Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: new subpoena news???  (Read 50768 times)

Johann

Re: new subpoena news???
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 04:22:50 AM »

Several references have been made to the confidentiality issue. I need a further clarification. If it is there I have not noticed it. Have you?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 11:38:40 AM »

A major roadblock to the production of documents and discovery of information from 3ABN has been the assertiian that some documents are highly confidential, proprietary or privileged in some way. A confidentiality order paves the way and eliminates some of the roadblocks to discovery.

In other words, they are out of excuses in some issues. Other issues will still require requests to compel and other process or procedure to recover.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »

In the tax case the state/etc. asked for filled out forms for satellite system orders. 3ABN objected on the grounds that that info was confidential.

The state/etc. sought a protective order so they could get the info, and lost. All the7y ended up with was blank forms.

Then while Danny was on the stand, Atty. Rhoades was trying to admit into evidence those forms. Nick Miller objected because the forms had to be filled out in order to be admitted into evidence. So Rhoades explained that they had tried to get filled out forms and had been prohibited from doing so.

Judge Rowe had mercy on poor Rhoades, and allowed the blank form to be admitted into evidence.

I can see how filled out forms would have been relevant. I think the state/etc. wanted all such forms. They could then have better determined whether 3ABN was oeprating with a view to profit or not.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »

In the tax case the state/etc. asked for filled out forms for satellite system orders. 3ABN objected on the grounds that that info was confidential.

The state/etc. sought a protective order so they could get the info, and lost. All the7y ended up with was blank forms.

Then while Danny was on the stand, Atty. Rhoades was trying to admit into evidence those forms. Nick Miller objected because the forms had to be filled out in order to be admitted into evidence. So Rhoades explained that they had tried to get filled out forms and had been prohibited from doing so.

Judge Rowe had mercy on poor Rhoades, and allowed the blank form to be admitted into evidence.

I can see how filled out forms would have been relevant. I think the state/etc. wanted all such forms. They could then have better determined whether 3ABN was oeprating with a view to profit or not.

Are you telling me that 3ABN objected to a confidentiality order? One must wonder just what was in those records that makes them confidential enough to keep them from being entered into the record.

GAJ

GAJ

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: new subpoena news- New BSDA Subpoena Issued
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »

We have received copies of a new subpoena to BSDA.

Same old, same old. Guess they are prepped now for a good fight. Both sides are lawyered up and I am sure the battle will be hard fought by all the parties.

This case is turning into World War 3. Keeps you busy just keeping up with all the new swirl of cases that are arising from the ashes.

Think of the legal fees that will be billable hours this year.

Gailon Arthur Joy

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »

I wonder what SDA churches would think of all these subpoenas and lawsuits coming from 3ABN? Maybe it's time to find out.....
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »

I think so.  I've thought of doing a mailing...

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 09:10:52 PM »

Worthwhile thinking about anyway.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »

Posted by: ex3abnemployee
Insert Quote
I wonder what SDA churches would think of all these subpoenas and lawsuits coming from 3ABN? Maybe it's time to find out.....

I agree. People need to know what's happening. And seeing the proof is better then trusting what someone tells you - like what the employees at 3abn are probably told about things. Even they need to know the facts.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 09:35:59 PM »

Insert Quote

I agree. People need to know what's happening. And seeing the proof is better then trusting what someone tells you - like what the employees at 3abn are probably told about things. Even they need to know the facts.

As one can see in the allegations in the Lawsuite, 3ABN accused us of mailing all the churches about the Save3abn site...a simply brilliant idea that we cannot take credit for, but which I most heartily endorse if one wants to undertake such an effort...someday I will get the chance to Shake the Hand and put a medal upon the chest of this brilliant marketer and kick myself in the can for not thinking of it myself!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:39:13 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »

Insert Quote

As one can see in the allegations in the Lawsuite, 3ABN accused us of mailing all the churches about the Save3abn

I had no idea you did that Gailon.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »

Sorry, hit the wrong button...had to finish the post by modification.

GAJ

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »

I guess the medal will go to Duane!!  But I can jump on a bandwagon real quick!!

Insert Quote

As one can see in the allegations in the Lawsuite, 3ABN accused us of mailing all the churches about the Save3abn site...a simply brilliant idea that we cannot take credit for, but which I most heartily endorse if one wants to undertake such an effort...someday I will get the chance to Shake the Hand and put a medal upon the chest of this brilliant marketer and kick myself in the can for not thinking of it myself!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Sam

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »

Well, you can if you want but tons of people in the churches, conferences and GC have heard all about the lawsuit and most are in complete agreement after becoming aware of what has been written and alleged.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »

Really, Sam??  Tons of people?  How many people is that, exactly?  Just a couple of really heavy people?  Or a lot more lighter folks?  And you have spoken with all of them?  My, you must be tired!!

Well, you can if you want but tons of people in the churches, conferences and GC have heard all about the lawsuit and most are in complete agreement after becoming aware of what has been written and alleged.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up