Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end  (Read 41687 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Report on Ten Commandment Campmeeting week-end
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »

Wednesday was the first meeting and 3ABN broke a record on the number of people there, over 1000 on the first night! They expect 1800 by Sabbath.  I'd say there are a lot of full motels in the area.

Someone tells me that it looked like there was 200 or 250 people there. Do you have any pictures that show 1000 there?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:27:50 PM »

Wednesday was the first meeting and 3ABN broke a record on the number of people there, over 1000 on the first night! They expect 1800 by Sabbath.  I'd say there are a lot of full motels in the area.

Someone tells me that it looked like there was 200 or 250 people there. Do you have any pictures that show 1000 there?

Were Junebug and your contact talking about the same meeting?

How could there be that big a discrepancy in numbers?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

Background,  Prior to Tammy and Bruce Chance handling 3ABN eBay sales, nan_don did it.  Nan handles all the inquires.  They moved to Texas and opened another eBay site, nan_don out of Van, Texas.  They create/mold Pie Bird figurines.  They used to sell on the 3ABN site.  When they moved, Tammy and Bruce eventually ended up doing the eBay thing.  Prices were good and products sold were mostly highly wanted items.

In 2006, Nan_ Don sold everything in their warehouse.  Yeah, even their molds were sold as one whole lot.  They re-opened, and it was all new.  Do they still sell for 3ABN?  I think that changes when they stopped producing the old molds in maybe early Feb 2007.  It could have been 2006.  I will have to check their feedback and notes again.

Notice that when they moved, nan_don kept the user id.  3ABN had to change theirs.  Interesting, to say the least.  

These 3ABN eBay posts probably need to be in a new thread called 3ABN eBay.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »

Background,  Prior to Tammy and Bruce Chance handling 3ABN eBay sales, nan_don did it.  Nan handles all the inquires.  They moved to Texas and opened another eBay site, nan_don out of Van, Texas.  They create/mold Pie Bird figurines.  They used to sell on the 3ABN site.  When they moved, Tammy and Bruce eventually ended up doing the eBay thing.  Prices were good and products sold were mostly highly wanted items.

In 2006, Nan_ Don sold everything in their warehouse.  Yeah, even their molds were sold as one whole lot.  They re-opened, and it was all new.  Do they still sell for 3ABN?  I think that changes when they stopped producing the old molds in maybe early Feb 2007.  It could have been 2006.  I will have to check their feedback and notes again.

Notice that when they moved, nan_don kept the user id.  3ABN had to change theirs.  Interesting, to say the least.  

These 3ABN eBay posts probably need to be in a new thread called 3ABN eBay.

Really just curious. Usually people don't like to change user ID's.  The new rating system is convoluted to say the least. Just went into effect and from now on feedback can't be transferred to a new user ID

3ABN is still the name of the store connected with don_3abn
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

anyman

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

AMEN! Habanero! But Mr. Pickle doesn't have those scruples. He is more interested in his slash and burn tactics that he is trying to execute from his pedestal of pious perfection. He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he "wins" - whatever that is at this point. Guess children are just collateral damage in his world.[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:43:52 PM by Artiste »

anyman

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »

What a joke! If you or your "someone" bothered to watch even a few minutes (oh gasp, you might receive a blessing and wouldn't want that to happen) you would have seen that your "someone" was about as far out in left feild as they could  get without being in the bleachers. But of course you would want to beleive the worst, you would also want to state it in public so other people would think it true. Drop the pompous platitutds and take a look and you will see how wrong you are and your "someone."

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 10:06:15 PM »

What a lovely tone of voice you have "anyman". I know I sure want to watch and attend so I can be just like you.  :help:

What a joke! If you or your "someone" bothered to watch even a few minutes (oh gasp, you might receive a blessing and wouldn't want that to happen) you would have seen that your "someone" was about as far out in left feild as they could  get without being in the bleachers. But of course you would want to beleive the worst, you would also want to state it in public so other people would think it true. Drop the pompous platitutds and take a look and you will see how wrong you are and your "someone."

"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »

What a lovely tone of voice you have "anyman". I know I sure want to watch and attend so I can be just like you.  :help:

I couldn't help but think that his tone sounded very much like DS himself.  :hot:

anyman

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 10:23:57 PM »

Chrissie I am addressing this post to you since you are a moderator of this thread. Post #19 - which I wrote - has been edited by Artiste. This is a joke! Additionally, the post I replied to has disappeared without mention, without a trace. Artiste is not a moderator of this thread and therefore does not have the authority to edit posts.

I couldn't help but think that his tone sounded very much like DS himself.  :hot:

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Anyman, I really don't think you are in a position to state who does and does not have permission to moderate threads.  Artiste has joined the moderating team which is much appreciated.  And while I don't know what arrangements have been worked out between Artiste and Daryl, your statements are out of line.  If you have an issue with the forum, I suggest you take it up in the "Forum Concerns" thread or PM Daryl.

Chrissie I am addressing this post to you since you are a moderator of this thread. Post #19 - which I wrote - has been edited by Artiste. This is a joke! Additionally, the post I replied to has disappeared without mention, without a trace. Artiste is not a moderator of this thread and therefore does not have the authority to edit posts.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 11:04:59 PM »

Oh yes!  don_3abn.  The name of the store, after many, many, many changes trying to drop off past feedback, is now 3 ANGELS GIFT SHOP.

What would be the purpose of dropping off feedback, unless it is really bad. How bad can the feedback be in dealing with books?? Or do they sell other stuff

Out of curiosity I checked 3 ABN out. This is what the promo says. Suprised so many donations to keep an ebay store stocked

We are a television ministry that receives a wide variety of items from our viewers that want to support this ministry. We sell coins, handmade items, pottery, china, silverware,dolls and so much more. We add to our inventory and auctions several times a week so shop with us for fantastic deals!!

One would think that all the interested 'players' would be so busy with the ministry of 3abn, that they wouldn't have time to be flogging their wares on EBay?  Oh well, I guess it gives them MORE income than if they held raffles or fetes. :oops:

It's just a really novel idea to me, as I always thought that if one is caught up in ministry, there was really no time left for these kind of things.  :dunno:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:16 PM »

I beg your pardon anyman. Artiste has as much right as any other moderator to edit a post.

Please give her the respect that her position demands.

[/quote]

Habanero

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 11:50:04 PM »

The post that you were responding to addressed one particular instance, but the principle behind it applies very much to some people at 3ABN who have done precisely what you state below. As long as a person "wins" it doesn't matter who gets hurt along the way. I have a problem with it no matter which side it comes from, and it has certainly been part of the MO on the 3ABN team. Cruelty and empathy are mutually exclusive. When a person execises empathy toward a person they are not capable of performing cruelty on them. When they are exercising cruelty it is in the absence of empathy. The two cannot coexist. Before opening up a can of worms (or inventing one) that will uneccessarily harm innocent people or revictimize people who have already been hurt, it behooves us to put ourselves in the shoes of the little victims on the side, empathize, see it from their perspective, understand the pain that we will be puting them through, and rethink. I don't think that anyone in this fiasco would consider themselves cruel, but it is like the frog in the frying pan. One decision at a time, one impulsive statement or act, one bit of self justification that makes the infliction of pain on an innocent person just a matter of collateral damage neccessary to winning the bigger war that will benefit the ministry, the Lord, the church, or whatever "greater good" is being used as justification, cruelty becomes an unseen and unrecognized part of self.

AMEN! Habanero! But Mr. Pickle doesn't have those scruples. He is more interested in his slash and burn tactics that he is trying to execute from his pedestal of pious perfection. He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he "wins" - whatever that is at this point. Guess children are just collateral damage in his world.
[/quote]

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »

AMEN! Habanero! But Mr. Pickle doesn't have those scruples. He is more interested in his slash and burn tactics that he is trying to execute from his pedestal of pious perfection. He doesn't care who he hurts as long as he "wins" - whatever that is at this point. Guess children are just collateral damage in his world.

If you will re-read my original post, I was suggesting an easy way to prove that you are correct that some allegations are simply lies, and was making it quite plain that I would assist in the vindication of the accused.

I think your reaction here suggests that you very well know that some allegations are not lies.

It would have been wonderful if Adam and Eve's sin had never affected anyone but themselves, but things just don't work that way on this planet. I certainly wish they did.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:15:08 AM by Bob Pickle »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »

http://www.3abncampmeeting.org/index.html shows rotating pictures of Jim Gilley, Ken Cox, and Danny Shelton.

Thus 3ABN is sending a very clear signal that it is business at usual at 3ABN, and that they have thrown ethics to the wind.

When in the history of the Seventh-day Adventist Church have we ever seen the like, when someone gets caught red-handed doing so many things contrary to our faith, standards, and principles, and he still is in the limelight? When?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up