Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton - New Life  (Read 24151 times)

Johann

Linda Shelton - New Life
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:10:23 AM »

Message from Linda Shelton

What's new in my life? I just completed a 4 page brochure that Esperanza (the Spanish Television Channel for the Seventh Day Adventist Church) will be using for promotions this summer. Through this venture, I have the privilege of speaking to a lot of Spanish folks because the brochure will be printed in Spanish, as well as English. It is a big WOW that is happening in Esperanza. It is the BIG THING in the SDA Church right now! Nearly 50% of the baptisms happening are with Hispanic people! This people group is ripe for the HARVEST right now. I certainly hope you will consider supporting them!! I may be seeing you at a SDA Camp-meeting this summer as well as I have been asked to represent Esperanza in these pubic arenas too.

Recently the North American Division of Seventh Day Adventists paid to fly me to Silver Springs, Maryland to the General Conference headquarters. (It is an awesome experience everytime I am there!) I met with Elder Jackson, the North American Division President as well as a GC Vice-President. It was an informative meeting for me and them. Although I was not seeking it, I was endowed with NAD Approval as a result of this meeting. This means that the NAD not only recognizes me as a SDA member in good standing, it also means that they recommend and endorse me for ministry within the SDA Church. This is a highly valued recommendation, and it is not given to many people. It's a God-thing!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to great things happening this year, and I hope you are too. At the end of a big season of trials, "Joy comes in the morning!"

Many blessings to you and yours, Linda

Johann

Re: Linda Shelton - New Life
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:17:21 AM »

Mindy Turner good things happen to those who wait...Great thing happen to those who wait with the Lord Praise Be To God

Jason Flower I'm so happy you've been accepted to this new position. You are a blessing to me and my family. Are you going to be at Michigan camp meeting? May God continue to use you is my prayer.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »

Congratulations, LInda.  Blessings on you.

christined

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

I am so happy to see Linda recognized for letting God lead in her life.  I know that there are many of us who are glad to see Linda openly letting her light shine again. :purr:

Johann

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »

Good morning!

I have been reading the life story of Gladys Aylwrd.  It is one book in a series called Heroes f the Faith." Gladys was a missionary from England who did a great work in China beginning in the 1930's.  On page 132 the Mandarin (leader in the region) was speaking to her and said "Communism is far too barren to be called a philosophy, it says that 'if the end is good, any means to attain that end is justified."

So is that what they call it??

Have a BLESSED day!  Linda

Johann

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »

Just to remind you that Linda has a brand new web page at

www.lindashelton.org/

New devotionals and much more

Johann

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:48:02 AM »

Just a little secret. I have discovered that Linda wants to be present when she becomes a grandmother in a couple of weeks or so. Pray that all may go well with mother and baby too.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »

Happy to hear the great news about Linda Shelton.

mfc10

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »

I saw the news about Linda on FaceBook, and asked her if I could share the news on here, but I didn't hear back from her, so I'm glad this found its way here. Good news!

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »

I'm happy for Linda's ministry to people and the blessing of recovery for her as long as she is not seeking "woman's credentials in the women's movement". I'm sure she has the ability or gift without "credentials" as I enjoyed her before more then the rest as she shared her thoughts and opinions for more picturesque views that really catch my attention. (simple and plain) Or will the church use this opportunity to "persuade change". somehow I do not think she will go there--hopefully.

Must be Interesting what Danny might be thinking about this now as the church uses her "gift" ? (smile).  Her gift is much needed for the right reasons. Her music is also melodious and not drama.

Barrington

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »

Linda, I am so happy for you.  Great in the name of the Lord.  No one can keep down a good person.  I always believed in you.  Hallelujah!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »

Wow! How great is Our God!  We have two cngregations in one at my church.....one being Spanish speaking.  I might try to see if they would like for her to come. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

Now people are making their sport shooting to pieces those who give Linda the greatest support. What is the purpose? Who is actually behind this?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »

Johann:

Examples, please.

Johann

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 10:44:51 PM »

Johann:

Examples, please.

Gregory, would you not think that a person is unfair to you if he made a public declaration that you should resign from your job because you are not in disagreement with how your hospital is run?

People on this forum are demanding that Linda's most recent benefactor should resign from his job because he appears to be neutral on the question of the ordination of women now and therefore does not stop it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up