Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175683 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »

Maybe "in communication" just needs to be defined, you know how that is.

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

1Jo 4:18     There is no fear in love; but perfect love  casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
What was that about? I just told you I'm not afraid or intimidated. I'm not paranoid, either. I'm just sick of you spouting off when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I'm tired of being silent and sitting by, hoping you'll eventually hush. You obviously aren't going to do that, so now you're going to hear what I think of your nonsense.

BTW, you probably shouldn't be bothering Danny with this stuff anyway. I hear he has his hands full with other matters these days.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, in communication with Danny Shelton about this, Duane.
Right.  ;)
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »

Yes. I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:20 AM »

See? Here's the thing. I have posted on the boards for about 3 years now, I have posted a statement and numerous emails and other correspondence. Yet somehow, I'm "hiding from the truth" when I won't answer questions from someone I don't even know, and often who doesn't even have the courage to post their name. Someone who won't identify themselves needn't ask me anything to begin with.

And by the way, Cindy, I don't ever remember demanding that Danny or anyone else from 3ABN answer questions on the forums, as you so claim. If you find any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.
Duane Clem

GRAT

« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »

There is an excellent article from Time Mag. entitled "How Benedict Should Handle the Sex Abuse Scandal".  The line that struck me the most in regards to the TS cover up was: "Rather than another mea culpa (which has not happened in the TS case) for the sins of the abusers, the Pope must simply and publicly (italics mine) seek forgiveness for himself  - and other bishops - for what we might call the sins of ignorance and denial and administrative malfeasance that some critics say border on the criminal".  In the end the author did not give much hope of this Pope doing so.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »

Here you go, from Encarta:   
communication
noun
Definition:

1. exchange of information: the exchange of information between people, e.g. by means of speaking, writing, or using a common system of signs or behavior

2. message: a spoken or written message

3. act of communicating: the communicating of information

4. rapport: a sense of mutual understanding and sympathy

5. access: a means of access or communication.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »

communication
noun
Definition:

1. exchange of information: the exchange of information between people, e.g. by means of speaking, writing, or using a common system of signs or behavior

Hmmm. Didn't say anything about emails or PMs.
Duane Clem

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »

See? Here's the thing. I have posted on the boards for about 3 years now, I have posted a statement and numerous emails and other correspondence. Yet somehow, I'm "hiding from the truth" when I won't answer questions from someone I don't even know, and often who doesn't even have the courage to post their name. Someone who won't identify themselves needn't ask me anything to begin with.

Ummm,  hello... you don't ever require that anonymous posters or anonymous sources attacking 3ABN identify themselves, but in any case I have posted and you do know my name. And I hope you aren't attributing that quote that you are "hiding from the truth" to me for I never said that.

Here is what I asked you:

The unnamed Shelton in question does exist. I know him personally.

But you didn't hear that accusation from him, nor would you.  Are you really posting this to validate Sister's ugly accusation? Please tell me you aren't.
I'm posting it because it's the truth, and how do you know whether or not I have heard an accusation from him?

Ok, I meant no offense,  let me rephrase that to a simple yes or no question.

Have you ever heard it from him (the allegation that he was sexually molested by Tommy Shelton)  in all the time that you have known him?

Yes___   No____  
Did you actually think I was going to answer that?

Yes____ No____

Yes, I did.  Why wouldn't you? Aren't we all interested in the truth here? You jumped in fast enough to reply to sisters claims that an unnamed shelton was molested and claimed he existed as you knew him.

and

What do YOU really want, if not the truth? It can't be an apology, nor anything else offered to help you, for you've had that, more than once, from Tommy, and refused both.

What is your deal?

And by the way, Cindy, I don't ever remember demanding that Danny or anyone else from 3ABN answer questions on the forums, as you so claim. If you find any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

and btw I also I never claimed that, Duane. I was referring to your replies to anyone asking you any questions on this forum or the other forums such as BSDA or Christian forums.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:55:31 AM by Ian »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2010, 11:39:59 AM »

As long as we are being blunt here. I think the fact that you expect to have everything you say and imply taken as gospel truth while refusing to answer the questions those things cause displays little understanding of anything but your feelings and point of view. I also think the fact that you think you alone have to answer no questions while others do, is blind and misguided.
Duane Clem

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »

communication
noun
Definition:

Hmmm. Didn't say anything about emails or PMs.

This is absurdly paranoid on your part as far as I am concerned!

Does this work for you?

I am not now, nor have I ever been, in communication with Danny Shelton about this, Duane. That means I am not now, nor have I ever communicated with Danny Shelton about this ( this meaning: Tommy, you or anything related to the allegations against Tommy) whether orally in person, or by phone, walkie talkie, by email, pms by letter, by carrier pigeon, through a third party or any other form of communication you can think of.

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2010, 11:45:21 AM »

As long as we are being blunt here. I think the fact that you expect to have everything you say and imply taken as gospel truth while refusing to answer the questions those things cause displays little understanding of anything but your feelings and point of view. I also think the fact that you think you alone have to answer no questions while others do, is blind and misguided.

Read this again:
I was referring to your replies to anyone asking you any questions on this forum or the other forums such as BSDA or Christian forums.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:17 AM »

LOL! Now you see how irritating it is when someone picks apart every little thing you say.

Maybe you'll remember that in the future.
Duane Clem

Cindy

• Veteran Member
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »

LOL! Now you see how irritating it is when someone picks apart every little thing you say.

oh for pity's sake. Grow up, and take a lesson yourself. At least I have the courtesy to answer you.

Have a good weekend all...

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »

oh for pity's sake. Grow up, and take a lesson yourself. At least I have the courtesy to answer you.

Have a good weekend all...
Hey, if you can't stand the heat, ....well, you know the rest.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »

The five felony arrest warrants are available at http://www.save-3abn.com/news-releases-tommy-shelton-arrested.htm.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

The following was posted on BSDA on the 19th of February, 2007 by PJMusic:

First of all,I want to say how difficult it is to type this. I have been friends with Tommy's kids for a very long time. They are wonderful kids and I really feel sorry for them for all that they are having to go through. I have nothing to gain by writing this, but feel I should, as I was part of the Ezra congregation and my family was impacted by this as well. Some of you on this board don't believe what has happened, but I can tell you that as a teenager who was in this church, and what I was able to see, there is truth to these allegations.

I first started attending Ezra Church of God in 1974. I remember Tommy Shelton coming to my house and inviting my family to church. I was outside playing when this happened. From then, until 1987 I attended the church, except for about a span of a year or so between that time, during the mid-80's when the scandal hit.

I started attending the Ezra Church of God Christian School when I was 13. I was a classmate of Brad Dunning, Duane, Roger, Scott, Ricky, Greg, etc. These guys were my friends also, as we played basketball together, sang together, etc. I knew Ricky since he was about 5 or 6. Greg was one of my best friends.

I also recall the day when Brad stopped going to the school. Around this time I had heard rumors of what might be happening.

I watched as the split of the church took place in mid-80's and watched as my family was shunned by the church as they had sided with the few who believed the accusations were true. Many mean things came my family's way after all this happened. My family was friends with Sherry and others who were against Tommy. We had stopped attending the church for a time, although I myself went back, because of my involvement with different parts of the church at that time, like music and I lived with a family that attended the church as well. I remember well the "nervous breakdown" Tommy had. I also watched as certain teen guys seemed to always be with him, driving with him, pulling up in the same vehicle with him. I would watch as they would just follow behind and go straight back to Tommy's office before evening church service would begin. I even remember the song Tommy wrote during this breakdown called Sometimes I Just Want to go Home. I even remember the lyrics.

For some unknown reason in around 1984 or 85, Tommy bought me a new pair of black shoes. I remember us going up to Payless to get them. I felt good wearing them, because my other shoes were not that great and getting new shoes for me was really unaffordable with me family.

I have been on a trip to a music studio in Flora. I also was offered to drive but declined as I didn't feel comfortable. I remember being at the studio. (Their fridge only had TAB soda). For some reason, I was allowed to miss school to go on this trip.
On the drive back, Tommy asked me a strange question. He asked me if I wanted to ask him some personal questions. This made me feel quite uncomfortable, even at that age. I was not close to anyone, even my parents, so right away did not feel right even saying anything personal. The best thing I could come up with was "Do you think it's ok to have a girlfriend?". After his quick explanation of if it was ok (can't remember the answer), he pressed me once more for personal questions, which I had none I wanted to ask. It just all seemed awkward to me.

I have thus far never spoken of what I am about to write to anyone, but in light of what has come up, I feel I had to bring it up. I didn't feel comfortable discussing that type of thing back then so I remained quiet. I did not want confrontation.
I myself was never a victim. However I was told by one of the guys who has not come forward of what had happened to him. He told me once about something Tommy says to help gain trust. It's a story of David and Jonathan, and how the bible talks about a "special love" between them. Tommy then compares this to him and this guy. He then tells me that after that, Tommy asks for this guy to do something for him. This all took place in the mid 80's, when I was about 15 or 16. I won't go in detail as to what was asked and done further to him, but it is along the lines of Duane's letter.

I am not sure why I stayed with Ezra even after my family left due to the scandal that started. My own family was disappointed in me when they found out that I had started attending there again. I already knew the things against Tommy at this time, but still I stayed, maybe feeling that as long as it never happened to me, then it's ok. The only friends I ever knew attended there. Without going there, I had no friends. I had always had this jealousy at the time that I was never included in anything that the other guys had, like being asked to sing, or participate in things. Maybe it was because I didn't sing good. I played piano, which ironically was inspired to me by Tommy.

As for Danny, well I can only give personal views on him. I didn't really care to much for him, as he did construction on the school and would play basketball with the team during P.E. He was a good shooter though but on a personal level, well he seemed quite demanding and cocky.

I really don't know what to think about all this. Some relief perhaps as I know of victims who have not come forward, many who were my friends. I only hope that something finally gets done so there can be some closure.

I am not religious, and as of now have not intention of being religious, although I have some values. My mind is always in gospel music even though I could never live that lifestyle. But I do hope that the right thing is done. I truly feel that I could have been a victim because there are similarities as to what favors were done for me to gain trust that had also happened to my friends. Tommy is a very convincing individual and knows how to gain trust. As ne who once attended Ezra and a friend of these victims from Ezra, we do need closure.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Up