Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why some Adventist can't let go of 3ABN saga...?  (Read 34842 times)

Donna

Re: Why some Adventist can't let go of 3ABN saga...?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 03:00:35 AM »

In any event, I have already selected the sight and we will be inviting you to testify under oath. It is only 72 miles away and I am told right across from the US District Court. You will get your day in the sun, and by the way, we need all that evidence in advance so we can ask relevant questions regarding source and control.

It is so good that you have been so willing to tell us so much over the months...now you get to show us just what all that commentary is based on.

I have noticed that you and your group have had plenty to say this last year about "threats" from 3abn and "Danny can't sue everyone" and "how unchristian" yada yada.... Looks to me like you use threats against anyone that has a different view of this topic than you do.  You can't post an answer to anyone on the "other side" without throwing in your threat of calling them into court. You will look rather foolish trying to question someone who has no connection with 3abn and has done nothing but present facts.  Unlike your side who has defamed and slandered.  There is no comparison and your threats are foolish.

Again, quite an interesting statement! On the one hand you refer to a person who "has done nothing but present facts" and in the same breath you state it is "foolish trying to question" this person in court? Who do you question in court if not those who claim to know the facts? Are you expecting this court not to be serious?

How do you know that what Gailon says is slander? Were you there as a witness? It so happens that I was involved right from the beginning of this event, and I was an eye witness to some of the events.
[/quote]

I noticed the same thing, Johann. According to those defending 3ABN, if you did not actually see something, you cannot possibly know it happened or didn't, yet here "someone who has no connnections with 3ABN" is doing nothing but presenting facts. Interesting....
scratsmom
[/quote]

scratsmom,  what Sam stated above is true whether or not it makes sense to anyone here.

Johann

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 03:42:51 AM »

scratsmom,  what Sam stated above is true whether or not it makes sense to anyone here.
Does that mean that truth is what does not make sense? Was Paul off when he in Rom. 12:1 was talking abut what is "reasonable"?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 04:36:01 AM »

I apologise for not answering sooner, but my 48 hr hiatus was unexplainably doubled, and so I was physically unable to till now..

ADMIN HAT ON

Ian has made an untrue statement regarding her 48 hour ban which can be verified from the Forum Administrative Ban List which automatically tracks all bans.  Ian will need to be truthful in the future.  Her next ban, if indicated, will be for 7 days per the Forum Posting Ban Guidelines.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Now, Ian, do you pre-suppose that I buy into the premise that you never use the Donna name to post? If you pick up her laptop and sign on, would you not be posting as Donna?

Except that 1) I have no reason to do that and don't. 2.) The owner and administrator has already checked this out and questioned us and so has answers to that in private from both of us, and this issue was never raised publicly that I know of... 3.) there is no evidence to support such a claim, but as you say you don't buy or  accept answers to questions and choose to go with your own false theories, and false assumptions, and surmisings regardless of that. This to me is why you and Bob both  keep claiming 3ABN doesn't answer, you don't accept the answers and choose to believe differently...

One thing is sure, there is no reason to grab a shawl and your Mom and run...this is your moment to give us all that relevant, and irrelevant(if you wish), evidence. Now, just so we will know in advance, will it be "confidential" (See Confidentiality Order)?

Fact: I have never claimed to be a first person witness, nor to have evidence that 3ABN holds, that is their's to reveal in court. So you can keep believing I have it, and demanding and pleading I make it available till the cows come home but will not do any good.

Fact: Everything I have ever posted has either quoted or referred to what I am basing my opinions and conclusions on, or has cited documents and letters as the evidence. Most, except the PACER documents from the the very things you and Pickle have published first. If you still had questions, about what it was based on, or I didn't make it clear,  all you had to do was ask.

In any event, I have already selected the sight and we will be inviting you to testify under oath. It is only 72 miles away and I am told right across from the US District Court.

And why you think this is necessary is beyond me, but your money, time and expense..

You will get your day in the sun, and by the way, we need all that evidence in advance so we can ask relevant questions regarding source and control.

This seems backwards. Questions come first then answers and evidence...

It is so good that you have been so willing to tell us so much over the months...now you get to show us just what all that commentary is based on.

See above..

It seems absurd to me that you will depose me to ask what my words and posts were/are based on when you could have saved the time and money and asked that at any time here either by post or a pm-- for free..

And sorry, but how will any of this help you to defend yourself from accusations of defamation and trademark violations which are between you and 3ABN?

things that make us go hmmm...

I would suggest you stop issuing threats and work on your case, so far it looks like you are letting Pickle handle it all ( except for trying to get money from DS and 3ABN attys for your adversarial proceedings) as all the letters and dialog with the attorneys and documents filed on PACER have his name on them, and are submitted by him, while you just engage in rhetoric and the proverbial trash talk here on this forum which solves nothing imo.

MY opinion.

Based on what you ask?

well your endless and arrogant claims, insults, putdowns, chest thumping and threats right here on this forum, Gailon.

If you need examples of what I am talking about do not hesitate to ask, for it doesn't require a subpoena nor a deposition to get answers to reasonable questions. :D

Later..

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:53:27 PM by Artiste »

Donna

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:19 AM »

I would appreciate your not putting words in my mouth. I believe you know what I meant. I did not mean that truth is what does not make sense as you stated. Also if we refer to God's Word then we must be very careful how we use it. You might want to read all of chapter 12 to get the complete context of the message there for us.

scratsmom,  what Sam stated above is true whether or not it makes sense to anyone here.
Does that mean that truth is what does not make sense? Was Paul off when he in Rom. 12:1 was talking abut what is "reasonable"?

Johann

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 11:55:19 AM »

I would appreciate your not putting words in my mouth. I believe you know what I meant. I did not mean that truth is what does not make sense as you stated. Also if we refer to God's Word then we must be very careful how we use it. You might want to read all of chapter 12 to get the complete context of the message there for us.

Donna, you stated yourself that what Sam said was not making sense to us. So I asked you a question - I never put words in your moth - because I wanted to know what you mean. You still have not told me, just come with an ac . . . . Is this how you discover truth?

Habanero

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »

Back to the topic, why do some Adventists (and some non Adventists) not let go of the 3ABN saga?

I theorize that much of what is taking place in this 3ABN situation is in some ways analogous to matters that exist in the hearts and minds of some, only on a large and visible scale. Although it is very real, I think that can be (conciously or subconciously) perhaps a metaphorical war reflecting things that we know and struggle with.

Gains and losses can be vicariously felt even in such mundane things as sports. Some of us are fans of one basketball team or another. We get together with people who like the other team and argue ferociously. When one of "our" guys is fouled and the refs dont see it we are as angry as if it happened to us. When one of "our" guys sinks a three pointer from half court as the shot clock hits 00:01 we jump out of our couch screaming as chips and drinks fly across the room. Are we coming unglued because we know the guy who made the shot and are happy for him? No, he represents us. He is in that game vicariously for us. That was our shot.

I suppose that a win for one side or the other will generate thousands of personal wins in the hearts and minds of people who are not party to this case at all.

I think there are many reasons for not being able to let go of this saga and that is just one of them.

Habanero

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »

Its good to know that someones walking the beat when Torquemada is on the prowl.

It sure is good to see Barney Fife alive and well again.

Maxey

Donna

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:00 AM »

Donna, you stated yourself that what Sam said was not making sense to us. So I asked you a question - I never put words in your moth - because I wanted to know what you mean. You still have not told me, just come with an ac . . . . Is this how you discover truth?

What I said was "what Sam stated above is true whether or not it makes sense to anyone here". I did not say, as you stated, "that what Sam said was not making sense to us." Looking back I should have just said, what Sam stated above is true. Would that have helped you understand what I meant? 

Johann, I am not into mind games where individuals try to trap others by what they say or how they say or use their words. I am not into lying and deceit. I am not into laughing or jeering when another or others are found in error. I am not into making a joke or taunting at another's expense. I am not into breaking the rules anywhere or at anytime. I make mistakes, yes, but when I realize it or it is pointed out to me, I try to set it right.

I believe one of the main problems, outside of who we allow to influence us, either our Lord Jesus Christ, Satan or our own lusts, is that none of us know each other well enough to judge each others intent and motive. If we claim to be a Christian then our fruits will show whether that is true or not.

One of the things I am into is truth because I believe what our Lord told us, "The truth will set us free." How I discover truth is to pray and seek the Lord's guidance, study everything presented, in any situation, with an open mind and check to see whether what is presented and the presenter is in accordance with God's Word.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 03:23:22 AM »

If English is not one's mother tongue, some slack should be cut.

reddogs

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »

The thing is IAN, that Satan has found a weak point and uses it to divide Adventist, and they are sucked into this abyss of hate and fighting with no awareness of how they are being used for evil and its purpose. This is one of his most successful strategies, as I have seen churches divided on some issue which while of consequence does not matter in the long and short of things in the body of Christ, the church and His chosen people.

The news out of 3ABN seems so familiar, it kind of reminds me of Jim and Tammy Faye Baker and their Praise the Lord minitries. Yes that Jim Baker, American televangelist, a former Assemblies of God minister, and a former host (with his then-wife Tammy Faye Bakker) of The PTL Club, a popular evangelical Christian television program. A sex scandal led to his resignation from the ministry. Subsequent revelations of accounting fraud brought about his imprisonment and divorce and effectively ended his time in the larger public eye. My aunt watched and loved them and stood by them no matter what, she would not allow that anything they did could possibly be illegal or that Jim could betray Tammy Faye in any way. Then you have Jimmy Swaggart, tremoundous speaker, oh he was the best preacher this side of the Mississippi and no one could say anything bad about him in my aunts house, until his downfall, again with adultery. Then there was Oral Roberts, a neo-Pentecostal televangelist who started out as a traveling faith healer. He was also a leader in the charismatic movement and a powerful orator. My grandmother never missed a show, until he threathened to go up in his tower at the University and  announced to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would "call him home" (a euphemism for death)....it was all too much to believe....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bakker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Swaggart

They became like a god to many people who followed their every word and declaration, more important than anything else in their lives, and they couldnt let them go no matter what they did or said, and these are good Christians that were watching the shows or sending in donations and going to their crusades and big events. Are Adventist doing the same thing with 3ABN and Danny and Linda, I wonder.........

Like I said, my Aunt and Granny would never let anyone say that their favorite televangelist was in error or had committed any sin, till they were taken out in handcuffs or in shame...

It looks like for some Adventist, thats what it will take for them to see what televangelist gods they have put before themselves who are just humans, with all the frailties that come with it.......

None is perfect, no not one, except Christ, and I have heard no one proclaiming any at 3ABN are perfect or sinless, or that they are gods....

To compare people here to your Granny and Aunt would of course be assuming that the accused in this case are in fact in error or sin and those defending them are blind and do not bother to diligently seek out the truth and facts in the situations for themselves.

The other side of the coin is those who served God and have always been attacked, and falsely accused. The bible is full of examples of such. Satan is angry and he is at war with the remnant of her(the churches) seed. Those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus, which is the spirit of prophecy.. Rev 12, 14 and 19:10 are key texts when it comes to our Adventist faith and what is at the root of Controversy...
They also reveal who is the accuser of the brethren and from the beginning in Genensis God said their would be emnity between his seed and her seed...

I personally see those at 3ABN as being up on the wall and sounding the alarm, and being repairers of the breach as we are called to do, and yet they are under constant attack and criticism by most here. I defend them where I can so they can keep doing that good work.

I always feel sorry for Nehemiah when I read how he had to build the wall with a sword in one hand and how he kept having to come down off the wall to deal with problems, Ellen white uses that as an example and says to not allow ourselves to be distracted from the work like this, and to let others help where they can. Right or wrong I figure I am helping in a small way to allow 3abn to continue with their mission and not be overwhelmed or distracted by their enemies.

Jesus is coming again, the world needs to know how soon and how to be prepared.

My 2 cents..

Late edit: corrected identified typos and added clarification to prevent confusion as much as is possible. :)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 07:16:23 AM »

On the nose reddogs  :amen:

The thing is IAN, that Satan has found a weak point and uses it to divide Adventist, and they are sucked into this abyss of hate and fighting with no awareness of how they are being used for evil and its purpose. This is one of his most successful strategies, as I have seen churches divided on some issue which while of consequence does not matter in the long and short of things in the body of Christ, the church and His chosen people.

"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

reddogs

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »

Back to the topic, why do some Adventists (and some non Adventists) not let go of the 3ABN saga?

I theorize that much of what is taking place in this 3ABN situation is in some ways analogous to matters that exist in the hearts and minds of some, only on a large and visible scale. Although it is very real, I think that can be (conciously or subconciously) perhaps a metaphorical war reflecting things that we know and struggle with.

Gains and losses can be vicariously felt even in such mundane things as sports. Some of us are fans of one basketball team or another. We get together with people who like the other team and argue ferociously. When one of "our" guys is fouled and the refs dont see it we are as angry as if it happened to us. When one of "our" guys sinks a three pointer from half court as the shot clock hits 00:01 we jump out of our couch screaming as chips and drinks fly across the room. Are we coming unglued because we know the guy who made the shot and are happy for him? No, he represents us. He is in that game vicariously for us. That was our shot.

I suppose that a win for one side or the other will generate thousands of personal wins in the hearts and minds of people who are not party to this case at all.

I think there are many reasons for not being able to let go of this saga and that is just one of them.

Its just a game that evil has snared many Adventist with, and it forces them to take sides and then decide who is up Danny or Linda, how many points did they score with their lawyers this week, or in the latest round, and was it a slam dunk or a rim shot, did they follow up and make sure it went in or was the defense too strong and scooped it off the glass............Is it Danny up by 3 or is Linda about to be eliminated in this round.........is there another news flash on the saga...........whose got the latest score........are there some bigger players that can come in on Danny/Linda's side and rack up the score... :hot:

Its a never ending saga to distract good Christians from their true purpose...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:40:30 AM by reddogs »

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 08:33:53 AM »

Its just a game that evil has snared many Adventist with, and it forces them to take sides and then decide who is up Danny or Linda, how many points did they score with their lawyers this weak, was it a slam dunk or a rim shot, did they follow up and make sure it went in or was the defense too strong and scooped it off the glass............Is it Danny up by 3 or is Linda about to be eliminated in this round.........is there another news flash on the saga...........whose got the latest score........can we get bigger players to come in on Danny/Linda's side and rack up the score... :hot:

Its a never ending saga to distract good Christians from their true purpose...

The way I see it, it's not directly about Linda and Danny at all. The public see's that part of it, they see what they are suppose to see. They will only see more if more is revealed, or is they search for more, and their searching may start with the "saga" of this sad divorce, but it will lead them to see more, and there is much to be learned.
I think in a way, if you only look at the divorce alone, you will not see enough. Why do you think Danny appeared to want only the issues between he and Linda to go before some ASI handlers?
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »

If 3ABN is not a Shelton family business, why was it the 3ABN Board that requested ASI to look into Danny's divorce and remarriage?

Why didn't only Danny request it, and leave the Board out of the picture entirely?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »

If 3ABN is not a Shelton family business, why was it the 3ABN Board that requested ASI to look into Danny's divorce and remarriage?

Why didn't only Danny request it, and leave the Board out of the picture entirely?

Good point, Bob!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up