Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175687 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »

The apology was to Duane Clem but it wasn't concerning anything which occured when Duane was underage, Duane was 19 or 20, so the apology is not really applicable to the allegation that Tommy is a pedophile or the allegations that he sexualy molested children or minors, or the claim that TS ever admitted to molesting or abusing a minor/child.

False, once again. The 1998 quasi-confession letter admitted to causing pain in people's lives when Duane hadn't even come forward yet. What pain do you think Tommy was talking about there? I would think it would have to be referring to the allegations of child molestation.

Remember also that Sherry Avery said she caught Tommy in a house not belonging to him, with a boy, with a bed a bit messed up.

The DA said "No case"

Either produce a letter from the DA saying such, or quite making such an assertion based only on the testimony of a proven liar.

I myself have taken a wait and see approach to it all.

No you haven't. You've repeatedly made a rush to judgment, as in declaring what the DA determined, when you have provided no evidence from the DA to support your statement.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »

Ok, but TS was not arrested for having sex with a 19, 20 year old, but for pedophilia.  And even in Duane's case, TS was a grown and married pastor, so he was just wrong out of the gate because is all those instances, he should have known better.  At the very least, he abused his position of authority.  So, Duane still has a point, even if you all want to only address once he became a consenting adult.  However, I believe that is part of the issue, right?

Ok, now I just give up.

Everyone says Tommy's relationship with Duane was wrong on all accounts, even Tommy says that, but it has nothing to do with child molestation nor Tommy being a pedophile. The Duane thing has been used all along to cloud the issues and justify the allegations of child molestation against Tommy and to claim that Tommy admitted he was guilty of child molestation.. It needs to stop! It is a totally separate issue.

I'll tell you what needs to stop. It's you and the rest of your whole wad defending this man. You claim you have never met him or any of the victims. Fine, Then DROP IT! I, for one, am sick and tired of your word games and fact twisting. You're here for one reason and one reason only, and that's to stir the pot. Well, you have your own site where all that kind of bilge seems to be welcome, so go do it there. Your defense of wrongdoing while all the time trying to convince everyone you just "want what's right" is disgusting.

What word games? What fact twisting? What defence of wrong doing? Be specific. Answer simple questions for once, Duane!

As long as we are being blunt here. I think the fact that you expect to have everything you say and imply taken as gospel truth while refusing to answer the questions those things cause displays little understanding of anything but your feelings and point of view. I also think the fact that you think you alone have to answer no questions while others do, is blind and misguided.

I think the fact that I am not insulting you, nor accusing you in any way in regards to Tommy , and am , and have, only asked you questions designed to get the facts and the truth and allow you to express that,and keep saying so and trying to show that while being labelled a liar; while you refuse to answer, and want me and others to shut up and go away, is wrong. You are in a discussion group,and have been for years now, that involves questions and answers!

I think, you are helping none but yourself by doing that.

What do YOU really want, if not the truth? It can't be an apology, nor anything else offered to help you, for you've had that, more than once, from Tommy, and refused both.

What is your deal?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:57:42 PM by Ian »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »

Sorry that happened to you, and I also  understand that things get skewed very quickly.  However, the difference is that the police reacted immediately, and wrongly in your case. and in the case of TS they took their sweet time to build a case. 

About Duane, well he is here and well capable of speaking for himself, he has done an excellent job so far.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »

Sorry that happened to you, and I also  understand that things get skewed very quickly.  However, the difference is that the police reacted immediately, and wrongly in your case. and in the case of TS they took their sweet time to build a case. 

About Duane, well he is here and well capable of speaking for himself, he has done an excellent job so far.

Thanks. :)+We have disagreed and will disagree again I'm sure, (lol) but you area good girl in my book and I have come to appreciate that and you.
hugs...

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2010, 03:42:59 PM »

Ditto, Gurl!  HUGS!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2010, 03:48:44 PM »

What word games? What fact twisting? What defence of wrong doing? Be specific. Answer simple questions for once, Duane!

As long as we are being blunt here. I think the fact that you expect to have everything you say and imply taken as gospel truth while refusing to answer the questions those things cause displays little understanding of anything but your feelings and point of view.

I think the fact that you think you alone have to answer no questions while others do, is blind and misguided.

I think the fact that I am not insulting you, nor accusing you in any way in regards to Tommy , and am , and have, only asked you questions designed to get the facts and the truth and allow you to express that, while you want me and others to shut up and go away, is wrong. You are in a discussion group,and have been for years now, that involves questions and answers!

What do YOU really want, if not the truth? It can't be an apology, nor anything else offered to help you, for you've had that, more than once, from Tommy.

What is your deal?
Let's get something straight, Cindy. I do not HAVE to answer any questions from you. The details that I am going to release are already in my statement and elsewhere that I have posted. Furthermore, I really don't give a flip whether you believe me or think I'm credible.

I am NOT frightened or intimidated by the prospect of having to testify in court. I have been in court literally hundreds of times and have testified numerous times as well, in both criminal and civil cases. If you or anyone else thinks that I'm going to crumble due to your insinuations that I may appear before a judge, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

You can let Danny know next time the two of you correspond.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Johann

« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2010, 03:53:10 PM »

I was in an abusive marriage for 20 years and it was hard to escape when I called the police for help and was arrested myself as my husband lied, even when I had all the bruises etc.. My neighbors called and again I was arrested.

I had done Nothing! In one case it was dropped before I ever went to court, in another it was thrown out of court and dismissed at the arraignment.

These things happen.

Now people can jump up and say I was arrested for assault and accuse me all they want,

It must have hurt, Cindy

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »

As long as we are being blunt here. I think the fact that you expect to have everything you say and imply taken as gospel truth while refusing to answer the questions those things cause displays little understanding of anything but your feelings and point of view.

I think the fact that you think you alone have to answer no questions while others do, is blind and misguided.

I think the fact that I am not insulting you, nor accusing you in any way in regards to Tommy , and am , and have, only asked you questions designed to get the facts and the truth and allow you to express that, while you want me and others to shut up and go away, is wrong. You are in a discussion group,and have been for years now, that involves questions and answers!

What do YOU really want, if not the truth? It can't be an apology, nor anything else offered to help you, for you've had that, more than once, from Tommy.

What is your deal?
Let's get something straight, Cindy. I do not HAVE to answer any questions from you. The details that I am going to release are already in my statement and elsewhere that I have posted. Furthermore, I really don't give a flip whether you believe me or think I'm credible.

I am NOT frightened or intimidated by the prospect of having to testify in court. I have been in court literally hundreds of times and have testified numerous times as well, in both criminal and civil cases. If you or anyone else thinks that I'm going to crumble due to your insinuations that I may appear before a judge, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

You can let Danny know next time the two of you correspond.

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

1Jo 4:18     There is no fear in love; but perfect love  casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:17:41 PM by Ian »

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »

I was in an abusive marriage for 20 years and it was hard to escape when I called the police for help and was arrested myself as my husband lied, even when I had all the bruises etc.. My neighbors called and again I was arrested.

I had done Nothing! In one case it was dropped before I ever went to court, in another it was thrown out of court and dismissed at the arraignment.

These things happen.

Now people can jump up and say I was arrested for assault and accuse me all they want,

It must have hurt, Cindy

Of course it hurt, and his betrayal of our vows hurt even more. Sometimes so much so that the very thought of it doubled me over in physical pain. I forgave him, I thought, because I knew I needed to. But, and this is an important and vital thing. I knew the Lord could take my burdens, and I knew the Lord could take my pain and promised He would never give me more than I could bear, and I always prayed for that and believed it,  but I never experienced it for myself till I prayed one night  and confessed I could take it no more. I was a hurting unit, and at my ropes end, and I asked him to take my pain away, and I claimed those promises.

I awoke the next morning literally renewed. It was late winter/early spring and snow outside and bitterly cold the night before, yet that morning, warm sunbeams hit me through my window as I awoke. I heard the newly arrived birds singing the arrival of spring and I knew and I felt it in my heart that  I had finally really forgiven my ex-husband and that all my pain was gone. I have never forgot what happened but I have never since hurt because of it, and I have never since been angry.I will always remember that miracle in my life and how My lord healed me.

Our God is so good.

Years later my ex-husbands apologies came. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:42:50 PM by Ian »

Emma

« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »

Thank you for that testimony, Ian.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »

Thank you for that testimony, Ian.

No problem, we all need to do that when it comes up, as it so often does, He is good. :)

But I didn't mean, and don't intend to take any one here offtopic  by sharing that...

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2010, 08:10:06 PM »

Would you not think that you should give as much credence to the testimony of Duane, Roger, Brad, Alex, Greg, T.D., J.H., D.C., Vicki, Sherry, A.L., Barbara, and all the rest as you would like to be given to your testimony? Would that not be putting into practice the golden rule?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »

1Jo 4:18     There is no fear in love; but perfect love  casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
What was that about? I just told you I'm not afraid or intimidated. I'm not paranoid, either. I'm just sick of you spouting off when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I'm tired of being silent and sitting by, hoping you'll eventually hush. You obviously aren't going to do that, so now you're going to hear what I think of your nonsense.

BTW, you probably shouldn't be bothering Danny with this stuff anyway. I hear he has his hands full with other matters these days.
Duane Clem

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2010, 04:37:05 AM »

1Jo 4:18     There is no fear in love; but perfect love  casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

What was that about? I just told you I'm not afraid or intimidated. I'm not paranoid, either. I'm just sick of you spouting off when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I'm tired of being silent and sitting by, hoping you'll eventually hush. You obviously aren't going to do that, so now you're going to hear what I think of your nonsense.

BTW, you probably shouldn't be bothering Danny with this stuff anyway. I hear he has his hands full with other matters these days.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, in communication with Danny Shelton about this, Duane.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:59:55 AM by Ian »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2010, 07:38:05 AM »

1Jo 4:18     There is no fear in love; but perfect love  casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, in communication with Danny Shelton about this, Duane.
Right.  ;)
Duane Clem
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Up