Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton arrested!  (Read 175696 times)

Adam

• Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton arrested!
« Reply #330 on: June 10, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »

Do you think Pastor Wood might be called to testify in he July trials?

I would assume so.  I would also assume he would be included in any civil suite.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

mrst53

« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »

Then I guess he won't talk to me, until after the trials- oh well.....maybe his daughter will..... :scratch:

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

Then I guess he won't talk to me, until after the trials- oh well.....maybe his daughter will..... :scratch:

Unless he is involved? Which would make perfect sense if he overlooked the past of Tommy Ray Shelton, when he allowed him to serve as his predecessor.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

mrst53

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2010, 05:31:07 PM »

That could be true, but knowing Pastor Wood and how he felt about Dunn Loring Church of God, I don't think so. When I was growing up, he considered it "his church". I can't imagine, that he would allow anyone with any smudge on their past to take over "his church". The one thing I do know, is that he loved kids and would have NEVER allowed someone to come to his church, like TS, if he had known. I have a feeling, the other church wanted to get rid of TS and just didn't bother to tell him any "bad things" .I could be wrong...

jolull

« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »

Distressing, very, but at least the truth and justice can be done for all involved now, and the proper authorities are taking care of it in the right way. I will be praying for all involved and their families, and yes that does include Tommy.

Distressing that this is classified under "crime" committed by a pastor!

Johann

« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

I would assume so.  I would also assume he would be included in any civil suite.

So the case does not close that soon?

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »

So the case does not close that soon?

I would assume not, seeing that the victims have hired well known attorney, John Manly.  An attorney who is notorious for his cases against catholic priest pedophiles. I would assume this is only one step of many.
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »

Sounds like this attorney will collect for the victims. The "clan" should not have tried a cover up.....

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »

What's done in the dark..........
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

Yes and I hope that people will not send in the money for these money soaking "pits"

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2010, 06:29:58 PM »

Even if TS is so lucky to get a "not guilty" verdict.  That does not at all declare or foreshadow what a civil suite jury may decide. OJ Simpson is a true example of that.
Billy Graham

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »

Exactly!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2010, 05:28:49 AM »

Even if TS is so lucky to get a "not guilty" verdict.  That does not at all declare or foreshadow what a civil suite jury may decide. OJ Simpson is a true example of that.

If he is convicted and goes to prison, a civil suit would be positive in that it might give Tommy an opportunity to take a break from prison in order to attend the civil trial.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #343 on: June 18, 2010, 05:53:14 AM »

If he is convicted and goes to prison, a civil suit would be positive in that it might give Tommy an opportunity to take a break from prison in order to attend the civil trial.

Is this an example of positive thinking?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

mrst53

« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up