Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you hear the news?  (Read 55870 times)

Child_of_God

Re: Did you hear the news?
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »

I won\'t comment about the IRS Criminal Investigation.  I have not received any communication that this information is true, but if it is, I will rejoice along with others about the findings. 

I have never desired to harm the ministry of 3ABN.  I am elated that 3ABN is surviving and Thriving.  That has always been my desire.  I have always stated that, however, some have accused me of trying to destroy 3ABN.  If my asking relevant questions about financial issues is wrong, so be it.  The questions remain.

This does not have anything to do with the trial between Bob, Gailon, Danny and 3ABN.  I am not involved in that case as yet.  If I am, at a future date, I will have to tell the truth about all of my findings and questions.  I will tell the truth as I see it.  If that makes me a Rumor Mongrel, as Stan has put forth, so be it.  It does NOT, and has NEVER meant I want to destroy the ministry of 3ABN.  Anyone assuming that does not know me very well.

Gregory;

I have no feelings of being \"Lucky\" to not be involved in this litigation between Bob, Gailon, Danny, & 3ABN.  I do not feel lucky about it.  I believe I clearly understand why.  I am also not a member of the team of Bob and Gailon!  However, I believe I agree with their findings thus far, and will help if I am needed in any way.  I am here because of me.  God gave me the information long before Bob and Gailon were ever heard of.  I did what I felt God wanted me to do at that time.

Of all people, Greg, you know that to be truth.

Thank you.

Fran --------  ( :ROFL:   :TY:   :dunno:  I guess by now, this is common knowledge!  :usa:)

What stands out in what you have said is that you didn’t just ask relevant questions but were actually making statements of fact, judgments and tons of speculation on how wrong you thought 3ABN to be. So why bring up your findings and questions again when the IRS has found them to be irrelevant. All of your speculation means absolutely nothing now because you were wrong.

I am having a hard time with your statement “God gave me the information long before Bob and Gailon were ever heard of.  I did what I felt God wanted me to do at that time.” Surely you do not believe God would give you false information and tell you to do something with it when it is completely alien to His character.

I am praying that you may see who you were really listening to because he is the one who wants to bring down those means such as 3ABN  which takes the gospel to the whole world.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »

I won\'t comment about the IRS Criminal Investigation.  I have not received any communication that this information is true, but if it is, I will rejoice along with others about the findings. 

I have never desired to harm the ministry of 3ABN.  I am elated that 3ABN is surviving and Thriving.  That has always been my desire.  I have always stated that, however, some have accused me of trying to destroy 3ABN.  If my asking relevant questions about financial issues is wrong, so be it.  The questions remain.

This does not have anything to do with the trial between Bob, Gailon, Danny and 3ABN.  I am not involved in that case as yet.  If I am, at a future date, I will have to tell the truth about all of my findings and questions.  I will tell the truth as I see it.  If that makes me a Rumor Mongrel, as Stan has put forth, so be it.  It does NOT, and has NEVER meant I want to destroy the ministry of 3ABN.  Anyone assuming that does not know me very well.

Gregory;

I have no feelings of being \"Lucky\" to not be involved in this litigation between Bob, Gailon, Danny, & 3ABN.  I do not feel lucky about it.  I believe I clearly understand why.  I am also not a member of the team of Bob and Gailon!  However, I believe I agree with their findings thus far, and will help if I am needed in any way.  I am here because of me.  God gave me the information long before Bob and Gailon were ever heard of.  I did what I felt God wanted me to do at that time.

Thank you.

Fran --------  ( :ROFL:   :TY:   :dunno:  I guess by now, this is common knowledge!  :usa:)

What stands out in what you have said is that you didn’t just ask relevant questions but were actually making statements of fact, judgments and tons of speculation on how wrong you thought 3ABN to be. So why bring up your findings and questions again when the IRS has found them to be irrelevant. All of your speculation means absolutely nothing now because you were wrong.

I am having a hard time with your statement “God gave me the information long before Bob and Gailon were ever heard of.  I did what I felt God wanted me to do at that time.” Surely you do not believe God would give you false information and tell you to do something with it when it is completely alien to His character.

I am praying that you may see who you were really listening to because he is the one who wants to bring down those means such as 3ABN  which takes the gospel to the whole world.

How dare you. Who do you think you are to say such things to Fran? Get a mirror, would you.
Before you start getting so carried away with your SELF-righteousness, do you want to give us the PROOF that it was false information? Numbers my friend DO NOT LIE. Facts ARE facts. I haven't seen any proof, and if you think that what one person might tell you is proof, nope.
You all are pushing this so far, I feel you are about to go over the cliff.
I can see why you would have a hard time with it.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26:52 PM »

Gregory;

Thank you.

How dare you. Who do you think you are to say such things to Fran? Get a mirror, would you.
Before you start getting so carried away with your SELF-righteousness, do you want to give us the PROOF that it was false information? Numbers my friend DO NOT LIE. Facts ARE facts. I haven't seen any proof, and if you think that what one person might tell you is proof, nope.

AMEN.

Child_of_God

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 04:49:13 AM »

I won\\\'t comment about the IRS Criminal Investigation.  I have not received any communication that this information is true, but if it is, I will rejoice along with others about the findings. 

Gregory;

I have no feelings of being \\\"Lucky\\\" to not be involved in this litigation between Bob, Gailon, Danny, & 3ABN.  I do not feel lucky about it.  I believe I clearly understand why.  I am also not a member of the team of Bob and Gailon!  However, I believe I agree with their findings thus far, and will help if I am needed in any way.  I am here because of me.  God gave me the information long before Bob and Gailon were ever heard of.  I did what I felt God wanted me to do at that time.

Thank you.

Before you start getting so carried away with your SELF-righteousness, do you want to give us the PROOF that it was false information? Numbers my friend DO NOT LIE. Facts ARE facts. I haven\'t seen any proof, and if you think that what one person might tell you is proof, nope.

AMEN.

Sunshineome,

I could not dare not to because I love and care about Fran. I am just one such as you and Fran on a journey with the Lord. Sometimes we may get side tracked or lost because we listen to others or our own sinful thoughts, but if we just lift up our eyes and reach out our hand towards the Lord he will take it and bring us back on to the narrow road to safety. I have not always made wise choices in my life but the Lord has always been faithful to me. He loves us and because of that love for me, I love my fellowman. I am just reaching out to Fran to have patience a little while longer for the proof instead of continuing on as she did. I do not want to see her used or abused anymore by the one or ones who have been feeding her wrong information.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 07:47:37 AM »

I am just reaching out to Fran to have patience a little while longer for the proof instead of continuing on as she did. I do not want to see her used or abused anymore by the one or ones who have been feeding her wrong information.

I highly doubt that this is the case with Fran...I can see your party line developing, however.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2008, 10:31:41 AM »

Well, there you go.  If Ronnie Shelton says it, it MUST be true... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I think I will wait for an official document from the IRS!!

You mean these e-mails from Thursday and Friday of last week:

----- Original Message -----
To: 
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:53 PM
Subject: audit

Hello friends,

I wanted to let you know that I got a call a few minutes ago and was told that the IRS has ended it's audit of both 3ABN and Danny Shelton's personal audit after nearly one year.

They called 3ABN's lawyers and ask them what 3ABN wanted them to do with the 13,000 pages of documents as they were closing the case! They could return the documents or destroy them.

THE VERDICT... Not one infraction, not one discrepancy, not one fine!
SQUEAKY CLEAN!   Complete vindication!

We are not surprised however, God has been in control all the time! He has foiled another attack by the adversary on one of His greatest ministries!

Blessings,
Ron

----- Original Message -----
To: 
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 9:32 PM
Subject: Audit of 3ABN

Hello friends,

I got another update about the number of 3ABN documents that was examined by the IRS. I told you wrong last night. It's not 13,000.,, The lawyers are saying .. OVER 100,000.

Praise the Lord!

Blessings,

Ron

We know that is what the elation seems to be about but the content remains
un substantiated. 3ABN  itself remains silent on such an important issue. But then
maybe they are saving if for the fireworks on Thursday Night Live 3ABN Today. The US Attorney's office also remains silent. Someone will break one way or the other in time.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »

If past experiences had shown us that a word from a Shelton brother always is the truth, then it would have been easy to accept this news as truth

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »

So far the much awaited news from DS doesn't seem to be coming quickly. I am hoping to see  them produce an official document backing their claims.

Something that bolsters their claim of not one infraction.  The wordings of their apologies I have seen and ours can be stretched to claim the IRS officially apologised to you. It goes along the lines of we are sorry you made us slap you and this time consuming investigation has come to an end.  The IRS does not get into criminal investigations without a strong reason. The reason has to be more than a complaint from a disgruntled Anti- 3ABN .
I don't think we will see anything much except 3ABN and DS vouching for the character and honesty of 3ABN and DS.
Those that back DS will say see, Reliable source has cleared our guy of any wrong doing. Maybe that is why they don't allow people to sit on their own juries.

Those anti 3ABN and DS as it exists today will never take the word of a 3ABN Supporter/family member

I doubt that a signed, notarized document stating We are Sorry from the IRS and you have not one infraction ,you are squeaky clean will convine many that there hasn't  been something going on under the table type thing.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »

Hey - I think you have hit on a great way for CNN to cut costs!!  Why bother to send reporters out to actually OBSERVE and REPORT on the news?  They could just obtain the story TIPS, report a few tantalizing TIDBITS and then simply allow the viewers to...DISCERN...what actually happened...!

All of you have been given the truth all along from those who have defended Dannny Shelton and 3ABN and sadly none of you could discern that either.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: So now we are supposed to discern the news?

"Breaking news! Today in an Asian country there are people mourning over the thing that happened there. There are other people celebrating. And a result prices have gone up on the product. Yet, in an African country prices remained steady on the other product and the populace are showing indifference to the thing that happened in the Asian country."

"What happened in which Asian country, and what is the product?"

"Huh? You don't know? Obviously you don't know how to discern the news."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:49 PM »

huh???

Does anyone else feel like they just got off a merry-go-round??

There has been much speculation on the Internet over the past 48 hours in regard to some major development that has taken place that has proclaimed 3-ABN to be clean, whatever that means.  That is the issue:  No one knows exactly what is supposed to have happened.  In a real way anything that I can say about it is only speculative.

I have made attempts to find out what is going on yesterday and today.  My attempts have failed.  I do not have any authorative knowledge.  In some cases I have not been able to talk to the individual I had attempted to contact.  In other cases no response was given to me.
I was able to discuss some of this speculation with a SDA Attorney, this morning, who attends the same church I attend.  [NOTE:  For those who like to speculate, this was not the female attorney that some of you think has been highly involved.]  My comments here will reflect my thinking as well as some of the comments made to me by that attorney.

The thinking of people who have talked to me about what is being said on the Internet, as well  as how certain Internet posts have been understood is that this major development involved the Internal Revenue Service alleged investigation of 3-ABN.  While that may be accurate, it is also possible that this alleged development involves something not related in any way to the IRS.  As many seem to think that it does involve the IRS, I am going to comment on this alleged development from that standpoint.

First, I have been told that there could be several valid reasons why a major development has occurred and the specifics have not been published at this point.  I do not think that there is any value in speculating on possible reasons and therefore I am not going to comment further on this point.

I think that it would be well to consider the approach that the Internal Revenue Service often takes in an investigation.    While it may launch a criminal investigation [NOTE: I am not alleging that a criminal investigation has been launched against 3-ABN.] it often prefers to change the criminal investigation to a civil case.  It will often prefer to allow a civil case to become a negotiated settlement of the issues.  Once that settlement has been reached the organization is given a clean bill of health as all questions are resolved.

The settlement agreement between the IRS and the organization may be available to the general public.    Or, it may not be made available to the general public and it becomes a confidential document that is restricted in its distribution.  So, if the IRS and 3-ABN have reached a settlement agreement, is it now, or will it become, a public document available to the general public?  [NOTE:  Again, I do not make any claim as to whether or not the IRS has investigated 3-ABN.]

If this major development involves a decision by the IRS in regard to 3-ABN, and it may not, in my opinion the following are the possibilities:

1)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that 3-ABN has done nothing that warrants either criminal or civil sanctions. 

If this is the fact, this is a major development that is likely to have a major effect in the ongoing civil litigation.  I am not going to comment further on this at this time.  But, I will suggest that the importance of a ruling of this nature cannot be underestimated.

2)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that criminal action is not warranted, but civil action will occur. 

This could be a significant development.  But, it would be important in essence saying that mistakes were made but they were mistakes of ignorance and not of criminal intent.

3)   It is possible that the IRS has determined that neither criminal nor civil action is warranted.  Rather a settlement agreement took place. 

This would in essence be a statement to the fact that while mistakes may have made they were simple mistakes more of a type than can be commonly be made as people fill out the complex IRS documents.  In addition, it is likely that the settlement agreement may not allege that mistakes were actually made.  Rather, it may be a simple statement that without acknowledging any fault the IRS and 3-ABN have settled these issues.  A settlement agreement may not be used to assert proof of wrong doing. It may be nothing more than an agreement that resolves the issues.

So, where are we at this point in time?  We are not at any place where a definitive statement can be made.  For possibly valid reasons those with knowledge are not telling us what has happened.  They are telling us to wait and see.  Are they blowing wind?  I do not think so.  I think that a major development has happened.  I do not know what it is.  My post here is speculative.  I am simply waiting for further developments which I hope will tell us what has happened.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »

Well, there you go.  If Ronnie Shelton says it, it MUST be true... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I think I will wait for an official document from the IRS!!

I'll join with you in that Snoopy.

One would think that if all this 'spin' is really true, they'd have been flying the letter from the flag pole by now.

Eduard

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2008, 06:15:19 AM »

huh???

Does anyone else feel like they just got off a merry-go-round??

My post here is speculative.  I am simply waiting for further developments which I hope will tell us what has happened.

Snoopy,

Like I said in a message to Gregory before, it seems that he has too much time on his hands. It appears that in his interpretation the word "speculative" means something close to "unfounded, reckless, and completely removed from the facts assumptions." I admire his excited imagination (Or maybe his message is something else?).

Eduard

=====

Edited to separare original post from quoted post.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:55:04 AM by Daryl Fawcett »

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »

Eduard:

For a person of your depth of understanding of the English language I would think that you would be aware that most English words have multiple meanings.  That is clearly true for the word "speculates" and its cognates.  While I would not presume to teach you, for those who may be enamored with your fluency in language I will provide some accepted meanings that you have ignored:

1) To consider a subject or idea.
2) Contemplation of a profound nature.
3) Inference based on incomplete evidence.

In further consideration of the word "speculate" the implication is that there has been an orderly process of reasoning which has been based upon incomplete evidence.  In view of this it can hardly be said that what I have said is " . . . close to 'unfounded, reckless, and completely removed from the facts assumptions.'"  If anyone has an excited imagination over my post, it appears to be you.  Oh, well, understanding that you very well may have to much time on your hands that is otherwise not put to useful purpose I can understand why my post might excite you.  However, I would encourage you to sublimate your excitation if that is needed.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:23:23 PM by Gregory »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

And now back to central theme of this particular thread...Did you (or anyone else other than a Shelton) hear the news???

How profound that here we are a week later and still no "formal statement", just the commentary of a dear brother stating that Danny has been "EXONERATED".

I am sticking with the evidence until the US Attorney speaks and gives clarity that exceeds my limited vision, but it is getting better all the time as we SQUEEZE evidence out of them.

Never have so few wanted to produce so little for so long!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up