Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN (Links & Resources)

Linda's autobiography available on Amazon

(1/3) > >>

inga:
I hope this forum is not completely dead. Things are livening up with Linda's book being more widely available. If you haven't already done so, pick up your own copy. In the US, you can get it in Paperback as well as digital format. In the rest of the world, Kindle format is most practical. You can click through the link on the Facebook page of Sabbath School Net: https://www.facebook.com/SabbathSchool.net/posts/1114540098556032 And when you're there, check out the reviews and comments. John Lomacang himself deemed it necessary to post a long comment under a negative review to slander Linda in public.

(I just checked, and it seems that you can see the post without being a Facebook member. If  you can't, reply here, and I'll put up another link.)

Sister:

John Lomacang's Comment has been removed from the Reviews of Linda's book on Amazon.com. But here is a copy of a reply a retired pastor made concerning Lomacang's comment.

Amazon Customer says:  (February 4, 2016)

As a retired pastor myself, I see John Lomacang's comment here as a serious breach of pastoral ethics. Parishioners have a right to expect that personal concerns that they voice to their pastor remain confidential. Ethical pastors uphold confidentiality, as do lawyers, doctors and psychologists.

On the other hand, this comment appears to provide corroboration of Linda's observation of her pastor's lack of pastoral care and his taking Danny's side against her.

If Linda had, indeed, been guilty of a moral failing, it would have been her pastor's responsibility to counsel her in the matter. But even in this highly condemning comment, Pastor Lomacang can not come up with anything more evil than Linda's telephone conversations with the doctor who was treating her son. He falsely represents Linda's phone conversations with her son's doctor as "being with the doctor" and thus hints at an illicit romantic relationship - without any credible evidence. (The times Linda was supposedly "with the doctor" they were both on different continents. Another time, Brenda Walsh, her "friend" was with her in Norway. Other times, Johann Thorvaldsson, 3ABN representative for Europe, and/or his late wife Irmgard was just as much "with her" as was "the doctor.")

How many women reading this could be condemned in a similar manner for "being with the doctor"? Or maybe "with the lawyer" or "with the counselor." (Keep in mind that relations with counselors are far more intimate than consultations regarding a son's treatment are likely to be.)

Is it possible that Danny Shelton was far more "with" another woman than Linda ever was "with the doctor"? There appears to be far more evidence for Danny's being "with" a woman than for Linda being "with" the doctor. Was the pastor complicit in drawing attention away from Danny's behavior by falsely accusing Linda?

Pastor Lomacang's taking Danny's side in asking her to, in effect, discontinue treatment of her son's self-injurious trajectory of behaviors appears to demonstrate that this pastor had other interests than his parishioner's welfare in mind. (Could the fact that 3ABN paid half his salary have anything to do with it? Could the fact that Danny had the power to make or break his music career have anything to do with it?) More appropriate behavior from a pastor would have been to counsel Danny to be "with" his wife Linda in seeking to rescue her son from a downward spiral. He could have reminded Danny that "Love thinks no evil," and that when there was occasion to see the doctor, Danny should go "with" his wife, could he not?

What a sad example of pastoral failure!

Daryl Fawcett:

--- Quote ---John Lomacang's Comment has been removed from the Reviews of Linda's book on Amazon.com. But here is a copy of a reply a retired pastor made concerning Lomacang's comment.
--- End quote ---
It's unfortunate that a copy of what he posted there wasn't secured before it was removed.

Perhaps Linda, or somebody else, saved a copy of it before it was removed?

Daryl Fawcett:
This was also posted there:

Linda Shelton is STILL being allegedly harassed (harassed is too nice of a word for it) by shills and thugs ...
ByAmazon Customeron February 4, 2016
Format: Paperback

A captivating page turner and very well written. A Must Read! Linda Shelton is STILL being allegedly harassed (harassed is too nice of a word for it) by shills and thugs and we see on the negative comments. I haven't found the comment (I see two were removed or deleted) written by John Lomacang but I have read some others comments about what he wrote, one being that their impression of his was cocky and ambitious. Just a few comments about his character. I have personally heard him say "that will be the day when a non-adventist teaches us anything". WOW, I couldn't believe my ears! I learn things all the time from people, no matter who they are or what religion they are from. What cocky self-righteousness! Where's the humble and meek spirit? Secondly, I will give you a direct quote (you may not believe in the topic, but glean from the statement what you will) of something he said (I have it on video and he has threatened to sue me if I released it, going against the scriptures, God's word) "There's a chapter in Patriarchs and Prophets, it begins on page 364, read that chapter,'CEREMONIAL LAW AND FEASTS DONE AWAY WITH, THAT'S THE TITLE OF THAT CHAPTER". Those were the actual words he spoke to everyone, which of course was not true. No wonder he doesn't want it dispersed. The chapter (32) is entitled "The Law and the Covenants", and the word FEAST is NOT in the title, nor can it be found in the entire chapter and it certainly did not say "done away with". Pastor Lomacang seems to have a habit of RE-PHRASING THINGS to suit his purpose. There were several other UNtruths on the video, no wonder he threatened me and doesn't want them released. I have ORDERS that if anything happens to me like has happened to Linda by the thugs, to RELEASE that video along with statements showing what those "Re-phrasings"/untruths are.

Daryl Fawcett:
This was also posted there:

Truth is stranger than fiction!
ByBusyMamaon February 4, 2016
Format: Paperback

This is a definite page turner! Like the other reviewers, I could not put this book down. Even though it is thick, I read it in a matter of days. I was skeptical at first, as true forgiveness is a gift from God. By the end of the book I was convinced that Linda has received this gift! I find it SO interesting that all the reviewers so far have given the book a full 5/5 stars except for two who both gave it 1 star out of 5. One of those two is or was a 3ABN employee herself! Ignore those two false reviews folks! For anyone who has been hurt and who struggles with forgiveness, this is a MUST READ! What Linda has endured, and is still enduring is beyond comprehension for most of us. I am so grateful to Linda for having the courage to put this important work out. There are always two sides to every story so it's a blessing to have this side of this scandal. I have firsthand knowledge of many of the major facts in this book, being married to someone who is related to someone related through marriage to the Shelton clan. This book shook me to my core in many ways, as I might have written a similar story had I not experienced divine intervention in my life! Most of us women have encountered the Too Good To Be True Guy. The one who says all the right things, is charismatic, is the one we want to be Prince Charming, but in the end, is Mr. Control Freak and isolates us from all our supports. I had a guy like that in my life, but God intervened before I ended up marrying him! This story was a glimpse into the life experience I may have shared with Linda, and other abused women. There is a saying, "Truth is stranger than fiction!" This could never be more true than in this story. I hope and pray that the end of it can be repentance, and not just forgiveness!! God can change hearts and I hope that happens so that beauty can rise from the ashes of corruption, greed, jealousy and hatred. Miracles can and do happen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version