Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, Bob?  (Read 20721 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Why, Bob?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 07:15:22 AM »

This is all interesting and such, but why is violating the following rule being allowed here?
4.   Members agree to stay on the topic of a particular thread or to start a new topic.  Members also agree to include the complete identifying header when quoting another post.

Because, Daryl, after you resigned from the admin team, we revised our forum rules TOGETHER, discussed them amongst ourselves and decided how we wanted to interpret rule #4.  We actually did that together, as a team, rather than continue with the dictator approach.  You, as a member, are more than welcome to invoke rule #7 if you have a problem with the direction of a particular thread.  However, a private report might serve your needs better than a public complaint.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

Asking as an Admin, exactly what was wrong with #4 as it stood?  it is the same at BSDA.  Sure there is some leniency for the way a thread can waunder natrually, but if you go completely off topic or even simislar and a completely different angle, then it is suggested that you start another thread.Youc an answer this in PM if you like.  I was just curious, as it seems to be pretty standard. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »

Greek Mythology,,

The powers of Lucifer and how he promised one third of the angels of becoming gods too....of the Sun, moon, stars,etc,etc,etc. to join with him.... After all he was the prince of the earth.  He could be visible or non visible take on form the same as in the garden. Think that did not happen with their Satanic powers. His magical powers and all his wisdom was not taken from him as he was ejected out of Heaven and the evil gods of this earth. I believe the evil angels did take names Of god's of possessions, then used their magical powers and that went on until and to the Witch of Endor when at that time some of the worst knowledge of witchcraft in evil books were destroyed. I think maybe was it Saul in the end that did that?? OH yes, I believe the Greek Mythology was Satanic for real. Now we are warned of this still working craft, and in the Bible and to the modern day New devices of sudduction. Harry Potter must be quite entertaining to the star viewers. These are all the same tactics (just some worse the others) used to seal the mind and sub conscience that may pop up to use for fatal choices. In my life of how ever God made it for me or what I chose to do or what I have lived through ,   I never, ever had to be entertained with anything, with every thing in this world to do to for the sake of God, family and others.  I do not even regret that I was not a game player, and low and behold as I read back in the days of EGW I do not think she had time for such intertainment herself. although I do like a good laugh when anything is a funny reality. and to tell the truth about myself ..if I get time and run across it you would hear me laughing at the  BBC and "Keeping up with appearances" I enjoy the English. I find that I still have much to learn to the most important task of preparing for the biggest trip when there is no more time that I have to be worried about time wasted. Then I will probably grow flowers instead of vegetables.  If I can make it  ;)

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »

This is all interesting and such, but why is violating the following rule being allowed here?

4.   Members agree to stay on the topic of a particular thread or to start a new topic.  Members also agree to include the complete identifying header when quoting another post.

Because, Daryl, after you resigned from the admin team, we revised our forum rules TOGETHER, discussed them amongst ourselves and decided how we wanted to interpret rule #4.  We actually did that together, as a team, rather than continue with the dictator approach.  

You, as a member, are more than welcome to invoke rule #7 if you have a problem with the direction of a particular thread.  However, a private report might serve your needs better than a public complaint.

Enough is enough!  Were the words bolded in maroon really necessary from an administrator in public?  Would the both of you take this private and keep it there?

Daryl,

I am sorry you were not aware of the rule change.  I am sorry you had to find out in the above manner.  I hope you will stick around.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »

Because, Daryl, after you resigned from the admin team, we revised our forum rules TOGETHER, discussed them amongst ourselves and decided how we wanted to interpret rule #4.  We actually did that together, as a team, rather than continue with the dictator approach.  

You, as a member, are more than welcome to invoke rule #7 if you have a problem with the direction of a particular thread.  However, a private report might serve your needs better than a public complaint.

Enough is enough!  Were the words bolded in maroon really necessary from an administrator in public?  Would the both of you take this private and keep it there?

Daryl,

I am sorry you were not aware of the rule change.  I am sorry you had to find out in the above manner.  I hope you will stick around.

You know what Fran?  There was no "rule change" - just a change in interpretation.  I responded to Daryl as I did because I am tired of his public jabs at administration since he left, both here and elsewhere.  If you knew all the details, you might have a different perspective.  Where is your righteous indignation over the way Daryl, ex-administrator here, has treated the rest of us?  You can't answer that because you don't know.  Never mind.  Your viewpoint is obvious.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »

Seems to me that this thread has run its course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up