Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas prices?  (Read 34341 times)

Johann

Re: Gas prices?
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »

Understanding international issues demand the knowledge of some variations in the meaning of words and expressions. In teh Scandinaian languages we have words that in some cases mean the opposite.

reddogs

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 04:03:05 AM »

Tonight...4:30 pm...Tontitown Arkansas....$1.96 per gallon.  I am amazed and just suspicious enough to think the prices have been manipulated because of the election.....

Happy Sabbath

Wow, I am voting for whoever brought it down...... ;)

Johann

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 01:37:40 AM »

Are we just getting used to high gas prices?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 02:36:32 AM »

In Texas, many oil and gas companies are closing down.  Good employees are being transferred to PA.  All drilling has stopped.  Many wells have been capped and pumping has stopped.  We live in an economy of supply and demand.  As Demand continues, supplies will be cut off.  This means prices go down.   This is how they are helping our economy?  Sometime I don't need help like that!

It should help the global economy!  They will get more per gallon.  Since our wells are shut down, where do you suppose we will be getting our oil/gas?  Remember, we are shutting down!  Sometimes I wonder who is in charge!

I just found out I am in what they call a donut hole with my drugs.  Yeah!  I have a secondary insurance and for 4 years I have had to pay zero!  Drugs were not in my budget!  Oops, this is another improvement Obama has been doing to improve our medical care!  It all depends on where you sit.  You need medical care and drugs, you better get prepared to pay through the teeth!

I believe the lower price of gas is over and will only get worse!

Johann

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »

Major oil companies will soon be drilling for oil offshore around Iceland. It may take 8-10 years, but it is claimed that just the drilling will increase employment in secluded areas and benefit the general economy right from the start.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up