make for those grands?  LOL!!  My Grandmother used to make us tea cakes!

Sounds like my post got your feathers ruffled Mr. Joy.  That is too bad because it was sent in good faith. The Lord God of Heaven knows.

But all your blasting of Bible verses will not make DS guilty of adultery, no matter how much you seem to think he has. You can murder a reputation, you can even kill the body, but you will NEVER EVER be able to hurt the soul that knows it is right with the Lord.   

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »

Ian, am I to understand I'm being accused of changing my story over at your site?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »

I hope this is helpful...

Re: Tommy...

Postby Synthian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 am UTC

Duane asked me the following on adventtalk.

« Reply #97 on: Yesterday at 05:21:44 PM »

Ian, am I to understand I'm being accused of changing my story over at your site?

Duane Clem

No, that was not my intention. I may have worded my post badly. If so, I apologize.

When I said:

(Why he said anything against Tommy to Pickle when he did is a different story as he started out on BSDA attacking Dryden and Pickle and had actually always defended Tommy up till then.)

I simply meant , it is a different part of the story then the part which I was trying to relate, and a separate issue from the one I was addressing with Odie.

To further clarify. I was explaining to her that 3abn could not have known about you or the letters between yourself and Tommy when Dryden wrote to 3abn in 2003 because the letters were not written until 2005. And I was further attempting to clarify that you never made any statement against Tommy nor made his letter public until you talked to Pickle on BSDA, a week after Tommy retired from 3abn (Dec 31, 2006).

All 3abn would have known about you, if anything, was what others knew, ie; that you had been one of those who had defended Tommy and had to all appearances been his friend all those years.

I was also trying to clarify the following, as the topic was actually about the 2 allegations of child abuse in Virginia, leading to the charges filed against TS there.

Now you say : "it is obvious from the letter he [TS] has a problem in this area" What area area you speaking of? It is certainly not obvious to me he had a problem with child molestation from that letter. Clem was nineteen or twenty , yes a young man, but certainly not a child back in 1984 when the alleged wrong relationship occurred.

If I have portrayed anything inaccurately in what I have posted here in this thread, you are more than welcome to set the record straight on either forum, Duane. I would like to be as accurate as is possible.

...ian

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »

(Why he said anything against Tommy to Pickle when he did is a different story as he started out on BSDA attacking Dryden and Pickle and had actually always defended Tommy up till then.)

I don't recall Duane posting any "attacks" against me on BSDA.

To further clarify. I was explaining to her that 3abn could not have known about you or the letters between yourself and Tommy when Dryden wrote to 3abn in 2003 because the letters were not written until 2005.

One of the letters Tommy wrote to Duane is dated 1998. But anyway, this would not get Danny and 3ABN off the hook because they've known about these allegations for years. I believe it was the early '90's when Danny is reported to have said that Tommy was not to take a certain young man out to lunch anymore.

And Dryden did invite Walt Thompson to contact 6 alleged victims in 2003, which Walt refused to do.

And I was further attempting to clarify that you never made any statement against Tommy nor made his letter public until you talked to Pickle on BSDA, a week after Tommy retired from 3abn (Dec 31, 2006).

Tommy was still working for 3ABN in 2008 on a contract basis. So perhaps the retirement thing was just a ruse.

Now you say : "it is obvious from the letter he [TS] has a problem in this area" What area area you speaking of? It is certainly not obvious to me he had a problem with child molestation from that letter. Clem was nineteen or twenty , yes a young man, but certainly not a child back in 1984 when the alleged wrong relationship occurred.

Are you saying this about the 1998 letter?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

I hope this is helpful...
What would be helpful is for you to stop trying to psycho-analyze everything I write and referring to an email I sent to Tommy which has never been made public. I don't even have a copy anymore. This thread is about Tommy, not me.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

mrst53

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2010, 10:45:35 AM »

I am new to this site, and I would like clarification on 3abn(?) I am only concerned about this situation concerning Tommy Shelton, because Dunn Loring Community Church of God was my home church when I was growing up-60's and early 70's. At that time Jennings Byron Wood was the Pastor. I cannot imagine anything like this occurring with his knowledge.  I feel sorry for the young men, both in Illinois and here in Virginia and I hope there have not been any more boys hurt where he has been living since he left Virginia.  I feel saddened that a cover up has been done, but unfortunately I am afraid that it is probably not the only one, in any of our Protestant ??? Churches. Sin does not keep itself to only one church. Thankfully, Jesus Christ died for our Sins,BUT that does NOT mean we have to be STUPID and allow pedophiles around our children. ::)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »

I am new to this site, and I would like clarification on 3abn(?)

Hi mrst53.

Danny and Linda Shelton and perhaps others co-founded 3ABN. Tommy is Danny's brother.

After Danny dumped Linda, accusing her of spiritual adultery, people started asking questions and a lot of not-so-well-known allegations began to surface. After Danny remarried a much younger woman less than two years later, more people began asking questions.

It was in pursuing some of these questions that a friend and I discovered on August 14, 2006, that Pastor Glenn Dryden of Dunn Loring had sent a letter to Walt Thompson in 2003 when he was pastor of the Ezra Church of God in Illinois. That letter informed Walt Thompson, the 3ABN Board chairman, that Tommy had molested six boys.

Dryden got a reply from a 3ABN attorney threatening legal action, "even if the actions did occur." At that point we realized that 3ABN and Danny Shelton had some pretty serious issues, not to mention Tommy.

Danny had the gall to replace Linda, the alleged spiritual adulteress, with Tommy, the alleged pedophile, and allow Tommy to play the piano for Kid's Time. In other words, Danny knew full well the risk of Tommy working around kids, and allowed it anyway. The school principal on 3ABN's campus knew nothing about Tommy, I was told, and neither did the pastor of 3ABN's church.

The blame for a cover up falls on Danny's shoulders. It sounds reasonable to me to consider Pastor Wood to be a duped victim, though of a different sort.

It would have been much better if many of those involved had taken the allegations more seriously. Just because Tommy had never been charged or convicted did not mean that he was innocent and could be trusted around children and youth, and even adults.

Tommy was in trouble in Illinois by 1985, and was let go from 3ABN around 1991. He became pastor at Dunn Loring about 1995, and was back at 3ABN about 2001.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »

Danny had the gall to replace Linda, the alleged spiritual adulteress, with Tommy, the alleged pedophile, and allow Tommy to play the piano for Kid's Time.

It seemed to me that he continued to accompany for Kid's Time, including playing with young boys who were soloing, for some time.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

mrst53

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »

HI,
So am I to understand that the statute of limitations has run out in Illinois? Has Tommy been in contact with children since leaving Dunn Loring? If so, have there been any problems? Surely, unless he got help, which apparently,he didn't, he wouldn't stop on his own. Has anyone tried to find children there that have been molested?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24   Go Up