Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175687 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »

There are quite a few alleged victims from Illinois. I don't know any from Illinois that are younger than 38. I'm told there are some crimes in Illinois for which a 20-years-after-turned-18-years-of-age statute of limitations would apply to.

According to http://law.jrank.org/pages/11805/Criminal-Statutes-Limitation.html, the criminal statute of limitations in Ohio can run 20 years, and in Kentucky, it looks like there is no statute of limitations.

It's not easy for these guys to come forward and file a complaint and press charges.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2010, 03:57:04 PM »

It's not easy for these guys to come forward and file a complaint and press charges.

Has there been any indication that some of them might have thought of doing it?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »

Welcome, mrst53!  I am glad you are here, and look forward to hearing more from you!

I am new to this site, and I would like clarification on 3abn(?) I am only concerned about this situation concerning Tommy Shelton, because Dunn Loring Community Church of God was my home church when I was growing up-60's and early 70's. At that time Jennings Byron Wood was the Pastor. I cannot imagine anything like this occurring with his knowledge.  I feel sorry for the young men, both in Illinois and here in Virginia and I hope there have not been any more boys hurt where he has been living since he left Virginia.  I feel saddened that a cover up has been done, but unfortunately I am afraid that it is probably not the only one, in any of our Protestant ??? Churches. Sin does not keep itself to only one church. Thankfully, Jesus Christ died for our Sins,BUT that does NOT mean we have to be STUPID and allow pedophiles around our children. ::)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

Oh, I'm sure a lot of them have thought about it many times over the years.

Now that Tommy has been arrested and may do time, the harassment from the Tommy and Danny defenders may not be as loud as before, and may be less inhibiting.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2010, 05:42:21 AM »

Now that Tommy has been arrested and may do time, the harassment from the Tommy and Danny defenders may not be as loud as before, and may be less inhibiting.

You are basing that on your claim that it has always been about covering up for Tommy Shelton, but you were wrong, and are still wrong Bob... As long as you keep misrepresenting things and perpetrating lies, and getting shills to provide you a forum for such, I am going to speak up and point those things out whether that is here on this forum or elsewhere.

Let's start with your repeated misrepresentation and falsehood to the newest member here, and implication that 3abn threatened the Pastor of the Church of God in Virginia in response to his letter to them about TS.

That is false.

Quote from: Bob
It was in pursuing some of these questions that a friend and I discovered on August 14, 2006, that Pastor Glenn Dryden of Dunn Loring had sent a letter to Walt Thompson in 2003 when he was pastor of the Ezra Church of God in Illinois. That letter informed Walt Thompson, the 3ABN Board chairman, that Tommy had molested six boys. Dryden got a reply from a 3ABN attorney threatening legal action, "even if the actions did occur." At that point we realized that 3ABN and Danny Shelton had some pretty serious issues, not to mention Tommy.

It was pointed out to you and others here in this very thread, with the actual quotes: http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,1820.msg23124.html#msg23124

That 3abn's reply to Dryden was to merely thank him for fulfilling his obligation to them, and that the letter from the Attorney ( dated a month later) stated he was representing Tommy Shelton and was concerning actions Dryden had taken against him (Tommy) which were slanderous and libelous and calculated to deprive him of his right to earn a living.

Stop bearing false witness and I will stop rebutting what you say, Bob, as it will not be necessary.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:01:59 AM by Ian »

Pat Williams

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »

Wasn't Tommy Shelton on 3ABN accompanying young boys on music programs during that time period?

Danny had the gall to replace Linda, the alleged spiritual adulteress, with Tommy, the alleged pedophile, and allow Tommy to play the piano for Kid's Time.

It seemed to me that he continued to accompany for Kid's Time, including playing with young boys who were soloing, for some time.

Well you were watching re-runs then. Darrell Mundall's kids were on those shows just look how young they were at the time those shows were filmed as compared to now. Kid's time hasn't even had a set to do new shows for the last 5 years. Tomorrow will be the first new show in that long.

EXCITING NEWS!! This Sabbath, March 27 NEW Kids Time Praise programs will begin to air! There will be a NEW program that airs EVERY Sabbath for the next 51 weeks! It has been almost 5 years since we have had any new Praise programs so this is a big "Praise the Lord! Please spread the word! Air Times are: 7am and 5 pm CST (Central Standard Time)
-- Posted by Brenda Walsh on Kids Time on 3ABN -March 23 2010, at 3:33pm

Your bias is showing. Yes he accompanied young boys, AND  young girls and groups of kids, and families and  people from all over who came to tape shows or appear live at 3abn events, when a piano player was needed. Always in front of many parents, and many other kids and the 3ABN employees and  3ABN production crew, or as in the case of kid's time amidst even animals running around. He also played the piano as part of the Shelton trio, and played duets with 3abn's organist on the podiums at 3abn live events. He is a gifted piano player, Artiste. but he did so on stage and on the 3abn sets, and was not off playing with little boys alone at 3ABN,  nor was any other employee!

It is very telling that despite Pickle looking high and low, there are zero complaints, allegations, or accusations filed or even gossiped about that Tommy Shelton ever molested or abused one single child on 3abn property while employed by 3abn, whether while he was working in the tape archives or whether during his short stint in the position Linda was in before his retirement in Dec 2006, or during any other time he was at 3abn.

The only allegations which have ever been mentioned in Illinois that I know of are the ones from the Church of God in the early to mid  80's. One was reported and the police investigated it --it involved nothing physical whatsoever-- and they did not file anything as they claimed they had nothing to proceed with. Dryden spoke of 3 in Illinois only - all at the Church of God there. The DA allegedly knows about them and has for quite some time and reportedly said there was nothing to proceed with or act on.

If there are others as Pickle implies by saying "quite a few" then apparently they are some kind of a secret. In any case, for all his claimed talk with the alleged victims he doesn't appear to me to even be able to answer simple questions in regards to them or even know how many "quite a few" are.

Bob:
There are quite a few alleged victims from Illinois.

Artiste:

Bob:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:25:47 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »

It is very telling that despite Pickle looking high and low, there are zero complaints, allegations, or accusations filed or even gossiped about that Tommy Shelton ever molested or abused one single child on 3abn property while employed by 3abn, whether while he was working in the tape archives or whether during his short stint in the position Linda was in before his retirement in Dec 2006, or during any other time he was at 3abn.

There are allegations of sexual misconduct against 3ABN employee(s), and allegations of sexual misconduct on the premises of 3ABN.

The only allegations which have ever been mentioned in Illinois that I know of are the ones from the Church of God in the early to mid  80's. One was reported and the police investigated it --it involved nothing physical whatsoever--

How would you know? How many of the alleged victims have you interviewed?

and they did not file anything as they claimed they had nothing to proceed with. Dryden spoke of 3 in Illinois only - all at the Church of God there.

His 2003 letter referred to 6, not 3

The DA allegedly knows about them and has for quite some time and reportedly said there was nothing to proceed with or act on.

And did you speak with the DA? Or did you rely upon the untrustworthy assertions of Walt or Danny?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »

Let's start with your repeated misrepresentation and falsehood to the newest member here, and implication that 3abn threatened the Pastor of the Church of God in Virginia in response to his letter to them about TS.

I never said that 3ABN threatened Dryden. I said that a 3ABN attorney threatened Dryden. And that's precisely how Dryden described it to me: Dryden said he got a reply from a 3ABN attorney writing on behalf of Tommy.

It's a fact that Riva has represented 3ABN in the property tax case and other matters.

Now the question is, who paid the bill for Riva to write that letter? If I had to guess, I'd say 3ABN paid for it, not Tommy.

That 3abn's reply to Dryden was to merely thank him for fulfilling his obligation to them, and that the letter from the Attorney ( dated a month later) stated he was representing Tommy Shelton and was concerning actions Dryden had taken against him (Tommy) which were slanderous and libelous and calculated to deprive him of his right to earn a living.

Mike Riva was clearly out of line in trying to protect an alleged child molester's employment at a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. In all probability, his mother would be ashamed.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »

I never said that 3ABN threatened Dryden.

Good! Then let the record show that When 3ABN received the letter from Glenn Dryden they did not in fact threaten him. They actually did the opposite. 3ABN thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to them. In addition let the record here show that when you reported the following on your save-3abn web site:

"The following letter was sent by Pastor Glenn Dryden to 3ABN board chairman Dr. Walter Thompson in May 2003. The reply he received was a threatening letter from 3ABN attorney Mike Riva."
http://www.save-3abn.com/glenn-dryden-to-walt-thompson-may-2003.htm

You never said, meant or intended to give the impression or to imply that the letter from the Attorney was the reply from 3ABN to Glenn Dryden, right Bob???

But, sadly that is exactly what your words do appear to suggest and imply. If you are sincere here? then you need to go edit them quickly! scoot along and do so, please!

I said that a 3ABN attorney threatened Dryden. And that's precisely how Dryden described it to me: Dryden said he got a reply from a 3ABN attorney writing on behalf of Tommy.

It's a fact that Riva has represented 3ABN in the property tax case and other matters.

It is a fact he was not representing 3ABN when he wrote to the Church of God Pastor in 2003. It is a fact he represents others also and in this instance he was representing Tommy Shelton as he said.

Further it does not appear you are telling the truth here, for even Drden said as I just did.

Here is what Dryden wrote to you in Dec 2006

-------- Original Message --------
To:     Bob
Subject:     Re: blacksda.com POSTING
Date:     Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:25:25 -0500

Dear Bob,

I am sure we share similar emotions regarding this matter. Perhaps an argument may be made for the criticism you have received regarding the e-mail postings, but I should tell you that they have served to make me comfortable communicating with both you and Mr. Joy and if they serve to put pressure on Danny and Tommy, you may carry the criticism as a badge of commendation.

You should know that I have FAXed to Mr. Joy a copy of Mr. Riva's letter to me dated June 13, 2003, along with excerpts from my reply to Mr. Riva.

You may make public my 2003 letter to Dr. Thompson and action items (which were compiled by the congregation of the Ezra Church of God) and may note that the action items were also sent to Mike Riva, Tommy's attorney, with my reply to his letter of June 13, 2003. You may note that I gave you my permission to do so.

Pastor Glenn Dryden

Now the question is, who paid the bill for Riva to write that letter? If I had to guess, I'd say 3ABN paid for it, not Tommy.

Then you would be wrong. You shouldn't surmise, Bob. Especially without any valid reason to

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:59:59 AM by Ian »

Pat Williams

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

There are allegations of sexual misconduct against 3ABN employee(s), and allegations of sexual misconduct on the premises of 3ABN.

Do not play your word games with me and cause confusion here, Mr Pickle. We are not talking about your unproven infidelity claims against anyone at 3abn who catches your focus. This topic is about Tommy Shelton and allegations of child molestation. I repeat:

"It is very telling that despite Pickle looking high and low, there are zero complaints, allegations, or accusations filed or even gossiped about that Tommy Shelton ever molested or abused one single child on 3abn property while employed by 3abn, whether while he was working in the tape archives or whether during his short stint in the position Linda was in before his retirement in Dec 2006, or during any other time he was at 3abn."

The only allegations which have ever been mentioned in Illinois that I know of are the ones from the Church of God in the early to mid  80's. One was reported and the police investigated it --it involved nothing physical whatsoever--

How would you know? How many of the alleged victims have you interviewed?

I know of no child molestation victims to interview Mr Pickle. Even the two in Virginia who made the allegations leading to TS' arrest are not revealed by name so I have interviewed none. I do know you yourself posted about William B. Dunning, and I am going by what is documented about that and speaking of that. If you did your homework there you would not need to ask me for proof of what the police and DA say. You would already know.

Dryden spoke of 3 in Illinois only - all at the Church of God there.

That is not my understanding, as three were alleged to be in Virginia and one of them a minor by Dryden himself,but I will leave you to prove that. IF you can.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:24:21 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »

Good! Then let the record show that When 3ABN received the letter from Glenn Dryden they did not in fact threaten him.

The record does not show that. Further discovery would be required before drawing that conclusion.

You never said, meant or intended to give the impression or to imply that the letter from the Attorney was the reply from 3ABN to Glenn Dryden, right Bob???

I do not recall being aware in 2007 of any other reply that Glenn Dryden received anything other than that letter. That being the case, I would think that in 2007 I thought that 3ABN had something to do with that reply.

It is a fact he was not representing 3ABN when he wrote to the Church of God Pastor in 2003.

I do not know that that was the case.

It is a fact he represents others also and in this instance he was representing Tommy Shelton as he said.

If 3ABN was opposed to covering up the child molestation allegations, and Tommy was the only one who wanted that done, then Mike Riva had a conflict of interest in covering up the child molestation allegations at Tommy's behest, contrary to the wishes of 3ABN, his larger client.

But it is a matter of record that Danny was in favor of covering up the child molestation allegations, and that he probably used 3ABN's telephones to intimidate Dryden, and that the very point he raised in his intimidating messages was the very one raised in Riva's letter.

Danny's messages also make it clear that Danny contacted an attorney, and Danny was very in earnest about his inquiry with an attorney. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that it was Danny, using 3ABN's telephones, that arranged for Riva's letter, which contained the very point Danny tried to make in his intimidating message.

I therefore conclude that in all likelihood, it was 3ABN's out-of-control president, Danny Shelton, that arranged that reply to Dryden's letter, and thus it could probably be considered a reply from 3ABN too.

Further it does not appear you are telling the truth here, for even Dryden said as I just did.

I told the truth about what Dryden told me about Riva's letter on August 14, 2006. Certainly you didn't have my phones bugged, and thus you don't know what he told me.

Then you would be wrong. You shouldn't surmise, Bob. Especially without any valid reason to

I have a valid reason to ask the question, and to make that guess as to the answer.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »

Do not play your word games with me and cause confusion here, Mr Pickle. We are not talking about your unproven infidelity claims against anyone at 3abn who catches your focus. This topic is about Tommy Shelton and allegations of child molestation.

My statement was specifically talking about Tommy Shelton, not Tammy, not Tammy, not Danny, not Melody, not anyone else.

I know of no child molestation victims to interview Mr Pickle.

Check out Save-3ABN.com. There are a number of individuals named there.

I do know you yourself posted about Brad Dunning, and I am going by what is documented about that and speaking of that.

So you do know of one after all. Why not contact him?

If you did your homework there you would not need to ask me for proof of what the police and DA say. You would already know.

Have you personally spoken with the DA or police about that one?

Dryden spoke of 3 in Illinois only - all at the Church of God there.

That is not my understanding, as three were alleged to be in Virginia and one of them a minor by Dryden himself,but I will leave you to prove that. IF you can.

The proof is simple: Dryden wrote about 6 in Illinois in 2003, before he returned to Dunn Loring and discovered the 3 there.

Of the 7 I have spoken with, Duane is from Illinois, was above 18 at the time, and not included in the above 6. Another was a minor in Illinois, not one of the above 6. A third was a minor in Virginia, not one of the above 3.

Brad Dunning, Greg Houseworth, Roger Clem, and another guy were all minors in Illinois whom I spoke with, and they are part of the above 6. The mother of yet another of the above 6 I also spoke with.

If you put my list together with Dryden's, you get 8 (7 minors) in Illinois and 4 (2 minors) in Virginia. That doesn't include yet another minor that a Shelton family member admitted was molested.

And then there is eye witness Sherry Avery.

But the original point is that Dryden referred to 6 minors in Illinois before he moved to Virginia and discovered the 3 alleged victims (1 minor) there.

Pat Williams

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »

I Removed a duplicate post here.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:54:54 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Pat Williams

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

Do not play your word games with me and cause confusion here, Mr Pickle. We are not talking about your unproven infidelity claims against anyone at 3abn who catches your focus. This topic is about Tommy Shelton and allegations of child molestation.

My statement was specifically talking about Tommy Shelton, not Tammy, not Tammy, not Danny, not Melody, not anyone else.

Was it about child molestation allegations? and "It is very telling that despite Pickle looking high and low, there are zero complaints, allegations, or accusations filed or even gossiped about that Tommy Shelton ever molested or abused one single child on 3abn property while employed by 3abn, whether while he was working in the tape archives or whether during his short stint in the position Linda was in before his retirement in Dec 2006, or during any other time he was at 3abn."?  No.

I repeat: "Do not play your word games with me and cause confusion here, Mr Pickle"

I do know you yourself posted about Brad Dunning, and I am going by what is documented about that and speaking of that.

So you do know of one after all. Why not contact him?

Because he already made his statement 26 years ago and it was already investigated by both the police and the Church of God and resolved then.

I never said that 3ABN threatened Dryden.

Good! Then let the record show that When 3ABN received the letter from Glenn Dryden they did not in fact threaten him. They actually did the opposite. 3ABN thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to them.

Good! Then let the record show that When 3ABN received the letter from Glenn Dryden they did not in fact threaten him.

The record does not show that. Further discovery would be required before drawing that conclusion.

It is very difficult to ever pinpoint exactly what you actually are saying at any given time or to consider you in anyway credible or honest when you insist on these kinds of arguments.

I have more pressing matters to attend to...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:13:56 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

But the original point is that Dryden referred to 6 minors in Illinois before he moved to Virginia and discovered the 3 alleged victims (1 minor) there.

Let me see if I am understanding this correctly.

Glenn Dryden was the Pastor in the Illinois Church of God in 2003 and he claimed he knew of 6 alleged victims of sexual molestation within that congregation, and he sent a list of items to 3abn to enforce upon Tommy Shelton due to that, and then he gave all the information and names to you to publish? Why?

But he never reported it as the law required him to? Why?

I agree with you when you say it is not easy for victims of sexual abuse to come forward or file charges, but it appears to me they already did come forward, to Pastor Dryden at least?

And it is not hard for him to report these things if they are true, so why didn't he? Can you explain that, Bob?

Here's an article from the Chicago Tribune - Aug 2002.

Reporting Child Abuse
ILLINOIS CLERGY ARE NOW REQUIRED TO REPORT CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT

Illinois clergy have now been added to the list of mandated reporters who are required by law to report suspected cases of child abuse or neglect to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) under a new law signed by Gov. George Ryan on Friday, August 16, 2002...Clergy members join a list of professionals, such as doctors and teachers, who have had to report abuse or neglect to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services for some time. People who fail to report the first offense can be charged with a misdemeanor. Subsequent violations can result in felony charges. A person could be jailed for up to a year for a misdemeanor, or sent to prison for a longer term for a felony.
(Chicago Tribune, 8/18/02)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:03:32 PM by Nosir Myzing »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Up