Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Religious Liberty / Freedom of Religion  (Read 8363 times)

Johann

Re: Religious Liberty / Freedom of Religion
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

A Muslim girl attending a cooking school in Denmark was asked to taste a dish in connection with a test. I understand she was supposed to indicate how the taste could be improved.

When the girl discovered there was pork in that dish she refused to taste it. She was told she did not have to eat it, just taste it, and yet she declined. As a result he girl left the school.

Now this school has been sentenced to pay the girl about $12,000 for discrimination.

WOuld that happen in the USA?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

It might.........but you know I would assume that in attending a school of culinary arts, one might be expected to cook and taste(because you have to taste all dishes you prepare) every dish prepared.  I would think it was a baisc requirement......
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »

When one places themselves in a position in which they are certain that they will face a matter that is of religious taboo to them, they have crossed from civil and religious liberty issues to engagement in religious bullying for the purpose of drawing out and starting a fight with others, a fight from which they hope to make gains for themselves, and achieve humiliation and loss for the other.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »

I 100% agree! 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up