Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rosemary Potato Wedges With Pearl Onions  (Read 3226 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Rosemary Potato Wedges With Pearl Onions
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:25:45 PM »

Rosemary Potato Wedges With Pearl Onions

SERVES 2 -4

Ingredients:

2 large potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick wedges (russets, Yukon Golds, etc.)
8 ounces white pearl onions, peeled, halved and layers mostly separated
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix to coat everything well.
Place bowl's contents in single layer on non-stick spray-coated baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, turning once half-way through cooking. Check for doneness at 30 minutes. (If your oven runs particularly hot, lower temperature to 375°.).

© 2008 Recipezaar

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Rosemary Potato Wedges With Pearl Onions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »

This one sounds really good. Now just have to hire a cook to keep up with all :rabbit:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

I have a cook - but he has gone and left me!!   My husband is a great cook but he has gone to Indonesia to be involved in
an evangelistic campaign in a town where he first preached 45 years ago.   So I guess I have the opportunity to try some
for myself.  Could really surprise him when he returns. ;D

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »

The potatoes sounded yummy to me, too! Emma, how long will your husband be in Indonesia for the evangelistic campaign? A husband that cooks? That is wonderful! Before my husband and I married, he cooked for me once. At that point we came to a decision about division of labor for our married life: I would cook, he would eat, and to give me a break for Sabbath, he would do the dishes. Actually, I married a lovely man and whenever I am sick or feeling really tired he does the dishes.

Emma

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 03:16:47 AM »

My husband will be away a total of 3 weeks.   There are some exciting things happening in Indonesia.  He is in the Manado region, where the majority of the population
is Christian - different from most of that country, obviously.
Pages: [1]   Go Up