Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "What Is This You Have in Your Hand?"  (Read 24305 times)

Jack Indabocks

Re: \"What Is This You Have in Your Hand?\"
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »

Bob,

1. You have alleged that Danny Shelton did something criminally wrong, the IRS did not agree. Accept it and move on.

Jack, could you quote where I have accused Danny of doing something criminally wrong in contrast with something civilly wrong? Then we can talk about it.

In addition it appears from the announcements by 3ABN that the IRS did not find any discrepancies or infractions. That 3ABN Live, Behind the scenes, with Jim Gilley  re airs this afternoon.

Jack, please stop this utter nonsense that reporting a donation of property as cash on one\'s Sched. A is not an infraction or discrepancy.

It is difficult to communicate with you Bob.

Let me try to understand what you have been and are still claiming about Danny Shelton and the IRS.
You are not claiming what you say he did was criminally wrong?
You claim it is civil something?
But not a civil infraction and not a discrepancy?

So Danny is guilty, according to you of a civil ______ ?

--- deleted sermon or lecture --

2. Those are your words in the bold text above. They are not my words. That is not my question.
These tactics and methods you use hurt your credibility and make your own arguments invalid.

But weren\'t those your words? You said:

\"Even if she did have a store, (which she claims she did not have, and Ebay has no record of) so what?

\"What does that Have to do with 3ABN, any of the allegations against them, or the \"lawsuite\"?\"

Aren\'t you therefore asking what it has to do with 3ABN if Tammy allegedly lied about allegedly having a store? Aren\'t you asking \"so what\" if someone lied and refuses to apologize?

If you weren\'t asking that, what were you asking?

It occurs to me this constant taking things said the wrong way is why it is so easy for you to keep finding fault with so many people, and why they keep thinking you are not honest.

Let us go back in time for a moment.

Back to before Tammy Chance ever said word one in reply to questions asked of her about a stores plural  owned by her....

Back to the time before a reply from Tammy Chance in response to anything Fran said claiming there were stores owned by Tammy Shelton.

So this would be before Tammy Shelton ever clarified she had no personal store on Ebay.

Are you with me?

Now all were talking about Tammy owning stores on Ebay.

Why?

If she had such a store. \"WHAT does that Have to do with 3ABN, any of the allegations against them, or the \"lawsuite\"?\"

If you can not understand me or my question now or stop changing my words and meanings, I am afraid you will just have to keep arguing with your strawman by yourself. If I keep feeding the flames here I have friends who are going to throw a bucket of cold water on me.

Jax

Jack Indabocks

Re:What Is This You Have in Your Hand?
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »

Jack, I note your quotes around \"lawsuite\" above.   I\'m frankly surprised that our resident grammar expert, Eduard, has not posted one of his essays on proper use of the English language aimed at Gailon for his interesting spelling of the word.  It is an actual word, however, at least when there is a space between:

From the American Bar Association Publication, How to Start and Build a Law Practice, (3rd Edition) by Jay G. Foonberg. ]

\"By definition, a law suite is a large office where many different attorneys practice. These attorneys may be sole practitioners or they may be small firms, but they are not the tenants of the owner of the building. They are subtenants, or licensees of the tenant ...\" At page 42.

\\\\\\\"A law suite gives the attorney a flexibility unattainable in the traditional landlord/tenant relationship ...\" At page 43.

\"Paul Fegen (pronounced FEE-jin) is the pioneer in the concept of the law suite. It is to his credit that the law suite is also known as the Fegen Suite.\" At page 44.

A legal suite is not a partnership, an association or an \"of counsel\" relationship. All attorneys in this legal suite are in sole practice.

So it doesn\'t actually refer to the legal process know as a law suit, but is in the wider ball park of legal terminology.  If it has been a source of quiet irritation to Eduard, he can now relax as it has been duly addressed.

Thank you Grandma Nettie for that explanation.  It was Gailons consistent use of the words lawsuite and suite by itself which caused me to put it in quotes.

I had looked it up and found this:
http://www.onelook.com/?w=lawsuite&ls=a

Most of us have interesting little uniquely individual quirks that identify us, sort of like Marylin Monroes mole...

President Bush says \"nucular\"...
Danny Shelton says \"internets\"...
Gailon Arthur Joy says \"law suite\"...

Lets just hope, for Gailon\'s sake, that Paul Fegen hasn\'t trademarked, registered or copyrighted the term and is expecting royalties for its use.

It doesn\'t bother me if someone makes the occasional slip of tongue or misspelling or typographical error, I think we all may do that. I know I do.

I had to laugh at myself because I almost corrected your examples here.

I thought at first you must have confused Danny Shelton with George Bush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTH6f1JfX8

But right before I posted to you I decided I should not assume and  act on tht, so I decided to search to see if he had said *internets* Good thing I did because I found the reference you were referring to.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14502&hl=internets

The clip is short. (Only about 40 sec) but I agree with him and think he made a good point.

Of course the link to him saying internets will not work as it is on BSDA, so I have added the necessary dash.

http://www.save-3abn.com/media/07-07-19-rumors-internet-320x240-141k.htm

If only the good news spread as fast as the gossip and bad news. If only we were more interested in helping each other than in bringing another down or putting them down. If only we could all more closely relate to Jesus\' work and help to finish it.

Jesus could already have come and we might already be gone from this world.

Jax

P.S. I must apologize to all who are upset that the slashes keep being added to my posts. I only have that problem here on this forum and don\'t know how to stop it. My computer and server work just fine other place online.  I don\'t think it\'s funny myself.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:40:50 PM by Jack Indabocks »

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re:What Is This You Have in Your Hand?
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »

If only the good news spread as fast as the gossip and bad news. If only we were more interested in helping each other than in bringing another down or putting them down. If only we could all more closely relate to Jesus\' work and help to finish it.

Jesus could already have come and we might already be gone from this world.

This sounds a lot like my mom when I was young. When I did not want to eat the crust on my toast. I was always reminded of the starving children. I could never quite figure out if I ate the crust how it would help any other child.

Suddenly from one post to the next " all should all work closely together" Working closely to relate to the work of Jesus .
Wonder what brought all this on.

For me it is the little lies, not the big whoppers. It is a guarantee if you tell the little ones so easily the whoppers will follow.

I couldn't care less what the letter?? from the IRS says. It is the build up and then OOPS, we can't say anything the IRS says. If that is the case then when all the "are you ready for the big one" and it takes time,yada,yada was simply putting off until it no longer seemed important. They would have already had the marching orders issued from the IRS if such exists. I would assume that there is a resolution, but not quite as reported.

You had quite a bit to say concerning ebay and Tammy Shelton. When it became apparent that you probably were wrong, it switches to "Ah, what does it matter" we should all work closely together

What matters is the "no I don't have an ebay store AND NEVER HAVE". If 812 worden was hers and Tammy's Variety
would naturally be hers, SHE HAS LIED,period.
Now how do you convince someone that "Well, she might have been mistaken" and she really did have one"  that she will tell the truth on anything else. Sounds like Hilary Clinton "when she was under "enemy fire" Just a little slip of the tongue.

Last year I was having a chat with someone on another forum. He mentioned he had a small business,I asked him what kind. He mentioned ebay. I was interested as I  was curious what he sold  and would  rather buy from those I know if possible. Surprisingly he told  me forgot what he called his ebay business as he did not use at that particular time of year. Having sold on ebay for a number of years it piqued my curiosity
and went searching based on something he had said on another forum. Found the man was lying, he was at the time of our conversation actively selling. Obviouslly he wanted his identity secret. Why not just say so instead of lie.
Since then I have caught some other rather dubious statements.

Tell me, why I should waste my tiime reading thru his posts and try to distinguish the lies I am sure much of what he says is the truth, but I really don't care.

Some of us that do not blindly follow DS and think he is annointed by God is because of the little lies. Not the ones we suspect but the ones we know to be a lie.

As DS statement to Stan Jensen during this "interview"
No, we have suffered no loss of donations, go to next forum is DS words that indeed they have and that is part of the reason for the lawsuit.
Both cannot be true.

Everybody work together now sounds great. Maybe DS has some bridges to fix before some are comfortable doing that. Perhaps starting with Mabel Dunabr
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: "What Is This You Have in Your Hand?"
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »

When I see either side in a disput gently shading the true, or suddenly the  Rodney King, "Can't we all get along now" routine I don't wate my time sifting thru the debris trying to get to the truth.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »

Bonnie, the law suit was filed in about April, 2007.  What was the date of the DS interview with Stan Jensen? 

Quote from Bonnie:
As DS statement to Stan Jensen during this "interview"
No, we have suffered no loss of donations, go to next forum is DS words that indeed they have and that is part of the reason for the lawsuit.
Both cannot be true.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 02:38:30 PM »

Bonnie, the law suit was filed in about April, 2007.  What was the date of the DS interview with Stan Jensen? 

This is the exact phrasing.

losses at 3ABN??????? Fact or Fiction 
Stan Jensen   
Carpe Diem!!!

Loc: 49.05° Lat- 122.3° Long  One self proclaimed reporter has publicly stated that he was told 'rumor' that 3ABN had a huge operating 7 digit deficit in the neighborhood of 3,000,000 for the first few months in 2007. Rumors like this are too often believed to be facts.

I think that is about 1/2 of the operating budget for the same period, which would mean that no planned income came in, other than committed support.

What kind of response to you have for that?

Top   Notify  Email Post 

#122445 - 04/23/07 12:37 PM  Re: Significant losses at 3ABN??????? Fact or Fiction [Re: Stan Jensen] 
Danny Shelton 

Loc: Illinois, USA  This is more tabloid stuff to get attention from this same person who claims to be a reporter.

GRAT

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »

Talked to a friend of a friend at potluck 2 Sabbath's ago.  Her parents are stanch supporters of 3ABN and DS and had heard about the airplane issue.  (this was some time ago) DS was at their church one weekend and her father said - I'll just go ask him if it is true about owning a plane.  Marched right up and asked.  DS said No, we don't own a plane.  Her father came back and said - see, it was just untruths on that internet.  Not a big lie by DS but an omission of the truth.  I'm with Bonnie - small lies tell a lot about a person.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 03:23:11 AM »

They owned a plane and then leased a plane and then sold the plane they had owned.

Do you know about when DS said that? Was it before or after they sold the plane they owned?

GRAT

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 08:17:48 AM »

Don't know when it was.  I had understood that they had leased both planes.  Either way it would be an untruth.  He knew what was being asked.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up