Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the embargo be lifted?  (Read 25075 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Will the embargo be lifted?
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »

There has been talk in the past in regard to what some would call an embargo that has prohibited certain denominational officers and employeees from being seen on 3-ABN television programs.  Without arguing whether or not such an embargo has issued the question now is:  With the clearance of 3-ABN by the IRS will any such embargo be lifted?

I predict that within the next 12 months an increasing number of General Conference officers and employees will be seen on 3-ABN television.  ANy such embargo, I suggest has been lifted by the clearance of 3-ABN by the IRS.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Will the embargo be lifted?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »

Has 3ABN been cleared by the IRS?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »

I think I missed the proof of "IRS clearance".  A disappearing letter from a lawyer just doesn't cut it for me.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »

I haven't heard it is over either.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

Thus far Duffy has not written any letters exonerating Danny regarding his divorce, or Tommy regarding all his alleged victims, or any of the other things.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »

I see that no one has challenged me on my prediction.     

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »

I am quite sure they will kiss and makeup :thumbsup:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »

Maybe not, but several have challenged the basis of your prediction.  Why bother to challenge the walls when the foundation is in question?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »

Agreed, Snoopy, the critical pincipal of the prediction has been challenged. 
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Ozzie

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »

If so, I haven't seen any evidence.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

irspro

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »

My experience with IRS covers classification, examination, group management, review, appeals, tax courts, district court in "all" the major for profits and a few of the varied "not for profits"  Clear proof of final settlement of a tax examination is only through a reviewed report signed by an internal revenue agent and a letter over the signature of a District Director of Internal Revenue.  Official proof is not by a letter outside the IRS so if you care to believe otherwise, go for it and be only thought a fool before you open your mouth

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 06:04:24 AM »

If so, I haven't seen any evidence.

You may personally never see the evidence.  But, within the next 12 months you will see as I have predicted.

irspro

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 07:42:51 AM »

I only relied on solid proof for more than 50 years on tax matters without the aid of either a oujia board or crystal ball?

With that type of communication, I would see no need for 100,000 pages of copied documents needing to be returned on a criminally referred no-change case.  I would humbly suggest holding same by the examiners as these threads are subject to being referred to the Inspection Service of the IRS which is not under the direction of the local District Director of Internal Revenue Service.  If you are the informant in this matter, you may be of further service to the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Washington, DC.

This is not a threat, a mere promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »

There has been talk in the past in regard to what some would call an embargo that has prohibited certain denominational officers and employeees from being seen on 3-ABN television programs.  Without arguing whether or not such an embargo has issued the question now is:  With the clearance of 3-ABN by the IRS will any such embargo be lifted?

I predict that within the next 12 months an increasing number of General Conference officers and employees will be seen on 3-ABN television.  ANy such embargo, I suggest has been lifted by the clearance of 3-ABN by the IRS.

If some leaders in our GC or whoever they are, have decided it won't look so bad to appear on 3abn now (for whatever reason they come up with) that is going to be their problem. And, it will be a problem. I think time will tell and spell what benefits they expect from that maneuver, what ever their reasons may be.

I personally quit going by words, looks and appearances a long time ago, like most of the church members I know. Means nothing to me, and it really means nothing to most sda's anymore either. Let them play those games with the people it matters too.

Good thing God is in charge in spite of mans games. That's all that matters to me.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »

I will be happy to challenge you:

1) There has never been an EMBARGO: Some Officers of the General Conference have elected to not attend events at 3ABN or to decline invitations, but that is more directly related to the 2005 General Conference Session and some "political" shenanigans that went on that directly involved 3ABN, Danny Lee Shelton, Garwin McNeilus and a few others. Only one officer has indicated that as a result of events in 2004 he has elected to not accept further invitations. The point is there has never been a formal statement made by General conference or by fall or spring counsels at any level.

2) The issues that concerned General Conference Offcials was directly related to Danny Lee Shelton and if he is "contained" then it is likely you will see more and more officers of Conferences, Unions, Divisions and even the General Conference as the perception that governance is under control. However, if we see a predicted re-emergence of Danny Lee Shelton then I predict the opposite to be true.

3) Information I have coming from various officers, no-one at those levels has been duped into believing 3ABN has been Exonerated and Danny Lee Shelton have been exonerated. Too many knew of the issues and the allegations and too many had spoken to many, many others, 3ABN directors and others, that admitted there were potential issues.

4) Now, lets look at the future and realize that we now have a former conference treasurer as the new CFO and we have a retired NAD president as the president of 3ABN and there will be a steady flow of hires that have roots in the regular lines that should bring regularity and accountability. Therefore, the future looks bright and the directors have only one remaining hot potatoe to work out and that relates to Governance and its Succession. If the directorate revolts against some form of affiliation that brings a constituency and accountability then we will see continued strife. If they indeed adopt an affiliation that includes a constituency and a constitution that evaporates the current "privately held" status but instead brings a directorate that has real "oversight" powers then we will have a normal supporting ministry relationship.

Point is, the premise that the relationship with the GC has much to do with the financial allegations or the lawsiuit and whether anyone has been exonerated is a fabulous fabrication. THe issues with the GC predate even the 2005 GC and in fact really run the entire history from inception. They have not been blind to what goes on in Thompsonville and looked carefully at the 3ABN concept as it was being developed, including having had access to a report from an ASI president back then that I am told gave a pretty good background and personality profile. Then there was the BJ Christiansen report and on we could go for the twenty plus years with reports coming from various assets that have provided a view from the iside as well as the outside.

I would note that It IS Written still broadcasts, as does Amazing Facts and a handful of other GC affiliated ministries. Any official Embargo would most certainly have included IT IS WRITTEN.

That is the view from the bunker.

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:00:00 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up