Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

The 2300 days

<< < (6/7) > >>

Bob Pickle:

--- Quote from: Another PM from NJK ---A perfect case in point of your shoddy exegesis, on top of it being devoid, oblivious and/or indifferent of/to concrete historical facts, you need to read a city rebuilding into the Cyrus decree when there is no textual evidence of this at all.
--- End quote ---

Seems to me that Is. 44 & 45 are Bible texts, and that thus they constitute textual evidence that Cyrus' decree did in fact command the building of the city.

Beyond Isaiah we have 2 Chr., Ezra 1, and Ezra 6. Not sure if there are any other sources that would give us hints as to the content of Cyrus' decree. Given the scarcity of sources, we really ought to include Is. 44 & 45 in the list, especially since doing so supports PK's identification of Ezra 4's Ahashuerus and Artaxerxes as being Cambyses and the false Smerdis.

--- Quote from: NJK's PM ---(1) Your exegesis is quite demonstrably, factually, shallow, shoddy and whimsical. ... E.g., if Jesus Himself made quite harmless id mistake in Matt 25:38 then it shows me that ... (b) he was then indeed in a candid and genuine anger at the Jewish leader ... and thus misspoke on that insignificant detail ... (d) that is all according to the possible humanness involved in the prophetic office which Jesus depended upon for direct revelations from God. ... you are not going by what the text clearly says (i.e., in regards to a slight error) but what you think it should say.

A perfect case in point of your shoddy exegesis, on top of it being devoid, oblivious and/or indifferent of/to concrete historical facts, ... and then having a discussion with you would begin to be worthwhile for me.

... it is you who is building a fictious faith through shoddy and subjective exegesis. My critical approach to Biblical study has no only help me see the full truth ... Continue your afactual, sanctimonious way, and I’ll go by my textually factual approach ... You have been most slyly deceived into thinking that by your sanctimonious and afactual approach that you are doing God’s work, but you are “factually” not and doing a great disservice to the cause of Truth. And as many example s can gloriously show I have always approach God’s word with faith, but unlike your spurious and shallow faith, it is rather a deeper on which, when confronted with a clear inconsistency or error in the Bible or SOP, seek to find out why that is so and the Truth that is found is so much more glorious than your glossingly indifferent hedging. ... There is not an sincere infidel who will be convinced by your mindless and unrealistic “faith” nor “exegesis”. So do ‘check yourself to see if you are in the faith.’

... So at best, it is just your lack of informed knowledge/ignorance that is variously judgementally speaking into these matters.
--- End quote ---

I think the truth is supposed to be more than intellectual. It is supposed to sanctify, which should lead us to temper our speech, and not pour forth loads of verbal abuse.

As for "you are not going by what the text clearly says, ... but what you think it should say" I never gave an explanation for Mat. 23:35, and thus NJK has no basis for this accusation.

Murcielago:
Putting down the intellectual capacity of others by inference, direct disparagement, or by use of verbosity meant to impress, in no way impresses, and in no way demonstrates your elevation, or the superiority of your points. Indeed, it can make you and your message appear to be cheap posturing.

Bob Pickle:
Wow! The guy just does not get it. I received another PM filled with more rude, pompous remarks. The only other thing I'll say about it concerns the following:

--- Quote from: Bob Pickle on July 10, 2012, 07:28:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: Another PM from NJK ---A perfect case in point of your shoddy exegesis, on top of it being devoid, oblivious and/or indifferent of/to concrete historical facts, you need to read a city rebuilding into the Cyrus decree when there is no textual evidence of this at all.
--- End quote ---

Seems to me that Is. 44 & 45 are Bible texts, and that thus they constitute textual evidence that Cyrus' decree did in fact command the building of the city.

Beyond Isaiah we have 2 Chr., Ezra 1, and Ezra 6. Not sure if there are any other sources that would give us hints as to the content of Cyrus' decree. Given the scarcity of sources, we really ought to include Is. 44 & 45 in the list, especially since doing so supports PK's identification of Ezra 4's Ahashuerus and Artaxerxes as being Cambyses and the false Smerdis.

--- End quote ---

Though NJK quoted the same basic point from my PM to him, he refused to respond to the point, and resorted to insults yet again. Therefore, I think we can reasonably conclude that he has no answer for the point, and that thus Is. 44 and 45 really do tell us that Cyrus' decree commanded the building of the city, not just the temple.

tinka:
I know one other person like this and they are schizophrenic and even though treated Their symptoms are so engrossed with their self that they go into a fit if you ask how their family is and don't point blank ask them how they are. Then you will hear this same rattle from them. People tried for years to help to explain kindly and there is absolutely no penetrating either and they just don't get it either. It is sad. I cannot understand it. But it is a sickness. They are educated as a journalist and writer. and write the same way.   I watched (them) go on public TV and about had a shocked mind when I heard all that was proclaimed.  I really don't know what you can do other then medication for them to live in society and deal with obscene characters.

What I read here in case anyone got that far as many many tried to help but negative response admitted throughout about how ignorant everyone was. That is typical symptom of illness. and you all know how genius
 Howard Hughes was.

Bob Pickle:
NJK just wrote me yet again, and boy is he ticked! He's even threatening to sue for slander and libel. Daryl, did you have this much trouble with the guy?

Seems to me that Ellen White wrote that we aren't to sue our brethren, and if we do, God won't hear our prayers. Does NJK think that Ellen White got that wrong too?

I just can't imagine a jury deciding that it is libelious and slanderous to say that this guy comes across as pompous, arrogant, and rude. He's certainly provided a good bit of evidence to support such an opinion.

By the way, in this latest PM, NJK still refuses to respond to the point about Is. 44 and 45 being evidence regarding the contents of Cyrus' decree. Certainly "... like the infantile “reasonable” reasoning of an 8-year=old = “third grader”!" isn't a response, since these words of his are referring to my conclusion that he doesn't have an answer. Regarding his failure to provide a response, he explicitly said, "And really... my deliberate non-answer of your spurious claim ...."

Based on his admittedly "deliberate non-answer," one is free to form the opinion, absent other evidence, that he really does not have an answer, and therefore has stooped to throwing insults. Of course, there are other possible opinions that one might form, but that certainly is one possibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version