Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jim Gilley and Danny Shelton  (Read 23115 times)

Johann

Re: Jim Gilley and Danny Shelton
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 03:33:22 AM »

Sam, you may be out there like Pluto on many things, but I agree with you on the above. You have hit the nail on the head here. I have no doubt that many people would love to see Danny back full time on the air, and that they want very  much to have him back in the seat of power. Danny has been, and is, what many people want more than anything. He has long been the central figure of their spiritual lives and without his presence there is a spiritual vacuum in their souls. Cults of personality are nothing new. History is rich with the dynamic of the person who needs to be adored and followed, and the myriad sycophants who must adore and follow.

The people I talked with did not give me the impression at all that they were "myriad sycophants".  Quite the opposite. They were down home type christian people who like to feel like they are part of the 3abn family. Why?  Because Danny and a lot of the 3abn crew don't put on airs, act snobby or formal.  Instead Danny and his family have given 3abn the comfortable down home feel.  They themselves have been raised in a rural area their whole lives. They were poor, they don't have college educations and guess what?  People love it.  Contrary to what you said, people love that Danny doesn't act like some kind of guru that has all the answers of life.  You know that from personal experience. You just get some kind of kick out of slamming him and the people at 3abn.  That's ok.  For every one of "your kind"  there are 1000 others that feel just the opposite and they prove it by their financial support and prayers everyday.

Having said that, let's assume that you were right and all 3abn supporters are "myriad sycophants". (how ridiculous) Why blame Danny for that?  He can't help how people think or act, good or bad.  That's why these forums are such a laugh at times as everthing anyone says or does is blamed on Danny.  If I say something you don't like you all say "See that's how Danny's "people" are.   :ROFL:  I am not Danny's person.  I am just me and have no one's opinion except my own. I'm just A struggling christian trying to live for Jesus and one of my ways for doing that is to defend God's ministry.  Simple.

Sam, you and I have something in common. Both of us have been defending 3ABN and Danny Shelton. I accepted a position  at 3ABN after I retired from the ministry in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and as such I traveled around in Europe, wrote many letters, and made many phone calls, working for and defending 3ABN and Danny Shelton, trying to convince Church leaders that they needed to cooperate with this ministry, and that they should trust Danny Shelton, even if they had encountered his failures to do the right thing in the past. I was convinced he was a child of God, and that his past mistakes would not be repeated.

I prayed, and I thanked God for giving me the opportunity to do just what you state you are doing right now. I organized Danny, Linda, and Tommy Shelton's first visit to Northern Europe. We had rallies and meetings in Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, and Switzerland. We arranged for dishes so that more people in these countries could enjoy 3ABN. We had plans to continue with greater effort than before when I suddenly discovered that Danny was not telling the truth, that what had prevented certain church leaders from cooperating with him in the past were on the increase rather than decrease.

Sam, that is where I came to the point where my conscience no longer permitted me to support. When I saw his unchristian accusations against his wife, Linda, my relationship with God prevented me from supporting.

I do not blame you for not having seen and experienced what I have. There might be some who have seen it, but they feel the ministry of 3ABN is too important for them to do what their conscience is telling them to do.

When I was at 3ABN people were sneering at HOPE and their attempt to become the channel of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Some seemed to indicate that HOPE would never make it because it is only 3ABN which is using the right methods. . . Danny Shelton told me HOPE was proclaiming a false message. Some may still feel this way, although HOPE has come a long way since then.

Sam

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »

Sam, you may be out there like Pluto on many things, but I agree with you on the above. You have hit the nail on the head here. I have no doubt that many people would love to see Danny back full time on the air, and that they want very  much to have him back in the seat of power. Danny has been, and is, what many people want more than anything. He has long been the central figure of their spiritual lives and without his presence there is a spiritual vacuum in their souls. Cults of personality are nothing new. History is rich with the dynamic of the person who needs to be adored and followed, and the myriad sycophants who must adore and follow.

The people I talked with did not give me the impression at all that they were "myriad sycophants".  Quite the opposite. They were down home type christian people who like to feel like they are part of the 3abn family. Why?  Because Danny and a lot of the 3abn crew don't put on airs, act snobby or formal.  Instead Danny and his family have given 3abn the comfortable down home feel.  They themselves have been raised in a rural area their whole lives. They were poor, they don't have college educations and guess what?  People love it.  Contrary to what you said, people love that Danny doesn't act like some kind of guru that has all the answers of life.  You know that from personal experience. You just get some kind of kick out of slamming him and the people at 3abn.  That's ok.  For every one of "your kind"  there are 1000 others that feel just the opposite and they prove it by their financial support and prayers everyday.

Having said that, let's assume that you were right and all 3abn supporters are "myriad sycophants". (how ridiculous) Why blame Danny for that?  He can't help how people think or act, good or bad.  That's why these forums are such a laugh at times as everthing anyone says or does is blamed on Danny.  If I say something you don't like you all say "See that's how Danny's "people" are.   :ROFL:  I am not Danny's person.  I am just me and have no one's opinion except my own. I'm just A struggling christian trying to live for Jesus and one of my ways for doing that is to defend God's ministry.  Simple.

Sam, you and I have something in common. Both of us have been defending 3ABN and Danny Shelton. I accepted a position  at 3ABN after I retired from the ministry in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and as such I traveled around in Europe, wrote many letters, and made many phone calls, working for and defending 3ABN and Danny Shelton, trying to convince Church leaders that they needed to cooperate with this ministry, and that they should trust Danny Shelton, even if they had encountered his failures to do the right thing in the past. I was convinced he was a child of God, and that his past mistakes would not be repeated.

I prayed, and I thanked God for giving me the opportunity to do just what you state you are doing right now. I organized Danny, Linda, and Tommy Shelton's first visit to Northern Europe. We had rallies and meetings in Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, and Switzerland. We arranged for dishes so that more people in these countries could enjoy 3ABN. We had plans to continue with greater effort than before when I suddenly discovered that Danny was not telling the truth, that what had prevented certain church leaders from cooperating with him in the past were on the increase rather than decrease.

Sam, that is where I came to the point where my conscience no longer permitted me to support. When I saw his unchristian accusations against his wife, Linda, my relationship with God prevented me from supporting.

I do not blame you for not having seen and experienced what I have. There might be some who have seen it, but they feel the ministry of 3ABN is too important for them to do what their conscience is telling them to do.

When I was at 3ABN people were sneering at HOPE and their attempt to become the channel of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Some seemed to indicate that HOPE would never make it because it is only 3ABN which is using the right methods. . . Danny Shelton told me HOPE was proclaiming a false message. Some may still feel this way, although HOPE has come a long way since then.

Johann, I don't quite understand the highlighted statement above.  By the time you came to 3abn ,the ministry was well established, and well supported not only financially but supported by leadership all the way up to the GC. Their appearances, programs and support in their churches were well evident.

To try and insinuate that you were "trying to talk people" into supporting Danny & 3abn is totally untrue.  Of course, there are always a few here and there that don't like something or someone but, in general, 3abn was greatly supported by the denomination.

You may be getting as good at twisting as Pickle.

Johann

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 02:11:57 PM »

I was speaking of leadership in the area of the world to which I was assigned to do my work.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:25:56 PM by Johann »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you but I saw and heard quite the opposite while visiting the TC weekend at 3abn in May. I had plenty of time to mingle with those attending as well as the pastors, speakers and guests.  I heard over and over again how much everyone wanted Danny back on the air full time instead of just part time. THey were thrilled that he took such a large part in the campmeeting/TC event.  I heard many people say that Jim was great, but 3abn was Danny. Pastor Jim told me himself his hope is that after Danny has had a well earned rest, he hopes for him [Danny Lee Shelton] to be back to his former position.

Some people just never learn!!! And what is preventing them from putting Danny back in the Presidents' seat and on the air full time?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

Interesting.  Could one interpret sammy's post to mean that Elder Gilley is leaving 3ABN and Danny will be back in the President's job?

Some people just never learn!!! And what is preventing them from putting Danny back in the Presidents' seat and on the air full time?
Gailon Arthur Joy

Sorry to disappoint you but I saw and heard quite the opposite while visiting the TC weekend at 3abn in May. I had plenty of time to mingle with those attending as well as the pastors, speakers and guests.  I heard over and over again how much everyone wanted Danny back on the air full time instead of just part time. THey were thrilled that he took such a large part in the campmeeting/TC event.  I heard many people say that Jim was great, but 3abn was Danny. Pastor Jim told me himself his hope is that after Danny has had a well earned rest, he hopes for him [Danny Lee Shelton] to be back to his former position.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »

Certainly sounds like Gilley's Succession Plan...wonder if the Board  "unanimously" adopted that plan??? Want to enlighten us SAM???

Gailon Arthur Joy

Sam

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

Danny is, the way I heard it.  He isn't ready just yet to come back full time.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »

Pastor Jim told me himself his hope is that after Danny has had a well earned rest, he hopes for him to come back to his former position.

So are the Fiscalinis, Johann, Linda, Derrell, and Duane coming back too? Can't recall them doing anything remotely akin to what Danny has done.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »

So will Elder Gilley be going back to Texas?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »

So will Elder Gilley be going back to Texas?

Gailon Arthur Joy

He hasn't returned yet. I wonder how he enjoys working under DANNY SHELTON.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »

Who hasn't returned, Elder Jim Gilley?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

There was the question if Jim Gilley might be returning to Texas. . .

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

Sammy, baby;

I hope Danny gets "ready" real soon...the day he is back, will make my day!!! I have not stopped collecting notes and data to demonstrate the evil that permeates from a DLS administration and it will be fun updating the e-mail list and warming up the website for a second shot at the counterfeit!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up