Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will God hold people responsible for what their attorneys say?  (Read 12398 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

I've just been thinking. Remnant's attorney has tried to say that info about royalties paid by Remnant to Danny Shelton is irrelevant to a lawsuit that talks about royalties paid by Remnant to Danny Shelton.

I cannot yet think of a way that I could make a similar claim without prevaricating.

Would God hold Remnant responsible for what the man it hired to represent it says? Do we become accountable for what someone says and does if we hire them to represent us like this?

anyman

Re: Will God hold people responsible for what their attorneys say?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »

You really just can't get enough of tearing people down can you? This is really way out there, maybe even for you. I am suggesting you spend a little more time being introspective and finding where you went wrong and less time trying to vilify and question the spiritual lives of others. You really are the epitome of the seeing the speck in your neighbors eye and ignoring the moat in your own.

You speak as though you are truth, that Remnant is lying. If they feel the information you crave from them is irrelevant chances are they are right. It is you who has constructed the false relevance you are using to demand information from them. You have taken some bits from here, pieces from there, and used faulty logic to glue them together and then made accusations that will fall flat in court.

I've just been thinking. Remnant's attorney has tried to say that info about royalties paid by Remnant to Danny Shelton is irrelevant to a lawsuit that talks about royalties paid by Remnant to Danny Shelton.

I cannot yet think of a way that I could make a similar claim without prevaricating.

Would God hold Remnant responsible for what the man it hired to represent it says? Do we become accountable for what someone says and does if we hire them to represent us like this?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »

Anyman,

I'm not the one who sued. I'm not the one who put the royalty issue in the lawsuit. I'm not the one who told me that he wouldn't make it hard on us to get the documents we need. I'm not the one who hired that attorney. I'm not the one who tried to tell the court that documents about royalties aren't relevant in a lawsuit that talks about royalties.

The whole thing has really got me thinking. If I were to hire a lawyer to represent me, then I would think that to some extent I become responsible for what he says and does.

Habanero

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:00:33 PM »

Ok, any minute now I'll be having half a cup of tea with the mad hatter and then we'll watch a deck of militant cards march by while a cat plays disappearing tricks around a mouth full of sharp white teeth. Have we all fallen down a rabbit hole? The insanity of this discombobulating drama! A dissertation on the known physical properties of tachyons would make more sense.
 :rabbit:

Johann

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »

Anybody responsible?

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »

Ok, any minute now I'll be having half a cup of tea with the mad hatter and then we'll watch a deck of militant cards march by while a cat plays disappearing tricks around a mouth full of sharp white teeth. Have we all fallen down a rabbit hole? The insanity of this discombobulating drama! A dissertation on the known physical properties of tachyons would make more sense.
 :rabbit:
I know I'm ready to take an "Eat Me" pill or down a "Drink Me" bottle to get out of the hole.  You gather your notes on the dissertation on the known physical properties of tachyons and I'll prepare some follow-up questions.  Until that time, how about a brief commercial break...

"Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, ' Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.' "
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:19:12 AM »

Since we are doing a commercial break, here is another right in Line with Gandma's little cutey:

A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said,
 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

With even greater emphasis he said, 'And if I had All the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he Said, 'And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'

Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced  With a giggle, nearly laughing, 'For our closing song,  Let us sing Hymn #365, 'Shall We Gather at the River.'

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »

We all know that commercials generally come in sets of three or more...

"An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know... The one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. 
He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?' "

Sometimes what it takes to get the proper, most productive answers is asking the right questions.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »

Now, Grandma, this sudden sense of humor has me rolling on the floor. I thought you were quoting me the entire way through that doozey!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: [1]   Go Up