Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Danny Shelton/3ABN Method of Intimidation and Character Assassination  (Read 13097 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

This is a brief review of the methods used by Danny Shelton et al.  It is unfortunate that 3ABN, as a Christian media entity, is included, but, for the time being, the 3ABN organization appears to have chosen to continue its alignment with Danny Shelton.

Five Step Method:

1.  Determine which individuals are causing the most serious damage to Danny Shelton/3ABN.

2.  Do preliminary research using private investigators as necessary; discover any possible areas in which the opponents might be attacked.

3.  Develop a backstory of undesirable motivations by which to characterize each opponent.

4.  Combine each opponent's backstory with any damaging evidence that has been discovered during Step Two.

5.  Find easily manipulated individuals to spread the above mixture of facts and misinformation.

####

This process has helped Danny Shelton immeasurably during his rise to prominence as a televangelist and 3ABN Founder.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Ozzie

This behaviour is common to thugs/bullies and shows the TRUE character of the perpetrators of abuse in my experience.

Actually, it seems to be par for the course, for those trying to cover their evil tracks.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

This behaviour is common to thugs/bullies and shows the TRUE character of the perpetrators of abuse in my experience.

Actually, it seems to be par for the course, for those trying to cover their evil tracks.

Anyone read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich? I think you have cited a good chunk of the NAZI party playbook. ANd once in control they simply executed those deemed expendable for whatever reason. Are you suggesting Shelton's 3ABN demonstrated these characteristics?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

The Third Reich fell after it rose...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

The Third Reich fell after it rose...

Is this a prediction? Just remember, it took a war to do in the Third Reich, end the intimidation and executions and bring forth a new Germany.

Will a New 3ABN arise?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

The war is definitely on.

Jack Indabocks

Even if you are at war aren\'t all these Nazi and Hitler comparisons a bit over the top?

Ozzie

Even if you are at war aren\'t all these Nazi and Hitler comparisons a bit over the top?

I don't believe so.

I'd say that it all depends on where one sits in the grand scheme of things.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

My first wife, Irmgard, was a member of the Hitler Youth during the Second World War. They were very proud of belonging to such an elite organization. Many of the leaders were top athletes. These children worked for the good of their country by picking useful nuts and plants in the forests. Strict discipline kept them out of mischief.

Adolf Hitler restored the failing German economy and gave the hopelessly lost poor people steady employment. With his speeches he restored the national pride of the German nation, just like great American leaders have been doing for centuries to boost the American spirit. The Nazi system really improved so many of the things in a bleak situation. It ignited hope for the future.

Yes, Hitler was also "guilty" of following the principles Artiste has pointed out here at the beginning, but all of this was hidden and disguised, and denied, and covered up by reference to all of the great things that were being done for the nation - and the world. Do you detect any similarities?

I have known a number of former ardent Nazis, and also victims from the concentration camps. It is quite interesting comparing notes, also with the system we are discussing here. One of these victims was incarcerated in a "Night and Fog" concentration camp where none were expected to survive. He lived to become a first elder in a church I pastored some years later. The German SS officers made him a foreman in a work gang of Norwegian prisoners. He got hold of a stick, and  hitting the ground he citing Norwegian national poetry to inspire his fellow prisoners to vigilance. The Germans did not understand, and thought he was threatening the workers to keep them going.

One of his fellow prisoners survived to become the Prime Minister of Norway. Surviving tyranny was a great lesson to these people.

Should we not all learn the lesson of how to survive tyranny - and compare notes to ignite real and divine hope for the future?

Eduard

"Indabocks,"

It takes more than a casual look at things to notice and understand the change. For half of my life I lived in a country that shifted from a democratic system to a fully totalitarian regime. I was about 15 when the changes began, and at first they seemed insignificant. As the time went on, it became more and more evident to most people that our rights were taken away. By the time all citizens were fully awake to the changes it was too late to protest or prevent. It had been done. The secret service had files on the "disidents," the phones were tapped, people were watched, contacted and intimidated. Some were arrested again and again and threatened. Some were arested and never came back, and some came back in a box. It took a revolution with a lot of loss of lives for the people of my country to take their country back.

Is the comparison between Danny Shelton and Hitler "a bit over the top"? You have to remember that Danny Shelton could not go as far as Hitler went because he doesn't have the unlimited power and the support of the military to do what he would like to do. But what has he done so far? ACCORDING TO MATERIAL WITNESSES AND DOCUMENTS PRESENTED ON DIFFERENT FORUMS HE HAS DONE THE FOLLOWING:

He has misused 3ABN as a launching platform for his personal interests, goals, and propaganda.

He has hired and fired at 3ABN as he has pleased.

He has manipulated the 3ABN board of directors and his local church leadership and has manufactured consent in order to promote his personal interests.

He has diverted money which should have been included in the 3ABN account balance and he has hidden that money from 3ABN and the donors.

He has committed tax fraud.

He has gotten rid of all those who disagreed with him, and has retained only the "loyal supporters" at 3ABN.

He has allowed others to treat him as he were a "prophet, " God's "mouthpiece," God's "messenger" of our time.

He has allowed the development of a person cult, whose object is himself.

He has performed a coup d’état through which he has removed the co-founder of 3ABN on the basis of false accusations and character attack on an international scale.

He has threatened and intimidated the co-founder in order to secure her silence about what really happened at 3ABN.

He has launched a lawsuit against two people who have dared to blow the whistle about his abuse of privileges and authority.

He has hired ELEVEN ATTORNEYS and has served subpoenas to all those who have dared to say anything that resembled a disagreement with his actions.

He has diverted millions of dollars from the preaching of the Gospel to a personal cause.

He has sent an army of disciples to various forums instructing them to disseminate misinformation and to intimidate and threaten all those who express any critical opinion about his abuse of power and privileges.

Some people (former 3ABN employees, etc.) have stated that they have been watched, and spied on. Their computers have been destroyed. They fear for their lives.

So, what do we see here? A shift to the left, from a democratic association to a dictatorship. Two people began a Gospel Ministry with a good purpose, and principled guidelines, but then one cofounder was eliminated through a power maneuver, and the other cofounder took over the ministry and began to act as a dictator. He manipulated the board of directors at 3ABN, and forced them to support his personal choices and goals. He fired all those who disagreed with him, and assumed more power. He began to disparage and malign all those who were critical of his actions. When two people blew the whistle on his unethical if not illegal actions he hired attorneys and sued them. He threatened those who spoke against him, and sent his disciples to disseminate misinformation, and threaten and to intimidate all those who speak against his evil actions.

He has turned 3ABN from a Christian Gospel Ministry into his personal fiefdom. He has become a DICTATOR.

What could be his next actions? We don’t know. We can only guess. But “power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” And unrestrained power brings with it all kinds of abuse. The more unrestrained power one has, the more abuse he is in danger to commit.

Read Naomi Wolf’s “The End of America,” and Al Gore’s “The Assault on Reason.” You will understand that what seems innocent in the beginning can become deadly if abuse of privileges and power is not restrained. All the dictators we like to talk so much about began VERY SMALL, but usurped more privileges and power until they became MONSTERS, and commited crimes that blow our minds. I have been there, and I have watched such things happen.

Eduard

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:47:18 AM by Eduard »
Pages: [1]   Go Up