Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?  (Read 139476 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Should Christians gossip and pass on hear-say?
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

That my brother is were the rubber meets the road, do we follow what evil others do and let it control us, or what Christ asked us to follow.........?

I assure you, I have not followed their evil example by sending nasty letters to silence those concerned about child molestation allegations. Nor have I engaged in private inurement. Nor have I trashed my family on globally televised broadcasts.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »

I would say that not a few folks have wondered if the Shelton gang today is akin to the Shelton gang of yesteryear. If the various examples of wrongdoing and intimidation and retaliation today do remind one of the lawless deeds of the namesakes of 80 years ago, then it is possible that keeping things secret is imprudent.

reddogs

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »

That my brother is were the rubber meets the road, do we follow what evil others do and let it control us, or what Christ asked us to follow.........?

I assure you, I have not followed their evil example by sending nasty letters to silence those concerned about child molestation allegations. Nor have I engaged in private inurement. Nor have I trashed my family on globally televised broadcasts.

But it has hurt you my brother, it has reached in and caused anger and resentment to creep into your heart, and show itself. Do your part in the case as needed, but ask in prayer that you may be given the strenght to return good for evil my brother and forgive those that did evil, and to heal you from its pain and injury. I will pray the same..

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Habanero

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2008, 03:41:52 PM »

Thank God for people who are able to get far enough past Christian principles extrapolated from quotations of religious authority that they are able to actively show Christian love that comes from the heart.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »

But it has hurt you my brother, it has reached in and caused anger and resentment to creep into your heart, and show itself. Do your part in the case as needed, but ask in prayer that you may be given the strenght to return good for evil my brother and forgive those that did evil, and to heal you from its pain and injury. I will pray the same..

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Quite a leap to make concerning someone you don't know isn't it? Do you think it is possible for someone to defend themselves,wish to see responsibility in something that concerns us all?

What good would you like to see returned. Not responding to a lawsuit?? Not to smart.  Maybe the good you see is turning your back on something you see as very wrong and harming the denomination as a whole?
Hopefully in time many more that care about and love the denomination will step forward, irrespective of those like yourself that condemn. Would there be someday a whole lot more that will step up to the plate.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

But it has hurt you my brother, it has reached in and caused anger and resentment to creep into your heart, and show itself.

I tend to think that righteous indignation is when we are angry, not over what someone has don to us, but over what someone has done to God or the least of Christ's brethren.

Remember when Christ was angry because leaders didn't want Him to heal someone on the Sabbath?

Mr 3:5  And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

I am indignant that so many people have been hurt by the Shelton gang, and that the reputation of Seventh-day Adventism has been jeopardized by their abysmal actions. I thank God that I have had the opportunity to visit and pray with some of these folk.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

Reddogs, where have you gotten the strange idea that Bob Pickle is motivated in his actions by pain and injury???

Are you aware that there is a condition known as paranoid schizophrenia?

I wouldn't want to you to hurt your reputation as a sane, rational person by throwing out inappropriate designations concerning other people. 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »

Reddogs, assuming that you are not delusional, which I would have no reason to think except for the strange motivations you are coming up with for other people, I wonder if there is some other cause for your fixation on Bob's motivations.

Have you been getting bad advice from someone?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Ozzie

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »

[/quote]

Reddogs, where have you gotten the strange idea that Bob Pickle is motivated in his actions by pain and injury???

Are you aware that there is a condition known as paranoid schizophrenia?I wouldn't want to you to hurt your reputation as a sane, rational person by throwing out inappropriate designations concerning other people. 

Artiste, thank you for putting my thoughts into words.

I think that Reddogs needs to be careful in what he alludes to. As I've spent so many years working with people blighted by the illness of paranoid schizophrenia unfortunately, I do tend to pick up on symptoms quite a bit. SO many go around continuously quoting Scripture out of context, proclaiming themselves to be Prophets, and worse still, many claiming to be Christ Himself.

I'm hoping that I am wrong about reddogs.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

reddogs

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2008, 07:07:29 PM »

But it has hurt you my brother, it has reached in and caused anger and resentment to creep into your heart, and show itself.

I tend to think that righteous indignation is when we are angry, not over what someone has don to us, but over what someone has done to God or the least of Christ's brethren.

Remember when Christ was angry because leaders didn't want Him to heal someone on the Sabbath?

Mr 3:5  And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

I am indignant that so many people have been hurt by the Shelton gang, and that the reputation of Seventh-day Adventism has been jeopardized by their abysmal actions. I thank God that I have had the opportunity to visit and pray with some of these folk.

This 3ABN issue all around needs to be taken care of, and bringing it to those who have authority over the production or finances usually has the best results. It has not done any good for anybody, and the members have been divided and some have suffered, it needs a resolution for everyone affected. I dont know all the particulars but the quicker its taken care of the better, and if the slate has to be cleaned, then so be it. But the picture it paints of Chritians and Adventist is disapointing to say the least, hopefully those in authority see the harm and move quickly to bring this to a end..

God Bless
Red
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:10:50 PM by reddogs »

Lil Star

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »

Reddogs, you must be getting tired after having to say the same thing over and over because nobody will listen to you or at least won't do as you say.

I won't mind if you take a rest for a while.

I have to agree with you Artiste, I would not mind in the least if he would take a rest for awhile. It would seem to me that if someone has to repeat him/herself more than just a few times that they would get the message that no one cares about his opinion.

RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

GRAT

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

Reddogs  Maybe you should take the time to look into all the particulars - You might get a clearer picture if you keep your eyes open.  ::)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »

"What you dont seem to realize is that none of this brings glory to God, the way everyone has acted is like what you see in a daytime soap opera. Evil has toppled what once was a Christian show,..."

How perceptive. I would agree that "evil has toppled what was once a Christian Show..." but your evil source seems mis-directed. It was the evil within that was the ultimate challenge here.

Where was the evil with Davenport or Pawtucket Health Institute that cost the church millions? Was it with James Ware, John Adams or John Felts who heralded the error at the top of their lungs and helped to limit the losses to the church by catching it and reporting it early? or was it with Davenport who sued Adams and Felts to shut them up so he could keep the pyramid scheme going?  ( The best history of this virtual collapse of stewardship within the church while men of the cloth profited is outlined in "Who Watches? Who Cares?" by Dog Hackleman, but that history may be seen as gossip in your world)

Clearly, the record will demonstrate that as selfish purpose and self inurement took a bigger toll from the 3ABN ministry, so did the issues. As Danny began doing book deals and Lord only knows what all else, the Dept of Revenue shows up and gives them a tax bill.

Was this a warning? Was this God's Judgement upon 3ABN after so many miscues?
We will not recite the entire history, but, I would be so bold as to declare it was. And what was the response: Arrogance and pride required they self preserve rather than confess, repent and reform. They sued the State of Illinois Dept of Revenue. AND LOST?

Where was God's protection here? The evidence is that God's character was rejected and Caste Aside  and new heights of avarice were yet to be demonstrated. They appealed and spun the decision rather than confess, repent and reform...and don't forget, more book deals and then the jet.

The 990's demonstrate that they were seeing a decline in revenues and most would declare the Jet Story was the reason. In fact, many believe the Jet was an albatross around the neck of 3ABN. But once again, God's character was caste aside and avarice woud reach even loftier heights: Danny sacrificed his own wife on the alter of avarice and tried to convince the world that he had rid the camp of evil...and it almost worked, but the Lord would not allow it, evil still infected the camp and the ruse failed to work.

Yes, many of you people and a host of others at BlackSDA and within SDA congregations across the NAD were not to be fooled and once again gifts fell in response to the remarriage to Brandy.

And as though the judgment of the Lord spoke decisively, Sky Angels' Transponders went down right after the remarriage. Co-incidence, or hand of the Lord? With a single stroke 3ABN lost over 20,000 SDA skyangel viewers and supporters at just the moment they needed them most...between the remarriage and the grandiose Ten Commandments Twice Removed Campaign culminating in the Ten Commandments Weekend.

But this was an overwhelming success we are told, right? For Danny Lee Shelton, the moving of the TCTR book to outstanding levels of about $4.8 Million Copies "bought", not sold, by 3ABN and the resulting royalties were just well beyond the expectations of even Danny Shelton and Dwight Hall. But the 990's once again tell the story and 3ABN lost nearly 3 Million dollars in 2006 while Danny Lee Shelton made great money. And what about the big week-end in Washington Dc at the Armory set up to accomodate record crowds and an international preaching effort? Well, a disaster is the best description. Most meetings were attended by less than 1500 people in the "studio audience" and Sabbath is said to have peeked out at less than 3000 for the Sabbath Service in the cradle of adventism with many 1000 plus churches within an hours drive.

To add insult to injury, Danny had his own brother, a defrocked and non-SDA pastor, do the final message, a direct afront to the Seventh-day Adventist congregations. Interesting that this final message has been missing from replays of the over glorified week-end in Washington, DC.

And after this disaster, they went to ASI and Danny Lee Shelton rolled out his young new filly, and strangely, things continued to spiral downwards. Steenson had his outrageous confrontation with Pickle there and many an administrator
became convinved their was fire where there was smoke. They rolled out a torrent of information until I was convinced that indeed their was fire under all that smoke and opened our investigation in tandem with Pickles.

Pickle and I had a number of communications with Danny, Thompson and a host of other 3ABN players and realized the entire tale was factually challenged. We called for an ecclesiastical process to reolve the questions. Now was this "evil" or the hand of God once again seeking confession, repentance and reform? But, yet again, pride and avarice would rule and Danny Lee Shelton and 3ABN pulled out the ecclesiastical process and filed suite instead.

It has been a sad tale since then and the problem is not the evil outside for the Biblical principal is "If the Lord Be with you, who can be against you?"

The solution remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...there must be confession, repentance and reform to remove th evil from the camp or else we shall most certainly see the the removal of the Aachan in the camp.

So, reddog, wonderful to think of mercy, mercy, mercy and to try and spin it that it is evil attacking 3ABN, but far too many events in sequence with cause and effect clearly demonstrate the evil is within the camp.

SO, you are correct,
"it is obvious that pride and arrogance has crept in and destroyed what once spread Gods truth and snuffed out what was a shinning light..." and all the fruits of the evil spirits have been alive and well at 3ABN which I believe you defined as "Anger, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, has now replaced what is being spread,..."

For the record, your judgment that " ...many here have been clearly affected and are in the grasp of evil and need to turn to God and pray to be released from its grip. For He is a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and mercy, ready to listen to your prayer to cleanse and keep you from this evil, I can say this from experience.
1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil."

So is this message a history or more gossip? You seem to have a problem differentiating between the two...I will declare a history, an anthology of where open sin will lead if not confessed, repented and reformed.

This clearly is a message you need to take to 3ABN and call for confession, repentance and reformation and they may be restored to their purpose. If not, they may turn their back on the Lord and find themselves purposeless. The Judgment of the Lord is upon 3ABN and they must awaken before they are consummed by the very evil you have so carefully defined.

I have said it more than once and will continue to say it, Love is more than just Mercy, Mercy Mercy, it is a balance of Justice and Mercy. 3ABN is running out of Mercy and that will leave nothing but justice... by whatever means the Lord needs to utilize to bring them back to truly represent the Three Angels Messages will be done, for the current representation given by directors and officers is clearly an abomination before the Lord, or even more dramtically, to call your company Three Angels Messages and conduct evil is a HERESY...do not be surprised at the direction things will ultimately go if we do not see confession, repentance and reformation, in other words, a return to primitive Godliness and the character expected of the Three Angels Messages.

So, Reddog, thank-you for your alliteration and we trust you will see the truth and direct your message of Mercy and Justice to the party that needs it the most, Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc.

They definitely need all our prayers.

Gailon Arthur Joy

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:35:09 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:23 PM »

"As I said, I do not know Danny Shelton, Walt Thompson,  Linda Shelton, Derrell Mundall, Barbara Kerr and all the others. I do not take any side in the matter as I have not been called to be as a brother, in a committee, or as a lawyer. If any have done wrong, then it should be presented to them by the appropriate people according to bible principles, and proceed from there. But not out in the street, not like this with every kind of rumor and hearsay, even your worst enemy should not be torn to pieces in such a public spectacle, I know righteous indignation, and this is not it.... " Reddog

And tell us how you know "righteous indignation"?

and explain how this is that you know it is not it?

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:36:33 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

As I said, I do not know Danny Shelton, Walt Thompson,  Linda Shelton, Derrell Mundall, Barbara Kerr and all the others. I do not take any side in the matter as I have not been called to be as a brother, in a committee, or as a lawyer. If any have done wrong, then it should be presented to them by the appropriate people according to bible principles, and proceed from there. But not out in the street, not like this with every kind of rumor and hearsay, even your worst enemy should not be torn to pieces in such a public spectacle, I know righteous indignation, and this is not it....

You mean like what Danny and Walt did to Linda over the airwaves and in a public mailing??  LIKE THAT?  I totally agree!!!

If they did something to destroy her, then evil has been served and as our brothers they must be presented with their wrong...the scripture is clear on that, but as Christian we must not partake of their sin and try to use the same methods in return........

And so when does your presentation to Danny Lee Shelton and 3abn begin?

If you really are as fair and balanced as you pretend, then we shall expect a full report of your sincere effort...oh, yeah, welcome to Worcester Massachusetts, as you will most certainly find yourself another party to this lawsuite.

So, show some backbone, the sins are clearly illuminated, and do what Love requires of you, Reddog...go to Danny and the 3ABN Board and do your Christian Duty...and join the frey...may Justice be done!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:37:44 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up