Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nick Miller forgot to ask the right question  (Read 34177 times)

Ozzie

Re: Nick Miller forgot to ask the right question
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »

The original hearing was an administrative hearing before the Illinois Dept of Revenue regarding the real estate tax exemption and would have been Thompsonville et al vs 3ABN. They lost this case and opted to appeal the decision de novo to the Illinois Circuit Court and that woud have reversed the masthead as part of the appeal procedure.  That is why it is 3ABN vs DOR, et al.

To the degree that an appeal de novo would constitute a lawsuite, rather than a simple appeal on technical grounds, they have certainly opted to challenge the Illinois DOR, et al.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Well, I guess you've gotta give them points for trying! Seems to me though, they can think up devious ways of turning the tables, that we 'stockholders in the pews' would never think of. I guess that practice makes perfect (even with deception and/or criminal activity), as my old Dad used to say. :dogwag:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 06:34:34 AM »

The original hearing was an administrative hearing before the Illinois Dept of Revenue regarding the real estate tax exemption and would have been Thompsonville et al vs 3ABN.

Actually, according to http://www.save-3abn.com/media/3-angels-v-dept-of-revenue.pdf, the original caption was 3 ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK v. THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. So 3ABN sued the DoR from the very start, if sue is the right word for that type of case that results in an administrative hearing.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:10 PM »

The original hearing was an administrative hearing before the Illinois Dept of Revenue regarding the real estate tax exemption and would have been Thompsonville et al vs 3ABN.

Actually, according to http://www.save-3abn.com/media/3-angels-v-dept-of-revenue.pdf, the original caption was 3 ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK v. THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. So 3ABN sued the DoR from the very start, if sue is the right word for that type of case that results in an administrative hearing.

Wow, so the same board of directors pulled th trigger on this big-time looser as well??? Since it was clear they were not going to win this one, perhaps that is why they tried to bully the Mayor of Thomsonville and ran that full page add in the Local paper? Were they trying to convince the town to drop that lawsuite?

Since the judgement is upheld, I would guess it was worth their effort. 3ABN just has to change it's governance, at least on paper...or did they already do that?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Habanero

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »

Could this be a lawsuit that ends in an appelate court saying something about the weight and credibility given DS' testimony being a factor in the loss, and the loss being upheld?

Wow, so the same board of directors pulled th trigger on this big-time looser as well??? Since it was clear they were not going to win this one, perhaps that is why they tried to bully the Mayor of Thomsonville and ran that full page add in the Local paper? Were they trying to convince the town to drop that lawsuite?

Since the judgement is upheld, I would guess it was worth their effort. 3ABN just has to change it's governance, at least on paper...or did they already do that?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 11:46:24 PM »

Change its governance??   Or maybe simply initiate some??

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

Could this be a lawsuit that ends in an appelate court saying something about the weight and credibility given DS' testimony being a factor in the loss, and the loss being upheld?

And why do you think it was worth it to get the transcript of all three hearings? Those judges were just so perceptive it is difficult not to wonder what the SDA Lawyers, including Miller, were thinking?
But, then, Miller was perceptive enough to declare that if the state had done the minimum discovery
they would have found a basis to eliminate the tax exempt status. I trust that is not prophetic!!!

The IRS Criminal Division has done extensive discovery and I just discovered it has done even more. What is the implication of this?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »

And why do you think it was worth it to get the transcript of all three hearings? Those judges were just so perceptive it is difficult not to wonder what the SDA Lawyers, including Miller, were thinking?
But, then, Miller was perceptive enough to declare that if the state had done the minimum discovery
they would have found a basis to eliminate the tax exempt status. I trust that is not prophetic!!!

The IRS Criminal Division has done extensive discovery and I just discovered it has done even more. What is the implication of this?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Does that mean the IRS has gone back and taken more materials from the 3ABN compound?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »

Change its governance??   Or maybe simply initiate some??

Do they understand what governance is? Or, is that like a foreign language to them?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »

Gailon,

Can you expound on your new discoveries regarding the IRS CID?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

Gailon,

Can you expound on your new discoveries regarding the IRS CID?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Nothing new...same old, same old, interview and document, interview and document. Takes a while to calculate the fine they will want. Seven figures takes a while to calculate and document.

As for Miller, well the old pied piper is about to get another chance to hone his litigation skills...for himself this time. It will interesting reconstructing those ninety days in the Spring of 2004 and the role he played putting together all those documents and coordinating Linda's demise. He must now ponder what he has done and just how he will justify his actions and yet stand so solidly for the integrity he is known and respected for. And he must get this done against the backdrop of a failed tax exemption case that ruled 3ABN is a Shelton business, and this based on limited discovery...can you imagine what the rulings will be with ALL the discovery?

Sometimes, we just cannot escape our past, good, bad or indifferent.

Can't wait to read his cease and desist letter!!! Yes, he got one too!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »

Praise God!  It is time.

Johann

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »

The time seems to be getting ripe. And God does not fail.

Ozzie

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

Praise God!  It is time.

Yes. All in God's time.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Sam

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 07:38:31 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

So, you actually expect us to believe that the IRS is filling you in on their investigation?  That is ridiculous.  They are not going to share their findings with someone who has nothing to do with the investigation (except to report 3abn in the first place) and carries no credentials to obtain private information.  I have a relative who is a criminal investigator and giving any information out to a, let's say, curious spectator, is a big no no. They will be giving information out to whoever is representing 3abn.  You know....real attorney's that have a license and everything.

Ozzie

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

So, you actually expect us to believe that the IRS is filling you in on their investigation?  That is ridiculous.  They are not going to share their findings with someone who has nothing to do with the investigation (except to report 3abn in the first place) and carries no credentials to obtain private information.  I have a relative who is a criminal investigator and giving any information out to a, let's say, curious spectator, is a big no no. They will be giving information out to whoever is representing 3abn.  You know....real attorney's that have a license and everything.

Goodness gracious Dan/Sam! That did make you drop your guard, didn't it? Sounds like you're getting a bit rattled by all this. Calm down old salt. Don't want you pulling out the rest of your hair. Toupees don't come cheap, I understand.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up