Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay Sales Revisited  (Read 11478 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
eBay Sales Revisited
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

Quote, Fran, July 14, 2008

Tammy said she has NEVER had a store.  Why would she lie?  Yes, I still have a copy of an item Tammy was selling at her STORE!  Yes, she had a store.  The printout was done in 2006.  Would her memory have forgotten that so soon?

The name of her store was Tammy’s Variety Outlet.  All I can ask is why lie?   Could it be that 3ABN items were sold on her site?  3ABN did not get the proceeds from these certain sales.  Tammy did.  Could this be where all that missing feedback is?

As Tammy explained the procedures and processes, she made a comment that raised my eyebrows.  She said the items are received and once they were sold, they sent the information to the Donation center and then they sent the donor a receipt.

When I made a purchase from the 3ABN store, I was sent a cash donation receipt.  It clearly said that I “HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY GOODS OR SERVICES.”  However, I did receive goods that I purchased..  Do they do this to all that purchase items from the store?  What a windfall!  Was this a fluke?  If it happened more than once, there is a problem.

What is wrong with what she said?

All donations of goods or services should be receipted at the time of the donation.  That is why every donor of goods should be given and IRS Form 8283 that has a Control Number on it.  There should be 3 copies with the same control number on it

#1.  Copy 1. The donor gets the original WITHOUT the Fair Market Value on it.  The donor leaves with their IRS 8283 IRS Form that has all of 3ABN’s contact information on the form.  3ABN should also write a description of the donated item  on all copies

#2.  Copy 2 goes to Accounting once 3ABN’s Fair Market Value has been assigned and noted on both of 3ABN’s copies.  They each bear the same control number as the original 8283. Accounting posts the receipt of an asset using the Control number as the asset identification number.

#3.  Copy 3 stays with the item until it is sold.  Once it is sold, the sales price is recorded on the Sales copy of the 8283.  Then it goes to accounting so the sales price is posted to a contra account under the same control # where it was originally posted.  This will create a gain or loss.

Remember, the DONOR is responsible for assessing the Fair Market Value and attaching whatever they used to arrive at that appraisal of Fair Market Value attached to their form 8283.  They will use their 8283 with attachments to receive a deduction on their tax returns. 

The 3ABN copy #1 of the 8283 they gave the donor with the description of the item and assess a Fair market value for 3ABN.  Never does 3ABN see the Fair Market Value the donor has supplied and 3ABN does not share their Fair Market Value.  Copy #2 goes immediately to Accounting to be posted as an asset.  The Asset Control Number is also the Identification Number.  The copy #3 of the 8283 stays with the item until it is back to 3ABN Accounting with information of the sale. 

Now there is a record of receipt in accounting with the assessed value, and a copy showing disposal.  These 8383’s get filed in numerical order.  Every month the computer needs to check the control numbers listed.  No control number used should be missing.  If one is missing, the hunt is on!  If a form 8283 gets voided, all 3 copies are turned into accounting right away.

This stops the temptation of seeing a donated items and using it for yourself, or giving it to your brother or sister.  It is transparent!  It is honest.  It follows GAAP.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: eBay Sales Revisited
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »

Bob has provided the links in another thread to two items for sale in November 4, 2006, by ID 812worden, member since June 24, 2004, seller's store, "Tammy's Variety Outlet".
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:44:19 AM »

Is that the same Tammy?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:40:44 AM »

Bob has provided the links in another thread to two items for sale in November 4, 2006, by ID 812worden, member since June 24, 2004, seller's store, "Tammy's Variety Outlet".

812worden is still active, only using another name...

User ID  Effective Date  End Date

zoolane49  Jun-18-08  Present 

812worden  Jun-24-04  Jun-18-08

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 05:00:32 AM »

Match the dates with Fran's record. 812worden-Tammy's Variety Store is join date of June 24th 2004

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Fair Havens

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »

Gets curiouser and curiouser. Is someone shouting something? Yep.     :help:   :-[

Match the dates with Fran's record. 812worden-Tammy's Variety Store is join date of June 24th 2004

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:46:13 AM »

Gets curiouser and curiouser. Is someone shouting something? Yep.     :help:   :-[

It doesn't necessarily mean that Tammy's Variety Store was opened the same day as 812worden. It does mean Tammy's Variety Stor and 812 worden are the same member of course. zoolane49 does not seem to have a store and for whatever reason seems to have suspended selling for 2-3 weeks now. Last feedback is today for a sale in June. Has no current listings

edited to correct formatting
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:37:30 AM by bonnie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up