Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175696 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »

Fear of just this sort of thing is why most abuse victims, children and adults, will never come forward and speak of it.
Exactly right, George. Unfortunately for Sam, 3d, Nosir, Steffan and all the others, intimidation and threats don't work with me. There's nothing that they can do to keep me quiet, so they'll have to deal with that.

I think they're just mad because they all look like fools now and they can't seem to do anything to erase it.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Johann

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »

Fear of just this sort of thing is why most abuse victims, children and adults, will never come forward and speak of it.
Exactly right, George. Unfortunately for Sam, 3d, Nosir, Steffan and all the others, intimidation and threats don't work with me. There's nothing that they can do to keep me quiet, so they'll have to deal with that.

I think they're just mad because they all look like fools now and they can't seem to do anything to erase it.

You might be right!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »

It's interesting to me that the 3ABN defenders' response to Tommy Shelton's child molestation charges is to vilify Linda Shelton.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »

It's interesting to me that the 3ABN defenders' response to Tommy Shelton's child molestation charges is to vilify Linda Shelton.

They are weak.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »

You can tell how desperation has set in as never before. Look at all the old topics they're trying to resurrect. Deter and distract, the same tactics that have been used for years around 3ABN. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hopefully the board will finally open their eyes and have the courage to deal with this once and for all before 3ABN goes the way of the PTL Club.
Duane Clem

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »

You can tell how desperation has set in as never before. Look at all the old topics they're trying to resurrect. Deter and distract, the same tactics that have been used for years around 3ABN. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hopefully the board will finally open their eyes and have the courage to deal with this once and for all before 3ABN goes the way of the PTL Club.

Exactly. They may FOOL some of the people some of the time, but they can never fool God. That's all that really matters.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

mrst53

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »

I applaud those who have spoken out on this site, who have been victims of TS. I am sorry for what he has has put you thru. No child should have to go thru what you did,especially by someone who represents the Lord Jesus. Please do not give up. TS will be brought to justice. :amen:

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »

The threads on West Frankfort Topix and Benton Topix appear to be gone.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2010, 09:17:18 PM »

Interesting. I wonder if a phone call was made from Thompsonville requesting their removal.
Duane Clem

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2010, 09:25:43 PM »

Interesting. I wonder if a phone call was made from Thompsonville requesting their removal.
Probably not. I'm guessing communications from legal representation.

Pat Williams

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2010, 05:00:25 AM »

I applaud those who have spoken out on this site, who have been victims of TS. I am sorry for what he has has put you thru. No child should have to go thru what you did,especially by someone who represents the Lord Jesus. Please do not give up. TS will be brought to justice. :amen:

Excuse me mrs53, Tommy Shelton has already been brought to "justice." Complaints were filed, a warrant was issued, he surrendered to the police and was charged and arrested, and will now be able to face his accusers and they and he have the right to a fair trial. This forum, the people on it and the views and judgments expressed here are not in any way shape or form justice.

Duane, don't be paranoid nor let your ego get in the way of seeing reality. No one has threatened intimidated nor tried to silence you, least of all me.

No one is trying to bury this topic either, ssom. Nor is my response to Tommy Shelton's child molestation charges "villifying" Linda Shelton. There is more than one discussion going on here on this forum. As administrators I am quite sure you are aware of that. "Nice try"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:03:32 AM by 3ABN_Defender »

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2010, 09:39:14 AM »

Bob Pickle claimed:
"I have been to 3ABN, and I have first hand knowledge of some things about all of this. Moreover, I have sat in meetings where instruction was given about churches avoiding liability. Therefore, when Walt informed me that he never contacted any of the alleged victims or their families or the two ordaining associations as Dryden invited him to, and that he had instead relied on what Danny told him, even though what Danny told him could not possibly be true, I knew a grave mistake had been made which potentially threatened 3ABN and the Illinois Conference, and I wasn't about to keep quiet about the utter irresponsibility of Danny Shelton in the matter."

Was this a very recent trip, Pickle? Because you were most certainly not there before that! You do not have any personal knowledge of 3ABN! You have never met Danny Shelton! You have never met Dr Thompson, and any meetings you sat in on were not at 3ABN, and you are not a witness to anythingthat was discussed in any meeting at 3ABN! Barely anything has even been said to you about it! and because of your character and actions it is a safe assumption to make that no further answers or explanations will ever be given again to you by anyone at 3ABN.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:56:39 AM by Nosir Myzing »

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2010, 09:42:47 AM »

I applaud those who have spoken out on this site, who have been victims of TS. I am sorry for what he has has put you thru. No child should have to go thru what you did...

huh?

Who are you talking about when you say this?

childoftheking

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »

Bob Pickle claimed:
"I have been to 3ABN, and I have first hand knowledge of some things about all of this. Moreover, I have sat in meetings where instruction was given about churches avoiding liability. Therefore, when Walt informed me that he never contacted any of the alleged victims or their families or the two ordaining associations as Dryden invited him to, and that he had instead relied on what Danny told him, even though what Danny told him could not possibly be true, I knew a grave mistake had been made which potentially threatened 3ABN and the Illinois Conference, and I wasn't about to keep quiet about the utter irresponsibility of Danny Shelton in the matter."

Was this a very recent trip, Pickle? Because you were most certainly not there before that! You do not have any personal knowledge of 3ABN! You have never met Danny Shelton! You have never met Dr Thompson, and any meetings you sat in on were not at 3ABN, and you are not a witness to anythingthat was discussed in any meeting at 3ABN! Barely anything has even been said to you about it! and because of your character and actions it is a safe assumption to make that no further answers or explanations will ever be given again to you by anyone at 3ABN.

I think it seems odd that you would take what Bob Pickle said and assume that he was claiming what you tried to refute. Just very strange to me because that is not what was said.

Johann

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

Bob Pickle claimed:

I think it seems odd that you would take what Bob Pickle said and assume that he was claiming what you tried to refute. Just very strange to me because that is not what was said.

Y0u experience many strange things in these quarters.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Up