Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why some Adventist can't let go of 3ABN saga...?  (Read 34176 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Why some Adventist can't let go of 3ABN saga...?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »

Is there also a wikipedia on Danny Shelton?

Not under his name yet, but the saga is there.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ABN

I notice that in the 3ABN table of contents, under "Controversies and criticism", Linda Shelton is featured prominently.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Eduard

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 05:40:04 AM »

Everyone can talk about this until they are blue in the face, puffing smoke everywhere because they are all huffed up. It won't change the FACTS.

Donna is correct.   :goodpost:  If you were being accused and it was true information, would you go to court over it and sue the person accusing you?  It makes perfect sense that Danny would go to court because folks--what Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy say ISN'T TRUE. It is a plain and simple fact.  You can accuse Danny and 3ABN all you want but you will get nowhere with it--because the truth doesn't change. 

So what folks will want to do who are reading these forums is check PACER documents as they become available. They will tell the truth of what is happening in court.  Don't rely on what mere people are saying but check it out for yourself.  And when you do see what is said to be "documents" make sure you are seeing the full and complete document and not just part of it. 

Or folks can just wait until the verdict arrives from the Judge.  It shouldn't be too much longer.

Junebug:

Thanks for your patronizing advice. FOLKS here, who might be much smarter than you are, and who (unlike you) have the intellectual aptitude to evaluate facts have verified the evidence and have found that the ACCUZATIONS against Danny Shelton are TRUE. And FACTS have been repeated AD NAUSEAM on this and other forums, PROVING BEYOND DOUBT that Danny Shelton is a liar, and a pervert.  Of course, we are waiting for the verdict from the judge because we want to read with satisfaction that JUSTICE HAS  BEEN SERVED. And even if justice is not served in the court, Danny Shelton is FINISHED. His TELEVANGELIST reputation is so badly damaged that he will never recover from the damage. Even if he sues THE WHOLE WORLD and wins, he will not come out clean. He is damaged beyond repair.

Danny Shelton has accused Linda of adultery, but he has never provided evidence for his accuzation. If you have the evidence, please, provide it here, NOW.

Danny Shelton has forced Linda to sign a document in which she bound herself to hide the truth about 3ABN and all the dark business there, including her removal from her position. If he was clean, why did he force her to sign such an UGLY document preventing her from defending herself and her reputation?

Danny Shelton has made a fraudulent real estate transaction for which there is clear evidence. What do you have to say about this matter?

Danny Shelton has tried to keep all the court proceedings under wrap. If he is innocent, why does not want people to know about his actions? Innocent people don't try to hide. They like, and they want people to know the truth. What do you have to say about his attempt to HIDE THE TRUTH?

You, Donna, and Ian should stop posting your RUBBISH on this forum. All three of you are LIERS and DECEIVERS. You are hiding behind smoke screens and false identities because you cannot afford to let others know who you are, and because all you can do is to keep trying to deceive people about the TRUTH concerning Danny Shelton.

Someone, please, compose a REQUIEM for Danny Shelton.

Eduard

reddogs

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 05:55:05 AM »

The news out of 3ABN seems so familiar, it kind of reminds me of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and their Praise the Lord minitries. Yes that Jim Baker, American televangelist, a former Assemblies of God minister, and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, a popular evangelical Christian television program. A sex scandal led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce and effectively ended his time in the larger public eye. My aunt watched and loved them and stood by them no matter what, she would not allow that anything they did could possibly be illegal or that Jim could betray Tammy Faye in any way. Then you have Jimmy Swaggart, tremoundous speaker, oh he was the best preacher this side of the Mississippi and no one could say anything bad about him in my aunts house, until his downfall, again with adultery. Then there was Oral Roberts, a neo-Pentecostal televangelist who started out as a traveling faith healer. He was also a leader in the charismatic movement and a powerful orator. My grandmother never missed a show, until he threathened to go up in his tower at the University and  announced to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would "call him home" (a euphemism for death)....it was all too much to believe....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bakker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart

They became like a god to many people who followed their every word and declaration, more important than anything else in their lives, and they couldnt let them go no matter what they did or said, and these are good Christians that were watching the shows or sending in donations and going to their crusades and big events. Are Adventist doing the same thing with 3ABN and Danny and Linda, I wonder.........

Like I said, my Aunt and Granny would never let anyone say that their favorite televangelist was in error or had committed any sin, till they were taken out in handcuffs or in shame...

It looks like for some Adventist, thats what it will take for them to see what televangelist gods they have put before themselves who are just humans, with all the frailties that come with it.......
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:12:27 AM by reddogs »

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

The news out of 3ABN seems so familiar, it kind of reminds me of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and their Praise the Lord minitries. Yes that Jim Baker, American televangelist, a former Assemblies of God minister, and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, a popular evangelical Christian television program. A sex scandal led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce and effectively ended his time in the larger public eye. My aunt watched and loved them and stood by them no matter what, she would not allow that anything they did could possibly be illegal or that Jim could betray Tammy Faye in any way. Then you have Jimmy Swaggart, tremoundous speaker, oh he was the best preacher this side of the Mississippi and no one could say anything bad about him in my aunts house, until his downfall, again with adultery. Then there was Oral Roberts, a neo-Pentecostal televangelist who started out as a traveling faith healer. He was also a leader in the charismatic movement and a powerful orator. My grandmother never missed a show, until he threathened to go up in his tower at the University and  announced to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would "call him home" (a euphemism for death)....it was all too much to believe....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bakker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart

They became like a god to many people who followed their every word and declaration, more important than anything else in their lives, and they couldnt let them go no matter what they did or said, and these are good Christians that were watching the shows or sending in donations and going to their crusades and big events. Are Adventist doing the same thing with 3ABN and Danny and Linda, I wonder.........

Like I said, my Aunt and Granny would never let anyone say that their favorite televangelist was in error or had committed any sin, till they were taken out in handcuffs or in shame...

It looks like for some Adventist, thats what it will take for them to see what televangelist gods they have put before themselves who are just humans, with all the frailties that come with it.......

None is perfect, no not one, except Christ, and I have heard no one proclaiming any at 3ABN are perfect or sinless, or that they are gods....

To compare people here to your Granny and Aunt would of course be assuming that the accused in this case are in fact in error or sin and those defending them are blind and do not bother to diligently seek out the truth and facts in the situations for themselves.

The other side of the coin is those who served God and have always been attacked, and falsely accused. The bible is full of examples of such. Satan is angry and he is at war with the remnant of her(the churches) seed. Those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus, which is the spirit of prophecy.. Rev 12, 14 and 19:10 are key texts when it comes to our Adventist faith and what is at the root of Controversy...
They also reveal who is the accuser of the brethren and from the beginning in Genensis God said their would be emnity between his seed and her seed...

I personally see those at 3ABN as being up on the wall and sounding the alarm, and being repairers of the breach as we are called to do, and yet they are under constant attack and criticism by most here. I defend them where I can so they can keep doing that good work.

I always feel sorry for Nehemiah when I read how he had to build the wall with a sword in one hand and how he kept having to come down off the wall to deal with problems, Ellen white uses that as an example and says to not allow ourselves to be distracted from the work like this, and to let others help where they can. Right or wrong I figure I am helping in a small way to allow 3abn to continue with their mission and not be overwhelmed or distracted by their enemies.

Jesus is coming again, the world needs to know how soon and how to be prepared.

My 2 cents..

Late edit: corrected identified typos and added clarification to prevent confusion as much as is possible. :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:12:38 PM by Ian »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »

one GREAT BIG difference here. Oral Roberts, Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert did not sue their accusers because they were guilty of the accusations made against them. Danny Shelton and 3ABN did sue because their accusers have made false and defamitory accusations.

Begging your pardon, Donna, but that was the allegation regarding Jim and Tammy until investigators made it untenable. They even brought in Ephraim Zimbalist Jr, to plead their case only to find himself scourged as a result of his failed effort at exoneration. Yes, failed as the evidence weighed heavilly against the founder!!!

Let me also point out that if the evidence supports your illustrious leader, why is it not available for all, including Linda Shelton and the other supporters, to see???

Summary, your assertions are like a seive...full of holes and unsubstantive...get the evidence and bring it up to the Mountain top...or we will eventually have to make you produce it. Looking forward to that evidence that we are all wet??? In the interim, consider yourself irrelevant...Until you get your subpoena...then you must put the evidence where your mouth is or face the humiliation of exposure!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 06:10:03 AM »

one GREAT BIG difference here. Oral Roberts, Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert did not sue their accusers because they were guilty of the accusations made against them. Danny Shelton and 3ABN did sue because their accusers have made false and defamitory accusations.

Begging your pardon, Donna, but that was the allegation regarding Jim and Tammy until investigators made it untenable. They even brought in Ephraim Zimbalist Jr, to plead their case only to find himself scourged as a result of his failed effort at exoneration. Yes, failed as the evidence weighed heavilly against the founder!!!

Let me also point out that if the evidence supports your illustrious leader, why is it not available for all, including Linda Shelton and the other supporters, to see???

Summary, your assertions are like a seive...full of holes and unsubstantive...get the evidence and bring it up to the Mountain top...or we will eventually have to make you produce it. Looking forward to that evidence that we are all wet??? In the interim, consider yourself irrelevant...Until you get your subpoena...then you must put the evidence where your mouth is or face the humiliation of exposure!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

hmmmm....

I've always liked this passage, don't you?

2Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Seems to me you'll get your evidence in due time according to due process, and patience would be a good thing...

But since my Mama is irrelevant to you for now, maybe I should just grab her and her shawl while I can and flee the country...

:ROFL:

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 01:08:28 AM »

There is a post on 3ABN Defend that talks about these videos.  It seems to be a Sam/Ian group.  So far there seems to be only 4 posters at the most.  It could very possibly be only 2.

--- In 3abnDefended@yahoogroups.com, "sammy39377dl" sammy39377dl@... wrote:

"I see that Mr. Robert Pickle has made some youtube video's trying to bring dishonor to God's Name and to discredit 3ABN.

Folks, what Mr. Pickle is saying is not truthful. Before you believe what he says, check it out. You can check with 3ABN by e-mailing them at this link:

http://www.3abn.org/contact_email.cfm

You will find the truth from kind Christian loving people who work  there. I'm sorry that Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy seem to have such a hatred for God's work. They must hate the Bible and the truth in it.  In fact we are told when people do these kinds of things; it is as if they were doing it to the Lord Jesus Christ. I wonder if they have thought of this."

Sammy

Sammy;

I read your statement above.  Mr. Bob Pickle is not trying to destroy 3ABN.  You have not spoken the truth!  3ABN keeps saying this, but they cannot see that the problems are NOT with 3ABN at all.

Did you see all 12 videos?  I never heard one word about destroying 3ABN.  Instead, he cited issues of circumstances about persons in particular.  He cited real and serious matters that need to be dealt with.

Mr. Bob Pickle was a pastor in the past.  He has always done his best to keep asking about things to make sure he has a clear understanding about any given situation.  Then he gets affidavits, sworn and signed by the witness of any such activity.  I know!

Since it is Danny Shelton and 3ABN that are suing their brothers in Christ; Brother Gailon Joy and Brother Bob Pickle are only truthfully defending themselves for the trial.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A TRUE STORY ABOUT SAMMY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!

Now, I ask you Sammy, If I heard you were a male Chippendale Stripper in your spare time, and had documents and pictures proving it, but still felt I needed to confront you face to face, what would your answer be to me.  Probably you would deny any such a thing and accuse me of trying to destroy you, right?

So after you deny it, I presented copies of the pictures, the credit card receipt charges for your costumes, and for overnight partners for the night.  What would you say then?

Most people would see that they had been caught and confess that this is a deep dark secret addiction that you have not gained victory over as yet.  We would pray and I would try to become a watchdog for you to help you overcome.

FALSE STORY OVER!

This has not been the way things have happened with some at 3ABN.  The people continue to deny things when there is documented evidence.  Why?

You each will have to figure that one out all on your own.

Sam you have accused me of making false statements too.  I have court documents stating clearly what I am talking about, yet the facts continue to be denied.

If someone is calling 3ABN with questions, they will get a song and dance.  For about 1/4th of the evidence that you yourself can read, go to save-3ABN.com.   Then make your decision.  No one can base fact on one opinion only.  Be fair and hear BOTH sides BEFORE you decide.

There is enough for serious concern! Not about 3ABN, but about certain employees and board members of 3ABN.

I pray daily for 3ABN!  I not only want it to survive, but to thrive.  We need 3ABN to continue spreading the gospel to the world.  There are just some things that need to change.

Please stop saying we are trying to destroy 3ABN when that is a lie.

Thank you for your post.  I will be answering further.

Fran

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:42:54 AM by Fran »

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 01:41:55 AM »

Another;

More Youtube Videos 
"sammy39377dl" <sammy39377dl@...>sammy39377dl Mon May 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Mr. Pickle now has 11 different youtube videos made to try to bring forth to the public accusations and innuendo. Notice how below these video's it has a section for comments by the public. Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy have disabled this feature so that no one can comment that these videos are based on nothing but opinion.

This ought to prove right there that they are AFRAID people will speak up against what they are saying and to let them know they (Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy) are not truthful. When men try to bring discredit to Christian programming such as 3ABN, and they do not allow the truth to be posted, showing and proving they are wrong in their assumptions, they will find they are working on the wrong side.

Also the timing of putting these video's out for the public to see was just as a 3-day holiday began. You can see how calculating these evil men are.

But praise the Lord--He will overrule what they are trying to do. The upcoming Ten Commandments week-end will be a total success for the truths sake. God's Name will be glorified.

Truth will triumph!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 07:19:40 AM »

Now, Ian, do you pre-suppose that I buy into the premise that you never use the Donna name to post? If you pick up her laptop and sign on, would you not be posting as Donna? One thing is sure, there is no reason to grab a shawl and your Mom and run...this is your moment to give us all that relevant, and irrelevant(if you wish), evidence. Now, just so we will know in advance, will it be "confidential" (See Confidentiality Order)?

In any event, I have already selected the sight and we will be inviting you to testify under oath. It is only 72 miles away and I am told right across from the US District Court. You will get your day in the sun, and by the way, we need all that evidence in advance so we can ask relevant questions regarding source and control.

It is so good that you have been so willing to tell us so much over the months...now you get to show us just what all that commentary is based on.

anyman

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »

Bellicosity . . . and I am going to guess that should you, you are going to be disappointed, angry, and out of a few bucks that it cost you to waste your time. Confusing - oh well.

Now, Ian, do you pre-suppose that I buy into the premise that you never use the Donna name to post? If you pick up her laptop and sign on, would you not be posting as Donna? One thing is sure, there is no reason to grab a shawl and your Mom and run...this is your moment to give us all that relevant, and irrelevant(if you wish), evidence. Now, just so we will know in advance, will it be "confidential" (See Confidentiality Order)?

In any event, I have already selected the sight and we will be inviting you to testify under oath. It is only 72 miles away and I am told right across from the US District Court. You will get your day in the sun, and by the way, we need all that evidence in advance so we can ask relevant questions regarding source and control.

It is so good that you have been so willing to tell us so much over the months...now you get to show us just what all that commentary is based on.

Sam

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »

Bellicosity . . . and I am going to guess that should you, you are going to be disappointed, angry, and out of a few bucks that it cost you to waste your time. Confusing - oh well.

I have noticed that you and your group have had plenty to say this last year about "threats" from 3abn and "Danny can't sue everyone" and "how unchristian" yada yada.... Looks to me like you use threats against anyone that has a different view of this topic than you do.  You can't post an answer to anyone on the "other side" without throwing in your threat of calling them into court. You will look rather foolish trying to question someone who has no connection with 3abn and has done nothing but present facts.  Unlike your side who has defamed and slandered.  There is no comparison and your threats are foolish.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »

Dear, dear me, SAM...this is simply discovery to determine just what basis she has for being so contrary to what we understand to be the real history? No-one is suing her, just asking her to put the evidence where the mouth is....literally!!!

No threat!!! And besides, wouldn't she be quite happy to get all the evidence out there for the world to see? She should be proud that she is being asked to share the facts with us, if there are any?

If not, well it will be a waste of time, but somehow, I think this will prove to be quite fruitful!!! In fact, SURPRISINGLY SO!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »

[/quote]

I have noticed that you and your group have had plenty to say this last year about "threats" from 3abn and "Danny can't sue everyone" and "how unchristian" yada yada.... Looks to me like you use threats against anyone that has a different view of this topic than you do.  You can't post an answer to anyone on the "other side" without throwing in your threat of calling them into court. You will look rather foolish trying to question someone who has no connection with 3abn and has done nothing but present facts.  Unlike your side who has defamed and slandered.  There is no comparison and your threats are foolish.
[/quote]

Again, quite an interesting statement! On the one hand you refer to a person who "has done nothing but present facts" and in the same breath you state it is "foolish trying to question" this person in court? Who do you question in court if not those who claim to know the facts? Are you expecting this court not to be serious?

How do you know that what Gailon says is slander? Were you there as a witness? It so happens that I was involved right from the beginning of this event, and I was an eye witness to some of the events.

scratsmom

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »

[/quote]

Again, quite an interesting statement! On the one hand you refer to a person who "has done nothing but present facts" and in the same breath you state it is "foolish trying to question" this person in court? Who do you question in court if not those who claim to know the facts? Are you expecting this court not to be serious?

How do you know that what Gailon says is slander? Were you there as a witness? It so happens that I was involved right from the beginning of this event, and I was an eye witness to some of the events.
[/quote]

I noticed the same thing, Johann. According to those defending 3ABN, if you did not actually see something, you cannot possibly know it happened or didn't, yet here "someone who has no connnections with 3ABN" is doing nothing but presenting facts. Interesting....
scratsmom

Johann

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »

A devaluation of arguments.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up