Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the embargo be lifted?  (Read 25085 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Will the embargo be lifted?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

Why did Gregory suggest there was an embargo?  That is a rather official-sounding word to use.

When the GC was queried on this matter last year when the alleged communication with the Pacific Union Divison came to light, the PR rep said in an e-mail that there was no change in status of the 3ABN ministry with the GC.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

Why did Gregory suggest there was an embargo?  That is a rather official-sounding word to use.

When the GC was queried on this matter last year when the alleged communication with the Pacific Union Divison came to light, the PR rep said in an e-mail that there was no change in status of the 3ABN ministry with the GC.

My comment was intended to comment on a popular belief among some that there has been what I decided to call an embargo.  I thought it was a nice one-word summation of what was believed to have happened.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:42:14 PM by Gregory »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »

The thread title leaves the impression that an "embargo" was fact.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

The thread title leaves the impression that an "embargo" was fact.

The flurry of activity a little over a year ago was a roller coaster of declarations and restatements.  I am not sure we ever were able to determine what the final status of the GC towards 3abn was.  I think there might still be the impression that  there was an embargo against GC participation at 3abn. 

To help clarify, if at all possible, I ran over to BlackSDA.com's 3abn thread to pull out whatever related material I could find and am posting it here for review:

Posted on June 4, 2007 by SSOM:

I just received this email.

"-------Original Message-------

Date: 06/01/07 00:07:37
Subject: Updates from SPD Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committees

Greetings

Just a quick update on the recent meetings I attended.

Division Administrators -

Update on 3ABN (bold emphasis mine)
The General Conference has suspended 3ABN Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution.

(edited rest of content in email not relating to this item)
Kind regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
President - Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victoria)
"

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 4 2007, 09:39 AM

Posted on June 5, 2007 by Watchbird:
Getting back to the opening post and questions of verification.....
QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 4 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]198231[/snapback]

A number of us have been told that there is something along this line going on. But, we have not said anything because we were not able to verify it.

One question in my mind is: Is this an action of the General Conference, or of the South Pacific Division?

The bottom line is that now that this comment has been published, I can go back to people, ask for verification or comment, and tell them that I will publish thier comment.

I intend to seek comment from more than one source. I will keep you informed.

On a technicality: An action by a Division is an action by the General Conference for that Division. As organized, Divisions are sections of the General Conference, and are not seperate from the General Conference, as are Unions.
I have now seen emails from persons of rank in various levels in the South Pacific Division which confirm the authenticity and legitimacy of the letter posted here. I do not have permission to give their names or to directly quote their letters, but I will say that they are from church leaders in that area, and do make it clear that the directive comes from the GC, with the action being taken by the Division.

I also have word from within the NAD that the same directive and action is being taken in NAD, and this is in process of being communicated to all Conference levels in the NAD, who will then communicate with their pastors. This has been further clarified as having to do with programming... that is to say that church leaders are now banned from doing any new appearances or programming on 3abn or in their studios. It does not extend to re-runs of previously made programming. It will eventually reach down to include other church employees such as pastors.

And no... I cannot reveal the source of my information.

And btw... I cannot identify with those who are reporting such "mixed emotions" over this action. I have identified much too strongly with the victims... and those who live in fear of becoming victimized... I have for too long prayed the prayer of the "souls under the altar", "How long, O Lord, How long?!" to have any emotions over these recent actions other than a fervent, "Thank God

Posted on June 6, 2007 by Whtz Happenin:/url]
This was included in the ATNewsbreak that just arrived tonight via email.

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
By Ervin Taylor, AToday.com (05 June 2007).
A report dated June 1, 2007 from the South Pacific Division Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committee contained the following statement "The General Conference has suspended 3ABN's [Three Angels Broadcasting Network] Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution." The report in which these statements were contained was signed by Dr. Denis Hankinson, President of the Victorian Conference in the Australian Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

A request for additional information from the General Conference of SDA resulted in the following statement communicated to Adventist Today by John Torres, Media Relations Coordinator, Communications Department: "There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists." The statement also stated that Rajmund Dabrowski, General Conference Communications Director, should be contacted for further information.

Requests for additional information and details concerning this reported suspension were made by e-mail to Dr. Hankinson, Danny Shelton, current president of 3ABN and Dr. Walter Thompson, chairman of the 3ABN Board of Directors.

Dr. Thompson responded to the Adventist Today request for comment by stating that "If the statement [from the South Pacific Division] is true, we [at 3ABN] have had no such communication."

Now that clears everything up

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Jun 6 2007, 07:49 PM

Posted on June 6, 2007 by Observer:
Gentlepeople:

I have recieved the following comment in regard to the published statement by Elder Hankinson in reference to a suspension of "supporting ministry" status of 3-ABN:

Dear Brother Gregory

Sorry for a delay. I arrived Tuesday night in Moscow and am answering the eMails now.

In response - all I can say is that there has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

In my question to Elder Dabrowski, I informed him that I would publish his response to me, exactly as he responded, without editorial revision. In keeping with my statement to him, I am posting his entire respose to me exactly as he sent it.

The question may now be asked as to how his response is consistent with the response made to me by an individual who previously responded to me, and requested that he not be identified. My answer to that is that I do not believe that they are inconsitent to any great degree.

My advice to all is as I have stated earlier: This situation is developing. No one can predict with certainty exactlly how it will develop. Therefore, we must simply wait and see.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

Posted on June 7, 2008 by Observer:

This afternoon I recieved a second message from Elder Dabrowski. As I had informed him that I would publish his response to me, exactly as he sent it, and without editorial revision, I so post it here, in full, exactly as I have recieved it.

Dear Brother Matthews

Thank you for your enquiry which I received while traveling in another part of the world. I am still on the road. In reference to your communication, and a comment you are quoting from the Internet chat forums, may I share with you the following:

The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has received a number of inquiries into the status of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) as a supporting ministry of the Church. There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN, the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production. This approach does not reflect that the General Conference is taking any particular position in issues which are under the purview of the Board of Directors of 3ABN, which is an independent supporting ministry. The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

Posted on August 4, 2008 by Watchbird:

Following the announcement about the AF - 3ABN merger being "off", which we have already seen, Adventist Today On-line has this statement from the North New Zealand Conference. Once again a South Pacific Division Conference has given us the first look at a new phase of action regarding 3ABN. Our thanks to the New Zealand Conference.

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
Posted August 3rd, 2007 by Linda Greer
in Latest Stories

North New Zealand Conference Says that the General Conference has taken action that the SDA Denomination Will No Longer Accept Donations Received For 3ABN
Ervin Taylor, August 3, 2007

Adventist Today has received a copy of the North New Zealand Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, The Bulletin, dated 4 August 2007.

Under a heading of “Important Notice” and “3ABN,” there is this statement:

“[F]ollowing advice received from the South Pacific Division and the General Conference we wish to share the following information with members regarding 3ABN.

3ABN is a privately owned and operated company.

3ABN is not denominationally owned, controlled or operated.

3ABN is not registered by the denomination as a supporting ministry.

Serious legal allegations have been made involving the 3ABN organization which have yet to be resolved.

The General Conference and the South Pacific Division has therefore taken action that the denomination will no longer process and/or accept donations received for 3ABN. Therefore any funds received at the local church after 31st August 2007 . . . must be returned to the donor, and any funds received at the conference office after 20th September will be returned to the source from which they were received.”

In an effort to clarify the statement that “3ABN is not registered by the denomination as a supporting ministry,” Adventist Today contacted Rajmund Dabrowski, General Conference Communication Director by email. Mr. Dabrowski quickly replied to the Adventist Today inquiry. He stated: “I am not aware of any list of supporting ministries that are registered with the General Conference or North-American Division. The closest to such a potential listing is the ASI membership roster which by its nature requires that to join indicates an organization to be supportive of the church. We understand that 3ABN is a current member of ASI. As stated previously, there has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.”

Also once again there seems to be the same different use of "registered by the denomination as a supporting ministry" that we saw in a previous letter from an Australian Conference official. What is interesting to me is that this seems to be the only point that Dabrowski challenged from the New Zealand publication, The Bulletin, for it hardly seems possible that this would be the only part of the statement upon which Adventist Today would have queried Dabrowski.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Aug 4 2007, 12:45 AM

Now any interested parties may review and come to their own conclusions.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 07:40:43 PM »

GN: There is a pretty clear reason for some people saying that there had been an embargo.  YEs, people can argue that pont, so let all make theri one decision.

In any case, over the next 12 months more GC personnel will be seen on 3-ABN./

I predict that.

GM

Habanero

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »

GM
I agree. 3ABN has an enormous audience to which they can speak, much bigger than their own. Also, IMO, Jim Gilley's position there makes it more palatable.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »

GN: There is a pretty clear reason for some people saying that there had been an embargo.  YEs, people can argue that pont, so let all make theri one decision.

I predict that.

GM

GM, yes, I agree.  The words of Rajmund Dabrowski posted by you on June 7, 2007 are quite clear:

"Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN, the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production."

I also agree with you that calling the GC position an embargo is consistant with this statement.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »

GN: There is a pretty clear reason for some people saying that there had been an embargo.  Yes, people can argue that point, so let all make their one decision.

In any case, over the next 12 months more GC personnel will be seen on 3-ABN.

I predict that.

GM

Dear MG Prophet;

Your alleged prophecy is a bit late.  You really need to watch more 3ABN before you make such alleged prophecies spoken with such great authority!  Your alleged prophecy has all ready been fulfilled!  This must have happened while you were alleged working on your alleged embargo personal statement, because more from the GC have already alleged been on 3ABN. 

The alleged GC “up-yuk-mucks” like Jim Gilley.  He is allegedly one of them! 

Supposedly, “some think”  his “coming” allegedly erased all the alleged adultery, alleged financial dealings, the alleged house gain that was made legal, alleged $20,000 horses coming and going, and alleged pedophiles were dismissed as if nothing happened. .  My goodness, allegedly even the IRS is supposedly singing praises to Danny Shelton and 3ABN, however, those that should also be hearing, have not heard. (?).  Maybe we should all stand and sing the doxology!

Are we saying that no one cares that a member of the Shelton family allegedly was selling 3ABN items on their personal eBay store and Tammy Shelton was getting the money?   That is not right!  The proceeds from those sales belonged to 3ABN, the alleged ministry. 

Yeah, I hear you saying it all ready, “There goes Fran again.  She never allegedly knows when to shut up!  Her alleged low class, street talk makes her allegedly look really stupid.  She is destroying her alleged credibility!”

Well, I will grant you those thoughts, because what you allegedly think of me is not important at all.  I have no alleged credibility or alleged authority.  I don’t come bearing alleged prophecies or alleged statements of authority using my alleged “collar” as my alleged “clout”.  I have no alleged influence to protect.  I am just an alleged realist.

The alleged ”embargo” was a failure.  In fact, the church has alleged failed.  Their alleged “no action” was alleged “action” in reality.  We can plainly see who alleged controls who and what!

What ASI Missions alleged wants is for 3ABN to be there for the ministries that are part of the alleged ASI Missions Inc.

Just this last weekend they had the “GC” and Maranatha alleged working hand in hand for alleged Adventist Missions.

Don’t take me wrong, Maranatha does a great work.  However, who is actually in control?  Who really makes the decisions?

I don’t believe the GC is allegedly in control.  Maybe I am all wrong and you "are" allegedly in control?

Habanero

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »

Well Alleged Fran,

The allegations that you allegedly alleged that the rumored allegations were allegedly nothing but allegations coincided with the alleged Pickle who came out of his allegation of a bottle in response to the allegedly named Jack in the alleged box, allegedly provjng that allegations alleged that you had an allegation alleged to be a stawberry malt.

Phewwww ;)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 10:12:51 PM »

You've outdone yourself, Fran!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »

I don’t believe the GC is allegedly in control. 

Are you implying that ASI is in control?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »

:ROFL:     Aaahhh Fran - it is GOOD to see you here!!        :pals:

Dear MG Prophet;

Your alleged prophecy is a bit late.  You really need to watch more 3ABN before you make such alleged prophecies spoken with such great authority!  Your alleged prophecy has all ready been fulfilled!  This must have happened while you were alleged working on your alleged embargo personal statement, because more from the GC have already alleged been on 3ABN. 

The alleged GC “up-yuk-mucks” like Jim Gilley.  He is allegedly one of them! 

Supposedly, “some think”  his “coming” allegedly erased all the alleged adultery, alleged financial dealings, the alleged house gain that was made legal, alleged $20,000 horses coming and going, and alleged pedophiles were dismissed as if nothing happened. .  My goodness, allegedly even the IRS is supposedly singing praises to Danny Shelton and 3ABN, however, those that should also be hearing, have not heard. (?).  Maybe we should all stand and sing the doxology!

Are we saying that no one cares that a member of the Shelton family allegedly was selling 3ABN items on their personal eBay store and Tammy Shelton was getting the money?   That is not right!  The proceeds from those sales belonged to 3ABN, the alleged ministry. 

Yeah, I hear you saying it all ready, “There goes Fran again.  She never allegedly knows when to shut up!  Her alleged low class, street talk makes her allegedly look really stupid.  She is destroying her alleged credibility!”

Well, I will grant you those thoughts, because what you allegedly think of me is not important at all.  I have no alleged credibility or alleged authority.  I don’t come bearing alleged prophecies or alleged statements of authority using my alleged “collar” as my alleged “clout”.  I have no alleged influence to protect.  I am just an alleged realist.

The alleged ”embargo” was a failure.  In fact, the church has alleged failed.  Their alleged “no action” was alleged “action” in reality.  We can plainly see who alleged controls who and what!

What ASI Missions alleged wants is for 3ABN to be there for the ministries that are part of the alleged ASI Missions Inc.

Just this last weekend they had the “GC” and Maranatha alleged working hand in hand for alleged Adventist Missions.

Don’t take me wrong, Maranatha does a great work.  However, who is actually in control?  Who really makes the decisions?

I don’t believe the GC is allegedly in control.  Maybe I am all wrong and you "are" allegedly in control?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 11:26:55 PM »

Naw!  My street talk would say that ASI is nothing but an alleged "FRONT" for ASI Missions!  You know, everyone needs an umbrella of alleged security.  Who allegedly controls ASI Missions?  Who allegedly controls 3ABN?  He does very good work.  He is allegedly a force to be contended with.  If he is the one that got Danny off the screen and totally gone from 3ABN, I would say he is a very good man for that alone.  

This person uses his manufacturing plant to prefab metal roofs for building a church in a day.  The materials are sent and the building is put together.  Then a team comes in and attaches the roof in one day. 1 day churches. This speeds the time it takes to build churches.  It makes me sit up and wonder why this synergy was not delivered a long time ago!  Maybe the manufacturing plant had to be built just for these productions.  That takes time.

This is the greatest idea anyone has had in a long long time.  The labor for the prefabs is covered by this man, Maranatha, and the GC (I hope).  He makes sure the production is correct and works hand in hand with the GC to pick and choose who gets what when.  

Hopefully this is done with excess capacity.  However, I believe this person really believes in missions and people.  I just personally believe he made a very bad mistake in believing in Danny Shelton.

In reality, I do not believe Jim and this person want this lawsuit.  It makes them look really bad.  Surely by now they know what has been happening?  At least I hope that is the case!

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 11:48:11 PM »

Is it possible that ASI Missions controls ASI and the GC?  What about 3ABN?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 12:02:21 AM »

I seriously don't believe that is what the fine print says, but I believe there is more to that statement that what is written!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up