Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Writ of Certiorari  (Read 13715 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Writ of Certiorari
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »

Daryl:

I hae never claimed infability.  I only claim to be  correct in what I say, sometimes.   :)

Due to the instruction of Bob, I have learned.

I am simply one who states opinions before I know that every part of my opinion is 100% correct.

And haven't we all learned from "Bob"??? And I suspect there is much to learn from "Bob" in the future. And I am not talking about "account-temps bob" although we most certainly hold Bob in the same reverence.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

Today the United States Supreme Court denied the petition for the Writ of Certiorari.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »

Today the United States Supreme Court denied the petition for the Writ of Certiorari.

How exciting for you to get to share that news!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »

Bob and Gailon,

I just have to say this - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

You stood up for the cause of transparency and accountability in the face of deep pocketed adversaries and a corrupt justice system.  While the courts did not bring the fair or desired outcome, your efforts were NOT in vain!  You were successful in drawing a great deal of attention to a festering Seventh-day Adventist mess that is soon to blow up in our collective Seventh-day Adventist faces.  We have learned that 3ABN's proclaimed affiliation with our church depends on which piece of litigation one is reading at the time.  But that will be irrelevant when the lid blows because perception trumps reality in the court of public opinion.

But the most important Court of all is the Heavenly Court, the One who knows all including what happened behind closed doors and in dark places.  He is control, and He will see this through on His own terms.

In the meantime, thank you for what you did.  And Bob, you could probably teach law school now!!  You did a fantastic job!!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

Bob and Gailon,

I just have to say this - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

You stood up for the cause of transparency and accountability in the face of deep pocketed adversaries and a corrupt justice system.  While the courts did not bring the fair or desired outcome, your efforts were NOT in vain!  You were successful in drawing a great deal of attention to a festering Seventh-day Adventist mess that is soon to blow up in our collective Seventh-day Adventist faces.  We have learned that 3ABN's proclaimed affiliation with our church depends on which piece of litigation one is reading at the time.  But that will be irrelevant when the lid blows because perception trumps reality in the court of public opinion.

But the most important Court of all is the Heavenly Court, the One who knows all including what happened behind closed doors and in dark places.  He is control, and He will see this through on His own terms.

In the meantime, thank you for what you did.  And Bob, you could probably teach law school now!!  You did a fantastic job!!

I agree!

--Good work, Bob and Gailon!  (Maybe you will be teaching law school some day, Bob!)

I wonder how long it will take for this "festering mess" to blow up in SDA faces.

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »

Although, come to think of it, I believe one of Bob's filing's did have an apostrophe in the wrong place.  Maybe that's why the supreme court denied the writ... :dunno:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:28 AM »

How exciting for you to get to share that news!

The electronic version of the actual order is at http://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/111411zor.pdf. One can note the percentage of petitions denied.

It is also important to note that a denial without more is not a statement regarding the merits of the case.

Denials of petitions for certiorari with nothing more numbered 164. Denials of petitions for certiorari with a little more numbered 7. Denials of other petitions numbered 6. Denials of rehearing numbered 15.

3 cases were summarily reversed, without merits briefs or oral arguments.

Besides those three, 5 other petitions for certiorari were granted. Of those five, it appears that 3 have to do with ObamaCare, two entries being made for case 11-400.

And thus, ObamaCare's foes and/or friends are the real winners in the court's orders of Monday, November 14, 2011.

The first petition of the five that were granted presented this question:

Whether a child who was conceived after the death of a biological parent, but who cannot inherit personal property from that biological parent under applicable state intestacy law, is eligible for child survivor benefits under Title II of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 401 et seq.

The second presented this question:

Does a city government violate the Equal Protection Clause when it forgives outstanding payments owed by taxpayers who have been paying a particular tax in installments but refuses to refund taxpayers who have paid the same tax in full?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:28:18 AM by Bob Pickle »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 02:38:15 PM »

Thanks for the information and analysis, Bob.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »

Guess this means you can go on vacation now, Bob?
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »

Does this mean that the Lawsuit against Joy & Pickle is officially over?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

Let's just say 3ABN v Joy has gone as far as it can go. Is the battle over? I rather doubt it. DLS just lives such an exciting life we cannot help but note there is much to get caught up on in the three years since October 2008 (Motion to Dismiss).

And we are certainly not done with Simpson...he has a career in defending private inurement and malfeasance and then hiding as much as he can. Something tells me we will be busy doing what we do best...disclosing corruption and enlightening the world what goes on in dark places.

Perhaps, Mr Gregory would like to enlighten us on what we have missed the past three years!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »

Sorry.  I have nothing to add.  If you have missed something, I am not aware of it.

I think that it is quite probable that the legal bills to fight you and Bob, regardless of who paid them and how much was actually paid, amounted to 1.5 to 2 million dollars.  That amount seems reasonable to me.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »

What about all the documents that are supposed to be returned?

Let's just say 3ABN v Joy has gone as far as it can go. Is the battle over? I rather doubt it. DLS just lives such an exciting life we cannot help but note there is much to get caught up on in the three years since October 2008 (Motion to Dismiss).

And we are certainly not done with Simpson...he has a career in defending private inurement and malfeasance and then hiding as much as he can. Something tells me we will be busy doing what we do best...disclosing corruption and enlightening the world what goes on in dark places.

Perhaps, Mr Gregory would like to enlighten us on what we have missed the past three years!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »

Returned to who, Daryl?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »

I highly doubt that Simpson is going to return the bank statements back to the bank like the judge ordered.

Non-litigants will need to return properly designated confidential documents to the attorney that gave them to them, since they signed an agreement that they would do so.

What about all the documents that are supposed to be returned?

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up