Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Dear Friends of Barbara Kerr  (Read 48175 times)

JoAnn

Dear Friends of Barbara Kerr
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »

Barbara has asked me to write a letter regarding how and what she is doing now.  It has been alittle over a year since she has returned home from Norway and as she contemplated writing you all a letter (and she did start a few times) ~ she just didn't quite know what to say; Or, should I say, she didn't know what NOT to say.  Last fall, she felt impressed not to post anything at that time, and given the direction the law suits have taken, I believe it was a wise decision to remain silent.

Her prayer has always been for the Lord to show her what the truth is regarding the 3ABN saga, and it was very interesting that while in Norway, He did just that.  She originally planned a 2 month stay for treatment but then it was extended an additional month.  Due to needing still more treatment, the doctor advised that she remain for the fourth month.  Had Barbara returned home at the end of two months, or even three months, the information given her that fourth month just wouldn't have happened.  Not that she pursued it...she didn't, not even knowing that it existed but, perhaps it was Providential that her stay was extended?  We think so.  Barbara was surprised, and disappointed, in what she learned and she struggled with what to share with all you folks.  After several attempts at writing, but not comfortable with posting her findings, she has put it in the Lord's Hands and in His time, He will reveal all.

Barb is doing very well health-wise, and has enrolled in the Medical Assistant Program at a local university.  She will complete that course of study with an associates in science in September of this year.  There is some consideration for continuing on and completing a B.S.N. degree to become the R.N. she strove for when she first married but had to drop out due to her health issues with Crohn's.  Barbara feels that going back to school has strengthened her ability to educate the public, and on a personal level, it's changed a negative situation into a positive one.  She feels peaceful, happy and very blessed.  Her son, Nathan, just graduated from Fletcher Academy and did so with Honor's and much recognition for his musical abilities.  It looks as though he will attend Andrews University this fall and there is a possibility of their entire family moving to Michigan later this year.

Barbara feels the Lord's leading in her life and that He is opening doors for her to go in a different direction.  Taste of Health is still an active ministry and she still acccepts offers for speaking engagements and cooking schools.  Her plans are to publish her third cookbook and also complete her autobiography. 

We want to thank you for all your concern, interest, prayers and support through this most difficult situation.  If you wish to contact her, you may do so through her website at www.tasteofhealth.net or by email at tasteofhealth@hotmail.com. 

Jo Ann, Mother of Barbara Kerr

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Dear Friends of Barbara Kerr
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

All very interesting, I must say.
Why didn't Barbara write this herself if there is something to be shared regarding her??

Barbara has asked me to write a letter regarding how and what she is doing now..... 

"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Habanero

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »

Those who would know the future and understand the present must study history.

All very interesting, I must say.
Why didn't Barbara write this herself if there is something to be shared regarding her??

Barbara has asked me to write a letter regarding how and what she is doing now..... 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:56:03 AM »

Her prayer has always been for the Lord to show her what the truth is regarding the 3ABN saga, and it was very interesting that while in Norway, He did just that. ... Barbara was surprised, and disappointed, in what she learned and she struggled with what to share with all you folks.

JoAnn,

There appears to be a major challenge with the information Barbara learned that must first be surmounted before it can be considered credible.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »

Her prayer has always been for the Lord to show her what the truth is regarding the 3ABN saga, and it was very interesting that while in Norway, He did just that. ... Barbara was surprised, and disappointed, in what she learned and she struggled with what to share with all you folks.

JoAnn,

There appears to be a major challenge with the information Barbara learned that must first be surmounted before it can be considered credible.

Yep.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »

Just to be clear, or less clear, I did not specify the source of the information that is confronted by an obstacle.

Fair Havens

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »

What have we got here - a riddle wrapped up in an enigma? :scratch:

Just to be clear, or less clear, I did not specify the source of the information that is confronted by an obstacle.

guide4him

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »

Or was it an enigma wrapped up in a riddle?  :scratch:Or was it ..... :scratch:
Oh well.... would be nice to understand all these enigmas and riddles. :rabbit:

countrymouse

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:32:51 PM »

If I am reading between the lines correctly, it sounds as though Barbara found out that Linda and the doctor really did have an affair after all.  Please correct me if I am wrong as many of us have also been praying to know the truth.  But please don't leave it up in the air for speculation.  You can see the conclusion that we may come to in reading that she found something out and that she was disturbed and disappointed.   :scratch:

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »

If I am reading between the lines correctly, it sounds as though Barbara found out that Linda and the doctor really did have an affair after all.  Please correct me if I am wrong as many of us have also been praying to know the truth.  But please don't leave it up in the air for speculation.  You can see the conclusion that we may come to in reading that she found something out and that she was disturbed and disappointed.   :scratch:

Country Mouse, I would not put too much faith into the "report" from Barbara Kerr, via her mother, concerning Linda Shelton and the Doctor. It appears to be written in such a manner as to purposefully lead one to false conclusions without actually coming out and making a clear statement of fact. Personally, I wonder why Barbara did not come here and share her "disturbing information" herself? Why all the secrecy? A Christian does not handle a situation in this manner. She either comes out and has her say or she remains silent. A mature middle-aged Christian does not send her mother around to various SDA Forums with sly hints and innuendos that would cause others to draw the obvious conclusion that Country Mouse has been lead to deduce.

I believe the letter from Barbara Kerr's mother say much more about their "Christian" characters than it does about either Linda Shelton or Doctor A.

As Linda Shelton challenged Danny to come forward and produce the evidence of adultery. So, I challenge Barbara Kerr to come forward as a Christian and voice her concerns.

GrammieT

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »

Country Mouse, I would not put too much faith into the "report" from Barbara Kerr, via her mother, concerning Linda Shelton and the Doctor. It appears to be written in such a manner as to purposefully lead one to false conclusions without actually coming out and making a clear statement of fact. Personally, I wonder why Barbara did not come here and share her "disturbing information" herself? Why all the secrecy? A Christian does not handle a situation in this manner. She either comes out and has her say or she remains silent. A mature middle-aged Christian does not send her mother around to various SDA Forums with sly hints and innuendos that would cause others to draw the obvious conclusion that Country Mouse has been lead to deduce.

I believe the letter from Barbara Kerr's mother say much more about their "Christian" characters than it does about either Linda Shelton or Doctor A.

As Linda Shelton challenged Danny to come forward and produce the evidence of adultery. So, I challenge Barbara Kerr to come forward as a Christian and voice her concerns.

ITA with you, Sister.   :thumbsup: 

It would be very helpful if Barbara, herself, would come to this forum and either confirm what seems to be a negative report regarding Linda; or deny it as the deluded ramblings :hamster: of a  dannyclone who is continuing to try to bring more hurt to Linda and her cause.   :dunno:   

Joann, if you really are Barbara's mother I appologize to you :console:  and ask either you or Barbara to come with the complete findings of Barbara's discoveries in Norway, whether they are negative or positive regarding Linda.    :help:   We want to know the truth,   :rabbit:  no matter what it is at this point; and we are tired to pieces of the constant suggestions that she is somehow lying, along with Johann and Dr. Arildson. 

For the record, I still have faith in Linda and believe that she was treated abominably by Danny and 3ABN's BOD and that she will be vindicated.    :purr:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

christined

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

Country Mouse,  I think it would be best not to read between the lines.  I could read something entirely different from you.  Yes, I would like to know what Barbara Kerr found out, also.  I am tired of following all this saga, but I have a hard time staying away from it.   :hamster:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »

And explain to me how one would deduce that Barbara Kerr, in Norway for therapy herself and joined by Linda Shelton three years after the divorce, would have discovered any evidence that Linda had an affair with a man who was 6000 miles away during all the time from February to June 2004?

Sorry little mouse, but there is just no such trail and your speculation reeks of deliberate effort to smear. But then, maybe you are in league with Mouse Brenda?

Gailon Arthur Joy

countrymouse

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 07:38:49 AM »

Well, Mr Joy, I came to that conclusion because Barbara Kerr has always claimed to be on Linda's side and what she found out in Norway surprised and disappointed her.  So how did you come to the conclusion that I am on "Mouse Brenda's"side?  I just want to know the truth like everyone else here.
I was recently rebaptized when all this happened and it was very upsetting to me what Danny did to Linda.  I personally do not believe in spiritual adultry and feel that Danny contrived to get the divorce.  I quit sending 3ABN donations after that.  So ,Mr Joy, throw your darts somewhere else.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think Danny convinced Barbara that Linda was wrong and he was right, and then later Barbara switched to Linda's side. That's how I remember the story.

The whole thing is a bit complex. Who are Barbara's present sources, and are they reliable?

The one thing that is concrete is that Danny in the last half of July 2004 did not know whether Linda had committed fornication or not, for he wrote her that letter that said that she was about to, IF she hadn't already.

So if Brenda's story back then was what it is today, why would Danny have said IF in that letter? That's what doesn't make sense to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up