Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Why are you still under a gag order?"  (Read 8820 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: "Why are you still under a gag order?"
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 07:25:06 AM »

Whether my friend chose the right phrase ("gag order") or not, that's what he chose. I took him to be referring to the confidentiality order.

But really, since Walt Thompson claims that they have nothing to hide, what is Simpson trying to hide? And why has he been so adamantly violating Walt Thompson's expressed will in that regard? Can't Simpson read what Walt wrote?

Walt Thompson wrote on July 8, 2007:

We believe we have nothing to hide. ...

We have nothing to hide. We want truth to be known. The law suit does nothing to hide truth.

If Walt is telling the truth, it sounds to me like Simpson is in bold and blatant revolt against the expressed will of Walt Thompson.

I wonder if 3ABN will sue Simpson for violating their stated wishes.

Walt also wrote on July 16, 2007:

The law suit has only one purpose, i.e., to expose the truth at a time when false accusations are spreading around the world against 3abn in ways that are seriously affecting our ability to fulfill the mission we have been called to do. This is not about revenge, or anything other than an attempt to expose truth so that people like yourself can be assured regarding where you invest your heart and your means.

Think Simpson should give 3ABN a partial refund of the perhaps million or so that 3ABN has paid his firm for the lawsuit? If Walt was telling the truth, it looks to me like 3ABN could demand a refund for litigating while refusing to follow 3ABN's wishes.

CPAATTY

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

Here's a related question.  They are so anxious to get their documents back.  Will you and Gailon be getting your documents back from them?

Did not see an answer to this.  Have the documents been returned or has it been delayed because the defendant's are still trying to avoid returning the documents they received?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »

Trying to avoid? Why word it that way?

According to the confidentiality order, no party has to return anything.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »

WOW!  A CPA ATTY who doesn't read the documents!  Should we be surprised?  I am not.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up