Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton - New Life  (Read 24150 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: Linda Shelton - New Life
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »

Johann:

People on this forum are demanding that Linda's most recent benefactor should resign from his job because he appears to be neutral on the question of the ordination of women now and therefore does not stop it.

I have no idea as to what you are talking about.  If I were to speculate, I could probably consider a number of people.  Who is Linda's most recent benefactor?  For all I know, her most recent benefactor is someone who benefited her on the 15th at 10 PM my time?  (You posted on the 16th at 3:37 PM, my time.)

Johnn, all I asked for was more information as to what you are talking about, because I do not know.

Johann

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 04:58:48 AM »

Johann:

People on this forum are demanding that Linda's most recent benefactor should resign from his job because he appears to be neutral on the question of the ordination of women now and therefore does not stop it.

I have no idea as to what you are talking about.  If I were to speculate, I could probably consider a number of people.  Who is Linda's most recent benefactor?  For all I know, her most recent benefactor is someone who benefited her on the 15th at 10 PM my time?  (You posted on the 16th at 3:37 PM, my time.)

Johnn, all I asked for was more information as to what you are talking about, because I do not know.

I was referring to what Linda wrote herself in the first post here - just continuing the current discussion. She refers to Elder Jackson, the president of the North American Division, whom others on this forum are demanding resign from his post.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »

Johann:

I was referring to what Linda wrote herself in the first post here - just continuing the current discussion. She refers to Elder Jackson, the president of the North American Division, whom others on this forum are demanding resign from his post.

The brethren at work again!!  Unbelievable!!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:02 AM »

Johann:

If he isn't going to do his job, then he should resign. But stating such is not the same as demanding his resignation. He was elected to do a job, and he ought to do it.

And Jackson "appears" anything but neutral on the question. He is so far from neutral that his January letter on the E 60 policy said that that issue decisively clarified the beliefs of NAD members on a related matter, when it most certainly did not.

Johann

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

Johann:

If he isn't going to do his job, then he should resign. But stating such is not the same as demanding his resignation. He was elected to do a job, and he ought to do it.

And Jackson "appears" anything but neutral on the question. He is so far from neutral that his January letter on the E 60 policy said that that issue decisively clarified the beliefs of NAD members on a related matter, when it most certainly did not.

When have the demands for his resignation on this forum been withdrawn?

It has never been the responsibility of individual church members nor self-appointed groups within the church to decide if a Division president is carrying out his God given responsibility or not. If you have a legitimate complaint it is your duty to report that to the Division committee, which takes the responsibility. Those members are elected by the General Conference in Session, and not appointed privately like in certain private institutions.

Johann

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

Message from Linda Shelton

What's new in my life? I just completed a 4 page brochure that Esperanza (the Spanish Television Channel for the Seventh Day Adventist Church) will be using for promotions this summer. Through this venture, I have the privilege of speaking to a lot of Spanish folks because the brochure will be printed in Spanish, as well as English. It is a big WOW that is happening in Esperanza. It is the BIG THING in the SDA Church right now! Nearly 50% of the baptisms happening are with Hispanic people! This people group is ripe for the HARVEST right now. I certainly hope you will consider supporting them!! I may be seeing you at a SDA Camp-meeting this summer as well as I have been asked to represent Esperanza in these pubic arenas too.

Recently the North American Division of Seventh Day Adventists paid to fly me to Silver Springs, Maryland to the General Conference headquarters. (It is an awesome experience everytime I am there!) I met with Elder Jackson, the North American Division President as well as a GC Vice-President. It was an informative meeting for me and them. Although I was not seeking it, I was endowed with NAD Approval as a result of this meeting. This means that the NAD not only recognizes me as a SDA member in good standing, it also means that they recommend and endorse me for ministry within the SDA Church. This is a highly valued recommendation, and it is not given to many people. It's a God-thing!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to great things happening this year, and I hope you are too. At the end of a big season of trials, "Joy comes in the morning!"

Many blessings to you and yours, Linda

This is how it began.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:23 AM »

Johann:

When have the demands for his resignation on this forum been withdrawn?

It has never been the responsibility of individual church members nor self-appointed groups within the church to decide if a Division president is carrying out his God given responsibility or not. If you have a legitimate complaint it is your duty to report that to the Division committee, which takes the responsibility. Those members are elected by the General Conference in Session, and not appointed privately like in certain private institutions.

Then he should take what you just wrote to heart: He was elected by the General Conference in Session. Therefore, when he says that he is going to stand back and do and say nothing when entities in the NAD are moving toward violating GC policy and GC Session votes, he is saying that he isn't going to do his job.

Who is on the NAD committee?

Johann

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »

Who is on the NAD committee?

Executive Committee:

Daniel R. Jackson, Chair; G. Alexander Bryant, Secretary; Juan Acosta, Eric D. Anderson, Niels-Erik Andreasen, Antonio M. Anobile, VicLouis Arreola, Raj Attiken, Carla Baker, Delbert W. Baker, Trevor HC Baker, Seth T. Bardu, Paula Barnes, D. Edward Barnett, Maria Barreto, Theodore R. Benson, Gordon Bietz, Neil Biloff, James L. Black Sr., Larry D. Blackmer, Dedrick Blue, Arthur F. Blinci, Larry Boggess, Frank D. Bondurant, Shawn Boonstra, Ernie Boughman Jr., John L. Bradshaw, Paul S. Brantley, Debra C. Brill, George I. Brill, Jeffrey O. Brown, Gary Burns, Lisa Burrow, Carlton P. Byrd, Faith Calaminos, Carol Campbell, Eduardo Canales, Ramon Canals, Ramiro Cano, Hamlet Canosa, Brian Carlson, Ron Carlson, Selwyn Carrington, Walter E. Carson, R. Ernest Castillo, Michael F. Cauley, Larry L. Caviness, Mario E. Ceballos, Timo Chacon, Shirley Chang, Charles L. Cheatham, Carl Patrick Chin, A. Ramon Chow, Glenn Christensen, Michelle Clarke, Ron E. M. Clouzet, Raylene Connelly, Claudio Consuegra, Pamela K. Consuegra, Lowell C. Cooper, Robyn Cordova, Thomas D. Coridan, Ken Corkum, Jose Cortes, Gary R. Councell, Carlos Craig, Ken Crawford, Thaine Creitz, Manuel Cruz, D. Wayne Culmore, Sam Dade, Dustan Daniel, Marcia Daniel, James R. Davidson, Donovan Davis, Jerome L. Davis, Daniel O. Day, Eleazarbe De Gracia, Janet Denham, David Dennis, Kenneth A. Denslow, David Dildy, Maitland DiPinto, Karnik Doukmetzian, Charles W. Drake, Edward Dunn, Chris Dupuis, Michael G. Edge, Dana C. Edmond, Mansfield Edwards, Melvin K. Eisele, G. Thomas Evans, Rudy Fallang, Odette R. Ferreira, Sherry Fisher, Robert S. Folkenberg Jr., Carolyn R. Forrest, Frank Fournier, John Fournier, John C. Freedman, Hugh French, Cary Fry, Debra Fryson, Jay Gallimore, Steven L. Gallimore, David Gemmell, Tim Goff, Frank M. Gonzalez, Marshall Gonzalez, Ricardo B. Graham, Samuel L. Green, David E. Greenlaw, Dave Greenlee, Linda Griffin, Buford Griffith Jr., Rodney A. Grove, Moises Guerrero, Elaine M. Hagele, Steve Haley, Ronald B. Halvorsen Jr., Marcus Harris, Richard H. Hart, Ray C. Hartwell, Mark T. Haynal, Gene Heinrich, Debbie Hilton, Jim Hiner, April Hobbs, Paul Hopkins, Patricia L. Horst, Robert J. Hosteter, Dan Houghton, Tanya Huether, Alan Hurlbert, Van G. Hurst, Donna J. Jackson, Michael R. Jamieson, Caleb Jara, Delbert L. Johnson, George W. Johnson Jr., J. Alfred Johnson II, Lawrence Johnson, Mark A. Johnson, Cryston Josiah, Warren D. Judd, Hector Jurado, Ellie Kaanaana, Clarence Kegler, Alvin M. Kibble, Don E. Kim, Donald G. King, Eldeen King, Dennis Kingma, Frederick M. Kinsey, G. Earl Knight, Heather J. Knight, Esther Knott, Merlin L. Knowles, J. Deryl Knutson, John Kriegelstein, Jack L. Krogstad, Julie Kroll, Sung K. Kwon, Nancy Lamoreaux, Daniel Latchman, Robert E. Lemon, Thomas L. Lemon, Tomm Lemon, Donald Livesay, John Loor Jr., Kelly Loxdale, Rodney Luttrell, Sara Maniscalco, Dennis Marshall, Eleanor Marshalleck, Robert Mason, John H. H. Mathews, Jorge R. Mayer, Raymond Mayor, Geoffrey G. Mbwana, Alphonso McCarthy, Duane McKey, Troy McQueen, John K. McVay, Marisa Medina, Carmelo Mercado, Louis B. Metellus, William K. Miller, Armando Miranda, Bobby J. Mitchel, Bruce Moore, Larry R. Moore, Hubert J. Morel Jr., John H. C. Moyer, Pardon K. Mwansa, Zebron Ncube, Ron Nelson, Bradford C. Newton, G. T. Ng, Vinh Nguyen Sr., James R. Nix, Kieth Noll, Bill Ochs, Ron Oliver, Dionisio Olivo, Eric Ollila, Pierre Omeler, Steve Orian, Michael F. Ortel, Orville D. Parchment, Ruth E. Parish, C. Michael Park, Walter L. Pearson Jr., James E. Pedersen, Marilyn Peeke, Gerald D. Penick Sr., Ray Pichette, Melody Pickett, Dennis L. Plubell, David Prest, Kristin Priest, Vernon Pritchard, Ruben Ramos, John Ramsay, Melissa Reid, Allan L. Reimche, Katia Reinert, Mark A. Remboldt, Rick Remmers, Randy Robinson, Ann Roda-Hernandez, Heather Reichert, Fred Rogers, Jose Vicente Rojas, Frieda Roos, Stan Rouse, David Runnels, Frederick A. Russell, Michael L. Ryan, Benjamin D. Schoun, Glynn C. W. Scott, Charles W. Scriven, Sandra Silva, Carlyle C. Simmons, Ella S. Simmons, Sandra Sims, Ron C. Smith, Jorge Soria, Weymouth Spence, Daryl Spivey, Lincoln Ernest Steed, Artur A. Stele, James L. Stevens, Dragan Stojanovic, Nicole Stokes, Garry Sudds, Joel Swanson, Astrid Thomassian, Leon D. Thomassian, Glyne Thompson, John Thorn, Alayne D. Thorpe, Gary F. Thurber, Frank Tochterman, Milagros Tomei, Max C. Torkelsen II, Ralph Trecartin, David Trim, Douglas Trott, Arnold Trujillo, Michael Tucker, Larry Unterseher, Maurice Valentine, Robert T. Vandeman, Miriam Vargas, Juan J. Vega, Berit von Pohle, John Wagner, Lilya Wagner, Vincent Waln, C. Maurine Wahlen, Donnieval Walker, Ralph S. Watts II, David Weigley, Norman L. Wendth, Phyllis Whitley-Washington, Lyn R. Wick, Kenneth J. L. Wiebe, Cynthia Williams, Ivan C. Williams, Krystal Williams, Walton A. Williams, Cleveland Wilson, Ted N .C. Wilson, William Winston, Randal R. Wisbey, Beverly Wombold, Ed Wright, Jim Wright, Lori T. Yingling, Dan Zacharias.

Here is the Administration which is responsible for the daily work:

Administration:

President, Daniel R. Jackson (E-mail: Pres.office@nad.adventist.org ).

Assistant to the President, Kenneth A. Denslow.

Vice Presidents, Larry D. Blackmer (E-mail: Larry.Blackmer@nad.adventist.org ); Paul S. Brantley (E-mail: Paul.Brantley@nad.adventist.org ); Debra C. Brill (E-mail: Debra.Brill@nad.adventist.org ); R. Ernest Castillo (E-mail: Ernest.Castillo@nad.adventist.org ); Alvin M. Kibble (E-mail: Alvin.Kibble@nad.adventist.org ).

Assistant Vice President for Media Productions, Warren D. Judd.

Secretary, G. Alexander Bryant (E-mail: GAlexander.Bryant@nad.adventist.org ); Associate, Carolyn R. Forrest (E-mail: Carolyn.Forrest@nad.adventist.org ). Website: www.nadsecretariat.org.

Treasurer, G. Thomas Evans (E-mail: Tom.Evans@nad.adventist.org ); Undertreasurer, Michael R. Jamieson; Associates, Patricia L. Horst, Delbert L. Johnson, C. Michael Park.

From the 2012  SDA Yearbook
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:35:59 AM by Johann »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »

Took a quick look at all names on this list. Very familiar with just a few. I can see why they are on this list. See some very top names not listed on here.
Now let me get this straight, these are names and group you are backing?? for the progression of "women"s movement for Ordination". If it it laugh I could have told you as soon as I saw a few familiar on here, also pretty shocked at some other names too. Or did I misunderstand what the list was asked for? I really do not keep up with all their committees or boards of what ever and did not pay special attention then lost the train of understanding. Are you also stating that Linda is involved with this group ? and they are starting to tear her down. but I do not see her name in there. Not sure but was that the Drs. name on there also?:  This is a very interesting list! Sorry I am confused at this point what this segiment of posting is other then the group you must be joining of which I see your family names listed also.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »

Johann,

Are you sure that the NAD committee members are chosen by the GC Session. You may be correct, but it sounds strange for a GC Session to elect individuals who just happen to be local conference and union presidents. I agree that the GC Sessions elect the NAD president. But to elect all of the NAD committee members, this sounds strange to me, though you certainly may be correct.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 04:03:22 AM »

I do not have the most current edition of the YEARBOOD before me.  However I am reading the published Constitution and Bylaws of the General Conference as published in a recent YEARBOOK.  I doubt that there are major changes in this regard.

Article XIV of the General Conference Bylaws provides for the membership of Division Executive Committees to include the NAD.  Section 2 provides that certain members of the Division Executive Committee shall be "ex-officio."  So, in one sense, to the extent that these people are elected to office at a General Conference session, it might be said that the GC, in session, elects some members of the Division executive committees.  There are a number of these people elected at a General Conference session that are members of Division Executlive Committees by their election to office at that session.  In addition to these "ex-officio" members of Division Executive Committees, under Section 2, there may be appointed members.  These appointed members will be appointed "according to Division policies."  They may include other denominational employees as well as SDA members who are not employed dy the denomination and also institutional empoloyees.

In summary: The General Conference, in session, elects some to offices which automaticly makes them members of Division Executive Committees and persons who are not so elected may be appointed as members of Division Executive Committees.

Johann

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

Gregory, I deleted our recent conversation  :oops: because my statements were confusing.I was recently voted a delegate to our local conference session and I was studying the local bylaws.  :-\ :-\ :-\

The percentage of delegates to the GC has been reduced considerably since I was a delegate to the General Conference session in Detroit back in 1966. I might not have been a delegate then if the present rules had been in force. ;D ;D ;D Due to the tremendous growth in worlds membership the delegates would have grown out of hand. . . At the first session back in 1863 there was a total of 20 delegates.

We have to remember not to stay in history but move with the times we live in.. So many things have changed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:44:37 PM by Johann »

Johann

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »

From Linda's web page

Linda Shelton Bio

Linda Shelton was born along the banks of Lake Michigan in a city called Racine in Wisconsin.  She loves the memories of corn roasts, block parties, roller-skating with friends and warm family gatherings.  Her growing up years remind her of the nostalgic TV programs, “Andy Griffith,” “Father Knows Best” and “I Love Lucy” which embraced solid family values.

Her father worked as a Chemical and Mechanical  Engineer for Johnson Wax, while her mother was a “stay at home Mom” until Linda became old enough to attend school.  Then she worked as a Physical Fitness Instructor for the YWCA and a Medical Secretary.  Linda, as well as her siblings Cheryl & Dave, were raised attending Christian schools and going to church regularly.

“From an early age I found myself interested in the things pertaining to God,” Linda shares.  “I remember talking to the kids in the neighborhood about Jesus.  When I was older I wrote stories with a spiritual emphasis.  At seventeen I began to write songs, which began a passion for music which has continued to grow as the years have gone by.”

In 1984 Linda co-founded Three Angels Broadcasting Network, a satellite television station which broadcasts around the world.  She became a welcome part of many families’ living rooms where they enjoyed her daily devotionals, her music and her interaction on the daily flagship programs.  She was an integral part of the network as the Vice-President and Secretary of the Board of Directors.  She is the founder of 3ABN Radio.  Additionally she was the Director of 3ABN’s TV Programming, Director of 3ABN Radio, she was the Director of Printing for the Network writing the monthly newsletters and Network magazines, she handled nearly all of the correspondence of the Directors, and she was the Producer of the daily flagship television program.  “The experience of watching this ministry grow from nothing into a world-wide mega-media tool will always be invaluable to me,” she says.  She worked for the Lord at 3ABN for 20 years.

“It was always a dream of mine to work for Jesus at no cost, so while at 3ABN I wrote songs which became CD’s.”  Some remember “The Story of Jesus Birth,” “I Think About Grace” and also “Makin’ Memories,” as well as others.  Linda donated 100% of the sales of these CD’s to 3ABN.  As the number one selling singer-songwriter of the Network, she raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to help support the Network.  Her music videos, containing songs she penned, gained the respect of the Gospel Music Industry winning four Telly Awards in the year 2003.

After taking a Sabbatical for a few years, Linda Shelton is eagerly launching into the next chapter of her life’s mission for Christ!  This includes COMING SOON…a new book, a new CD and a new series of devotional television programs.  Linda shares, “Many years ago, people put a great value on “duty.”  Sometimes life takes some strange twists and turns, but at each turn we must re-evaluate what our duty is for the new chapter of our lives.  There have been heartaches and loss, but after the winter a new springtime begins with brand new growth and inspiration.

Today Linda enjoys doing Women’s Ministries, Campmeetings and Church Services.  She also enjoys networking with others in the Gospel Music Industry to produce music that glorifies the Lord.  If you are interested in inviting Linda to a special event or service, please write or send an email her way.

“God, make me brave for life, oh, braver than this.  Let me straighten after pain as a tree straightens after rain, shining and lovely again.”
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:46:29 AM by Johann »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 10:47:40 AM »

:goodpost:

Big "LIKE"!!!

Good for you, Linda!!  God never promised us smooth sailing, but He did promise a safe arrival!!  You are truly a gift!!

Thanks for sharing that, Johann!!    :TY:

:dogwag:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up