Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Pope's apology lead to SDA's clergy to apologize too?  (Read 26685 times)

mrst53

Re: Will Pope's apology lead to SDA's clergy to apologize too?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 05:22:04 PM »

Duane, I love it :ROFL: I have read my own line over and over and never did catch it. good thing my English Teachers can't see me now :oops:

christian

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

The Greek New Testament Lexicon- states that to repent is to be remorseful, to turn about, to turn away from. I think he was sorry he had turned Jesus in and that Jesus was condemned to die. He never expected that. For that he repented and maybe he repented for not believing in Jesus,that we will not know, until the end of time.
Perhaps this story illustrates a point that needs to be considered, not so much that Judas repented but rather that there is a limit and a point to which even repentance cannot save us. Yes, I believe that Judas was repentant and yes I believe he was remorseful I just believe that it was all to late.

Donna

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:43 AM »

The Greek New Testament Lexicon- states that to repent is to be remorseful, to turn about, to turn away from. I think he was sorry he had turned Jesus in and that Jesus was condemned to die. He never expected that. For that he repented and maybe he repented for not believing in Jesus,that we will not know, until the end of time.
Perhaps this story illustrates a point that needs to be considered, not so much that Judas repented but rather that there is a limit and a point to which even repentance cannot save us. Yes, I believe that Judas was repentant and yes I believe he was remorseful I just believe that it was all to late.

Or was his weakness that of not being able to let go and let God? He seemed to lack full faith and trust that God was in control and therefore stepped in and did his own thing. Ending his own life was further evidence of that.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:50:13 AM by Johann »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 02:48:32 AM »

You can't really love someone when you can premeditate to kill them before or after. Although you can come to the realization of what you done to the horror of too late.  

So will it be when the "Unjust" that go to church and play the rules only to find out they displayed their life in society as "righteous" but their love of God was never priority to the selfishness of self on the inside character that was covered by outward appearances.

The Unjust will react the same as Judas with the "Coming" and that will be the worst class to be in as they discover in horror that Jesus never knew them and they really did not know Jesus. They chose to pick their own desires of opinionated views instead of following what is clearly established in God's Word of what God desires us to do to reach His likeness. Then we can only do that with "no reservations" if we truly love Him.  Then only can we truly apologize, repent, and truly be remorseful.

Look how the Adventist have separated taking on the "keeping up with appearances" of known biblical truth. They know better, but their self and desires come first. So there is always division in every church. "Unity" will come with those that Love God and His will for us as the Unified separate from the Justifiers.

You see many do not have the ability or that they don't even fathom to not put self first. They are just plain selfish to the core with the appearance of how good they want people to think they are. "Self vanity". It all has to go. That was the trait of the Devil.

Johann

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »

The Vatican has expressed shock at raids, including the "violation" of a cathedral crypt, by Belgian police investigating alleged child sex abuse.

As well as searching a couple of main Church offices and a cardinal's home, police had drilled holes in two archbishops' tombs, said the Church.

Prosecutors said the raids were over alleged "abuse of minors committed by a certain number of Church figures".

Belgium is one of many countries where the Church has been hit by sex scandal.

In April, the Bishop of Bruges, Roger Vangheluwe, resigned after admitting he had sexually abused a boy more than 20 years ago.
'Da Vinci Code'

The Vatican has summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to voice anger over Thursday's raids.

Police in Leuven seized nearly 500 files and a computer from the offices of a Church commission investigating allegations of sex abuse.
Continue reading the main story Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard at a news conference in Brussels on 25 June 2010

We are surprised it went as far as drilling into tombs

Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard Leader of the Church in Belgium

They also searched the Church's headquarters, the Brussels archdiocese in Mechelen, north of the Belgian capital.

Bishops holding a meeting there were barred from leaving the premises for several hours and had their mobile phones confiscated, said Church officials.

BBC

Johann

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

Does this news item indicate the Catholic Church is not willing to help or admit there have been problems, or are the investigations getting too close?

The Vatican has expressed shock at raids, including the "violation" of a cathedral crypt, by Belgian police investigating alleged child sex abuse.

As well as searching a couple of main Church offices and a cardinal's home, police had drilled holes in two archbishops' tombs, said the Church.

Prosecutors said the raids were over alleged "abuse of minors committed by a certain number of Church figures".

Belgium is one of many countries where the Church has been hit by sex scandal.

In April, the Bishop of Bruges, Roger Vangheluwe, resigned after admitting he had sexually abused a boy more than 20 years ago.
'Da Vinci Code'

The Vatican has summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to voice anger over Thursday's raids.

Police in Leuven seized nearly 500 files and a computer from the offices of a Church commission investigating allegations of sex abuse.
Continue reading the main story Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard at a news conference in Brussels on 25 June 2010

We are surprised it went as far as drilling into tombs

Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard Leader of the Church in Belgium

They also searched the Church's headquarters, the Brussels archdiocese in Mechelen, north of the Belgian capital.

Bishops holding a meeting there were barred from leaving the premises for several hours and had their mobile phones confiscated, said Church officials.

BBC

Johann

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »

Ah, what a gift you have for seeing the lighter side of things. What a blessing a sense of humor can be.

Thank you - and others - for letting us see the lighter side of life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up