Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you spend your Thanksgiving Holiday?  (Read 4903 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
How did you spend your Thanksgiving Holiday?
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to see upon my return to AT this morning to see no posts since Thanksgiving Day. 

I spent mine with my family.  My brother and wife came out from Boston. 

We had a bit of a scare, as my Pop was taken to emergency after passing out while carving the turkey(He is 95 but you wouldn't know it).  It was determined that he had pneumonia.  they kept him overnight and released to the loving care of his wife(my Mom).  He is resting and recovering nicely at home.  So, we had a reminder of what things we are truly thankful for, and while we have this special daywe need to be thankful to God for every minute of everyday we have on this earth, especially with our loved ones.

We had our tradidtional menu:

Turkey, roast, cornbread dressing, greens(yours truly), cornbread, yams, potato salad(yours turly), cranberry sauce, and a traditional vegetarian family favorite, tamalie pie(by yours truly   ;D ), more desserts than I can name, but they included my Grandmother's recipe for tea cakes and a favorite called Chocolate Delight.

It was a great time with family, including my 5 year old nephew who said that he hadn't had Thanksgiving dinner until he had some turkey.  LOL!!

What did you do?  Share some of your family traiditons and your menu for the day.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

Re: How did you spend your Thanksgiving Holiday?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »

I spent the day with my son and new daughter in Law and her parents. My husband and my were also there. We had turkey, bread stuffing,sweet potato casserole,green bean casserole,mashed potatoes,rolls,pumkin pie,apple pie and cherry cheesecake.  It was a nice day.  I did miss the turkey leftovers :ROFL:

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »

Right?  When it is not at your house, you have to rmember to take some home....if possible.  We had so much more than we all could eat that day, so we had a couple days of leftovers........even better!!!

I spent the day with my son and new daughter in Law and her parents. My husband and my were also there. We had turkey, bread stuffing,sweet potato casserole,green bean casserole,mashed potatoes,rolls,pumkin pie,apple pie and cherry cheesecake.  It was a nice day.  I did miss the turkey leftovers :ROFL:
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:50:57 AM »

Delighted to read this report. When we share such things with each others they give us a glimpse of the soul and humanity we share regardless of nationality.

I cannot share with you any Thanksgiving specials at our place because what is Thanksgiving in America is just a regular workday in Europe. Then we do have several holidays that just regular working days with us.

But I did have my Thanksgiving special having such a nice talk mith my son as he was going on his first vacation for a long time - with his love at the wheel going to her childhood home at Disneyland. Thankful for cell phone connections accross the ocean with free unlimited time.

I was pleasantly surprised to see upon my return to AT this morning to see no posts since Thanksgiving Day. 

I spent mine with my family.  My brother and wife came out from Boston. 

We had a bit of a scare, as my Pop was taken to emergency after passing out while carving the turkey(He is 95 but you wouldn't know it).  It was determined that he had pneumonia.  they kept him overnight and released to the loving care of his wife(my Mom).  He is resting and recovering nicely at home.  So, we had a reminder of what things we are truly thankful for, and while we have this special daywe need to be thankful to God for every minute of everyday we have on this earth, especially with our loved ones.

We had our tradidtional menu:

Turkey, roast, cornbread dressing, greens(yours truly), cornbread, yams, potato salad(yours turly), cranberry sauce, and a traditional vegetarian family favorite, tamalie pie(by yours truly   ;D ), more desserts than I can name, but they included my Grandmother's recipe for tea cakes and a favorite called Chocolate Delight.

It was a great time with family, including my 5 year old nephew who said that he hadn't had Thanksgiving dinner until he had some turkey.  LOL!!

What did you do?  Share some of your family traiditons and your menu for the day.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »

I LOVE Disneyland...been about 40 times in my lifetime!  Wow! Your son's Love is a lucky woman, he is very handsome.     ;D

Johann, that was my purpose for starting this thread.  I believe we need a dose of "humanity".  With the topics which are so contenuous, it is so easy to "reply" to a "post" and not a person or to make the person to whom we are replying a personification of the issue at being discussed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up